The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mayor vs girl 16 in court for sexual abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mayor vs girl 16 in court for sexual abuse

Post by Guest on 10.10.12 8:48

This case has been in our news for a few months now. Yesterday the trial started and will last for the next fouR weeks.

Rune oygard, 56. Mayor of the place vaagaa in Norway for the last sixteen years. Now accused of having sex with a girl over a periods of 2 years, and the first intercourse happens when she was 13 years according the girl..

Yesterday was the first time the girl got to tell her story publicly, she wanted an open court so people could hear her story with her own words. The mayor has already used the media giving interviews multiple times claiming his innocent with his wife for 29 years standing faithfully by his side, believing he is 100 % innocent. He has used his position to go public claiming his innocent, by doing that he also claims this girl is lying. With the result that she has been tagged as a lier and lots of rumors about her in the small place she lives.
This mayor is very popular and respected amongst people..he lookes like a troll and is ugly but that's just my opinion and has no relevance to this case of course...

So yesterday the girl started telling her story, beginning with the start of how she got to know him. He contacted her and started to invite her to attend trips, meetings with him etc. she was interested in politics, and she was also proud that a man in such a high position gave her all this attention and opertuinities. She at that time thought a mayor was something really big like the prime minister. The mayor took her many places, even to visit the prime minister of our country jens stoltenberg.

After a while it slowly turned into a sexual abuse. She was young and the first time he had intercourse with her he cried afterward saying he would never do that again. She felt sorry for him, and it slowly turned into like a relationship from his side. Buying her things etc. when she was 15 /16 she fell in love with a boy on her own age. The mayor got mad at her, saying he could not live without her etc. so she went on another trip with him, she didn't want to hurt him she said. But eventually as she got into a relationship with this boy on her own age, she didn't want to attend more time with the major, the major arranged a meeting for them ith the prime minister and so, but she refused to go. Her new bf mum said she acted strangely and wanted to know what was wrong or why she acted like she did, she then told for the first time about the abuse, and so the case started.

So who is telling the truth ? There are over 5000 recorde of messages between them, and also phone calls and Skype calls. He admit that they sometimes shared a double bed when on travels. But nothing happened and there are good explanations as to why they did so, according to the mayor.

Today the girl continues her statement, And later today the mayor will start his.

Here is a link for an interview with the mayor about this case. Where he claims to be innocent . I'm not sure if you can see this vid abroad..

http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/overgrepstiltalt-vaagaaordfoerer-alt-har-en-naturlig-forklaring-3747719.html

Back to top Go down

Day 3 -mayor statement

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 7:52

Yesterday and today its the mayor giving his view of their relationship.

He says he and his wife was like parent for her, he included his wife in almost eerything he told. " we did this for her" " we thought this" " we saw that" etc. The girl said she hardly had anything to do with his wife.
The Mayor is calling the 16 year old girl a notoric lier and that she had a unnormal relationship to sex, and that she often talked about sex..

The evidence they do have is lots of text messages and skype conversation. In one of the text message sent to her only days before she called the police on him ended with: "I love you, and only you" This he explain to be part of their language, that they had developed their own tribe language. ( yes this is a mayor of 53 years old speaking).

On skype ( those evidence are not gone trew by the judge yet but some of it has leaked out) they talk about sex, sex positions, he says he wants to marry her etc. This was from the time when the girl was 14 years old. This he explained with that SHE lead him into discussions about sex, asking questions , and found it wrong and told her he did not want to talk abut that. Still he says things on skype like " I want to see it all" etc... He also said he was lead away and was foolish and naiv and just wanted to help her and be there for her...

This is a man working as a mayor for 16 years, politics and so. Are we really supposed to believe that he was so easily led by a girl of age 14 years? Really?
He also explaines the fact that they always shared dubbelbed on the hotel when he was travelling with her, because she had fear of dark and got hysteric when he tried to give her her own room... Would a father do that with his daughter in that age? Maybe maybe not, should a Mayor do that with sOMEONE leses child? DEfently not?

He try to make it sound like saying I love you, giving massages, sharing bed, taking her everywhere, talking about sex was perfectly normal and none of his friends ever found this strange at all ( really? because the rest of this country do find it strange)

The mayor and the girl are giving to completly different stories, one is lying ! I defently belive the girl ! Even though she had lied about having sex with him, its no doubt that the mayor has acted irresponsible towards this girl he so desperatly tried to help !

What is interresting is that the mayor has used the media to state his innoccent, and has given many interviews on tape saying he has not done this. If he is lying this is a good vid to compare to other liers ..

Today the Mayors wife is going to give her statement, I wonder what she thinks about his skype talk and text messages, and if she thinks its normal to say things like : i love you and only you. I dont think a normal father would even say that to his daughter ... Sounds more like a love language to me.

I wish our language was english right now so all of you could follow this case directly like I do, and see all the vids and interiviews. Not sure if any forrent medias is covering this case, its head news in Norway. This Mayor is also part of the political part AP, who was attaced on Utoya by ABB last year...He is just suspended with full payment from his mayor job while the trail is going...

My heart goes out to this little girl fighting this big powers! MAy justice do right to her !

Link directly to the trial

http://direkte.vg.no/studio/ordfrersaken-dag-4

Back to top Go down

Court day 1 - English translate

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 8:26

This is a ressume By Jarle Grivi Brenna directly from the girls statement and what happened in court day 1 of the trail agains the mayor. ( the conversation starts at the bottom of this text, so read from bottom and up)

16-year-old gets up when the court raised. She pushed the chair up to the witness box and goes to the lawyer's assistance bench - without having to look over at the defendant the right. There, she pinched by Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal. Two friends who follow the trial also comes out.
3 days ago
The court emphasized for the day
By: Jarle Grivi Brenna
Prosecutor Klundseter says that it is now natural for him to go over to a new theme.

- When we finish for the day, so we continue the hearing here tomorrow at nine, said court administrator.
3 days ago
Told it to her boyfriend
The victim said she eventually managed to tell your new girlfriend what had happened. Boyfriend was not interested in politics and did not reflect who Vågå mayor was. She had to explain that he was a grown man in his 50s.

- He said he came to support me all the way, she says.
3 days ago
Immediate on VGTV
When the court is raised, we will again send directly VGTV. In addition to interviews with the prosecutor, the defense counsel and we will summarize what has happened in court today. You can follow the broadcast of the video player to the right.
3 days ago
Smiled
When the victim described the Larvik-trip joined defendant Rune Øygard to smile. He has repeatedly rolled his eyes and shook his head in the 16-year-old legend.
3 days ago
Spa hotel theme
The victim comes into the period when she was with her current boyfriend. It happened in 2011. In the same period would Øygard to Farris Bad with the girl. She claims he found a meeting in Larvik to pick up her there.

- It was not a meeting there. We did not have a meeting once, she says.

The victim wanted rather to be with her boyfriend.

- I began to put me up against him, says 16-year-old in court.
3 days ago
Keep on until. 15
The prosecutor and the victim agree that they continue questioning the 15 o'clock in the afternoon. Although it clearly is tough for her, she explains the coherent and clear.
3 days ago
This is the charge
Vågå mayor Rune Øygard (53) from Labor is charged with sexual intercourse with an underage girl. The repeated sexual abuse allegedly occurred over a two year period from 2009 - 2011, when the girl was between 13 and 15 years.

According to the indictment crimes have started in the school's fall break 2009, the cabin of the defendant. Furthermore, they have taken home Øygard in Lom, on both cabins and on his travels to Molde, Larvik and Oslo.

Øygard denying guilt. He is not accused of rape.
3 days ago
More questions about sexual intercourse
The victim gets a lot of questions from the prosecutor about the number of cases of sexual intercourse with Øygard in his home. She estimates that there is about 20-25 in home in Lom.
3 days ago
Used Skype from office
According to 16-year-old legend that the girl has stripped off in front of webcam while Øygard came with Skype from the mayor office.

- I remember that he wrote to me that you look hot or something, she says.

- And then there was talk of seeing something? Asks prosecutor Klundseter.

- Yes, answer the girl - and explains what is going on.

Klundseter ask what happened next.

- Afterwards he said that he needed some fresh air, before he could walk among the people again, she says from the witness box.

Øygard notes a lot and did not look up when she talks about the incident that allegedly occurred in 2009. Police have secured the history of the Skype messages from your computer to Øygard. These will be presented as evidence in court.
3 days ago
- Got him as boyfriend
16-year-old says that it was her opinion that Rune Øygard her lover. The prosecutor has referred to the large age difference during the inquiry.

- I had not seen me and he boyfriends, she says.

- You had to say something, you had to do something more about it, ask the prosecutor, referring to the incident where Øygard allegedly responded that she was in love with a boy the same age.

- I said that it was not the purpose.

3 days ago

Girl (16): Labor mayor cried and said he regretted
LILLEHAMMER (AP) When the wife traveled in the store, the Labour mayor Rune Øygard assaulting the young girl for the first time.
Read more
3 days ago
- But, we are not romantically then?
According to the legend the 16-year-old and in court now, the Rune Øygard have reacted when she fell in love with an even-aged boy.

- But, we are not romantically then, shall Øygard have said, according to the victim.
3 days ago

Around 5000 sms, mms and telephones between Øygard and girl (16)
(AP) Vågå mayor Rune Øygard (Ap) and the girl he is accused of abuse exchanged thousands of messages and phone calls in the three months before he was arrested.
Read more
3 days ago
Back in the witness box
When the court sat again and 16-year-old continues his explanation. Prosecutor asks for the contact with the mayor after the assault victim as described before halftime.

- We could have a phone call when I woke up several times during the day and before I went to bed. SMS contact was even more frequently, she said.
3 days ago
Question
I'll try to answer some questions from you now rest.
3 days ago
Pause
Klundseter prosecutor suggested that the court took a 15 minute break as he shall be in a slightly different theme. It also wanted the victim and the court was thus raised.
3 days ago
Seems untouched
Øygard defendant does not appear as very affected by the serious abuses described. He notes very much and often looking up at the victim before he looks down and record more.

He has taken a "professional role".
3 days ago

To see the courtroom.
By: Photograph HELGE MIKALSEN / VG
3 days ago

- Did he regretted
The victim said from the witness stand that Øygard started crying afterwards.

- He said he was sorry and that it would never happen again, she explains.
3 days ago
Shakes her head
The defendant Rune Øygard stop making notes and looking straight at the 16-year-old girl when she describes how he conducted the first intercourse with her.

He shakes his head as he looks at the 16-year-old. She keeps her eyes fixed on Klundseter prosecutor who sits on the opposite side.
3 days ago
Produces no details
Even if we follow what happens in court continuously, will not VG to disclose detailed descriptions of the abuses victims testify about.

We will however give you enough information so that you understand what happens in court and get an idea of ​​how things stand in terms of evidence. Our assessment of the relay is controlled by the guidelines in the Code of Ethics and Good VG-practice (internal ethical rules).
3 days ago
Filming of the trial
By: Tor Erling Thomte Ruud
South Gudbrandsdal Court decided that filming would not be allowed in this case. The court believes it will have an adverse effect at all in the matter, in addition to that there will be a charge for the parties involved.

The entire decision can be read here:
3 days ago
- It was the first assault
The victim describes the first assault that is part of the serious charges against Lom-mayor. The event takes place in the fall during 2009.

- It was the first assault, she said, and burst into tears.

She will quickly help of prosecutor Klundseter and manage to keep the legend with a description of the assault. She gets more questions about details of the incident.
3 days ago
- Had me two peaks
The victim tells how the behavior of Øygard evolved and he, according to her have gone ever further.

- I began to protect myself. I had the example of me two tops and a sweater over there again, she says in front of the judges.
3 days ago
Girl (16): Great to have contact with a mayor
LILLEHAMMER (AP) The 16-year-old girl was proud Labor mayor Rune Øygard contacted her. - He wanted help with a Facebook profile, said the girl.
Read more
3 days ago
Describes physical contact
The victim now tells the court the first time Øygard should have been in physical contact with her. It happened when she was on a visit at the home of the mayor and his wife after working as a milkmaid in the mountains.

The victim describes how he stroked and kissed her forehead. She has not yet entered the abuses described in the indictment.
3 days ago
- So intensely at me
The victim tells the court that Rune Øygard so much at her in the rearview mirror in your car during a drive to the opening of the National Breheimen Sjaak, in late July 2009. Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was present at the opening.

- He looked intently at me. It was the first time I noticed it, she says.

- He set the mirror backwards, she elaborates on the follow-up question from the prosecutor.

Defendant listen carefully and note when the girl says this.
3 days ago
Visited businesses
The victim said she visited several businesses along with the mayor.

- It was interesting to see what a mayor was doing. There were not many people my age got to experience something like that. I was interested in what he did and thought it was funny.

- I thought it was something big when I was small - a prime minister, she adds.

According to the prosecution case, the repeated sexual overgepene should have happened over a two year period from 2009 - 2011, when the girl was between 13 and 15 years.
3 days ago
Started Facebook Profile
The victim said she was involved in the establishment of a Facebook profile for adolescents Vågå. Before that they had met in the family and at a local event in the village.

- I thought it was obviously winning the contact with the mayor, she says in the witness box.
3 days ago
Chronological
The victim will testify freely and have started chronologically. She talks about how she first met the accused mayor.
3 days ago
Speaking very low
16-year-old begins his story with a weak voice. Defender Larsen interrupts and asks her to speak up. It's hard to hear what she says.
3 days ago
Giæver commenting: Evidence and credibility
There is an obvious imbalance of power between a crying girl and an uncomfortable mayor. How will it affect the court?
Read more
3 days ago
The court set in.
The victim girl has taken the witness stand, cast personlia reassurance and to explain the truth.
3 days ago
Pause in court
The judge has adjourned court. It's lunch break until. 12.30. VGTV send directly to pause. We hope to get an interview with several of the players in the court. In addition, the summary of what has happened.
3 days ago
Larsen denies allegations
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen takes the word and immediately denies accusations from counsel that they have used "private investigator" in advance of the trial.

- I ask that the court disregard it as a fact. That's what I want to say about it, says Larsen.

3 days ago
Accusations of private investigation
Aid lawyer accused the defense of having used "Private Detective" to interrogate witnesses before trial. She says it has made matters more difficult for the victim.

- When she came back to school after the summer was far more rumors and we now understand why, says Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal.

3 days ago
Reacting to the interviews
Aid lawyer reacts to how the defendant has acted in connection with the serious accusation. She points out among other things that the media repeatedly wrote that "the district supports the mayor," which has been tough for the victim.

Braathen Hjortdal think Øygard have pre pleaded their case in the media. She has particular reacted to reports in the local newspaper VG and GD 5 last November, and that Øygard invited TV2 and NRK interviews at Easter this year. Braathen Hjortdal have spoken to VG that they seemed like "advertising campaigns to affirm ØYGARDEN innocence".

Read also:
Girl (16) looking forward to telling his version in court
3 days ago
Assistance Advocate word
Lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal now explain their views on the matter. She points out among other things that she has complained to the public prosecutor and believes Øygard also should have been charged with having abused his position-

- Although it is not included in the indictment, I believe there are factors that are important for the court to take with them, says Hjortdal.
3 days ago
Oppfordrong to media
The judge reads the part of the ruling of open doors where the press are encouraged to be their responsibility proved. See, for example the press code of ethics regulations.
3 days ago
Tragedy
Larsen sorry case goes to open court, said the case is a tragedy for both parties. Øygard desired closed just to avoid gluttony in detail. For the girl, it was important that her side of the story comes out in public, after several media initiatives from Øygard in the case.
3 days ago
Asks media to show respect
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen asking the court to encourage the media to show respect and argues that it is unusual that a sedelighetssak of this type are open to the public. Larsen produced on behalf of their client a request that the doors were closed during the entire trial, but it was rejected by the court.

The victim girl has wanted to open doors, partly because they felt that the defendant Rune Øygard have pre-litigated case in the media.
3 days ago
Disagreement about the level of care
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen has repeatedly stated that the young girl at times have lived at home with Rune Øygard. Lawyer Braathen Hjortdal has repeatedly denied this. In an interview on VGTV today she repeats this, saying it is hurtful to the parents of the girl that this ever come up. The mother of the girl shakes her head when Larsen mentioned this in his introduction.

You can see the current VGTV interview here.
3 days ago
One kind of credibility
Credibility will be very crucial in this trial, since the indictment was based on indisiebevis. While defendant denies having committed the alleged crimes against victims.

In the Norwegian judicial system, it is not allowed to present what is often called "crap packages". In the U.S., this is very common in cases where credibility is central. In Norway, there are far greater demands on the questions to witnesses are relevant.

While the Supreme Court has ruled that list to intercept the witnesses will be high.
3 days ago
Reacting to the prosecutor's claim for vitneavskjæring
Larsen is now fighting back against the prosecution's claim that 11 of the defense witnesses should be precluded. Larsen and colleague Eiebakke has sued a total 36 witnesses. The defense believes these are relevant. Larsen believes that the prosecution has summoned witnesses who know little about the conditions described in the indictment.

She also rejects the suggestions from the prosecution that the defense has performed in the border and asked the witness whether the victim is credible.

- I will never in my career as a lawyer to ask a witness if the victim is credible, but I'm concerned about the fact of the matter, Larsen turn back.

3 days ago
Can not be in doubt
Larsen also reminds the judges of the requirements of the law for a conviction.

- You should be sure, if you will convict Øygard, says defender.
3 days ago
- Not the mayor sitting in the dock
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen starts like this:

- I would first like to remind you that he is a man of the people, with 70 percent of the vote in the last election, but he is prosecuted as a private person. It's not the mayor who stays here. He is not allowed for abuse of position. I would like to remind the court about it. He has not used his position as mayor, as one can perceive that the case has been made from the opposite side.
3 days ago
The court set in.
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen now takes the word and warning that she will need a little more time than usual when it opened for comments on the prosecutor's opening statement.
3 days ago
Back at. 10.30
The right to be left in a few minutes.
3 days ago
Pause in court - VGTV sends
There are now 15 minute break in court. Afterwards defender and counsel present their comments to the prosecution's opening statement.

VGTV sends direct and summarizes what has happened so far. You can watch the broadcast of the video player to the right.
3 days ago
Will cut eleven witnesses
Prosecutors want to intercept eleven witnesses. Prosecutor Klundseter also address that he responds to how the defense has performed in advance of the trial.

- It may look like they've been looking for information that will undermine the credibility of the victim, said the prosecutor.

He stressed to the court that there is evidence in Norway prohibiting such conditions.

- It is of course relevant if aggrieved previously been convicted of perjury, but that's not the case here. It may look like it's trying obtained information about the victim's credibility in general terms. It does not matter if a witness comes in and says, "I think the victim's credibility." The case will be based on real evidence, says Klundseter to the judges.
3 days ago
 Kari Anne: When did it happen? Maybe I have bad to follow, but wonder if it happened this year or last year.
3 days ago

Answer: According to the indictment abuses have started in autumn 2009. When the girl was under 14. The abuse must have lasted until 1 september last year, according påtalemyndgihetens indictment.

Girl (16) looking forward to telling his version in court
LILLEHAMMER (AP) The young girl will confront Vågå mayor Rune Øygard (53) when the case begins in South Gudbrandsdal District Court today.
Read more
3 days ago
Disagree
Attorney Klundseter said he and defender Larsen is very disagree about much in this case. - And we probably will not agree, he said.

He came into the relationship in connection with his hand out a list of all messages between the victim and the accused. The prosecutor does not want judges flipping this during the proceedings. Only when the desired ones is the theme of the court and the players asking judges scroll up on the right side.

Klundseter fear messages will be any disturbance while the other things going on in court.
3 days ago
VGTV sends directly at. 10
VGTV be right back on the air. Then the reporter Roar Dalmo Moltubak summarize what has happened in court so far with the VG news editor Øystein Milli. You can see VGTV on this page - the video player to the right.
3 days ago

Charged Labor mayor must answer for 50 alleged intercourse
LILLEHAMMER (AP) AP-mayor Rune Øygard must, in the VG are lit, answer for 50 alleged sexual encounters he allegedly had with the now 16 year old girl.
Read more
3 days ago
Was staying at a spa hotel
The prosecutor now talking about the much-publicized trip to Larvik, where he believes he can prove that Øygard dreamed up a meeting with a representative of the Color Line - the pretext of taking the girl on spa hotel Farris bathroom.
3 days ago
SMS
It is clear from the introductory lecture Klundseter that many of the witnesses to testify about the contact between the victim and Øygard.

They also sent many SMS messages to each other. Overall, the police have looked at about 5.000 messages to SMS and MMS and phone calls.

Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen and counsel Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal have in advance of the trial disagreed about the importance of SMS messages between Øygard and the girl is in the case. The defender believes that the messages do not show anything more than ordinary contact, while counsel has previously stated that they bear evidence of being declarations of love and inappropriate messages to send to a child.
3 days ago

Burst into tears when she saw the Labor mayor
LILLEHAMMER (AP) The 16-year-old girl started to cry when Labor mayor Rune Øygard came into the courtroom. He is charged with aggravated sexual assault against her.
Read more
3 days ago
62 witnesses
There are over 62 witnesses in the trial. This means that it extends over the entire four weeks, which is a long time for a case concerning the Penal Code § 195.1. The reason is that both the prosecution and the defense has called many witnesses. Many of those do not understand why they're called.
3 days ago
Subscribers
Since it is not allowed to photograph the defendant when he refuses, several of the largest media subscribers on the first row of the courtroom. It is allowed to draw.
3 days ago
Used alias
It's clear that Skype messages were sent to so-called alias or nickname.
- It is the prosecution's view that the messages between the defendant and the plaintiff, said Klundseter.
Skype messages were secured as evidence by the police on the computer to the defendant.
3 days ago
80 Skype messages
Attorney Klundseter informs the court that the prosecution will present 80 A4 pages of printing Skype messages between the minor girl and the accused Labour mayor.

- A part of what appears there will be passed through the interrogation of the defendant and the victim so that we get their explanation about the messages, saying Klundseter.
3 days ago
Witness list
During examination of witnesses will include roller into the victim's stepfather, who is to testify later this week. VG has written that he confronted Øygard after the young girl had confided in her parents. Øygard be when he denied that it had happened, and also denied that the two had shared a bed - which he later admitted in an interview with TV 2, at Easter 2012.
3 days ago
Witness list
The prosecutor is going through its witnesses and tell what role they have. You can read an overview of the various witnesses days here:
Thus the trial Øygard
3 days ago
Word-to-word
The prosecutor pointed out that since the defendant refuses, and the plaintiff has stated on a number of violations, then it will be word-to-word.

- The court must show care and attention to see if there is other evidence that can tell us something about this. That is what is at the heart of the matter. Simply, says Klundseter.

He further points out that the prosecution intends to prove that the defendant has conducted atrocities described in the indictment.
3 days ago
Noting ongoing
Øygard sitting with pen and paper and take notes continuously during the prosecutor's opening statement. He seems focused and often right on the prosecutor.
3 days ago
Øygard depicted nude
The prosecutor reviews the police physical examination of Øygard happened on Christmas Eve. It came as a direct consequence of the girl's interrogation shall be 22 December. VG has written about her in this examination of the judge testified about the variables in the archipelago abdomen.
3 days ago
Stoltenberg dinner theme
Klundseter say that review was submitted on 18 september 2011. The day before the review had the girl refused to go on a dinner mayor had with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.
3 days ago
Introduction Lecture
Attorney Thorbjørn Klundseter is now in the prosecution's opening statement. Here he explains why the prosecutor has brought charges. He starts with a review of the victim and her parents.
3 days ago
New witnesses
The prosecutor says he has some new witnesses defender was warned last night. This will be a topic in court later. It seems that the defense wants to cut off some of the witnesses for the prosecution. Larsen said in court that she believes at least a few of the witnesses are not relevant to the case.
3 days ago
Refuse guilt
Øygard say loud and clear: "No!" when the judge asks if he admits guilt after the prosecutor has completed the recitation of the defendant.
3 days ago
The defendant submits personal
Rune Øygard hesitates slightly when District Court Judge asks about occupation.
- Tjaaa ... Mayor.
He states income to 600,000 and 1 million in assets.
3 days ago
The trial started
The victim hid his face in his hands from the Øygard came into the room to the right was set. She is now included with the judge's introduction that mainly deals with practical matters.
3 days ago
The court set
The judge comes in and right are set. District Court judge must knock an extra time with the club so photographers stop taking her picture. It is not allowed to take pictures after the court has been set.
3 days ago
Defendant between defenders
Labour Mayor has set between the two defenders. He is wearing a black suit jacket over blue shirt. He has said he does not want to be photographed - which he is entitled under the law. Øygard has previously held a press conference in connection with abuse allegations.
3 days ago
Tough reunion
The victim put his head in his hands and began to cry when the defendant Rune Øygard come into court and sits in the dock opposite her. There are eight to ten feet between the two benches.
3 days ago
The victim in place in court
The victim girl has now arrived in court and sits down next to counsel. The victim sitting as usual on the prosecutor's side. She looks down at the table. There are many photographers on the floor in front of her, but they do not take picture of the victim. She has with her parents.
3 days ago
Follow VGTV
Do not forget that VGTV now send directly from the right in the video player to the right of this page. They will also be sending the lunch break and after that the court is adjourned today. Media has applied to transfer the introductory lecture to the prosecutor, but got no of course.
3 days ago
Relevant documents
Binders containing relevant documents. The defenders have to place a quantity of yellow post-it notes on the pages to quickly forward or questioning central police reports.
3 days ago
The defenders arrive right
ØYGARDEN defenders Mette Yvonne Larsen and Martin Eiebakke has now arrived in court. They are immediately surrounded by photographers as they place a lot of red binders up ahead.
3 days ago
Large press turnout
Currently swarms of photographers and journalists on the floor between the prosecutor, counsel and legal officers. Everyone is waiting for the defendant to arrive with his two defenders.
3 days ago
The prosecutor in the early space
Thorbjørn Klundseter (44) which is district attorney in Hedmark and Oppland is already in place in court as the first of the players.
3 days ago
Good morning
Then I place in Courtroom 1 in the courthouse at Lillehammer. The main negotiation goes here because North Gudbrandsdal District Court declared itself incompetent when the village's mayor is put on trial.

Back to top Go down

Day 2 - LAst part of the girls statement and start of the Mayor statement translated

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 8:28

Also here read from bottom and up...

Ends the day
We have canceled our direct reporting from the trial day two. We come back in the morning before the trial resumes before 09 o'clock Follow the case on vg.no.
2 days ago
VGTV send direct
VGTV start sending now that the court is adjourned. You can follow the broadcast of the video player to the right of this page. There are interviews with the participants and summary of the studio is in the courthouse.
2 days ago
Must continue the explanation tomorrow
This means that 16-year-old is not completed today and should continue to respond to questions from defense Mette Yvonne Larsen tomorrow. It was clear that the defenders did not think it was nice to question how the situation was.
2 days ago
The court adjourned for the day
Larsen informed the court that she has about 45 minutes worth of questions. 16-year-old wants to be finished today, but defenders ask referees break until tomorrow.

Court administraor mean that it will not be advisable to postpone the 16-year-old for such a load of new 45 min. and the court raised the day.
2 days ago
Defender wants to quit
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen says she understands that the victim has a hard time, but it's hard for her to do her job because she omits question because she left sitting and crying.

- I can not examine a young girl crying and despair, says Larsen.

2 days ago
Explains again
It goes better with the victim again. She's responding to the defender's questions without crying.
2 days ago
Crying still
16-year-old still crying, but now sits in the witness box by counsel at his side. Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen points out that it does not feel good to ask out a girl who sits and cries.

Larsen suggests both to close the course and continue tomorrow.

- I will try, says 16-year-old.
2 days ago
- Large load
- The charge begins to be great for the victim. Hope we can go a little quieter up ahead, says lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal.
2 days ago
The break extracts
16-year-old is led out of court. It is clear that she was touched by questioning from defense counsel. She will be accompanied by counsel and health care.
2 days ago
Crying
It is clear that the tougher tone in court affects 16-year-old. At halftime, she cried in the arms of counsel Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal.
2 days ago
Pause
There is now a 10 minute break in court.
2 days ago
Tough questioning about intimate characteristics
Larsen asked a series of questions about the characteristics of the body of the defendant. These are issues that 16-year-old has explained about the police questioning. Police also obtained Øygard for a doctor to document these conditions.

Larsen pointed out a number of times that the local doctor has examined her client without finding a scar that 16-year-old has described.

- Then she has not looked far enough down. I know it's there. I know it's there, repeated the 16-year-old several times.
2 days ago
- No delete images
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen points out that NCIS has studied cell phones to the defendant. According to 16-year-old should he have taken a nude photo of her with this cell phone and sent it to her afterwards.

According to Larsen NCIS also studied mobile for deleted images, without finding anything.
2 days ago
Questions about shopping
Mette Yvonne Larsen raise a number of questions on a shopping trip that should have happened while they were on the archipelago cottage on the west coast. Yesterday 16-year-old explained that she was the victim of a sexual assault while ØYGARDEN wife was at the store.

Larsen asked questions about this and it seems like the defender wants to prove that they were just on the west coast in one day and that the victim was involved in Europris store. ØYGARDEN wife will testify later and Larsen announced that they will come back to it then.
2 days ago
Answer all questions
To date, the 16-year-old black okay to questions from defense counsel. She says she has come into more details later. The various explanations have not been divergent on key points.
2 days ago
Ask about abuse
Larsen asks detailed questions about the abuses that 16-year-old testified about yesterday. Defendant responds that some details are different from questioning the police have carried with her.
2 days ago
- Were you scared?
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen questions about why 16-year-old sat up in bed when someone went to the toilet while she stayed home with Øygard. It seems like the defender wants to imply that it was because she was afraid of the dark, but it rejected the cash 16-year-old.

She said she sat up to see if it was Rune Øygard who went to the bathroom.
2 days ago
Detailed questions
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen makes a series of detailed questions, both about family relationships, dates and opening doors. 16-year-old responds quickly and clearly.
2 days ago
Unlucky break
Lawyer Nina Emilie Hjortdal Braathen told the VG at halftime that it was unfortunate that there were technical problems with the microphones. 16-year-old was prepared and ready for the challenges ahead, but were left to wait for almost 20 minutes.

Microphone to defend Mette Yvonne Larsen was never in order, but the court nevertheless chose to continue. The problems may be due to a reporter accidentally knocked over two water carafes on defense bench right end yesterday.
2 days ago
Defender starts quietly
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen starts by saying that she understands it's difficult, and that she will be tough on her. She notes, however, that the defender has a different role, and points out that the prosecution is on her side, while they should support Øygard.
2 days ago

Aid lawyer and 16-year-old in court today. The image is cleared in advance.
By: Geir Olsen / VG
2 days ago

Technical trouble
There are now pause right at. 13.10 because of technical trouble with your system. It did not work that defends Mette Yvonne Larsen and 16-year-old had on their microphones simultaneously.
2 days ago
- Said he could go to jail
According to 16-year-old said Rune Øygard to her that she should not tell anyone about what had happened:

- He said that if I tell this, so he was in prison, she answers questions from the prosecutor.

The victim says that she promised not to say anything to anyone, even if she was angry at him for a day. She did not want him to go to prison because he also did much good for her.
2 days ago
Did not know about Skype messages in interviews
Prosecutor Klundseter ask why not 16-year-old told the Skype messages in police interrogations. In court yesterday said the victim that she undressed in front of the webcam while Øygard provided by the mayor seat.

According to 16-year-old she would not remember anything at the start. Much of what has happened, she finds it embarrassing to talk about.

- I've started to remember more and more, she says.
2 days ago
Prosecutor nearly finished
The court is set again. Prosecutor Klundseter start by saying to the victim that he would soon be round and that the two will soon be finished.
2 days ago
Once up and running
Then all the players in court ingested some food. We are just waiting for the referees.
2 days ago
Lunch Break
The court has taken the lunch break. VGTV sends directly to the video player to the right of this page. There you interviews with the parties and summary of what has happened so far today.
2 days ago
Fears misleading representation
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen fears obvious that the players selected messages will give a distorted picture of the overall communication between them. So she wants the evidence presented in its entirety.

The judge ruled that the prosecutor will ask questions about the Skype messages he wants after the break, but that the overall documentation will be presented later.
2 days ago
The prosecutor and defense counsel irritated at each other
Now, arguing that the so-called "Skype logs" in court. Attorney Thorbjørn Klundseter want to spend 15 minutes to review these after the break, while the defender wants this to be read in its entirety in court. It is about 80 A4 pages.
2 days ago
Going through the witness list
The prosecutor now goes through the witness list, which consists of over 60 people and ask victims whether she has met each one - and how she knows them. According to 16-year-old she met a number of people in Rune ØYGARDEN network.
2 days ago
Would have children
On a direct question from the prosecutor says 16-year-old that Rune Øygard said he would divorce his wife. Attorney Klundseter further asks if Øygard said what he would do when he divorced:

- He wanted to marry me and be with me young, 16-year-old answers.

According to her Øygard said that he would wait until she was a little older. The age difference between the two is 37 years.
2 days ago
Retrieved from police
Rune Øygard defendant was picked up by police the day before Christmas last year and taken to a doctor where it was photographed during life. Police would document the girl had told about brands in the judicial examination the day before.
2 days ago
Asked to describe intimate scars
The victim was asked by the prosecutor to describe an intimate scar on ØYGARDEN body. She gave a description of these features in court.

The same intimate scars have been the subject of questioning. Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen has previously stated that she believes the description is vague.
2 days ago
Delete Routines
The prosecutor also asks 16-year-old about how often she deleted messages on mobile.

- I have deleted once in a while. There were a lot of messages on the phone and then it becomes slower and slower, she says.

The prosecutor also asks if the victim knows how often the mayor deleted messages.

- He often deleted very often, because he did not want anyone to find out that we had such good contact, says 16-year-old from the witness box.
2 days ago
Discusses with defenders
Øygard discuss with defenders and note vehemently when the alleged nude photo is the theme of justice. According to the prosecutor, it is not found traces of the image on the investigated phones.
2 days ago
Nude photo
SMS messages are left issue in court. 16-year-old says that Øygard had two phones with tviilling SIM card. One phone was owned by the municipality (HTC). The other privately owned Øygard (an older Sony Ericsson).

According to 16-year-old was taken nude photo of her with the private mobile phone in 2010, while there were only taken usual "innocent" images with "local phone". According to 16-year-old mayor should have sent the picture to her afterwards.
2 days ago
See interview on VGTV
VGTV interviewed lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal right before the day started today.
You can watch the interview here: www.vgtv.no/ #! Id = 56893
2 days ago

Thorbjørn Klundseter prosecutor in court today.
By: Geir Olsen / VG
2 days ago

This is the farm of Finn Valley where 16-year-old, according to its own statement, was given away by alcohol Øygard. There is no way up to the farm.
By: VG
2 days ago

Detailed questions
The prosecutor makes further questions about events at the school to 16-year-old and personal relationships in the family. These are not topics we refer detailed in "minute-by-minute."

We will eventually return to it, if it proves to be relevant to the criminal case.
2 days ago
Police: It happened abuses
It's probably not as easy for you to get an overview of all the different places where the 16-year-old claims she was abused. Colleague Tom Byermoen has created a graphic showing how this should have happened, according to the indictment.

See the graphic here.
2 days ago
The court set in.
The judges are back after the break and the victim takes the witness stand again.
2 days ago
Defense asks questions after the break
It was decided that defends Mette Yvonne Larsen will start to question the 16-year-old for lunch. She will spend the rest of the day. This means that the defendant Rune Øygard not testify until Thursday.
2 days ago
VGTV on air
Colleague Tor Erling Thomte Ruud reports now directly from the courtroom on VGTV. See the video player to the right of this page. Presenter Roar Dalmo Moltubak and VG's news editor Øystein Milli summarizes what has happened in court so far today.
2 days ago
Pause onwards. 10.30
When the court adjourned for the break before lunch. The right to be left at. 10.30.
2 days ago
What happens next?
Many of you are wondering timetable for trial. Today 16-year-old complete his explanation. After the prosecutor Klundseter is finished, defense counsel and judges have the opportunity to ask questions. Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen will probably spend a long time on her.

When 16-year-old finished in the witness box, the accused shall Rune Øygard start their explanation. He denies guilt and the court will have served a very different story.

You can see what happens from day-to-day here.
2 days ago

Frustrated Øygard will backfire
Rune Øygard shook his head when the girl testified in court - clearly exasperated with her explanation.
Read more
2 days ago

Rune ØYGARDEN defenders Mette Yvonne Larsen in the courtroom.
By: Photograph HELGE MIKALSEN / VG
2 days ago

Could not allowed to stay overnight with her boyfriend
16-year-old was not allowed to stay with her new boyfriend. The parents thought they had been together for a short time. Girlfriend wanted, however, that she was more with him.

The prosecutor presented a text message that was sent after 16-year-old had told his parents the story of abuses of the mayor - in September last year.

"Then you come and stay overnight?"

"I do not know. They will report him now, and they will call the emergency phone. But hope »
2 days ago
New SMS
Prosecutor Klundseter indicates a new message that is sent from the 16-year old to the new peer girlfriend, who wished she opened up to him.

"Sorry, but I hope you understand me when it's as serious as it is. There is no one in the world knows it, and I do not want anybody to know it either. I really hope you accept it "
2 days ago
Message from Øygard
The girl asks about text messages she has received from the peer his girlfriend, and she refers to a message she received from Øygard Sunday after she refused to join the dinner Vågå together with the Prime Minister. VG has written message:

"... It's only you who can tell me what is behind the phone from your mother. I have always tried to be there for you. And you have given me and Reidun much back. Thought it would be more homework, talks, concerts ahead. Me I do not know what has happened. If you answer no to this, leeks I do not answer. To remain Burt from you, means may also phone, sms Olympics. But it has been incredibly good to have received a phone chat to get answers. "

2 days ago
 Reader: Is it possible to read about Day 1 in court somewhere?
2 days ago

Answer: Yes, here:
http://direkte.vg.no/studio/ordforersaken-dag1

SMS
Prosecutor Klundseter have begun to refer to SMS messages that police have secured the case. It deals with messages between the victim 16-year-old and her peers boyfriend.

The messages indicate that the relationship between the mayor and 16-year-old was the subject between the two. Girlfriend meant contact with the mayor ruined their relationship.
2 days ago
Told the story
The day after the aforementioned confrontation with the mayor she confided to the same age girlfriend. He again warned his mother.

- I cried, and I managed to finally announce that I and Rune had had sexual intercourse, and that in a way we've been together.

- I had to explain to him who was Rune. When he learned that it was an adult over 50 years, so he broke down and cried. But he said he came to support me all the way, the girl said in court yesterday.

Today, the prosecutor asked about many details from the same incident. 16-year-old gives evidence consistent with yesterday.
2 days ago
The row
Just days before Øygard was reported, in September last year, had the girl and the mayor probably a huge argument, according to her explanation. The reason must have been that the girl had gone to visit her next boyfriend, without notice. Then she would take the bus home to Øygard turned up, and there was a confrontation between the two.

- I had not picked up the phone, and he had called me many times and sent messages. Then he came running in front of the bus, opened the door and asked me to put me into the car, the girl testified in court yesterday.

- He was very angry and said he would never see me again.
2 days ago
Told it to her mother
16-year-old recounting Now the story of what happened prior to that she told her story to her mother boyfriend in September. She was with her boyfriend and both cried when they were picked up by her boyfriend's mother. She wanted to know what was wrong.

- It took a long time before I dared to tell what had happened, said 16-year-old.

It was the first time she told an adult about the abuse she claims to have suffered.
2 days ago
Dark Redd
16-year-old confirmed that she is afraid of the dark.

- Could there be a reason that you have been in the same room, ask Klundseter.

- No, I have been in private rooms before. There is no problem, she says.

The reason for the prosecutor's question is probably that the defendant Øygard has explained in interviews that they shared a room, because the 16-year-old was afraid of the dark.
2 days ago
Leading questions
There is a brief discussion of leading questions in court. Prosecutor Klundseter warns that he is going to ask a leading question about whether victims are "afraid of the dark." It allows the defender Mette Yvonne Larsen takes the floor and says she thinks the questions have been leading for a period of time.

It should be open - not leading questions in Norwegian law.
2 days ago
Abstinence Male
Mette Yvonne Larsen has previously stated that the VG girl's statement about serving alcohol falls on its own weight, as Rune Øygard are a teetotaler.
2 days ago
- Got served alcohol
16-year-old says she got served Bailey's and whiskey of Øygard in 2011. She was then 15 years old and was the mayor of a seat in Finn Valley. Setra owned by ØYGARDEN brother.

- I remember I went down the hall and had to get out and vomit. I lay in bed afterwards and do not remember any more. The next day there was vomit all over the hair and the bed, she questions from the prosecutor Klundseter.

The answer leads to hectic activity on the defense bench. It is clear that Øygard not agree with this presentation.
2 days ago
This is the charge
Vågå mayor Rune Øygard (53) from Labor is charged with sexual intercourse with an underage girl. The repeated sexual abuse allegedly occurred over a two year period from 2009 - 2011, when the girl was between 13 and 15 years.

According to the indictment crimes have started in the school's fall break 2009, the cabin of the defendant. Furthermore, they have taken home Øygard in Lom, on both cabins and on his travels to Molde, Larvik and Oslo.

Øygard denying guilt.
2 days ago
The parents are not present
The parents of 16-year-old is not in court today. Although they will testify later in the trial, the Act that they may be present as guardians of victims. Prosecutor Klundseter tells VG that 16-year old did not want them to sit in court and listen to her. It would make it even harder to tell what has happened.

Although they are not inside the courtroom, both parents and girlfriend into the courthouse.
2 days ago
Oslo tours
The prosecutor asked the girl about the many trips she has been with Rune Øygard. The girl and the mayor stayed several times at Bondeheimen in Oslo. An employee at the hotel to testify later in the case.
2 days ago
Specialty Lodging
Attorney Thorbjørn Klundseter start the day today to ask 16-year-old about the trips she has had with Vågå mayor Rune Øygard. He asks, among other things, who they met and what they have done. He is concerned with data that shows that these trips have taken place.
2 days ago
Victims
Some people wonder why we refer to the 16-year-old girl who forærmede. This is the legal term for one who is a victim of a criminal act. The girl is thus the aggrieved party in this case.
2 days ago
- Tough day yesterday
The girl's lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal have been present at the courthouse in Lillehammer side just past 8:00, and made a series of interviews including VG, TV2 and NRK.

She stated that the girl even though she had a tough day today, relieved to be in time to tell his story. 16-year-old is still determined to follow the case from the court over the next four weeks.
2 days ago
Back in the witness box
The officers pull out the chair in the witness box and the 16-year-old takes place.
2 days ago
The court set
When traveling we us all up to the judges arrive. The court is set on day 2
2 days ago
Fully in court
All places belong in court was filled up when the court opened today. More stood in line outside the courthouse following the day 2 of the trial. Many of the audience is on the victim's age.
2 days ago
The defenders arrive right
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen has arrived right. She sorts binders in front of him and puts it on his black robe.
2 days ago
This happens nowadays
Much of the day yesterday went to the victim's so-called "clear explanation". This means that 16-year-old did talk freely about what she thinks may have happened. She told her story in chronological order. Along the way she received questions from Attorney General Thorbjørn Klundseter who believe in the story.

Today she will be asked questions from defense counsel bench. When will the tone be more confrontational. Mayor Øygard believe 16-year-old is not telling the truth, and this must be the defenders try to show the judges. It will be a challenging role for Mette Yvonne Larsen. She is going to have to ask tough questions of the 16-year-old, yet a tone that allows the court does not consider that the defender unfair.
2 days ago
16-year-old in place
The victim girl is in place in the courthouse accompanied by lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal. She is currently continuing his testimony, among other things, she will get questions from defense Mette Yvonne Larsen.
2 days ago

Frustrated Øygard will backfire
Rune Øygard shook his head when the girl testified in court - clearly exasperated with her explanation.
Read more
2 days ago
Good morning
When it is almost ready for day 2 of the trial of mayors Rune Øygard (Ap). The court is set at 09.00. The doors to the courthouse opened later in the day, so VGTV working hard to put in place all the equipment to broadcast. I assume they are going as planned.

Back to top Go down

Day 3 of trail - continuing Mayor statement

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 8:33

Also this read from the bottom and up... ( today is day 4 of trial, I wrote day 3 in my second post in this thread, that is supposed to be day 4)

Ends
We are giving us here from the courthouse in Lillehammer. We are back with a new transmission VGTV and ongoing updates at. 8:30 in the morning. The court set a half hour later.
about 18 hours ago
 Trond: What happens in court tomorrow?
about 18 hours ago

Answer: When the accused shall explain further. He will be asked questions from his own defender and counsel. After that first witness in the matter which is the mayor's wife, Reidun.

- Discontinuous
Colleague Synnøve Åsebø just spoke with assistance attorney Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal in the courtroom. Braathen Hjortdal says she believes the testimony of the defendant "not hanging quite add up."

- There is much that seems disjointed to me, she says to VG.

She also reacts to the introduction to the mayor where he received a long talk with rich pre-written notes.

- I have not experienced that it is accepted to the extent that the earlier someone gets a speech, says counsel.
about 18 hours ago
Follow broadcast VGTV
There are now summaries and interviews with the players on VGTV. Transmission is already underway and defender Mette Yvonne Iversen interviewed in the courtroom now. Follow broadcast the video player to the right of this page.
about 18 hours ago
The court adjourned for the day
The judge has adjourned court for the day. The right to be left in the morning at. 09.00
about 18 hours ago
- Why you bore her down?
Prosecutor asks why not Øygard bar girl down to the car if he was so scared and says that he is "a stout man." The defendant responds that it is rough terrain.
about 18 hours ago
Speaking about the incident in which 16-year-old threw up
The prosecutor will now come into the episode where the victim and the 16-year-old was together in a pasture. The latter was sick and threw up. According to 16-year-old legend was due to the fact that she was given away with alcohol; Baileys and Whisky.

This rejects Øygard.

- Whether it was food poisoning or whatever it was, I do not know, but the day after she was fully recovered, said defendant.

- She was real sick. It was simply uncanny. I was scared. There was no cellular connection or by car seater. Nor were the people on the other seaters, explains Øygard.

He points out that he is a teetotaler and that it is not pleasant to be mixed down that kind of stories.
about 18 hours ago
- Writing technical thing
- What is the reason that you say a meeting with Color Line was abandoned in the questioning, asking prosecutor Klundseter.

He is not satisfied with the answers that Øygard provides.

- There is a write technical thing in the interrogation. The aim and intention was, responds mayor.
about 18 hours ago
- Agreed not meet
In interviews in December Øygard said that he would meet with Color Line, but it was canceled. Now he said that he should not have any meeting with Ferry at all.

Attorney pushes him much on this. Øygard says he meets his book, so he did not remember the details. Meeting book is seized by police.
about 18 hours ago
Discusses Color Line meeting
In questioning the Øygard told that he traveled to Larvik to meet a representative of the Color Line, but it was canceled. Color Line has denied that it was agreed in a meeting.

According Øygard he did not deal with the Color Line Director Helge Otto Mathisen in advance, but called the switchboard to the Ferry on the way down.

- Did you have scheduled a meeting during your time, ask the prosecutor.

Øygard says that he spent several years as mayor have not had a holiday in all.

- There are no holidays where I have not had a meeting, said Øygard.
about 18 hours ago
Controversial Trip
Øygard In a police interview claimed that he had a meeting with a representative of the Color Line on this trip, but prosecutors believe that this was invented in the pretext of taking the girl on spa resort.

Øygard claims this was his holiday, but he has provided travel expenses to Lom Municipality for the trip.
about 18 hours ago
Farris bathroom is the topic again
Farris Bad remaining issue in court. Previously, it is known that 16-year-old initially did not want to join the spa bath in the hotel Farris Larvik. She would rather camping with his friends. But finally managed Øygard to persuade her to join.

- It's the most wonderful fictional story starts Øygard.
about 18 hours ago
- Scratched and massaged
- Have you done anything other than just talk, ask Attorney Klundseter.

- Yes, the bathroom sparkling. She wanted me to scratch her match Øygard.
about 19 hours ago
- Slept in the same bed
- We put ourselves in the same bed, but each had our quilt, tells Øygard facing public prosecutor.

He explains that they had double beds in the hotels they stayed at.

- No one around me has reacted to this. There have also been converted, he claims.
about 19 hours ago
- Booked two rooms
Øygard tell him on the first trip to Oslo booked two rooms at Bondeheimen and gave a message that one should be paid privately. According defendants were aggrieved hysterical and would not be in the room alone.

He claims he knows that the girl told her parents that they shared a room.
about 19 hours ago
Laughter in the courtroom
Øygard prosecutor asks if he understands a particular word in his dialect. Dialogue causes laughter among some part of the bench.

The victim 16-year-old turns and looks straight at those who laugh in the audience. It is clear that she does not seem laughter was appropriate in the severe case.
about 19 hours ago
Ask about all trips
The prosecutor said that Øygard not said much about the trips he has with 16-year-old.

The defendant explained that he still has not gotten back to meet their books from the police. He is told to simply explain what he remembers from the prosecutor.
about 19 hours ago
"Shall I health Jens from you?"
The prosecutor also read a text message that was sent by Øygard from Vianvang:

"Shall I health Jens from you? You were sitting next to and he would invite you and your entire class to SMK. Very fond of you. Reidun greet too. "

Reidun is the wife of Øygard.
about 19 hours ago

Refused to join the mayor at dinner with Stoltenberg
VÅGÅ (AP) The parents of the girl suspected something was wrong when she would not join the mayor at dinner with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.
Read more
about 19 hours ago
New SMS
The prosecutor reads out a message:

"I'm not Hoga to lie in the night" - which means "I will not stay the night."

The message was sent in connection with an event at Vianvang where 16-year-old would not be included. There should Øygard attend a dinner, including Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.
about 19 hours ago
How he explains the
Øygard explains the message as follows:

- It says that it has been announced that she will be the start of Vianvang, but I love her anyway, saying defendants.

Prosecutor responds to the legend, but is interrupted by Øygard.

- That said, I much ... It is part of our jargon. You may want to trim it, but you will hear a lot.
about 19 hours ago
SMS
The prosecutor reads out an SMS in court, sent from the defendant to the victim, and requesting ØYGARDEN explanation:

"I have certainly done what you asked me, and I've forecasts Organiser on, there is no guarantee you will be involved from the start, because I love you and only you."
about 19 hours ago
Would have returned gifts
Øygard also testified that he asked to return the gifts for this event, which prosecutor commented that had to be an overreaction.
about 19 hours ago
The coach
The coach is central to the trial and a recurring theme. This is the story about the bus ride:

Just days before Øygard was reported, in September last year, had the girl and the mayor probably a huge argument, according to her explanation. The reason must have been that the girl had gone to visit her next boyfriend, without notice.

Then she would take the bus home to Øygard turned up, and there was a confrontation between the two.

- I had not picked up the phone, and he had called me many times and sent messages. Then he came running in front of the bus, opened the door and asked me to put me into the car, the girl said.

- He was very angry and said he would never see me again.

16-year-old told the court how Øygard asked to return a necklace, a pair of expensive earrings and an archipelago of cards which she had at leisure, with 30 000 on. The day after she confided to the same age boy. He again warned his mother.
about 19 hours ago
Ask about the quarrel by bus
The prosecutor will present a series of questions about the dispute that arose between the mayor and 16-year-old just before the review. According to the mayor due to the fact that they feared the 16-year-old lied and said she would stay with the couple, but actually slept with her boyfriend.

- If you fear it, it would not have been appropriate to notify her parents, ask the prosecutor.

According Øygard he did not touch, because the suspicion was not strong. It also turned out that the 16-year-old took the night bus home and not staying at the same age girlfriend.
about 19 hours ago
Suggests rettsdag onwards. 15.30
It is initially a little discussion about the schedule. Prosecutor warns that he has many questions left to Øygard. It is decided that today we should hold on to at. 15.30. It is not certain that the court finishes with the defendant and that Øygard got back in the box in the morning.

The defense will ask questions after the prosecutor, but according to Larsen does not have the many questions.
about 19 hours ago
The court set in.
All rise in the auditorium of the judges arrive.

- Thanks, said court administrator and everyone sits down.

Here we go again.
about 19 hours ago
VGTV send direct
Follow VGTV broadcast directly from the courthouse at Lillehammer in the video player to the right of this page. There you recap and interview with counsel.

They have started sending now.
about 20 hours ago
Pause
There are now pause right at. 14.10
about 20 hours ago
- Nothing concrete
Øygard rejected time and again that it is due to something in the relationship between him and the plaintiff. He claims there was a general warning of principle.

- You are on the wrong track, say Øygard sharp.

The tone is tougher between prosecutor and defendant now.
about 20 hours ago
- Watch out so she is not in love
He explains that a female acquaintance of him to have warned, "Watch out, she is not in love with you." According Øygard she even had children.

The prosecutor is interested in the statement and must push Vågå mayor to get him to answer why this friend felt it necessary to make such a warning.
about 20 hours ago
Other aback
He explains that there were people who reacted to the close contacts.

- Many were surprised that we had such open dialogue, says Øygard.

The prosecutor makes more questions about that Øygard claims that he and 16-year-old had a kind of "tribal language". It seems that the questions irritates mayor. After a series of questions reveals that they had a familiar tone in between.

- People could not believe it was our daughter, he said.
about 20 hours ago
The relationship between the couple
Øygard has gone a long way in producing that which he and his wife Reidun have as much contact with the victim. The prosecutor makes more questions about this, because 16-year-old testified that she almost exclusively relate to the mayor.

- She confided to me probably more than Reidun, because we talked more. We were even more alone together, says Øygard the question from the prosecutor.
about 20 hours ago
- Trouble with the Truth
Mayor Rune Øygard has a number of times during his testimony in court claimed that the victim has difficulty dealing with the truth. The prosecutor makes more questions about this to clarify what he means.

- She tells untruths that we know can not be correct. It often went to things that were not serious, he explains.

- You say she had a problem with sticking to the truth, ask the attorney general Thorbjorn Klundseter.

- Yes, she had almost all the time. Also, until recently, he replies.

- It was charming untruths that had no impact, but which we knew could not vote, he adds.
about 20 hours ago
- Reidun as good
Rune Øygard believes his wife Reidun had as much impact on the victim was "straighter in the back" after having spent time with them. According to him, the only thing that separated them he could give aggrieved experiences in connection with the duties he had as mayor.
about 20 hours ago
- Safer with us
The defendant argues that the victim Øygard was safer with them and more confident.
about 20 hours ago
Gazing out at the mayor
16-year-old looking very occasionally onto the mayor when he speaks. Otherwise, she looks down at the table, preferably at an angle to avoid the gaze of Øygard. Sometimes she notes.

She sits back in her chair. Twirl your hair a bit between your fingers. She looks very sad but not crying.
about 20 hours ago
Ask your Facebook profile
The prosecutor also comes in on the first contact between the victim and the mayor that revolved around a Facebook profile.

- She had noticed that I had a Facebook profile, something other mayors had, explaining Øygard.

According to the mayor was the victim who suggested that she should be "consultant" in connection with his Facebook profile. She was 13 years old.

- I was skeptical. This is advanced stuff, but she managed to shine, says Øygard.
about 20 hours ago
Clear explanation of
Prosecutor Thorbjørn Klundseter has now taken over by asking questions after Øygard finish his free explanation.
about 20 hours ago
So I do not questioning
The mayor says he is very skeptical as police agency in this case. He refers to the story of a tape recorder that stood and walked in the interrogation room, while he and the defender had a conversation. He responds that the police initially would not erase the recording.

He explains this as the reason that he stopped going to the police questioning. He also claims that there have been many leaks from police to the media on the matter.
about 20 hours ago
- Excellent shock
He explains about the incident where he was arrested by police at the office.

- The police came to arrest me for something. They did not know what it was, but said it had links to NN (victim), says the mayor.

- It turned out to be the indictment was a human shock and a surprise, and I hope the court reaches in an objective manner, he continued.
about 20 hours ago
- Parents border
The girl would not get off the bus at the agreed location to join the dinner, tells Øygard. He he ran after the bus and called her many times. The girl got off the bus with his girlfriend.

He said he called the girl's mother and told this and that she wanted him to get the girl.

- Exactly where did parents limit and it would not do, says Øygard.

about 20 hours ago
So I followed the bus
Øygard explains that the reason he followed the girl sat on the bus when she would not be with the Prime Minister at the dinner Vianvang was that he was concerned for her. He says she tried to hide from her parents that she really was with her boyfriend, and he therefore contacted the parents.
about 20 hours ago
Showing few reactions
16-year-old is absolutely quiet and listen to the mayor's explanation. She sat back in his chair and looks out into the air in front of him.
about 20 hours ago
Thought everything was good
- The week before the mother Reviewed me she was with me on the Monday rally. I know that when she expressed something other than that she was fine with us, says Øygard.

According to the girl's statement, however, this evening the last attack took place.
about 21 hours ago
Frequent contact
As VG previously discussed, the police have investigated the communication between the two. It shows that there are 10,000 so-called points of contact between the mayor and 16-year-old in the course of three months. Both the messages and they have been counted as both sent and received.

This means that it has been sent in under 50 on average each day.
It's all about phone calls, sms and mms.

- I do not think it was a day that we talked together, says Øygard in court.
about 21 hours ago
Explains about contact
ØYGARDEN explanation is in stark contrast to the version of the 16-year-old girl has made in court.

While the girl claims that it was Øygard who were most insistent on phone and sms, Øygard claim that it was the opposite and that he repeatedly failed to answer the phone because he thought it was too much.
about 21 hours ago
Noting
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen notes much on the Mac client's explanation. She sits next to attorney Martin Eiebakke. Together they aim to get the mayor acquitted.
about 21 hours ago
The girl looks down
16-year-old sits and draws on a block while the Mayor explains about the events in which she has made contact. She leaned her head on his arm and looking down. She shows few reactions to what is being said.
about 21 hours ago
The indictment

Øygard denying guilt.
about 21 hours ago
The court set in.
Øygard has again taken the witness stand and continue where he had to retire before the break
about 21 hours ago
The court set again soon
The victim 16-year-old also has this time gone early in the courts to avoid offending the mayor in the hallway outside. She's right there with counsel. It starts to fill up with journalists and audiences who return after lunch.
about 21 hours ago
Comment from defending the break
- We believe the court in any case see a mayor who is sincere and who want to be honest in his presentation, said ØYGARDEN defender, Mette Yvonne Larsen, VG.
about 22 hours ago

Girl (16): Many people who have turned their back on me
LILLEHAMMER (AP) Relationship to other pupils must have been difficult and false rumors should have gone to the village.
Read more
about 22 hours ago
VGTV send direct
At halftime send VGTV directly from the courthouse. You can follow the broadcast of the video player to the right of this page. There you will include interviews with players and summary of what has happened.
about 22 hours ago
The court adjourned for lunch break
Judges understand the need for a break. There will be lunch now. The right to be left at. 12.35.
about 22 hours ago
Starting to cry
The defendant Rune Øygard crashing. He trembles strongly on the right hand, while he tries to get plastic mug with water. Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen breaks in and asks if he needs a break:

- Yes, I think so, he said.
about 22 hours ago
Gave her credit
16-year-old has previously testified in court that Øygard gave her a credit card with a limit of 30,000 dollars. Mayor confirms this.

- She got a credit card which she borrowed under certain assumptions, explains Øygard.

The girl should be allowed to spend the money on ice and food, and she could treat the girlfriend, he claims.
about 22 hours ago
- I bought clothes
The mayor says he bought clothes for her so that she would feel the same value as the others.

- Many aback when I said things about her in the presence of others. They think we kidding too much, says Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
Understand that anyone could misforså
- For those who have not followed the companionship between us from the start, there are things here that might be misunderstood, said Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
- Will not be judged
- Skype exceeded a limit that I'm ashamed afterwards. I would put a stop to it, saying Øygard.

He rejects certain that he performed sexual abuse.

- I would not be judged, I will not be put in jail for something I have not done, he said, looking straight at the judges.
about 22 hours ago
Skype messages
Later in the trial the prosecution will present 80 A4 pages of printing messages from the chat service Skype.

- There are things that can be interpreted in a way that I could keep me for good, says Øygard front of the judges.

Vågå mayor places much of the blame on the 16-year-old for the messages was so.

- I let me drive with when she started to challenge me in a language that certainly can be construed as sexual, he claims.

- I should have said no, this is not consent. This type of communication is not common between a young girl and a grown man.

The court has not yet to the content of their messages.
about 22 hours ago
Talking about his wife
The mayor constantly refer to his wife Reidun and describes that they have taken care of the victims together. 16-year-old has explained that it was mainly Rune Øygard she had contact with.
about 22 hours ago
Proceedings
The mayor explained that the 16-year-old was involved in many meetings because they wanted to establish the country's best primary school in Lom.

- In this connection, there were many "innsalgsmøter" in Oslo, says Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
Awarded restaurant visits
According to the mayor, he took the victim at the restaurant in Oslo as a reward for that she had helped to paint the cabin on the west coast.

- There was also a kind of compensation, since she was disappointed because she was not asked in the 50 årslaget mine, even though we did not have much contact at the time, says Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
- Were safer
Rune Øygard places much of the credit for himself and his wife that the victim has gotten better at school.

- Maybe I gave her more response than I should have done. I gave her praise for the most part. Perhaps more than what she deserved, but it made her happy and she was safer. The back was straighter, claims Vågå mayor.
about 22 hours ago
Homework Reading
Rune Øygard says they mostly spent time on homework, not all meetings that have received attention during the trial so far.

- A mayor is perhaps ten meetings a day. She might have been with me for ten meetings during these three years in question, points Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
- Naive
The accused has told the mayor that he comes from a family that is characterized by warmth and people helped each other.

- I can probably perceived as naive as konfliktsky and a little too gullible. I believe the best in people, says Øygard.
about 22 hours ago
Overview
A number of different locations will be discussed during the questioning of the defendant. You can get an overview through this graphic: See here.
These are the sites that are disclosed by the prosecution indictment.
about 22 hours ago
Entwine pen
16-year-old sitting and twisting pen, and looking out into the air as the mayor describes her family. Sometimes she looks down and note some points. She looks touched out.
about 22 hours ago
Asked about being fosterforelde
Øygard said he and his wife are childless. However, they have good economy, great room and according to him several times to have been asked to be foster parents.
about 23 hours ago
- Father Figure
- Around it if I've been a father figure or caregiver, I do not know, but I do not think the tape may be stronger between parents and children, than there has been between her and me Reidun. And especially me, says Øygard.
about 23 hours ago
Explains Facebook story
Rune Øygard testify now if the initial contact with the victim. She was 13 years old. They would then set up a Facebook group for youths in Lom, which the mayor wanted to get in condition.

- She came to us to set up a Facebook page and she did it in an impressive manner, said Øygard.

- She's a clever girl. She has impressed me more than once, he adds.
about 23 hours ago
Prosecutor responds
Attorney Thorbjørn Klundseter interrupt and speak up. He believes Øygard sitting and reading a pre-written statement - which is not allowed under Norwegian law.

- He will not. There are notes, highlighting defender Larsen.

- He browsing points Klundseter.

The judge interrupts and says that the defendant will speak, then prosecutor to ask questions afterwards.
about 23 hours ago
- Like to hear a novel
Beginning in initial claims Rune Øygard determined that 16-year-old has lied on the witness stand over three days.

- Like everyone else who end up in such a situation it is a strange situation. When I sit and listen to this it is almost like listening to a novel, says Øygard.
about 23 hours ago
Confident
Rune Øygard appear incredibly confident. It is clear that this is a man who is used to talking in larger assemblies. He talks fast.
about 23 hours ago
- I am a leader
Rune Øygard says there have been special to hear 16-year-old legend.

about 23 hours ago
In the
The defendant is wearing a black suit and carrying a thick notebook up in the witness box. The victim 16-year-old sitting to his left. She looks down.
about 23 hours ago
The court set in.
Then it is clear to the defendant's statement.
about 23 hours ago
Canceled police interviews
There is a lot of information in the case that the defendant Rune Øygard have not explained all about. This is because at one point he no longer wants to go in the new police questioning.

- I did not expect much, but it will be interesting to hear what he says about the conditions in which he has explained earlier, says lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal.
about 23 hours ago
- Could the good
Lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal mean Larsen failed to weaken the client's explanation. She seems family circumstances and events in the school Larsen pulled out was considered irrelevant to the criminal case.

- I think my client responded so well that she was unable to make anything out of this, says Braathen Hjortdal.
about 23 hours ago
Pause
There are now pause until. 10:40. After the break, the accused shall Rune Øygard start their explanation. The victim wishes to be present.
about 23 hours ago
Øygard quiet
The defendant Rune Øygard has sat quietly at the new place through the testimony of victims. He has appeared as he did yesterday. He quoted a lot, but not smiled and shook his head so did on day 1 of the trial.
about 23 hours ago
Aid lawyer finished
Prosecutor Thorbjørn Klundseter have any follow up questions and want to read up on the interrogation he believes were misleading submitted by defense counsel.
about 23 hours ago
Many meetings
16-year-old said she has attended political meetings with Øygard at the following locations: Lom, Otta, Vang, Oslo, Trondheim, Molde and Lillehammer.

- The meetings focused on different things, but it was all about community, she says.

Aid lawyer asks if there was anyone who responded that she was involved in the meetings.

- I think not.

- Were there other young people at the meetings, ask counsel.

- No match 16-year-old.
about 23 hours ago
Were presented so
16-year-old understands that others understood that Øygard took care of her.

- That was the way it was presented, she said.
about 23 hours ago
- Love Relationship
Aid lawyer asks if the girl has seen Rune as a father figure, which she consistently denies.

- They have not been spare parents. I and Rune had a dating relationship. He was no father figure to me, she says.

The girl's parents have reacted very strongly that Øygard the media has portrayed himself as a replacement father for her, and will probably talk about this when they testify in the case.
about 23 hours ago
Claimed they lived in different rooms
The girl explained in court that she and Øygard should have complained to ØYGARDEN wife, and the girl's parents, that they stayed in the same room when they were on overnight trips together.
about 23 hours ago
Hesitated not
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen asked a series of questions about the differences in the three explanations victim has been made in the case, but 16-year-old did not hesitate in his answer in court. She also answered all questions. The defense did not seem to take her to some outright lies during questioning.

There are still disputes about a scar that 16-year-old's claim on the body of the defendant. Defense claims that two doctors have examined him without finding this scar. The prosecutor has announced more evidence about this point later in the trial.
about 24 hours ago
Reacting to media coverage
16-year-old says that it has been very tough for her that many in the community, and a number of celebrities have gone to the media and stated that they support the mayor. That they thought she lied has been difficult to tackle.

She points out the celebrity photographer Morten Krog Violence told the VG that he would be the first on Pluto if Mayor friend has done this.

- So it's clear he does not believe in me, says 16-year-old.
about 24 hours ago
Counsel role
The reason that counsel raises questions about afterwards, is that it is her role. She should concentrate on compensation issue and it is time for the abuse center.

Aid lawyer shall not act as a kind of "help prosecutor" who asks questions related to the issue of guilt.
about 24 hours ago
Questions about afterwards
16-year-old tells you about the time after the case became known. She says it is very difficult. Many have turned his back on her and it runs a lot of rumors in the village. The headmaster of the school is also a close friend of the defendant Rune Øygard.
about 24 hours ago
Larsen finished
Then Mette Yvonne Larsen finished questioning. Lawyer Braathen Hjortdal takes over and 16-year-old can twist the opposite way. With his back to Øygard.
about 24 hours ago
Proposed to bring girlfriend
According to 16-year-old should Rune Øygard have suggested that they could bring a friend (woman in the 40's) on the trip so no one would suspect what was happening. Larsen asks many questions about this and seems obvious that there appears to be a good plan.
about 24 hours ago
Sending message to the aggrieved
Larsen often begin questions with reference to witnesses and reports, and ask if 16-year-old has read them. When she says no, reacts Larsen and watching aggrieved Braathen Hjortdal on the opposite side.

- I must say it amazes me that she is not prepared for key information in the case, said the attorney.

Aid lawyer leans against prosecutor Thorbjørn Klundseter and the two little whisper among themselves.
about 24 hours ago
The apologetic
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen stressed several times that she understands it's not easy for 16-year-old to answer questions. It is much better today. She responds quickly and complementary.
about 24 hours ago
- Learned a lot
16-year-old says she has learned a lot and experienced a lot in that period she had contact with Vågå mayor Rune Øygard (Ap). Eventually it became too much. She could bear no more.

- Then I realized that it's the right thing has happened, said 16-year-old.
one day ago
Judges
There are four judges to the fore hall. District Court Judge Torunn Kvisberg's court administrator. With her two lay judges, or so-called lay judges, who do not have legal experience. They represent the people.

In addition, a third associate judge. The person following the case in the event of illness. If the two others keep themselves healthy through the whole thing, he will retire when judgment shall be entered.
one day ago
Just Cause Day 1 and 2
Here you can read what happened in court the first two days:

Day 1: The court set and District Attorney and defense counsel hold a keynote speech. The girl begins her explanation.
direkte.vg.no/studio/ordforersaken-dag1

DAY 2: The girl explains itself and breaks finally together.
direkte.vg.no/studio/ordforersaken-dag-2
one day ago
Explains the good
16-year old answer the questions without any problems today. Now she can look at Mette Yvonne Larsen without also looking at the defendant Øygard.
one day ago
Ask questions about school
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen makes 16-year-old questions about schooling and episodes that happened at school.
one day ago
Technical trouble
We've had some technical difficulties here at Lillehammer. Back online, so it will be more frequent updates.
one day ago
- It's getting better
Øygard is positive to switch places. He moves to reach the tip of the back row in the dock.

- Do you see him now, asking the judge.

- Yes, but it goes much better match 16-year-old.
one day ago
Larsen criticizes counsel
Defender Mette Yvonne Larsen gets the word and start to criticize Hjortdal because she had read in the media that the 16-year-old broke down yesterday because she had to look at Øygard.

- I'm in Lillehammer and available all the time. If that were the case we would also have found a scheme around this yesterday, said the attorney.
one day ago
Aid lawyer takes the floor
Lawyer Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal requesting that the defendant swap places in the hall, so that the victim did not see him.
one day ago
The court set
The judges come in, all travel and the right set.
one day ago
Øygard arrive at court
The defendant Rune Øygard is now in court. He looks at the injured 16-year-old. She sits and draws on a block. Do deliberately down. She does not lift his eyes even once.
one day ago
VGTV is in the air
Now send VGTV directly from the courthouse. Follow broadcast the video player to the right of this page.

There are aspects of the dramatic day yesterday and a review of what will happen today. We also try to get interviews with the participants as they arrive.
one day ago
The victim in place
16-year-old has arrived at court. She seems in good spirits. She normally comes early to the courthouse to avoid offending the defendant Rune Øygard in the corridor outside.
one day ago
Soon back with more
Yesterday ended dramatically. First, defense counsel asked Mette Yvonne Larsen that the rest of her questioning was postponed because she had problems to ask difficult questions to a crying young girl in the witness box.

Later, on the way out of court the defendant was Rune Øygard and his wife threatened by three people who had gathered to show support for the 16-year-old. The men did not recognize her from earlier. They now have a restraining order by the police and can not see outside the courthouse before the trial is finished.

There is reason to believe that uniformed police are present to ensure safety when the right set today at 09.00.

When the court set a legal aid lawyer for 16-year-old request that Øygard moves out of view to the victim. This will make it easier for her to explain herself.

Back to top Go down

Picture of Mayor and his wife

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 8:59

Mayor after court yesterday

He and his wife giving and interview a few months back when it all hit the news

Back to top Go down

Facts about this case

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 9:11

Facts about the mayor case
Rune Øygard (53)
Vågå mayor of Labor is charged with sexual intercourse with an underage girl.

The repeated sexual overgepene should have happened over a two year period from 2009 - 2011, when the girl was between 13 and 15 years.

According to the indictment crimes have started in the school's fall break 2009, the cabin of the defendant.

Furthermore, they have taken home Øygard in Lom, on both cabins and on his travels to Molde, Larvik and Oslo.

Øygard denying guilt.

Mette Yvonne Larsen (49)
The mayor's lawyer, employed by Stabell & Co..

Girl (16)
Was 13 years old when the abuse allegedly began.

She is the couple ØYGARDEN family circle. The mayor took the girl on trips, both at home and at work, where the abuse allegedly occurred.

18. September 2011 Reviewed girl's parents Øygard for sexual assault of a child under 16.

The day before the review had the girl refused to go on a dinner mayor had with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.

Nina Emilie Braathen Hjortdal (51)
The girl's lawyer.

Thorbjørn Klundseter (44)
Prosecutor in Hedmark and Oppland. The prosecutor in the criminal case against Øygard.

Action:
The trial began in South Gudbrandsdal District Court on Tuesday 9 October.

It's called 64 witnesses. The case lasts four weeks.

Back to top Go down

Quote from skype log

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 9:14

The prosecutor reads out from the call log (skype)where Øygard wrote that he thought it was stupid that he did not touch her while she appeared naked. (she sais she appered naked on webcam for him, he refuses this in court)

- Have you talked about marriage ever?

Mayor: It was a kind of nonsense talk we hadbetween us. This was the jargon we had It was just crazy.

When one is talking nonsense, we are talking nonsense. This was a typical nonsense chat,,,

The prosecutor read several quotes from skype call logs: Øygard: "Love you. WIll you be my wife?"

Yeah he is so very innocent up my ars! Sounds very normal to talk and act like that when you are 53 she is 14 and you are the mayor !

Back to top Go down

Re: Mayor vs girl 16 in court for sexual abuse

Post by Guest on 17.12.12 14:04

Just want to give a update. Today The court did find the mayor guilty in sexual relationship with the girl when she was 13 years old, he got 4 years in jail and have to pay money.

He did reject the claims and there will therefor be a new trail. But the judges in the first court round did not believe a single word the mayor said but believed the girl .

I'm so happy the girl was believed by the court :) good to see our system works even without physical evidence, and Can use some common sence...it's beyond doubt that the girl told the truth ,we all believe her :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Mayor vs girl 16 in court for sexual abuse

Post by wjk on 17.12.12 17:39

Thanks for the update Moa.

So happy for the young girl x

wjk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum