The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tory conference: George Osborne in £10bn benefit cut vow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on 08.10.12 10:29

So the Government are going ahead with cutting benefits, yet waste millions on a rail tender that was a cock up. A leveson inquiry, which they are not going to take notice of recommendations if the article I posted is correct, and so far over 3 million on the Madeleine inquiry, which so far has got us nowhere. What do you think, should peoples benefits be cut??

8 October 2012 Last updated at 09:59

By Brian Wheeler

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19865692

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory conference: George Osborne in £10bn benefit cut vow

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 08.10.12 10:47

They have said they will not tax the rich because they have saved up and bought a house.

The Tories seem to be going after the sick and disabled to get this country back on it's feet.

Some sick and disabled people have committed suicide already because they are now so poor they cannot cope with life.

The government should provide Euthanasia clinics or gas chambers to get rid of the people they don't want in society.

AskTheDogsSandra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 08.10.12 11:02

Beats me why they should expect the poorest to pay yet again.

Don't forget we already bailed out the Banks and now we have to replace the money - we will pay twice and like it!

Maybe the Tories have a "death wish" perhaps they've seen something on the horizon they don't like the look of because they won't win the next election with these policies.

Not that it matters to me as I have given up voting for "a colour" ages ago!

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.10.12 11:41

I never understood why the government[s] didn't give the money to the accountkeepers, instead of bailing out the banks and just let some of those banks go bust as an example for the others ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 11:49

At the same time it cannot be right for Hamza's wife to continue to live on benefits in a large house when only 2 of their 8 children are no longer there. It cannot be right for a person going to work either for a wage, or volunteering for Charity work, to see a neighbour taking more in benefit by staying at home, merely by virtue of the number of children they have.
There is already a statutory minimum wage. Why not peg benefits slightly lower than that.
Work and you are guaranteed X.
Do no work and you will be assisted by State Charity (for that is what it is, paid by the rest of us, working or pensioners. We pay tax too.) to the extent of 3/4 X. And no more.
Obviously disability and so on fall outside this rule

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.12 14:03

@PeterMac wrote:At the same time it cannot be right for Hamza's wife to continue to live on benefits in a large house when only 2 of their 8 children are no longer there. It cannot be right for a person going to work either for a wage, or volunteering for Charity work, to see a neighbour taking more in benefit by staying at home, merely by virtue of the number of children they have.
There is already a statutory minimum wage. Why not peg benefits slightly lower than that.
Work and you are guaranteed X.
Do no work and you will be assisted by State Charity (for that is what it is, paid by the rest of us, working or pensioners. We pay tax too.) to the extent of 3/4 X. And no more.
Obviously disability and so on fall outside this rule

Didn`t there used to be National Assistance?

I don`t know if it still happens, but those in prison or in mental hospitals used to have to work - our local mental hospital was almost totally self sufficient at one time and the patients were usefully occupied. For those that are able surely they could be manufacturing goods in return for food, clothing and housing vouchers.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 14:56

The Unions do not like prisoners doing work. Seriously !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.12 16:13

@PeterMac wrote:The Unions do not like prisoners doing work. Seriously !

ofgs - how ridiculous can that be. Besides anything else, its therapeutic. Are you saying that people in prison don`t do any work these days?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 16:52

@Woofer wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:The Unions do not like prisoners doing work. Seriously !
ofgs - how ridiculous can that be. Besides anything else, its therapeutic. Are you saying that people in prison don`t do any work these days?
Not much. This was Ken Clarke last year "Prisoners should carry out work while in jail as part of the process of tackling the growing "feral underclass", Justice Secretary Ken Clarke said today. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ken-clarke-prisoners-must-work-in-jail-2365443.html
In his speech to the Conservative Party conference, Mr Clarke said jails should be "places of retribution but also places of reform".
Mr Clarke said he was "dramatically" expanding the working prisons programme and welcomed the support of eight major companies, including Virgin and Marks & Spencer."

At Lowdham Grange the M&S work involved sorting out the coat hangers - the ones they chuck in a bin if you don't take them with the garment you have just bought. And another lot were making nets for football pitches. Later in that article he talks about metalwork ( really ! Metal work in a prison !). But the Unions are, for obvious reasons dead set against actual manufacturing of anything, and would demand the minimum wage or Union rates and so on. It is too difficult to deal with.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on 08.10.12 17:37

Cuts, cuts, cuts.

I agree with cuts if it is for the right reasons, and the saved money, then well spent.

But as long as pensioners freeze or starve to death due to goverment cuts, children go to school with empty stomachs, disabled people having to go through a travesty of assessments, only to have the money then spent on vanity projects like HS2 and airports in the Thames estuary, or on fighting other people's wars based on lies.....no, as long as these things haven't been put right, I don't agree with cuts in welfare-spending.

Rather than implementing more and more taxes onto people, the goverment should re-industrialize Britain.
In the 70's the favourite slogan of middle class activists was "Industrialize the third world!!" At the same time Britain got rid of most of its industries and years later sold the "hardware"(railway lines, energy supplies, you name it) to foreign companies/countries.
The (foreign) operators of the Dartford Tunnel, both Severn bridges, railway lines(I am not talking about Branson for whom I have a great deal of respect) and quite a few other major sources of income(latest being the G4 highspeed internet), are taking the mickey out of the people, earning themselves silly.

Battersea power station sold to the Malaysians, half of London bought up by the Kuwaitis, iconic British cars in the hands of the Germans?
Sorry, WRONG!

I would cut VAT on all REAL British products, invented, constructed AND BUILT in the UK.
How about:
Buy an OPEL Zafira and pay 20%VAT, buy a Vauxhall Zafira and only pay 10% VAT.(I know in the end the money will be cashed in by GM, anyway)
Similar with other British products.

Johnson keeps bragging on about the great British banking industry. It's not great and not productive.
Where is the point in building "affordable homes" when they are anything but affordable and can be an utter trap if you don't really understand what you get yourself into(if you're granted your mortgage by the bank in the first place).

If there is one sentence that makes me feel sick it's "kick-start the economy". You don't kick-start if you have no concept of how to operate the engine after the kick-start and keep it going.

I do agree with tax cuts for "the rich", IF they agree to produce in Britain. Exclusively!

The bottom line,though, is to stop wasting money on unnecessary wars which I see as kind of vanity projects as well.

When Cameron started as PM he could have been a great PM in my eyes. But IMO he gave this opportunity away by not getting the troops back and invest in real hands-on production in Britain.

Oh well, this winter another 25000 elderly will vanish. Another lot of money saved. Isn't saving money easy?

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.12 22:53

Well Jule - I wish I had your political mind - you should be in politics ! Everything you say makes sense to me - now why can`t the Eton boys think of that? Seems so obvious what you suggest to encourage British manufacturing. I don`t think any of us agree with benefit cuts for those genuinely in need, but what is supposed to be done with the fraudsters who manipulate the system, and the single mothers and families who produce baby after baby. As usual the fraudster few spoil it for everyone.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on 08.10.12 23:54

@Woofer wrote:Well Jule - I wish I had your political mind - you should be in politics ! Everything you say makes sense to me - now why can`t the Eton boys think of that? Seems so obvious what you suggest to encourage British manufacturing. I don`t think any of us agree with benefit cuts for those genuinely in need, but what is supposed to be done with the fraudsters who manipulate the system, and the single mothers and families who produce baby after baby. As usual the fraudster few spoil it for everyone.

Actually, no fraudster will ever waste more money than the goverment themselves.
Manufacturing things is the key for exporting things. You can only export what you've got.

Looking at the finances Britain could be far better off than Germany if only:
- they revived their industries
-stopped spending money on wars.

I do have my problems with foreign aid. No, I don't. If the own people are all being well cared for and looked after.
But according to a report I heard on LBC last week foreign aid goes for example into projects like a fun park in Morocco....
Words fail me.....

Going back to Germany and their economy:
I feel Merkel has taken a wrong turn. To her this Euro business has become a personal vanity project. The Euro will fail. She will definitely not be re-elected. I have always been a conservative voter,i.e. CDU, but next year I will go for Steinbrück. He has the capabilities to cut through this Euro mess. And believe you me, we Germans didn't want the Euro. But we were never asked. We were told we couldn't see the whole picture.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good for Clegg

Post by Guest on 12.10.12 13:35

Well good for Clegg.............

October 2012 Last updated at 13:11

Nick Clegg rejects £10bn welfare cuts

Deputy Prime Minister has "knocked on the head" claims he supports the cutting of £10bn from benefits after the next general election.

Chancellor George Osborne this week announced a further £10bn cuts at the Conservative Party conference.

But Mr Clegg - who was reported to have agreed to the move - said wealthier people needed to pay more before benefits were cut.

He was speaking to an audience of BBC Radio Five Live listeners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19925687

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum