The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Post by aquila on 08.10.12 20:33

candyfloss wrote:Yes straight bananas and cucumbers, but what about the sprouts. All perfectly formed without a blemish. I remember in the old days, when you went to the greengrocer, the sprouts were all mishapen and had blackfly or aphids and stuff in between all the leaves. Not a sign these days, same with lettuce and cabbage. Our food must be so polluted with insecticide it makes me shudder to think what chemicals we are eating day in day out. It will probably turn out all those eating the 'healthy' diets, are the ones at risk from all sorts of cancers and diseases , and those eating the junk foods live longer

Just think of all the aphids and slugs etc (the ones our mother's missed when they cleaned the vegetables in salted water) we ate unknowingly that didn't kill our immaculate digestion system. Isn't it thrilling to have sanitised food with use-by, sell-buy dates on them! (all nicely labelled to avoid being sued). We buy gorgeously presented vegetables regulated by a committee somewhere that sit on the shelves of a supermarket. Remember the green lighting that's put on the vegetable counters to make us think we're buying healthy stuff and present the vegetables in the best possible way - that's if you can get past the smell of 'fresh bread' pumping out of a supermaket's aircon as you walk through the door. Lord forbid you want to go organic (what organic means is also covered by a committe somewhere and is indefinable). Those vegetables are on the opposite side of the general veg in the supermarket, cost a fortune by comparison and are a bit mis-shapen and with a smattering of dirt on them so we know they've been recently been pulled from the ground or plucked from a tree.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 22:48

I think it is brilliant that "Organic" usually means it is lightly covered in horse poo.
For which you pay extra. Mr

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 09.10.12 2:03

@tigger wrote:On polar bears or on climate change?

The Journal of Climate is about climate mainly but I cannot exclude the occasional mention of polar bears.

@tigger wrote:C14/C12 in the atmosphere, it's gone up and down like a yoyo for about 33000 years. When C14 dating was first introduced, the curve was continuous, until the dating started hitting snags. The calibrated curve has lots of dips and highs in it. Hard to link the dips and highs to anything concrete.

I don't see that C14 has any relevance to this discussion.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.10.12 6:31

Looking at CO2 in isolation without comparative material is imo (not just mine either) bad science.
Other forms of Carbon are plentyful and data are available.
Looking at how another variety of carbon behaves over a long period of time is extremely useful in constructing different 'models'.
Getting one's information solely from one source , such as the Journal of Climate, is taking information from a single source, which may be peer reviewed, but edited by one person and therefore supplies no opposing point of view.
Oceanography data should always be included in climate studies. At the moment it looks as if the warming of the earth will result in rapid cooling, due to the release of fresh, cold water from the Arctic which will change the behaviour of the Gulf Stream.

The opposing view to yours is that the slight temperature rises are negligible and mainly due to volcanic activity. That whilst some glaciers are melting, others are forming. That the sea levels haven't risen at all as yet and that we can expect a new ice age but it is still not understood how these come about.
In archaeology there is extensive evidence of higher temperatures - the Atlantic period - from about 5000 BC onwards until around 1500 when the climate worsened. This is based on pollen analyses.

Basically neither the climate nor the earth crust is stable, never has been.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 10.10.12 0:55

@tigger wrote:Getting one's
information solely from one source , such as the Journal of Climate,
is taking information from a single source, which may be peer reviewed,
but edited by one person and therefore supplies no opposing point of
view.

I agree. It's best to read many journals.

@tigger wrote:That the sea levels haven't
risen at all as yet.

Hmm, I thought it had risen by around 60mm in the last 60 years.

e.g Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 93 (7), S81–S84 if you are interested.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 10.10.12 8:03

People also forget that most of the Carbon in the world is in the form of sedimentary limestone. It was taken out of the atmosphere by living creatures to make their shells. Round here it is Jurassic limestone 230m - 170m years old, which also contains the red dust blown across the oceans during that very hot period, which leaches out and the limestone dissolves, and has become our Terra Rossa soil.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.10.12 8:05

I can't find the reference you gave online but I found this from the same journal which at least uses a sensible time scale:

3000 Years of Sea Level Change

William F. Tanner
Geology Department, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306

Abstract
Sea level change is generally taken to indicate climate change, and may be more nearly global than what we perceive to be climate change. Close to the beach, even a small sea level change (such as 1–3 m) produces important changes in local depositional conditions. This effect can be deduced from a study of properly selected beach deposits.

Various measures of beach-sand grain size indicate conditions of deposition. The best of these parameters is the kurtosis; it is a reliable indicator of surf-zone wave energy density. An abrupt energy-level shift, after centuries with little change, indicates sea level rise or drop. Kurtosis, within stated limits, shows this.

Beach ridge systems (successive, distinct old beach deposits) span the last several thousand years. A sequence of sand samples across such a deposit provides grain-size evidence for alternating high and low sea level. Changes were 1 to 3 m vertically, and took place at rates of about 1 ern yr−1. There were at least seven such events in the last 3000 years.

The two most recent changes were the drop and subsequent rise that marked the Little Ice Age (starting about 1200 A.D.). One cannot say, from these data, that the planet has come fully out of the Little ice Age. Predictions about what sea level will do in the near future should be based on the many small changes (1 to 3 m) in the last few thousand years, rather than on the arbitrary, fictitious, and unrealistic absolute sea level that appears to underlie various popular forecasts.
unquote

Thank you for pointing me to the journal though.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 11.10.12 0:43

@tigger wrote:I can't find the reference you gave online.

I'm not being snide or anything but, if you live near a university, you can usually get reader rights by just asking. Sometimes you have to behave a bit nicely to them though.

@tigger wrote:Thank you for pointing me to the journal though.

Graz.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAXATION WORKS. Here is the proof.

Post by PeterMac on 14.10.12 9:47

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it
The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2217286/Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-reveals-Met-Office-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 14.10.12 12:16

Funny that, the Daily Mail were reporting something different recently.

http://bit.ly/S7dfI3

Mind you, it's not a peer-reviewed respected scientific journal, is it?

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.10.12 13:04

@aspiedistra wrote:
@tigger wrote:I can't find the reference you gave online.

I'm not being snide or anything but, if you live near a university, you can usually get reader rights by just asking. Sometimes you have to behave a bit nicely to them though.

@tigger wrote:Thank you for pointing me to the journal though.

Graz.

Thank you, but I already have reading rights with several universities. I have a degree in archaeological sciences, which discipline also concerns itself with long term climate change. I also attend conferences at the Geological Society where I am a member.
Therefore imo a 'peer reviewed journal' isn't automatically the best information on the subject one may find. It very much depends on the 'peers' and onwho pays their grants and salaries. As was the case at the University of East Anglia, this influenced the results they published.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OZONE

Post by dumbo on 14.10.12 17:52

All this nonsense about global warming is simple, the main one being a hole in the ozone layer, perhaps someone could be so clever as to tell me how to put a hole in a gas?

dumbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 15.10.12 0:30

@tigger wrote:Therefore imo a 'peer reviewed journal' isn't automatically the best information on the subject one may find.

Indeed, it is far from perfect but probably still the best source and quite a bit better than the Daily Mail.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.10.12 6:43

@aspiedistra wrote:
@tigger wrote:Therefore imo a 'peer reviewed journal' isn't automatically the best information on the subject one may find.

Indeed, it is far from perfect but probably still the best source and quite a bit better than the Daily Mail.

a) I didn't quote the Daily Mail
b) the Mail simply posted the results from the Met Office
c) the persistence you display is worthy of a better cause imo. I have referred to an article in the very journal you recommended which states that there is as yet no perceptible rise in sea level.

Then there is the effect known as glacial rebound.
We're still recovering from the last ice age, the UK is still rising on the side where the ice sheets were thickest, Scotland particularly is rising still, other areas are sinking slightly due to the tilt of the UK. So measuring sea level from a moving surface is problematic to say the least.

I'm far more worried about pollution, about the many outdated and badly designed nuclear power stations which still operate. Those are clear and present dangers. The ice will be back, the sea levels will drop again, the earth will do what it's always done.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 20.10.12 13:11

@tigger wrote:a) I didn't quote the Daily Mail
c) the persistence you display is worthy of a better cause imo. I have referred to an article in the very journal you recommended which states that there is as yet no perceptible rise in sea level.

No-one said you quoted the Mail.

It depends whether you think 60mm is perceptible. It doesn't seem much, does it?

I'm hoping for controllable fusion unless someone has thought of a problem with that.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.10.12 13:21

@aspiedistra wrote:
@tigger wrote:a) I didn't quote the Daily Mail

No-one said you quoted the Mail.

It depends whether you think 60mm is perceptible. It doesn't seem much, does it?

I'm hoping for controllable fusion unless someone has thought of a problem with that.

Controllable fusion would be terrific, I haven' gone into the Tesla? technology either, but very recently petrol is being created out of air (I'm not kidding!) .
The fact is, that the energy question imo is far more important. Why aren't solar panels cheaper? They are much cheaper to produce and install by now, but the cost is still prohibitive to the private individual.
Why is there no drive to promote geothermal heating? Why are private individuals positively discouraged from installing their own energy sources?
Because there's so much money in it for the big boys and a lot of control of the population as a whole if you can cut off their gas and electricity.

The 6 cm you quoted has to be measured over an appreciable time and has to take into account the isostasis or glacial rebound which I think is very nearly the same amount per year in the UK. I'm sticking with my opinion and that of many very well qualified others that the global warming scam is just that, another way to control us and raise taxes.

E.g. the windfarms have been proved to be counter productive, the energy costs of installing them is prohibitive and by the time that cost has been paid for by the little energy they supply, they need replacing or repairing. Another scam.

By the way, if energy costs are calculated instead of money for getting food on the table it works out like this:
Hunter - gatherers: every calorie spent - returns 14 calories.
Western world: 256 calories spent for every single calorie returned. Data from 1984!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 20.10.12 18:46

tigger... I can vouch for the ice age still ongoing in Scotland.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... it's bloody freezing and only October. Think I only had about 10 decent days sitting in my little garden this year for a bit of sunshine... aaah... I miss living in the Middle East..........

now, don't anyone even start me off on the vaccination scandal/scam and the reason why the western world's health and behaviour is going down the pan .........

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 20.10.12 21:12

@Upsy Daisy wrote:tigger... I can vouch for the ice age still ongoing in Scotland.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... it's bloody freezing and only October. Think I only had about 10 decent days sitting in my little garden this year for a bit of sunshine... aaah... I miss living in the Middle East..........

now, don't anyone even start me off on the vaccination scandal/scam and the reason why the western world's health and behaviour is going down the pan .........

No, all right then, I won't, except that Vit D3 will be needed this year by the poor rain-soaked Brits, to make up for the lack of summer sunshine, which makes your your natural Vit D3 and keeps your immune system strong for the winter months. As for the vaccine scams, well, that could be a bigger cover up than Jimmy Savile will ever be.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 21.10.12 9:50

Yes Bobbin, am on the case.......I have been taking Vitamin D3 since I returned from living in the Middle East .... that and huge doses of Vitamin C in my squash every day, plus my beloved Chlorella and I am feeling happily unaffected by S.A.D.

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.10.12 10:19

@Upsy Daisy wrote:Yes Bobbin, am on the case.......I have been taking Vitamin D3 since I returned from living in the Middle East .... that and huge doses of Vitamin C in my squash every day, plus my beloved Chlorella and I am feeling happily unaffected by S.A.D.

Hi Upsy Daisy,

It's my first winter back in UK after many years of living in warmer climes. I was determined to not put on the central heating until December! until last week. It's freezing and damp. I don't think it's anything to do with climate change which I think is a hoax to make some people rich. Scientists are sponsored by big corporations so it is fair to assume their published findings are biased.

It's always a good thing to keep our environment as unpolluted as possible but you only have to look at the nonsense with bin collection in UK to know that it's a complete farce to place the onus on an individual household to bear the responsibility of disposing of the unnecessary crap the big corporations package our purchases in.

Climate change - the new religion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.10.12 10:33

@bobbin wrote:
@Upsy Daisy wrote:tigger... I can vouch for the ice age still ongoing in Scotland.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... it's bloody freezing and only October. Think I only had about 10 decent days sitting in my little garden this year for a bit of sunshine... aaah... I miss living in the Middle East..........

No, all right then, I won't, except that Vit D3 will be needed this year by the poor rain-soaked Brits, to make up for the lack of summer sunshine, which makes your your natural Vit D3 and keeps your immune system strong for the winter months. As for the vaccine scams, well, that could be a bigger cover up than Jimmy Savile will ever be.

Attagirl Upsy Daisy! D3 - vit C and hot toddies, much better for warming up. Never had a flue vaccine in my life, have to explain to the doctor here when 'called up for the latest flu vaccine' (literally, you get a letter telling you what to wear, appointment time, no box to tick 'no') I like to test my immune system. Seems to work as I'm still alive....

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.10.12 10:41

@aquila wrote:
@Upsy Daisy wrote:Yes Bobbin, am on the case.......I have been taking Vitamin D3 since I returned from living in the Middle East .... that and huge doses of Vitamin C in my squash every day, plus my beloved Chlorella and I am feeling happily unaffected by S.A.D.

Hi Upsy Daisy,

It's my first winter back in UK after many years of living in warmer climes. I was determined to not put on the central heating until December! until last week. It's freezing and damp. I don't think it's anything to do with climate change which I think is a hoax to make some people rich. Scientists are sponsored by big corporations so it is fair to assume their published findings are biased.

It's always a good thing to keep our environment as unpolluted as possible but you only have to look at the nonsense with bin collection in UK to know that it's a complete farce to place the onus on an individual household to bear the responsibility of disposing of the unnecessary crap the big corporations package our purchases in.

Some years ago, I was in the Allgau, Southern Germany, where people's rubbish bins were weighed on collection and owners paid accordingly for their clearance.
Result, lots of people were removing the wrapping of products at the supermarket checkout, leaving it there. Products started to arrive with less packaging. Don't know if it is still the case.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.10.12 10:42

@tigger wrote:
@bobbin wrote:

Attagirl Upsy Daisy! D3 - vit C and hot toddies, much better for warming up. Never had a flue vaccine in my life, have to explain to the doctor here when 'called up for the latest flu vaccine' (literally, you get a letter telling you what to wear, appointment time, no box to tick 'no') I like to test my immune system. Seems to work as I'm still alive....

Tigger, you naughty pussycat, you are not conforming to the fact you need to be pumped full of drugs to kill your immune system and make you totally dependent on the 'big picture' of healthcare. Some of us living mortals never learn....

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.10.12 10:47

@bobbin wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Hi Upsy Daisy,

Some years ago, I was in the Allgau, Southern Germany, where people's rubbish bins were weighed on collection and owners paid accordingly for their clearance.
Result, lots of people were removing the wrapping of products at the supermarket checkout, leaving it there. Products started to arrive with less packaging. Don't know if it is still the case.

That's incredible...weigh a bin...place the onus upon the consumer. I bet the corporations didn't know what to do with their excess packaging.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 21.10.12 10:58

yes Aquila... it's just plain old ' COLD ' in the UK, always has been and always will be........ what to do?

As far as the bins are concerned, yes as I wandered along the roads wondering what the hell all these little bins are I suddenly thought...how is this actually helping the 'environment'...producing more plastic binny bins to be collected by large trucks, full of fuel, being taken away to some other place using up fuel, etc. etc..... What a parlavah!!!

Tigger, yes my poor Mammy has her vaccinations regular as clockwork - she's terrified not to... I on the other hand am ready, armed and raring to go if the midwife tries to coax me to have the whooping cough virus.... I also have to have explicit 'instructions' on my birth plan (what a bizarre invention of late!!) that under no circumstances does anyone inject my newborn baby with 20,000 times the level of Vitamin K when it is just out of my womb!!! - such cruelty and totally unnecessary!!).

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum