The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.10.12 14:59

Sunday, 7 October 2012, 14:36

www.telegraph.co.uk

Christopher Booker Sunday Telegraph - 7/10/2012

Debunking climate propaganda earns you a 'fail'

Two weeks ago I described one of this year's A-level General Studies papers which asked candidates to discuss various "source materials" on climate change.

Drawn from propaganda documents wholly biased in favour of climate alarmism, these contained a plethora of scientific errors. I suggested that, if any clued-up students tore these "sources" apart as they deserved, they might have been given a "fail".

Sure enough, an email from the mother of just such a student confirmed my fears. Her son is "an excellent scientist" who got "straight As" on his other science papers, but he is also "very knowledgeable about climate change and very sceptical about man-made global warming".

His questioning of the sources earned an "E", the lowest possible score. His mother then paid £60 for his paper to be re-marked. It was judged to be "articulate, well-structured" and clearly well-informed, but again he was marked down with "E" for fail.

This young man's experience speaks volumes about the way the official global-warming religion has so corrupted our education system that it has parted company with proper scientific principles.

In his efforts to reform our dysfunctional exam system, Michael Gove should ask for this bizarre episode to be investigated.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Post by tigger on 07.10.12 15:19

O dear, considering that the Atlantic period of about 4000 to 2000 bc was warm enough to grow grapes in Scandinavia, we're still in a fairly cool period. The earth will do what it has always done - nothing we do can change much. We're waiting for the next ice age, a little blip on the temperature will probably postpone that by a hundred years or so.

It's just another religion, now pollution we don't hear much about these days, Cesium from Fukushima floating around the world, a 300 year period of increased cancers, don't hear much about that. Don't hear much about the unsafe nuclear power stations either and there are plenty.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Failure to accept wholeheartedly the global warming/man-made climate change religion will mean you will fail your A-level

Post by Guest on 07.10.12 15:24

So we're saying that pupils are penalised for not following the official story and thinking for themselves?

Hmmm, that sounds very familiar somewhere else.......

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.10.12 16:30

It has all the hall marks of "doctrine".
Remember when everything had to be bio-degradable ? Which meant "converting itself back into the two greenhouse gases - carbon dioxide and methane - as fast as it can.".
Nowadays you would be locked up for that.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.10.12 17:27

Jean wrote:So we're saying that pupils are penalised for not following the official story and thinking for themselves?

Hmmm, that sounds very familiar somewhere else....
Probably, under Stalin, pupils had to write essays on subjects like: "Explain the achievements of Stalin's 5-Year and 10-Year Plans", while under Hitler it might have been: "Discuss how the Aryan races became supreme".

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.10.12 19:28

Sorry to bring this down to base level but having moved to a house and unpacking I've spent a whole afternoon today sorting out and bagging rubbish for collection/taking to the tip by myself. You need an A level to sort out your bins in UK...a 'binology' qualification as I like to think of it. I applaud the savvy who understand the regime of which coloured bin goes out on which day and which schedule. There are bins for tins (poetry)...so when you open a can of beans you have to wash it before placing it into the bin the very kind council sent to you. There are bins for glass which you have to wash before placing into the bin the very kind council also sent to you. There are bins for paper waste. There are bins for grass cuttings which...well you get the general theme. These bins are all made of plastic! These bins are collected by a lorry which uses petrol! Apparently we're running out of water (see DM today) but we have to wash every single thing we place into the bins the very nice council send to us with the exception of paper which makes a lovely bed for rats in your garden.

Still, if you don't think this is totally the right thing to do I suppose you are not awarded a well deserved mark in your A level for having an opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.10.12 19:31

[quote Aquila]

You need an A level to sort out your bins in UK...a 'binology' qualification

Love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 07.10.12 20:10

Everything has been corrupted. Science has its place but also its limits and what it can't explain it invents a theory for. Nothing has been more corrupted than the religion of the Bible. The more I read the Bible and compare it to what many of the Churches teach the more fascinated I become.

They even removed Gods name.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.10.12 20:24

candyfloss wrote:[quote Aquila]

You need an A level to sort out your bins in UK...a 'binology' qualification

Love it.

Coming to a polytechnic university near you soon. 20 something year olds with a degree in binology. Parents will be singing 'my young man's a dustman he wears a dustman's cap'. Whoops I meant to say cape and mortar.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Let's Recycle

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.10.12 21:09

@aquila wrote:Sorry to bring this down to base level but having moved to a house and unpacking I've spent a whole afternoon today sorting out and bagging rubbish for collection/taking to the tip by myself. You need an A level to sort out your bins in UK...a 'binology' qualification as I like to think of it. I applaud the savvy who understand the regime of which coloured bin goes out on which day and which schedule. There are bins for tins (poetry)...so when you open a can of beans you have to wash it before placing it into the bin the very kind council sent to you. There are bins for glass which you have to wash before placing into the bin the very kind council also sent to you. There are bins for paper waste. There are bins for grass cuttings which...well you get the general theme. These bins are all made of plastic! These bins are collected by a lorry which uses petrol! Apparently we're running out of water (see DM today) but we have to wash every single thing we place into the bins the very nice council send to us with the exception of paper which makes a lovely bed for rats in your garden.

Still, if you don't think this is totally the right thing to do I suppose you are not awarded a well deserved mark in your A level for having an opinion.
aquila, the Scottish folk group The McCalmans have made all this a lot easier - well, if you live in Midlothian, that is, with the recycling song: 'Let's Recycle':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01x9PXN5dI

The song does get going eventually, about half way through

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.10.12 21:21

Tony,

That has made me belly laugh. Thanks.

The only thing I have to recycle is me. I've told my Son that when I die, bury me in a carboard coffin (rain permitting ha ha ha) in a green field, plant a tree on my grave and plant a few seasonal bulbs around. For all the poop I've spouted in my life there's a good chance I'll manage to grow something in death.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 08.10.12 1:27

It doesn't matter much to me if global warming is man-made or natural. The carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is rising significantly and perhaps we ought to try to stop that before we overheat.

I believe that Arctic ice levels receded to a low last month and some scientists are predicting that, during the summer months, the ice will disappear completely in not too many years time. Poor polar bear.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.10.12 6:27

@aspiedistra wrote:It doesn't matter much to me if global warming is man-made or natural. The carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is rising significantly and perhaps we ought to try to stop that before we overheat.

I believe that Arctic ice levels receded to a low last month and some scientists are predicting that, during the summer months, the ice will disappear completely in not too many years time. Poor polar bear.

You're thinking of that sad photograph with the polar bears on an ice floe? I believe that wasn't taken far from land.
Never believe what you see or hear in the press!

The papers report what they are told to report, there are few articles which clearly state the case. Some glaciers are melting, others are increasing in fact.
However clever we are, they still don't know exactly what causes the ice ages. Or know exactly why the magnetic field of the earth changes and how fast it can do so.
The main addition to CO2 is caused by volcanic eruptions, the second biggest polluters are aeroplanes. Volcanic eruptions are going on all the time, only the more spectacular ones are reported.

We are looking at things such as the hole in the ozone layer without knowing how it behaved before we looked. We need to be taxed and we need to be given a reason in our own interest to pay. Scientists are paid by governments, governments need money. It's not a conspiracy, it's economics.

The earth will do fine without or with us, as it has done for billions of years. Imo overpopulation and over consumption is a far greater problem. The next ice age should solve that problem for a start.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 08.10.12 6:36

Tigger said:

We are looking at things such as the hole in the ozone layer without knowing how it behaved before we looked. We need to be taxed and we need to be given a reason in our own interest to pay. Scientists are paid by governments, governments need money. It's not a conspiracy, it's economics.

The earth will do fine without or with us, as it has done for billions of years. Imo overpopulation and over consumption is a far greater problem. The next ice age should solve that problem for a start.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 9:19

And they never talk about Mount Erebus which throws out 1,000 tonnes of Chlorine per DAY. In the form of superheated gas which shoots straight up into the sky. CFCs in contract have a molecular weight many times that of nitrogen, oxygen and the rest of our normal air, and would never reach the upper atmosphere. They will be found down mole holes. But our wives had to sacrifice their hair sprays, and an industry developed around crunching up fridges.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 08.10.12 9:44

I agree too tigger and peter mac,its all a cash cow ,pay for an illusion amongst other things we are supposed believe . joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

it's bin day - the lighter side of going green

Post by aquila on 08.10.12 10:18

Household waste is a challenge. Bins for this that and the other. Today, in my road, THREE trucks will come to collect various rubbish. As I have typed this one of the lorries has just scoured the road for the green garden waste bins and collected two from an entire road. Not much lawn mowing been done in the last two weeks then. What the lorries can't take of my rubbish I will load into the car and take to the council tip where I have to park up and carefully make sure that I have segregated all rubbish into categories beforehand and place in the correct skip whilst being watched closely by the garbage police.

Diesel fuel (cleaner apparently) once cheaper as an incentive to 'go green', resulting in the over-inflated price of diesel cars, is now on a par with petrol prices. I can assuage my guilt at choosing a petrol car and polluting the atmosphere by taking my rubbish to the tip on the grounds that I can't afford a diesel car.

Plastic carrier bags are to be a charged for. The same carrier bags are printed all over in inks. Not printing on them would be a bit of a help surely? The packaging of goods in supermarkets is colossal which is why Mr. & Mrs. Average need so many plastic bags. Then there is the 'bag for life' a trendy invention to show everyone you care about your environment. Obviously you are going to need a lot of them for a weekly shop to cram in huge amounts of unneccessary packaging. Once you've placed your shopping into the bags, unloaded said shopping and take an hour to rip off all the packaging to fit the food into your fridge and cupboards, decide which particular council recepticle the packaging needs to go into, you're really going to have to remember to put the bags back into the boot of the car. If you're only using 'bags for life' you'll need to have bought plastic binliners for your kitchen bin. If you are going to re-use supermarket carrier bags in your effort to protect the planet you'll need to carry them around the supermarket with you on your next shop.

If you shop online for groceries a diesel glugging truck brings them to you in plastic crates containing your shopping in....plastic bags. You can then happily put all your waste into the relevant plastic bins that the nice council had made and provided you with - apart from the open weave bag for paper which you either need to put in a shed if you have one or have a soggy bag of rat nesting fodder.

Whilst selecting your shopping (in the hour or so you have/want to dedicate to that task) it is very helpful to distinguish what is chemically going to harm the planet. Whilst choosing your anti-perspirant/hairspray/toilet rolls/cleaning fluids it's good to know that you can avoid CFC's and do your bit for the planet. Of course all these things come in oversized plastic packaging covered in ink but at least you can do your little bit. If you're really clued up you can buy things with a 'green' symbol on them.

When you cook the food you have bought you must remember to resist the urge to place things in your kitchen bin - tut tut, shame on you. Wash a tin, wash a glass jar (that water doesn't count) keep the paper/tin foil/plastic seperate on your counter top so you can open your kitchen door (only do this once in winter as heat escapes from the house and you need to avoid using too much energy/resources) and place in the correct bins.

Phew, I'm learning binology.

I hope the dustman turns up today. My bins are full.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 11:11

And yesterday in the DM there was a report that Europe is preventing people from re-using jam jars, for jam
(for sale or distribution)

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.10.12 11:54

@PeterMac wrote:And yesterday in the DM there was a report that Europe is preventing people from re-using jam jars, for jam
(for sale or distribution)

The WI (Women's Institute) 'Jam and Jerusalem' will be shocked to know they are now only left with Jerusalem. I hope they make a naked protest calendar except they're going to find it a bit difficult without the jam to pad out the buns to protect their modesty. I am thrilled that the EU have intervened to show how many germs could kill us if a jam jar isn't correctly sterilised. It's a joy to know that EU rulings have concentrated so heavily on the public health issue of an epidemic of 'death by dirty jam jars'. I love the straight cucumbers and bananas (designed by EU ruling) that place themselves on the supermarket counters. I am astounded at the care and concern for what amounts to public health (don't we have employees within our country to deal with that?) that makes it all worth while to know that those clever people in the corridors of power are looking after us with the billions of money pumped into their business.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.10.12 11:59

Yes straight bananas and cucumbers, but what about the sprouts. All perfectly formed without a blemish. I remember in the old days, when you went to the greengrocer, the sprouts were all mishapen and had blackfly or aphids and stuff in between all the leaves. Not a sign these days, same with lettuce and cabbage. Our food must be so polluted with insecticide it makes me shudder to think what chemicals we are eating day in day out. It will probably turn out all those eating the 'healthy' diets, are the ones at risk from all sorts of cancers and diseases , and those eating the junk foods live longer

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 12:02

And they have entirely missed the scientific point about making jam, preserves, pickles, salted things and so on.
By preserving in those ways you raise the osmotic index higher than a bacterium can survive.
There are no bacteria in jam. Only some specialised fungi can survive, which we see as mould on the surface.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.10.12 12:36

@PeterMac wrote:And they have entirely missed the scientific point about making jam, preserves, pickles, salted things and so on.
By preserving in those ways you raise the osmotic index higher than a bacterium can survive.
There are no bacteria in jam. Only some specialised fungi can survive, which we see as mould on the surface.

My jam making days are buggered. I don't know how I managed to learn how to sterilise a baby bottle or a jam jar without the kind care of the EU. Obviously my mother knew nothing - but then again we boiled things for 20 minutes and we didn't buy products to do something simple. I have a sneaking suspicion that jam-making isn't a national interest in UK so well done EU for being so concerned. If it's ok with EU, I'd like to go to market places and take my chances on buying home-made jam/pickles.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 08.10.12 17:26

@tigger wrote:You're thinking of that sad photograph with the polar bears on an ice floe?

No, I was thinking of a refereed paper I read in the Journal of Climate.

aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.10.12 18:13

@aspiedistra wrote:
@tigger wrote:You're thinking of that sad photograph with the polar bears on an ice floe?

On polar bears or on climate change? winkwink
I'm with Lord Monckton. (see lots of youtubes - no doubt you know of him)

C14/C12 in the atmosphere, it's gone up and down like a yoyo for about 33000 years. When C14 dating was first introduced, the curve was continuous, until the dating started hitting snags. The calibrated curve has lots of dips and highs in it. Hard to link the dips and highs to anything concrete.

Imo global warming is the new acid rain, which came to nothing, (actually rain is a hazard now that Caesium 134 and 137 are merrily raining down on us).
The ozone hole is now widening again, but it's been decreasing up to that point. So we don't know what it means because we simply don't have enough data.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.10.12 19:16

@tigger wrote:
@aspiedistra wrote:

On polar bears or on climate change?
I'm with Lord Monckton. (see lots of youtubes - no doubt you know of him)

C14/C12 in the atmosphere, it's gone up and down like a yoyo for about 33000 years. When C14 dating was first introduced, the curve was continuous, until the dating started hitting snags. The calibrated curve has lots of dips and highs in it. Hard to link the dips and highs to anything concrete.

Imo global warming is the new acid rain, which came to nothing, (actually rain is a hazard now that Caesium 134 and 137 are merrily raining down on us).
The ozone hole is now widening again, but it's been decreasing up to that point. So we don't know what it means because we simply don't have enough data.

We need to raise lots of taxes to get the money to pay the men to collect the data....simples.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum