The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Theory on motive

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Theory on motive

Post by badger5149 on 05.10.12 12:22

This thread has wandered off topic. The theory presented here was that FAS being an affliction caused by a mothers excessive drinking durring pregnancy could be a possible motive for staging an abduction. Once FAS was confirmed which happens at about age 4 the mothers issues with alcohlism would become apparent and put her career in jeapordy as well as her social standings.

badger5149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 05.10.12 12:42

@badger5149 wrote:This thread has wandered off topic. The theory presented here was that FAS being an affliction caused by a mothers excessive drinking durring pregnancy could be a possible motive for staging an abduction. Once FAS was confirmed which happens at about age 4 the mothers issues with alcohlism would become apparent and put her career in jeapordy as well as her social standings.

It is possible that FAS is involved in the negligence/culpability to which I referred. I think at least some of the images of M McC are not inconsistent with FAS. K McC certainly seems to enjoy a bottle glass or two of wine. Or at least she did on that fateful holiday.
So FAS may have been a factor, but I'm not sure it adds much to the debate unless we can uncover direct medical evidence that shows M McC had FAS.

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by badger5149 on 05.10.12 12:48

@Da Troof wrote:
@badger5149 wrote:This thread has wandered off topic. The theory presented here was that FAS being an affliction caused by a mothers excessive drinking durring pregnancy could be a possible motive for staging an abduction. Once FAS was confirmed which happens at about age 4 the mothers issues with alcohlism would become apparent and put her career in jeapordy as well as her social standings.

It is possible that FAS is involved in the negligence/culpability to which I referred. I think at least some of the images of M McC are not inconsistent with FAS. K McC certainly seems to enjoy a bottle glass or two of wine. Or at least she did on that fateful holiday.
So FAS may have been a factor, but I'm not sure it adds much to the debate unless we can uncover direct medical evidence that shows M McC had FAS.

This was pretty much the point I was looking for. Is their sufficient similarity of symptoms to warrant an expert examining her files in an attempt to comfirm or debunct the presence of FAS? And If it was determined that there was a liklihood of FAS could it be considered a viable motive?

badger5149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 05.10.12 12:52

I would say:

Is their sufficient similarity of symptoms to warrant an expert examining her files in an attempt to comfirm or debunct the presence of FAS? Yes

and

And If it was determined that there was a liklihood of FAS could it be considered a viable motive? Yes

but I don't think it is very likely that any expert will examine her files. Nor do I think it would do very much more to incriminate the McC's if it was shown that M had FAS.

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by badger5149 on 05.10.12 18:12

@Da Troof wrote:I would say:

but I don't think it is very likely that any expert will examine her files. Nor do I think it would do very much more to incriminate the McC's if it was shown that M had FAS.

I tend to think you are right about this, I know when children disappear parents are the first suspects by protocal. Often a child was killed in a fit of rage and a parent decides to hide the evidence, sometimes a child is particularly difficult or for some reason a mother did not bond with a particular child. I know very little about this case or the history of the parents but have always thought of this child. I know establishing a possible motive and proving it is actually a motive are miles apart, I also realize that just having a possible motive in no way insinuates guilt of any kind. But, establishing motives seems to create some kind of sense about a situation.

badger5149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum