The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by Guest on 01.11.12 12:08

Spot the difference, the bold (mine) right at the bottom of the article................

1 November 2012 Last updated at 05:32

April Jones: Missing girl's parents' thanks for support

The community of Machynlleth has held several events in support of April Jones

The parents of missing five-year-old April Jones have thanked the public for their support, one month after their daughter was abducted near her home in Machynlleth in Powys.

Coral and Paul Jones also say they have been "overwhelmed" by the resources used in the search for their daughter.

They said they have "taken comfort knowing that people are thinking of April and us".

Mark Bridger, 46, has been charged with the abduction and murder of April.

He was arrested the day after she went missing.
The statement released by Dyfed-Powys Police said: "It is four weeks since April was taken from us, as a family we are obviously devastated and our lives have been torn apart.

"Since October 1 we have received messages, flowers and cards from across not only the UK but the world and we have taken comfort knowing that people are thinking of April and us.

"Thank you for all your kind words and sentiments."

More than £35,000 has been raised for April's Fund by the local community.

'So special'

Machynlleth has been draped in pink since April's mother launched a ribbon appeal to support the search for her.

A service for April was held at St Peter's Church in Machynlleth shortly after she went missing
An annual cultural festival went ahead in Machynlleth last weekend after organisers said they had considering cancelling.

But it proceeded after they learned April's parents wanted Eisteddfod Powys to continue.

Hundreds of people turned out to see a town clock lit up in pink to mark the third week of April's disappearance.

Mr and Mrs Jones also said: "We have taken great strength from the procession through the town to the church and the lighting up of the town clock in pink, April's favourite colour.

"With the help of our family liaison officers, local police officers and friends, we were able to participate in both events.

"We avoided media attention because we simply wanted to be part of the community without drawing attention away from the events themselves.

"Thank you to every single person who attended each event and made them so special."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20163931

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.12 9:27

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/4638415/sarah-payne-victims-families-need-more-support.html

Oh dear, I really did hope that Sara Payne would never mention the McCanns to give them credibility!

Now she is known as Dr Payne - where have I heard of one of those before?!

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.11.12 10:46

Snipped from Sun Report

Sara Payne '

When everything was happening, I simply could not think straight about anything, including answering the door, opening the mail, phoning my boss to say I would not be in to work or paying the electricity bill.

I could not bring my mouth to say the words I needed for everyday actions.'

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/4638415/sara-payne-victims-families-need-more-support.html#ixzz2BuSaS32X

Some people apparently manage to remember they ordered some groceries online.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.11.12 9:46

Any news in this case? Have they found the little girl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.11.12 9:50

No, she hasn't been found.

I'm not sure if you can access this BBC report Moa - there is nothing more recent than this, 1st November.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20171595

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.11.12 9:55

This is the latest one I could find Moa, from 4th November from Wales online......

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/11/04/april-jones-latest-family-friend-relives-night-schoolgirl-disappeared-91466-32159145/

I don't know if they are still searching or not???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.11.12 10:02

candyfloss wrote:This is the latest one I could find Moa, from 4th November from Wales online......

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/11/04/april-jones-latest-family-friend-relives-night-schoolgirl-disappeared-91466-32159145/

I don't know if they are still searching or not???

I hope they do, she must be somewhere.. Hope they find her ..TY for the update CF .

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 12.01.13 21:56

Bridger is up in court next Monday at 10.30am to enter a plea, fyi to anyone following this case.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.13 11:34

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-20955900

This is really strange - April's mother is still hoping she is alive and will come home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.13 11:42

Also this has appeared today......

13 January 2013 Last updated at 11:06

April Jones: Bicycle photo of missing girl released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-21003046

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.01.13 11:16

14 January 2013 Last updated at 11:12

April Jones: Mark Bridger denies murder at Mold Crown Court

April Jones was on her bike when she disappeared last October

A man has appeared in court to deny the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.

Mark Bridger, 47, also denies attempting to pervert the course of justice following her disappearance in Machynlleth, Powys, in October.

Dyfed-Powys Police said there are currently 16 search teams involved in the operation to find April.

April's parents Coral and Paul were at the plea and case management hearing at Mold Crown Court on Monday morning.

The defendant, of Machynlleth, also denies a charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice which refers to the unlawful disposal and concealment of a body.

Mark Bridger is due to appear at Mold Crown Court
Last week, April's mother, Coral, posted a Facebook message saying: "Come home so my heart can be fixed."

She said she missed her "like hell" and wants her back in time for her 41st birthday.

That is later this month, and is just before April's brother Harley turns 11.

April went missing while playing on her bike outside the family home on 1 October.

Her disappearance sparked one of the largest police searches in UK history.

Officers are still scouring the countryside around the town for her.

Dyfed-Powys Police said 16 search teams are involved in the operation to find April.

The charge faced by the accused man of attempting to pervert the course of justice refers to the unlawful disposal and concealment of a body.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-20994157

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 14.01.13 12:40

A most bizarre case!

April Jones: Mark Bridger probably responsible for death, defence tells court

The man accused of murdering five-year-old April Jones is expected to say he was probably responsible for her death but that he did not murder her, a court has been told by his barrister.

Mark Bridger, 47, has denied three charges including her murder and abduction following her disappearance in Machynlleth, Powys, last October.

April's parents, Coral and Paul, were at the hearing at Mold Crown Court.

A trial date has been set for 25 February.

The judge, Mr Justice John Griffith-Williams, ordered that none of the evidence mentioned could be publicly reported.

But the judge said a statement by the defending barrister, Brendan Kelly QC, that the accused was not guilty of murder but that he accepted that he was probably responsible for her death could be publicly reported.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-21009177

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 14.01.13 13:36

Just seen/heard this on the news, now what the devil does that mean? What came to mind was that he had abducted her and had her hidden somewhere, alive, but due to the search and his arrest couldn't get back to her and hasn't told the police where he had her hidden. However he is denying abduction so that couldn't be the case.
The wording is extremely odd.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 14.01.13 13:45

@Nina wrote:Just seen/heard this on the news, now what the devil does that mean? What came to mind was that he had abducted her and had her hidden somewhere, alive, but due to the search and his arrest couldn't get back to her and hasn't told the police where he had her hidden. However he is denying abduction so that couldn't be the case.
The wording is extremely odd.

That is exactly what came to my mind Nina.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.01.13 14:14

I'm wondering:
A few months ago it was generally accepted (even by the family) that April was dead.

Lately it appears that the family are hoping for her 'return' and the general message is that she's out there - alive!

IS APRIL BEING KEPT ALIVE SO THAT MADDIE WON'T HAVE TO BE DEAD?

It stinks. They couldn't very well resurrect Tia, but with half a chance, they'd have done it.

For exactly the same reason, the interest in Ben Needham lately only serves to inform the public that AFTER 20 YEARS HE CAN STILL BE FOUND!

SO MADDIE CAN BE FOUND TOO!

splat

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 14.01.13 14:24

@tigger wrote:I'm wondering:
A few months ago it was generally accepted (even by the family) that April was dead.

Lately it appears that the family are hoping for her 'return' and the general message is that she's out there - alive!

IS APRIL BEING KEPT ALIVE SO THAT MADDIE WON'T HAVE TO BE DEAD?

It stinks. They couldn't very well resurrect Tia, but with half a chance, they'd have done it.

For exactly the same reason, the interest in Ben Needham lately only serves to inform the public that AFTER 20 YEARS HE CAN STILL BE FOUND!

SO MADDIE CAN BE FOUND TOO!

splat
Yup.

And if you consider the possibility she may be alive, then it isn't possible to question the McCann's account at the same time.

One window opens, the other must necessarily close..

Magic. dance

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.01.13 14:34

It really is most bizarre. The judge will not permit the evidence to be repeated, but does allow the DEFENCE barrister's remarks.
How is he now going to get a fair trial ?

So, I think the only thing that can now happen is a plea to manslaughter.
Causing the death by gross negligence.
Was with her when she ran away and fell down a mine shaft but he can't remember where,
Was feeding her but she choked and he did nothing to revive her, but hid her body and she was still alive when he left,
Set her afloat in a dinghy and she was washed away, never to be seen again

there are many possibilities which would allow the brief to say what he did, whilst still working on a plea of Not Guilty to Murder.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 14.01.13 14:36

Tigger, I don't get that impression at all regarding April's parents. All the reports I've read recently suggest they have come to terms with never seeing her alive again. Of course, they would want her body to be found so they can say their goodbyes.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.01.13 15:03

Jean wrote:www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-20955900

This is really strange - April's mother is still hoping she is alive and will come home.

Shubob, this recent report quotes April's mother as believing that her daughter is alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 14.01.13 16:43

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ex-lifeguard-denies-april-murder-113042454.html#T4g5ky2

The wording has morphed now into conceding he probably killed her, not probably being responsible for her death, which was alot vaguer.
Bridger entered not guilty pleas to abduction, murder and perverting the course of justice at Mold Crown Court.

But Brendan Kelly, defending, told the court his client's defence involves him "conceding that he probably killed the child".
Unquote

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 14.01.13 18:26

Jean wrote:
Jean wrote:www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-20955900

Shubob, this recent report quotes April's mother as believing that her daughter is alive.

Yes, I've seen that. I can imagine a parent in that situation writing that in the depths of despair. What cannot be said of April's parents is that they've actively promoted the belief that she is still alive. They may yet do but they definitely haven't done that thus far. Before that facebook posting, they had been relatively silent for several weeks.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.01.13 18:40

defence to include "conceding that he probably killed the child". Right, so he is admitting that she is probably dead, but not admitting that she is definitely dead and that he is responsible. Confusing much.

My knee-jerk response as to what this could mean is that he took her off somewhere to do some act to her and left her there. What I don't get is if he is pleading not guilty of abducting her. If April trusted him and got into the van willingly, this does not negate a charge of abduction.

So he took her (in front of witnesses albeit children) in his vehicle and she's never been seen since. How can he therefore plead not guilty to abduction? What does anyone else think about this point?

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.01.13 18:47

As far as I am aware, no witness - child or adult - has ever identified Mark Bridger as the person in whose van April was seen getting into. She supposedly said that it was all right because she knew them - "them" could just mean one person.

I'm baffled by this case - if he left her somewhere alive, why on earth did he not say where while there was a chance to save her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.01.13 19:44

He wouldn't want her found if he had left DNA on her IYKWIM. If he has sexually assaulted her he could be looking at a very long sentence, same or similar to one for manslaughter. All sounds a bit strange. The police must have kept a good deal of the story out of the papers.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum