The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MISSING APRIL JONES AGED 5......Feared Abducted in Wales

Post by jozi on 03.10.12 12:01

Jean wrote:Yes I agree with ChuckieD - the colloquial use of the word "them" can just mean one person.

Ok, thanks for that info ChuckieD and Jean...was alarmed when I saw that remark and thought she would have said " I know him ", but if that's down to dialect it could well be.

It's not looking good for this child, poor thing. Still, hope she is found safe and well,cannot understand why he would take a child who knew him though and the children who she was playing with knew him and his car ?

Why take a child from the same neighborhood where everybody knows him ?

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD on 03.10.12 12:02

@justme3 wrote:
@ChuckieD wrote:

" Its alright, I know them ".???

Does this mean there was more than the guy already in custody !!!

I would guess that's just accent rather than meaning them plural

Wasn’t it said that both the little girl AND the “man” got in on the right-hand side of the vehicle? As the vehicle in question was a left-hand drive, why would the driver get in the other side? Was there someone else driving ?

I haven't heard that, sorry. As far as I'm aware, he didn't leave the vehicle and April was witnessed 'getting into' the drivers side, I'd imagine she'd of needed a little hand up into the vehicle by him as Land Rovers are quite high for little legs.

That said, I didn't hear the comment of 'It's alright, I know them' on the news either, when was that said? Been out for a couple of hours so just catching up with the latest

ChuckieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD on 03.10.12 12:04

Possibly a really stupid question but any idea why they've covered the reg number and part of the front of the Land Rover and then given out the reg number anyway?

ChuckieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 12:10

candyfloss wrote:Nick Bennett‏@njbennett
Ex-SY Commander John O'Connor just compared the "shambles" of the PJ with the good work of Dyfed-Powys Police. #McCann. Lusophobic smear.

As far as I can judge, the Cymru police do not have a bevy of English authorities, including an ambassador and a consul breathing down their necks.

I very much hope they find the child alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.10.12 12:13

Isn't it the case that there are two vehicles involved?
The van which was found on the road and which the police yesterday said 'he had the use of' implying the van didn't belong to him.
The Landrover which was possibly used for rough terrain and then hidden in a garage. He was intercepted on the road, possibly walking towards the van?

So the van would not have been recognised by the children as belonging to someone they knew. The Landrover would have been too obvious?
That begins to look like premeditation.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD on 03.10.12 12:22

@tigger wrote:Isn't it the case that there are two vehicles involved?
The van which was found on the road and which the police yesterday said 'he had the use of' implying the van didn't belong to him.
The Landrover which was possibly used for rough terrain and then hidden in a garage. He was intercepted on the road, possibly walking towards the van?

So the van would not have been recognised by the children as belonging to someone they knew. The Landrover would have been too obvious?

I thought the kids had said that it was a van with a 'small front' - which could have been the Land Rover to a child's eyes? Though they did say light coloured, didn't they?

They knew who they were looking for very quickly though and I assume his child that was playing with April would have recognised him and told the Police it was her dad - assuming she was one of the ones to witness it so possibly the Police intentionally gave a wrong(ish) description to throw him off scent. I think you're right though, it does sound premeditated - maybe he just didn't bank on one of his own kids being there.

ChuckieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 03.10.12 12:22

@tigger wrote:Isn't it the case that there are two vehicles involved?

That is what I understand too. The vehicle found on the road side yesterday, also matched the colour description given by the children from the night before, i.e. it was light coloured, small at the front and big at the back. The road where that vehicle was found was closed by police yesterday so this mornings announcement is another vehicle alltogether and clearly said to be owned by the suspect.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 12:59

Video here of the appeal for help by the parents of April Jones........

http://news.sky.com/story/992482/live-updates-aprils-family-pleads-for-help

Back to top Go down

Post by idroppedmyspoon on 03.10.12 13:06

candyfloss wrote:Video here of the appeal for help by the parents of April Jones........

[url=http://news.sky.com/story/992482/live-updates-aprils-family-pleads-for-help
http://news.sky.com/story/992482/live-updates-aprils-family-pleads-for-help[/quote[/url]]

Harrowing to watch. What a difference between the McCanns previous press conferences.

I am still with the believing what a previous post said, I dont know of any abduction story where the perp was unkown to the victim/family.

I worry we will never find out what REALLY happened to MMc Sad

idroppedmyspoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 13:07

Irrelevant maybe, but why was April's stepgrandfather there and not her father?

Back to top Go down

Mark Bridger

Post by Waxwing on 03.10.12 13:11

I don't know if this has already been said but the expression on the face of Mark Bridger is reminiscent of Ian Huntly in that infamous 'poor me' photo of him.

Waxwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 13:12

Châtelaine wrote:Irrelevant maybe, but why was April's stepgrandfather there and not her father?

And who IS her father?

Funny story in the Mail of arrested man having had multiple relations in the neighborhood, and having sired six children there with different ladies.

Parent abduction?

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 03.10.12 13:17

The father-of-six, who has an ex-wife and three former partners living in Machynlleth, fathering six children, is being interviewed by police following his arrest on suspicion of April's abduction yesterday afternoon.

Say he gave aprila ride in the car along with his own kids just two days before her going missing

Why was the father not at the appeal with the mother???

david_uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.10.12 13:20

@Waxwing wrote:I don't know if this has already been said but the expression on the face of Mark Bridger is reminiscent of Ian Huntly in that infamous 'poor me' photo of him.

Spot on! The same expression I saw on the step-grandfather's face in the Tia case. Yes, 'poor me' not my fault.

Portia, seems interesting. For one thing he's sired six children in the neighbourhood, that's presumably not including those of his ex wife?
If April should be one of those and he has recently broken up with his girlfriend, it's beginning to look like a pattern seen so often these days.

I have to say I've given up all hope of her being found alive. Tyre tracks have been found at a location near the river according to DM.

Poor little girl. I would like to iron his clothes for him, whilst he's wearing them...

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 13:43

Let's be careful here. People also saw Huntley in Murat and Chris Jefferies.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 03.10.12 13:51

@idroppedmyspoon wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Video here of the appeal for help by the parents of April Jones........

[url=http://news.sky.com/story/992482/live-updates-aprils-family-pleads-for-help
http://news.sky.com/story/992482/live-updates-aprils-family-pleads-for-help[/quote[/url]]

Harrowing to watch. What a difference between the McCanns previous press conferences.

I am still with the believing what a previous post said, I dont know of any abduction story where the perp was unkown to the victim/family.

INDEED! Compare and contrast.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7371838.stm

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 03.10.12 14:17

@ShuBob wrote:Let's be careful here. People also saw Huntley in Murat and Chris Jefferies.

True ShuBob, let's not get carried away with the comments about what he looks like !

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 03.10.12 14:36

@jozi wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:Let's be careful here. People also saw Huntley in Murat and Chris Jefferies.

True ShuBob, let's not get carried away with the comments about what he looks like !

Indeed, I am sure there is a fine line in facial expressions between "Shit, I'm being royally fitted up" and " oh shit, they got me!"

david_uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Troof on 03.10.12 14:52

@Da Troof wrote:
@idroppedmyspoon wrote:

INDEED! Compare and contrast.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7371838.stm

I just played both these clips again and cannot understand why anyone would believe K McC. Admittedly the K McC appeal was 2.5 days after M McC "went missing" rather than the 1.5 days for April's Mum, but the difference is staggering IMO.

Da Troof

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD on 03.10.12 15:45

ChuckieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.12 15:59

But potentially a very clever move, since it negates any inference to be drawn from fingerprints or DNA.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.12 16:01

Any idea where April's father and/or step-father is?

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.10.12 16:03

@PeterMac wrote:
But potentially a very clever move, since it negates any inference to be drawn from fingerprints or DNA.

So he's lucky he had a go two days earlier, except there were a number of girls getting a ride but it takes care of any forensics in the car. It does fit the profile and it looks like a revenge action to me. He might not take rejection very well.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD on 03.10.12 16:04

@PeterMac wrote:

Well, yes I thought that too but took it more as they're trying get their two minutes of fame and trying to tarnish his name by essentially saying 'he likes to be around little girls' when in fact they've done him a favour whilst trying to ruin him further. Given that they've just split, I'm assuming that there's probably some post-relationship bad blood. Hope that makes sense. Have a small child singing Big Red Combine Harvester at me!

ChuckieD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.12 16:06

@ShuBob wrote:Any idea where April's father and/or step-father is?

The only reports I've seen is that April's father Paul lives with her mother Coral but I don't know why he didn't attend the press conference while Coral's stepfather did.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum