The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Mm11

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Mm11

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Regist10

Team McCann One - liners with references

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Empty Re: Team McCann One - liners with references

Post by tigger 30.09.12 20:58

Mr Mitchell said:
"Money is still coming in, and every time Kate and Gerry do interviews a bit more comes in."

Like magic isn't it! high5

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 Empty Re: Team McCann One - liners with references

Post by Guest 30.09.12 21:02

tigger wrote:Mr Mitchell said:
"Money is still coming in, and every time Kate and Gerry do interviews a bit more comes in."

That sums it up Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 160807
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.10.12 6:02

Reference for the above quote:
Leicester Mercury
TOM PEGDEN
09 July 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.10.12 11:03

...'the searches were directed at finding a missing body'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjDAK2kH3yM&feature=player_embedded#!

[....] at 2.14 Gerry makes the point that 'the searches were directed at finding a missing body' [...]

(Not: directed at finding a body, but a missing body - which implies a body which was missing from where it was supposed to be)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.10.12 13:53

"They've taken her"

Who exactly were they?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 01.10.12 16:58

tigger wrote:...'the searches were directed at finding a missing body'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjDAK2kH3yM&feature=player_embedded#!

[....] at 2.14 Gerry makes the point that 'the searches were directed at finding a missing body' [...]

(Not: directed at finding a body, but a missing body - which implies a body which was missing from where it was supposed to be)

Firstly, thanks for starting this thread.

Back to topic -
Isn't that just a dead giveaway? You would have thought a normal parent would say
"...the searches were directed at finding a missing *child*, and not a *body*. The latter implies finding the *dead* as in *remains*.
This should really be a one-liner for the forensics linguistic thread.

And, then...this --

We Will do EVERYTHING to find you, sweetheart. May God, Mary and the Angels protect you
until that time".

What time? Strange thing to say, NO?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.10.12 17:58

A dead giveaway indeed. Freud would have a fieldday with these one-liners and other hick-up and slips ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.10.12 8:12

Martin Brunt, Sky News Crime Correspondent - 01 July 2008
"The McCanns want to see what evidence is in the files, although they know there isn't any."

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.10.12 10:44

News of the World online 27/5/2007
McCannfiles:

Gerry said:
"We are absolutely determined to get her back. But it could have been worse - we could have lost the twins too. There were three children in the room. That's the worst nightmare."

I'm posting a longer version of this in Forensic Linguistics.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.12 10:46

Châtelaine wrote:A dead giveaway indeed. Freud would have a fieldday with these one-liners and other hick-up and slips ...

A Freudian slip is where you want to say one thing and you say your mother.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Springers are FAB 06.10.12 11:14

tigger wrote:News of the World online 27/5/2007
McCannfiles:

Gerry said:
"We are absolutely determined to get her back. But it could have been worse - we could have lost the twins too. There were three children in the room. That's the worst nightmare."

I'm posting a longer version of this in Forensic Linguistics.

I find this a to be a real red flag if ever there was one. On the surface what Gerry said sounds 'odd' to put it mildly anyway but I also find it more than that due to something a friend once told me.
This friend volunteered for some time as a counsellor to the bereaved for a well known agency. She was fully qualified for this role and had trained as such whilst she worked as a nurse. She once told me that the hardest cases were, naturally, bereaved parents. The thing that stuck in my mind was that she said that the worst thing anyone could ever say to a bereaved parent was " well at least you have your other children". By implication she was saying that to parents all their children are equally precious, losing one is as bad as losing all of them. There isn't anything worse.
Now, I don't have kids (sadly) but I can imagine this is entirely how you would feel as a parent simply 'losing' one child, no matter in what circumstances.
This is why this sticks out for me...its just not right

"Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality."
(T.S. Eliot, Burnt Norton)
Springers are FAB
Springers are FAB

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.10.12 12:30

Yes Springersarefab, it is similar to saying we will just have to have another child now. You cannot replace your lost child, he is an individual.

If your handbag is robbed and found later with all contents except cash still intact, one might say it could have been worse they could have taken everything in the bag.

I wonder do the McCanns ever sit down and listen to what they have said in the past. Perhaps if they did, they might actually start to see why there are people who find what they say unbelievable.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.12 15:22

PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:A dead giveaway indeed. Freud would have a fieldday with these one-liners and other hick-up and slips ...

A Freudian slip is where you want to say one thing and you say your mother.
big grin
OT it reminds me of someone, long long time ago, trying to explain to me what a Freudian slip of the tongue is and gave an example: A man, who fancies his neighbour, has invited her to come over in the afternoon for a drink. She arrives at the moment he's carrying a bin bag out onto the street and says to her: "Do go in and lay down. I'll be with you in a minute."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.01.13 7:49

Not strictly a one-liner, but lifted from an earlier post:
From the book:

"These dogs had never been used in Portugal before, and he (Ricardo Paiva) knew little more
about them, either, than I did".
unquote

On the face of it it looks like a stupid statement, but linking Portugal, PJ ignorance and 'never been used' - creates exactly the impression desired by TM.

My car seems to work fine in different countries and although I can't speak for dogs, my cats were functioning brilliantly in southern France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.13 8:04

Perhaps the dogs had problems with the language barrier.........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.01.13 8:15

Jean wrote:Perhaps the dogs had problems with the language barrier.........

yes Jean, Scottish accents can be difficult to understand at times....Team McCann One - liners with references  - Page 1 110921
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 08.01.13 23:18

tigger wrote:Not strictly a one-liner, but lifted from an earlier post:
From the book:

"These dogs had never been used in Portugal before, and he (Ricardo Paiva) knew little more
about them, either, than I did".
unquote

On the face of it it looks like a stupid statement, but linking Portugal, PJ ignorance and 'never been used' - creates exactly the impression desired by TM.

My car seems to work fine in different countries and although I can't speak for dogs, my cats were functioning brilliantly in southern France.

Very very very stupid statement to make.
laughat
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top