The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Post by Spaniel on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 6:57

@pennylane wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@pennylane wrote:. . . I think his father, along with the police, should appeal to him directly, and skillfully try and assuage his fears. That can only help the situation, and it's critical sooner rather than later.
I think that is going to be a bit dificult.

Come home, and be branded a pederast, lose your job and probably your freedom for quite a long time, become unemployed and permanently unemployable, go on the Sex Offenders register, be named publicly wherever you live under Sarah's Law, . . .
I can't think of any words or promises which would assuage anything.

Interestingly, despite the huge difference in the age of consent across Europe, the age for marriage is fairly universally 18. Only a few allow 16 with parental consent, one of those being England !

The teacher has definitely gotten himself into big heap of trouble. If he hadn't gone AWOL with Megan, he may have been brought before one of those half witted, lenient judges.... but now the eyes of everyone will be on the legal process in the event he is found and brought to justice. I realise there aren't any "promises" that can be given to him at this juncture, but a gentle word from his mum or dad might make a significant difference to his state of mind.... and bringing Megan home and handing himself in would go somewhat in his favour.

Yes, with parental consent, youngsters can marry at 16 in the UK, to a much older partner... so it rather sends out a mixed message.

It's reported this morning that the French police are not looking for them as no French laws have been broken.

That at least lifts the pressure off them a bit, which can only be good for a safe resolution to this.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 7:51

@Spaniel wrote:It's reported this morning that the French police are not looking for them as no French laws have been broken.
That at least lifts the pressure off them a bit, which can only be good for a safe resolution to this.
It does, but only if they stay out of the UK. What a bizarre turn of events.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:29

Age of consent for sexual activity varies within jurisdiction in EEC countries.
So long as they choose countries like Spain (13) Germany (14) France (15) they have not broken any law.
And the irony is with UK passport they can legitimately live and work in any EEC country without need for paper work.

Reportedly they were already in a relationship for 7 months. Must have started when they were having one to one after school hours tuition so they couldn't have been concentrating just on algebra and calculus (if at all) during those private sessions. Not sure whether the school's threat to suspend him has pushed them to elope or because she was pregnant or a combination of those.

Since the school knew about the relationship and about to take action against the teacher, one wonders whether Megan's parents were informed about the unusual extracurricular activity or did the elope came as shocking revelation to her parents. Not that it would make any difference I would imagine because the teacher is the one with the means.

Hopefully the press leaves them alone thereby not pushing them into a corner to do something drastic. This is a domestic matter and should be resolved in private without too much unnecessary public focus hence pressure for them.
Maybe they are *in love* but you would have expected the Maths teacher to have the common sense to wait until she's 16, only a matter of months to that surely.

It's just total selfish behavior without regards for the consequences - madness!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:52

I certainly had some unscholarly thoughts about teachers in my young days but thankfully they were not reciprocated!

It is possible that this could be a genuine long-lasting relationship though Megan's very young age makes that a bit unlikely.

I remember a case from a few years back where a trainee police officer did a runner with his girlfriend, within a week of the latter's 16th birthday. How on earth they didn't wait a few more days I don't know.

There will be an appeal on Crimewatch today for information about the latest couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 11:23

15 or 16, that is the question being argued about in the comment columns.

Now re-read the lyrics of the song

What a difference a day makes
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain

My yesterday was blue, dear
Today I'm a part of you, dear
My lonely nights are through, dear
Since you said you were mine

There's a rainbow before me
Skies above can't be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss

It's heaven when you find romance on your menu
What a difference a day made
And the difference is you

Fairly transparent, don't you think.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 14:01

Arrest on site European arrest warrant just issued for the teacher.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 16:53

Just listened to the press conference on LBC 97.3.
What really sticks in my throat and mind is "bring back LITTLE Megan...."
Her parents want her back.

I know, I will be ignored as usual, hence I'll post my thoughts, freely.

Little Megan? Sorry, this young woman is no "little Megan". She gives me a far more grown up feel than the teacher's wife herself(who seems a bit strange to me, but that's probably just me).
Her parents want her back... what set of parents? Biological? Step? Step-step?

Early this morning I listened to my favourite radio presenter who has changed his opinion over the last few days significantly.
Monday he was really into "how can a grown up teacher...", yesterday he said after researched into the girl's family background he might sense a cause for her getting close to this grown up man as a figure of comfort-even sort of father/family-, today he said quite frankly "They should sell their story to some glossy magazine,cash in at least 100 grant and set themselves up in France at least till the girl's 18." He said that after some days of thinking and researching he had come to the opinion that there was far more to the story as would hit the eye (what has been expressed on here, as well) and this young couple should be given time to sort themselves out. Rather than drive them to some silly over-reaction.

Let's be clear: this radio presenter is not a spring chicken, he is well into his 60s and can display a hack of life experience.

Quite honestly,I'd go along with his view. Having read what is written in the news papers, having done some hours of thorough research on the teacher, his wife(though she seems to have removed quite a bit of info about herself, forgetting that the internet won't lose a thing) the girl's background, I think this is one of the rare cases where "calling for justice" or "bringing the teacher to justice" is wrong.

Thanks for ignoring me.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 17:07

Give us a chance to ignore you Julchen!

I'm certainly not baying for the teacher's blood and I'll be happy to listen to his story and Megan's if given the chance.

Maybe they can make a go of it - it's just a shame that they didn't wait till she was 16.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 17:41

And I am not ignoring you either.
Megan is not an immature 15 year old with braces on her teeth and her dreams of doing well at school, she is 15 and all photographs that I have seen of her she looks much older and oozes sexuality.
There have been accounts of her hanging around the teacher's classroom, in effect she had a crush on him, quite normal, and she made it very obvious. This man just couldn't resist and should be brought to justice, but Megan is not without fault, she has consented to going away with him, they look very happy together on the ferry boat, and she maybe feels she has got herself a real prize. And maybe they can stay on the run and be happy together for a very long time. They should have waited 'till she was 16.
I know that I shall get shouted down by some but I just don't think that she is an innocent exploited child.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 18:43

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
@Julchen wrote:Thanks for ignoring me.

Jule

Aw, I'm sure people haven't meant to ignore you!

I'm sure some people have, as Jule's comments, particularly on the Tia Sharp thread really do stick in the craw.

Jule, I am interested in what has been said in the press to make you query the teachers wife? From what I've read there has been very little said about her and she hasn't made a statement. I'm sure the poor woman is distraught at being brought into this unpleasant situation. Would you not feel desperate and sick at the thought of your newly wed husband having an affair with a schoolgirl and then for it to be broadcast all over the European press? I find your comment about his wife inappropriate and unnecessary, she has done nothing wrong in this. They are both to blame (teacher and student).

Anyone who has ever been a reasonable attractive schoolgirl must have been aware of their manipulative abilities to schoolboys and to some extent their male teachers, anyone who has ever been a young, handsome man in a position of authority is also aware of their manipulative powers to impressionable, young hormonal teenagers.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 18:49

@PeterMac wrote:15 or 16, that is the question being argued about in the comment columns.

Twenty-four little hours

Those are lyrics from the 1930's I believe. I don't understand the relevance.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 19:26

@PeterMac wrote:15 or 16, that is the question being argued about in the comment columns.

Twenty-four little hours

Why did you analyse the lyrics to being under age? To me, it's just a beautiful song. The fact that you scrutinised the lyrics so closely say's a lot about you PeterMac. No wonder you live away, far away.

I'm out.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 19:40

I find your comment about his wife inappropriate and unnecessary, she
has done nothing wrong in this. They are both to blame (teacher and
student).

As for the press conference: I heard it on LBC this afternoon
As for the wife and the relationship between teacher and wife: I did my research last night,independently of any press release.

I don't agree that his wife has done nothing wrong. I can't say she has, but nobody can say, she hasn't,either.

A friend of ours became a major story about 2 years ago, particularly thanks to DM pseudo-coverage.
Again and again they emphasized his wife didn't know anything, didn't do anything wrong, was completely unaware of his "secret life".
"Married for 30 years and completely taken by surprise".
Well, it read like a terrific story. At least in terms of the DM and some local news papers.
Fact was that they were still living in the same house but surely had long since abandoned their marriage as such.

Only as an example.

The few things you find about the teacher and his wife, give me the feeling, there is a different story still to be told. But time will tell.

IMO when a marriage goes wrong there are always two sides to blame. In a very fresh, well-functioning marriage it would certainly have gone like "I have this girl in my school, who does this, that and the other, basically is after me like hell. What do you make of it?"
Or when asked for private tuition "I've been asked by her parents (or whoever, biological,step,step-step) for private maths lessons. Do you think I should go there?"
It would and could then have been up to his caring wife to think about it and give him approval, guidance or whatever.
I have a feeling (and that is simply my opinion) that she is another quite self-centered person. Her photos speak a language of colourful icing, sweet girly dreams- and a couple of them even seem to have a Lolita themed perspective.

As I say, just my humble opinion that probably deserves to be shouted down or ignored.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 20:15

http://soundcloud.com/jeremy-ayre-music/arrows-and-hearts-demo

Listen to this song. Worrying!

Here are some more songs of his:
http://soundcloud.com/emily-forrest

He is a good musician. Hope his lyrics aren't too "straight from the heart". If so, there might really be a very sad ending to this story.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 20:25

@Nina wrote:And I am not ignoring you either.
Megan is not an immature 15 year old with braces on her teeth and her dreams of doing well at school, she is 15 and all photographs that I have seen of her she looks much older and oozes sexuality.
There have been accounts of her hanging around the teacher's classroom, in effect she had a crush on him, quite normal, and she made it very obvious. This man just couldn't resist and should be brought to justice, but Megan is not without fault, she has consented to going away with him, they look very happy together on the ferry boat, and she maybe feels she has got herself a real prize. And maybe they can stay on the run and be happy together for a very long time. They should have waited 'till she was 16.
I know that I shall get shouted down by some but I just don't think that she is an innocent exploited child.

See my post

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 20:52

@Julchen wrote:
student).

As for the wife and the relationship between teacher and wife: I did my research last night,independently of any press release.

I don't agree that his wife has done nothing wrong. I can't say she has, but nobody can say, she hasn't,either.

A friend of ours became a major story about 2 years ago, particularly thanks to DM pseudo-coverage.
Again and again they emphasized his wife didn't know anything, didn't do anything wrong, was completely unaware of his "secret life".
Well, it read like a terrific story. At least in terms of the DM and some local news papers.
Fact was that they were still living in the same house but surely had long since abandoned their marriage as such.

I would be intrigued to hear about your independent research, again I am unaware of any comment made by the wife of the teacher, please post a link to correct me. The only pictures I have seen have been of said wife in her wedding dress looking very happy with a glass of champers. How you have felt fit to turn this inwards on the wife is beyond me. The only people here to blame are the student and her malleable teacher. Please elaborate on what the wife has done, that is so wrong that her grown up husband has taken "up" with a 15 year old?

I feel 40 years of womens lib crashing down around my ears. " I was a bad wife so i deserved my brutal treatment". Juke you really are a one off, compleetely xenophobic, sexist and also ageist, and anti british to the point where i question why you choose to home school your children in such a country. Again I point people to the comments made by Jule in the original Tia Sharp thread. I was so angry I had to refrain from comment for fear of getting banned!!

The few things you find about the teacher and his wife, give me the feeling, there is a different story still to be told. But time will tell.

Bulls**t post a link to these "few things"

IMO when a marriage goes wrong there are always two sides to blame.

Very true

In a very fresh, well-functioning marriage it would certainly have gone like "I have this girl in my school, who does this, that and the other, basically is after me like hell. What do you make of it?"
Or when asked for private tuition "I've been asked by her parents (or whoever, biological,step,step-step) for private maths lessons. Do you think I should go there?"
It would and could then have been up to his caring wife to think about it and give him approval, guidance or whatever.
I have a feeling (and that is simply my opinion) that she is another quite self-centered person. Her photos speak a language of colourful icing, sweet girly dreams- and a couple of them even seem to have a Lolita themed perspective.

Forget the Lolita themed perspective and focus on a teenage girl who has far more manipulative tricks up her sleeve than a rather naive, flattered immature teacher who was never Mr Popular probably a nerd at school, never in the "in" crowd and now getting lots of attention.

As I say, just my humble opinion that probably deserves to be shouted down or ignored.

Stop the self pity and post like normal person!

Jule

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 21:14

If I sound like drowning in self pity I seem to have acclimatized to this country quite well.

Since Lady Di this country has fed on self pity, perverse interest in other people's private lives, jealousy, greed...you name it.
And the story of this teacher and the girl is yet another example for the voyeuristic appetite for crime and tragedy of the British.
Great big story over here, completely no news in other parts of Europe.

On the other hand important information like riots and upheaval in Greece or developments regarding the European economy get completely ignored by the British press.

TU FELIX BRITANNIA....

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 21:32

@Julchen wrote:

If I sound like drowning in self pity I seem to have acclimatized to this country quite well.

Since Lady Di this country has fed on self pity, perverse interest in other people's private lives, jealousy, greed...you name it.
And the story of this teacher and the girl is yet another example for the voyeuristic appetite for crime and tragedy of the British.
Great big story over here, completely no news in other parts of Europe.

On the other hand important information like riots and upheaval in Greece or developments regarding the European economy get completely ignored by the British press.

TU FELIX BRITANNIA....

Jule

I have to disagree with you Jule, if you peruse the press you will find informative reporting on the happenings of the european economy. As I have mentioned before, as all you have is negativity towards this country why do you choose to live here? It can't be easy for you on your sink estate being of german extraction and all. Why stay here, we as a people (British) can do no right in your eyes, so why chose to stay here and homeschool your children to a presumably british curriculum. Those children who have never eaten fast food or anthing unless homecooked by your own fair hand, your children have never even experienced the delicacies of microwave food. It seems to me that in order to do this then you do not work and spend the whole day preparing wholesome food and teaching your children...presumably benefitting from our "disgusting british" benefits system.

You haven't provided links to your statements regarding the teachers wife either, please provide evidence to your statements, in case it has escaped your notice but this is how it works on here.

I await your reply.

Mods I am uncomfortable with the level of anti British sentiment allowed to be espoused on here by this poster, not just here but on other threads, I feel if this were directed against minorities then it would be deleted immediately.

"Since Lady Di this country has fed on self pity, perverse interest in other people's private lives, jealousy, greed...you name it.
And the story of this teacher and the girl is yet another example for the voyeuristic appetite for crime and tragedy of the British."

Swap British with Irish, Welsh, Scottish, BlackM muslim etc then this would not be acceptable.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 3:02

@Julchen wrote:
student).

Only as an example.

IMO when a marriage goes wrong there are always two sides to blame. In a very fresh, well-functioning marriage it would certainly have gone like "I have this girl in my school, who does this, that and the other, basically is after me like hell. What do you make of it?"

Jule

Ahem...erm and you wonder why people ignore you?

You criticised the scrutiny of people's private life so what did you do?
You researched his wife and then made her out to be the root cause of the problem or at least contributing to the situation that culminated to this...erm...excuse me but isn't that hypocritical?

I think it's unfair to examine his wife and the issue rests with the runaway couple. Both the teacher and teenager were letting their emotion for each other overrides responsibility and accountability to their families. That is the rot of the society when self comes before all else at all cost.

Until the situation is clarified and cleared up I think the warrant to arrest him on sight is a tad too dramatic and premature. It's not as if he's a dangerous serial killer on the run. Besides what is she to do in a foreign country if he's arrested on sight? That would freak her out.

In that kind of situation, where a teenager and a young adult hormones are raging, it was a mutual consent and not a one-sided situation where one party is forced into the situation so no blame should be apportioned, at least not until the full story is known. Unfortunately for him the law is not on his side but that's just a technicality. Not as if he forced her or abducted her if pictures tell a story.

If the warrant is not rescind, hopefully they wont do anything drastic. If they are forced into a corner and for him, especially living in fear of the punishment to come that will set back his future career, it is something depressive that can force a person into drastic move.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 3:04

@Spaniel wrote:

Twenty-four little hours

Why did you analyse the lyrics to being under age? To me, it's just a beautiful song. The fact that you scrutinised the lyrics so closely say's a lot about you PeterMac. No wonder you live away, far away.

I'm out.

Ahem....err Spaniel...what are you going on about? Quoi exactement?

Where did it state the lyrics is for underage or about underage *love*?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 8:16

You surely don't imagine "Daddy wouldn't buy me a bow-wow", is an innocent little song for children, do you ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 8:20

The sightings have started. Madeleine pushed off the front page by Megan.

GOT A STORY? EMAIL: TALKBACK@THE-SUN.CO.UK
I saw Megan in Paris
Brit's sighting of girl and teacher hand-in-hand

A BRITISH tourist told last night how she spotted runaway Megan Stammers in Paris.
Brigitte Ripley, 73, said she recognised a top the 15-year-old was wearing while strolling hand-in-hand with teacher Jeremy Forrest on the Champs-Elysees last Sunday.

Gran Brigitte said: “I’m as sure as I can be that it was Megan, she seemed fine.”
A Europe-wide arrest warrant has been issued for Forrest, 30, who left Britain with Megan last Thursday.
Brigitte was drawn to the youngster’s distinctive birdpatterned top as she owns one with a similar design.
And when she bought a newspaper next day, she saw a photograph of Megan — wearing the SAME blouse she had seen in the French capital.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4561071/I-saw-Megan-and-Jeremy-Forrest-Paris-says-Brit.html#ixzz27kLtL483

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 9:08

@PeterMac wrote:You surely don't imagine "Daddy wouldn't buy me a bow-wow", is an innocent little song for children, do you ?

I did until now, PeterMac! Go on then, shatter my innocence!

The lyrics to "What a difference a day makes" seem perfectly innocuous to me. Aiyoyo, it wasn't Spaniel who thought otherwise, it was PeterMac.

At least there's some likelihood of this sighting of Megan being actually true, unlike all the loony stories about Madeleine dreamed up by the media.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 10:49

Victorian Music Hall was the equivalent of "Live at the Apollo".
It was rude. Designed to push the barriers of what was acceptable.
The references were highly coded, and thus avoided the censor, but many we still use today.
Read Ermyntrude and Esmerelda, by Lytton Strachey. It was published a long time later but he wrote it around the same time the song was written.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 11:14

What a difference a sighting makes.

So they are fine and living it up in Paris.

And the Brit tourist who happens to have the same T-shirt as Megan didn't think of calling the police when there's a warrant for arrest on sight but sold her story to which paper? The *SUN* of course!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum