The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Post by EJW on 25.09.12 13:27

@Pershing36 wrote:Just picked this off the BBC site.

Ms Wilson has revealed that Megan had been receiving extra-curricular maths lessons since before the summer, but the family did not suspect there was any relationship between her and Mr Forrest, a married amateur musician from Ringmer, near Lewes.

Makes you wonder like it was said earlier on here she was indeed pregnant.

I agree, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 25.09.12 13:32

@EJW wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@pennylane wrote:. . .
They may have gone into hiding until Megan turns 16, and that is why I thought perhaps she might be pregnant.... Anyway, she looks very mature for her age, and in her young mind she's no doubt certain she is 'in lurve.' If the pair are separated... this will intensify that love, and in the end I reckon they will get together one way or another.
One or two of the papers keep publishing the story about the parent's dysfunctional life together, with constant very noisy rows disturbing the neighbours and so on.
Was she running away to a better life, with someone who did not shout; with someone who treated her with respect; with someone with whom she feels safe ?
Weren't the rows between the teacher and his wife?

Yes the newspaper reports were relating to the teacher and his wife, with police called to several domestic disturbances and a neighbour stating that the teacher had a bad temper apparently.

He's becoming more and more undesirable if true. I wonder if there's any violence involved?

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.12 13:49

http://www.meganstammers.com/

Official site set up by the family.

No online shop as far as I can see........

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 14:31

Well I am not surprised it has come out but it has now so I can post it. This is the second teacher that has abused trust in that school. In 2009 a teacher (male) was convicted of having sex with two female students.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 15:04

Seems a senior Governor was also charged with sex crimes against children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfp5uMmzCo&hd=1

Canon Gordon Rideout

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 25.09.12 15:29

@Pershing36 wrote:Well I am not surprised it has come out but it has now so I can post it. This is the second teacher that has abused trust in that school. In 2009 a teacher (male) was convicted of having sex with two female students.
Saw something about it in The Telegraph.

I have a bad feeling about this. I just hope they don't feel that there is no way out of the situation. I wish the police and family would say "Just come home, everything can be sorted."

He'll never teach again, but they needn't split, not that he's any great catch.

I sincerely hope they booked into accommodation, tucked the car away and are lying low. They can't have spent much time alone together until now, as her mum said she doesn't go out. Let's hope they can talk it through and plan a safe homecoming. I also hope if they return safely that the police don't do anything daft like handcuff him to distress her further.

Hopefully the situation can be sorted without police or SS, just family and counsellors.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.09.12 15:52

Marriages between people with a large age difference can work. I know !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.12 16:23

This is a link about the case in 2009 - the teacher had the name of Healy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1134385/Teacher-sex-grooming-network-site-Bebo.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 16:56

I could tell you a whole lot more but wouldn't do it on a forum. Lets just say the 2 years I had connections with that school were the worst in my working life. I seriously use to suffer from panic attacks and stress when I knew I was due to go in there.

The students had a bond, well like a pack with certain staff members and they were aggressively loyal. The person who did the job before me and myself were both forced out because we challenged the system which we felt went against the requirements of the examining board.

The same people that had these bonds/packs would take students out for lunch and nights out. I will stress however they were all above the age of 16 from my personal experience.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.12 19:21

Megan Stammers: Bishop Bell School under fire over record

25 September 2012 Last updated at 18:48

Megan Stammers: Bishop Bell School under fire over record

Sussex Police have released a CCTV image of Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forrest, taken on board a ferry from Dover to Calais at 21:30 BST on Thursday
The school of missing Megan Stammers has come under fire from a charity over its safeguarding record.

Megan, 15, who goes to Bishop Bell C of E School, in Eastbourne, and teacher Jeremy Forrest, 30, took a ferry from Dover to Calais, on Thursday.

In 2009, a teacher from the school was jailed for grooming pupils and in March it emerged a retired priest had been allowed to remain as a governor despite child sex allegations against him.

The school has defended its record.

East Sussex County Council and bosses at the school have both confirmed they were investigating the pair's relationship before they disappeared.

And Lucy Duckworth, from the National Association for People Abused in Childhood, said she has had concerns for some time over the school's safeguarding policy.

"Policies are still not in place to foster a culture where safeguarding is a priority as it should be in any institution where adults act in loco parentis," she said.

'Predatory behaviour'

PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT

• All teachers are considered to be in a position of trust with regard to their pupils
  • Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003, the abuse of a position of trust is a criminal offence
  • The age of consent for sexual intercourse is ordinarily 16, but this does not apply under this Act
  • Instead, a person over the age of 18, who is in a position of trust over a person under 18, commits a criminal offence if they involve the younger person in sexual activity
  • When using social media like Facebook, teachers are advised not to blur the boundaries between the professional and the personal, for example, they should not give their pupils friend status

However, Terry Boatwright, executive head teacher at the school, said: "Bishop Bell School has a robust safeguarding policy in place, takes safeguarding very seriously and the effectiveness of its safeguarding procedures is rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted."

It has been confirmed Sussex Police were made aware of concerns over a relationship between the missing schoolgirl and her maths teacher Mr Forrest, an amateur musician from Ringmer, near Lewes, last week.

The force has now released CCTV images of the pair holding hands on a ferry from Dover to Calais at 21:30 BST on Thursday.

It has refused to deny whether it had received reports about the pair before they left the UK.

Their disappearance comes three years after Robert Healy, who was a PE teacher at the school, was jailed for seven years after grooming two pupils on social networking site Bebo.

He had sex three or four times with one teenage victim and then started a second relationship with a slightly older girl from the same school.

Jailing him at Lewes Crown Court in 2009, Judge Charles Kemp said Healy's "predatory" behaviour was a "grave breach of trust".

And it emerged in March that the school allowed a retired Church of England priest who was suspended from the church following a Criminal Records Bureau check to remain as a governor, despite being aware of the child sex allegations against him.

Canon Gordon Rideout, 73, has been charged with committing 38 offences over an 11-year period between 1962 and 1973. He stood as a governor until November 2011.

He is due to stand trial at Lewes Crown Court on 19 October.

Megan and Jeremy Forrest are thought to be travelling in his car
Regarding Megan and Mr Forrest's disappearance, East Sussex County Council said it had been "addressing and investigating concerns" about them when they left the country.

The French authorities have been involved in the search for the pair, although it is not clear if they even remain in France.

'Want you home'

Referring to the CCTV images, Ch Insp Jason Tingley said: "We are releasing this photo to show Megan and Jeremy's appearance at the time they travelled to France as we believe it will improve the public's ability to recognise the pair together.

"Although they entered France, it is possible that they are elsewhere now. Therefore our objectives are to identify where they are and for them to contact us, so we can bring Megan home safely."

Earlier, he told BBC Radio 4's Today her friends might have information about their disappearance.

He said children, pupils or friends "may be aware of where they were likely to go to so I would also ask them to come forward, and don't be scared, and don't feel you're in trouble if you've not disclosed any of that information so far".

Mr Tingley also revealed it had appeared one of Megan's friends had received a message saying she had arrived in France.

The message was not sent from Megan's phone, police said.

Appealing to her daughter at a news conference on Monday, Megan's mother Danielle Wilson said: "Sweetheart, I don't care what you've done or why, I just want you home."

Ms Wilson has revealed Megan had been receiving extra-curricular maths lessons since before the summer, but the family did not suspect there was any relationship between her and Mr Forrest.

Megan's stepfather Martin Stammers said he was "aware" of Mr Forrest but did not go into further detail

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19717837

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.09.12 22:13

One of the main problems in cases of this kind is that both the girl and the man involved are having a wonderful time.

She is being wined and dined and treated to attention from a more mature (?) person, and teated like a "little Princess" [have we heard that before somewhere ?]
Living in hotels, seeing and experiencing things she had no idea existed.
Emotionally and physically she is (I hope ) feeling that she is loved beyond all understanding, and that the future can only be as wonderful as is today.

He is the one who will come to terms with reality, when his credit card limit runs out.
(Which will be very soon, I assure you.)

At that point his attitude to her will change, and that is the very dangerous moment for them both.

I hope she survives it.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 25.09.12 22:31

Hopefully they'll come home when they get hungry given the chance.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.09.12 7:32

It now seems the police were already investigating and it is reported they had seized both mobile phones.
Hope they managed to wipe the messages and contacts list before they did.
That's what you do when there is an abduction, isn't it , Kate ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 26.09.12 8:00

@PeterMac wrote:One of the main problems in cases of this kind is that both the girl and the man involved are having a wonderful time.

She is being wined and dined and treated to attention from a more mature (?) person, and teated like a "little Princess" [have we heard that before somewhere ?]
Living in hotels, seeing and experiencing things she had no idea existed.
Emotionally and physically she is (I hope ) feeling that she is loved beyond all understanding, and that the future can only be as wonderful as is today.

He is the one who will come to terms with reality, when his credit card limit runs out.
(Which will be very soon, I assure you.)

At that point his attitude to her will change, and that is the very dangerous moment for them both.

I hope she survives it.
I believe there is a scenario that we both have in mind, I pray it doesn't come to that.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.09.12 8:13

Quite. And knowing that the press in Britain are already calling him a paed****, and that he is certainly going to be unemployable as a teacher ever again, and will be on the sexual offenders register, and so on and on, may make one of the scenarios more likely. I hope not.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.09.12 8:18

Telegraph today.
The parents of a teacher who has eloped to France with one of his pupils, Megan Stammers, have said they fear he may “flip” before the couple are found. . . .

It is believed Mr Forrest, who married in April last year, had been in a relationship with the teenager for as much as seven months and fled the country with her after the school informed him he was to be suspended.
His father Jim Forrest, defended his son and said he was a “gentle and caring” person who was extremely vulnerable.
Speaking at the family home in Orpington, Kent, Mr Forrest said: “I am worried about Jeremy; I am not worried about Megan. I can tell you my son is one of the most gentle, caring people you will ever meet. I worry for him more than Megan in case he flips.”

I am worried for her.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 26.09.12 9:02

The mother (I think) of the teacher was on Daybreak earlier. She was saying she is concerned that the press coverage may cause him to 'flip out' as he has a history of it.

I am suddenly a lot more concerned than I have been for the safety of that girl.

edit: got beaten too it lol

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 26.09.12 9:28

Well let's face it, he already has "flipped out." His actions all along have been illegal, illogical and irrational, and point to him being mentally unstable. Megan on the other hand is just a 'not fully cooked' 16 year old... which isn't unusual at her age. I noticed Megan still had her school uniform on in the CCTV ferry pictures, and they are holding hands, which indicates their big escape plans aren't too slick either. Hopefully they will be found safe and well soon!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 26.09.12 9:37

@pennylane wrote:Well let's face it, he already has "flipped out." His actions all along have been illegal, illogical and irrational, and point to him being mentally unstable. Megan on the other hand is just a 'not fully cooked' 16 year old... which isn't unusual at her age. I noticed Megan still had her school uniform on in the CCTV ferry pictures, and they are holding hands, which indicates their big escape plans aren't too slick either. Hopefully they will be found safe and well soon!

Hopefully, with courage and damage limitation, they will return to make a calm assessment of where they are both at, before he/they get too panicky and do something silly and irreversible. It would not be good to do something impetuous at this point and compound the current problems.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 26.09.12 9:49

@bobbin wrote:
@pennylane wrote:Well let's face it, he already has "flipped out." His actions all along have been illegal, illogical and irrational, and point to him being mentally unstable. Megan on the other hand is just a 'not fully cooked' 16 year old... which isn't unusual at her age. I noticed Megan still had her school uniform on in the CCTV ferry pictures, and they are holding hands, which indicates their big escape plans aren't too slick either. Hopefully they will be found safe and well soon!

Hopefully, with courage and damage limitation, they will return to make a calm assessment of where they are both at, before he/they get too panicky and do something silly and irreversible. It would not be good to do something impetuous at this point and compound the current problems.

Indeed! I think his father, along with the police, should appeal to him directly, and skillfully try and assuage his fears. That can only help the situation, and it's critical sooner rather than later.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 26.09.12 9:53

@Pershing36 wrote:The mother (I think) of the teacher was on Daybreak earlier. She was saying she is concerned that the press coverage may cause him to 'flip out' as he has a history of it.

I am suddenly a lot more concerned than I have been for the safety of that girl.

edit: got beaten too it lol

Nice pic of him here. http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000028047487-o4550b-original.jpg

I see on his blog that he and his wife went to Japan around Easter where she was contracted to take food photographs. She, who he describes as his "better half" and "much cleverer than me", helped him launch his blog. Meanwhile he's playing around with his 15 year old pupil.

How married people live double lives is beyond me. Lying, cheating B's.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 26.09.12 12:28

Seems his wife likes to photograph the 'cute and colourful side of Japan'

http://www.hyperjapan.co.uk/photos/506-emily.html#.UGLmU41lQSG

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.09.12 15:43

@pennylane wrote:. . . I think his father, along with the police, should appeal to him directly, and skillfully try and assuage his fears. That can only help the situation, and it's critical sooner rather than later.
I think that is going to be a bit dificult.

Come home, and be branded a pederast, lose your job and probably your freedom for quite a long time, become unemployed and permanently unemployable, go on the Sex Offenders register, be named publicly wherever you live under Sarah's Law, . . .
I can't think of any words or promises which would assuage anything.

Interestingly, despite the huge difference in the age of consent across Europe, the age for marriage is fairly universally 18. Only a few allow 16 with parental consent, one of those being England !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 26.09.12 16:40

@PeterMac wrote:
@pennylane wrote:. . . I think his father, along with the police, should appeal to him directly, and skillfully try and assuage his fears. That can only help the situation, and it's critical sooner rather than later.
I think that is going to be a bit dificult.

Come home, and be branded a pederast, lose your job and probably your freedom for quite a long time, become unemployed and permanently unemployable, go on the Sex Offenders register, be named publicly wherever you live under Sarah's Law, . . .
I can't think of any words or promises which would assuage anything.

Interestingly, despite the huge difference in the age of consent across Europe, the age for marriage is fairly universally 18. Only a few allow 16 with parental consent, one of those being England !

The teacher has definitely gotten himself into big heap of trouble. If he hadn't gone AWOL with Megan, he may have been brought before one of those half witted, lenient judges.... but now the eyes of everyone will be on the legal process in the event he is found and brought to justice. I realise there aren't any "promises" that can be given to him at this juncture, but a gentle word from his mum or dad might make a significant difference to his state of mind.... and bringing Megan home and handing himself in would go somewhat in his favour.

Yes, with parental consent, youngsters can marry at 16 in the UK, to a much older partner... so it rather sends out a mixed message.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 26.09.12 18:01

I reckon he should call in Julian Assange. He is good at avoiding sexual cases.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum