The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Post by Guest on 02.10.12 23:01

@Pershing36 wrote: [...] For example using her mothers passport, would a 15 year old really think she could pass for 37? [...]
Not saying anything about the discussion here tonight, but would want to draw attention to something, which drew my attention: Yes, obviously she passed customs as a 37-year-old. Have you seen her pictures? I couldn't have guessed her real age ...

Having said that: I really think it was unwise and immature to run off with a minor. He should have imagined what the outcome could have been, for himself, but especially for her ...

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.10.12 23:06

@Pershing36 wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Either I have missed the point here or it is being suggested (as is my understanding) that there are mitigating circumstances for forming a relationship with a minor in the guise of love. An adult male having a relationship with a girl of 14/15 without sex is hard for me to believe. An adult man has any number of options for a sexual relationship with consenting adult participants. An adult male (especially an educated one) can't possibly imo have anything to gain intellectually or fruitfully from a 14/15 year old girl. An adult male can't function as an adult male in a covert relationship. An adult male who seeks to have a relationship with a minor imo is a paedophile. An adult male surely knows that a girl of 14/15 is not fully formed as a person. Just my opinion. I was a victim of sexual abuse. Let me tell you that you can wrap it up anyway you like it. You can stick bows and bells on it, make excuses for it but the modus operandi never changes.

I am not suggesting Forrest did this. I'm merely speaking of my experience and voicing my opinion.

aquila you are so right with this statement. Anyway if the papers reports are to believed they shared double beds in every hotel they stayed in. I would be very surprised if they hadn't engaged in full sex, and on the very unlikelihood they didn't I am sure they did more than play tiddlywinks all evening. It seems likely they thought they would never be caught, and a certain amount of pre-planning seems to have taken place. For example using her mothers passport, would a 15 year old really think she could pass for 37? The CV's he had prepared, the booking into the rooms whilst she waited out side. Sorry but I don't believe this was the planning of a 15 year old, this is clearly of a manipulative adult controlling somebody of a more vulnerable age.

I posted earlier today to say that it should first be established whether they had a sexual relationship. The one things paedophiles hate is being found out.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.10.12 4:35

@aquila wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:I dont know....

Am I the only one here with the opinion that an abduction charge in this case wont stick.

The definition of abduction is "to take a person away against the person's will".

She went and met with him alone and privately willingly presumably, alleging for maths tuition for seven long months and then was seen holding hands in the ferry crossing, seen happy and laughing together in France - is this image of an abducted person against their will? She seems a willing party to the liaison. She may be emotional young to know what she is doing is not normal.

It's not unusual for hormones raging teens to experiment with sex with the peers and didnt think anything about it. So when it comes to a relationship all range of emotions is at play no matter which age group. Age disparity between the pair would not make an iota of difference.

Not condoning the teacher or anything like that...but if one thinks about it, if she was 16 then the man can be any age even 60 for that matter and no law is broken. The law is there to protect the masses, but if the girl is indeed in love with him and will stick up for him...I think at most he will get a slap on the wrist as it's pointless to hurt her further by punishing him distressing her that the man she loves and who love her is punished for loving her a few months earlier than the law allowed.

Of course I hear what people are saying that if all adults in that kind of situation use *in love* as excuse when they start a relationship with a minor then where to draw the line. That said, there is exception to the rule. If he'd met her through the internet lying about his age then that's a completely different matter. As it is they knew each other and were into the relationship for months now, not as if France is their first time alone,

Especially if report is true, he was cold to his wife, which can only mean he didnt two time either one. Can only mean he was serious about Megan,
All my opinion of course. I think it really is a case of two hands clapping in this case. How the law is going to deal with him would be interesting, as exception or follow the rule?

I'm shocked by your opinion (although you are allowed it of course). This man who is a teacher took someone else's 15 year old child abroad without their permission. He had secretly formed an inappropriate and illegal relationship with her. It wasn't a case of a 'few months earlier than the law allowed'. To suggest she was complicit in anyway by perhaps being willing stuns me. IF this man has had a sexual relationship with Megan he is also a paedophile. This man in my opinion abducted Megan. He didn't introduce himself to her family did he? He didn't explain he was in love with their daughter did he? What he did was to take her to a foreign country.

You mention 'raging hormones' in teenage girls. Do you not think that teachers are trained to remain aloof and given clear guidelines in how to behave?

I happen to think he will have the book thrown at him. If Megan were my 15 year old daughter that is what I would expect from the judicial system in UK.

Just my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience aquila.

If you havent noticed I always advocate "put thing in its right context".
Sure, someone forcing himself on a minor is a criminal offence.
Until we hear both sides of the story I don' think this is going to be over.
Taking a minor overseas without parental consent against the minor's will IS abduction, BUT if she was a willing party who may (not saying she did but not out of realm of possibility) have some input in that idea of "running away to hide" as in if it was a collective agreement then that will put a different perspective on it.
Apparently his impending suspension precipitates their escape. They were both avoiding the consequences and of having to face reality.

Two people in love who can't help their chemistry attractant is natural that leads to the inevitable, but of course the teacher should have known better than to start anything while she's minor. He should have restrained himself and waited. For all I know he's a sicko but I would be dead surprised ....if...that....

About his music which one poster thought it was sick, while another thought he is a good musician, so it's subjective apparently.
Me? I have no comment since I have not checked it out.

Incidentally, what do people think of modern day pop songs?
Most are just sick and vile but they made it to 'top of chart' and remains top for a long time.
In those days we have 'Lucy in the sky with.... diamonds', What's a difference a day.........makes...', 'Daddy wont buy me a bow-wow' etc, all with covert lyrics hiding anatomy, sexual, drugs connotations.
By contrast we now have lyrics overt about it. So what has changed?

Take Lady Gaga 'Bad Romance' for example, have people seen the music video of it?
It is suggestive, graphic, and crude in some parts..Gaga and a bunch of women performing to a bunch of tattoos- covered butch criminal type looking men. In one part she was simulating clutching her crotch then simulating wanking.
Literally the lyrics is inviting this: " do it to me, even if you give me HIV, I dont care".
Cant get more disgusting than that yet it was not banned any where. She even got invited to play for the Queen IIRC.
That said, I actually like the song, I like the upbeat music. Gaga has a hugh talent for entertaining.
Just like I also like lucy in the sky and all those...

Part lyrics for Bad Romance...by Lady GaGa

I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it's free
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love)

I want your love and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oooh!)
I want your love and
All your lovers' revenge

I want your horror
I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal
As long as your mine
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love-uuhh)

I want your psycho
Your vertigo stick
Want you in my rear window
Baby you're sick
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
[

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 03.10.12 7:08

@aiyoyo wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:I dont know....

Am I the only one here with the opinion that an abduction charge in this case wont stick.

The definition of abduction is "to take a person away against the person's will".

She went and met with him alone and privately willingly presumably, alleging for maths tuition for seven long months and then was seen holding hands in the ferry crossing, seen happy and laughing together in France - is this image of an abducted person against their will? She seems a willing party to the liaison. She may be emotional young to know what she is doing is not normal.

It's not unusual for hormones raging teens to experiment with sex with the peers and didnt think anything about it. So when it comes to a relationship all range of emotions is at play no matter which age group. Age disparity between the pair would not make an iota of difference.

Not condoning the teacher or anything like that...but if one thinks about it, if she was 16 then the man can be any age even 60 for that matter and no law is broken. The law is there to protect the masses, but if the girl is indeed in love with him and will stick up for him...I think at most he will get a slap on the wrist as it's pointless to hurt her further by punishing him distressing her that the man she loves and who love her is punished for loving her a few months earlier than the law allowed.

Of course I hear what people are saying that if all adults in that kind of situation use *in love* as excuse when they start a relationship with a minor then where to draw the line. That said, there is exception to the rule. If he'd met her through the internet lying about his age then that's a completely different matter. As it is they knew each other and were into the relationship for months now, not as if France is their first time alone,

Especially if report is true, he was cold to his wife, which can only mean he didnt two time either one. Can only mean he was serious about Megan,
All my opinion of course. I think it really is a case of two hands clapping in this case. How the law is going to deal with him would be interesting, as exception or follow the rule?

I'm shocked by your opinion (although you are allowed it of course). This man who is a teacher took someone else's 15 year old child abroad without their permission. He had secretly formed an inappropriate and illegal relationship with her. It wasn't a case of a 'few months earlier than the law allowed'. To suggest she was complicit in anyway by perhaps being willing stuns me. IF this man has had a sexual relationship with Megan he is also a paedophile. This man in my opinion abducted Megan. He didn't introduce himself to her family did he? He didn't explain he was in love with their daughter did he? What he did was to take her to a foreign country.

You mention 'raging hormones' in teenage girls. Do you not think that teachers are trained to remain aloof and given clear guidelines in how to behave?

I happen to think he will have the book thrown at him. If Megan were my 15 year old daughter that is what I would expect from the judicial system in UK.

Just my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience aquila.

If you havent noticed I always advocate "put thing in its right context".
Taking a minor overseas without parental consent against the minor's will IS abduction, BUT if she was a willing party who may (not saying she did but not out of realm of possibility) have some input in that idea of "running away to hide" as in if it was a collective agreement then that will put a different perspective on it.
Apparently his impending suspension precipitates their escape. They were both avoiding the consequences and of having to face reality.

Two people in love who can't help their chemistry attractant is natural that leads to the inevitable, but of course the teacher should have known better than to start anything while she's minor. He should have restrained himself and waited. For all I know he's a sicko but I would be dead surprised ....if...that....

About his music which one poster thought it was sick, while another thought he is a good musician, so it's subjective apparently.
Me? I have no comment since I have not checked it out.

Incidentally, what do people think of modern day pop songs?
Most are just sick and vile but they made it to 'top of chart' and remains top for a long time.
In those days we have 'Lucy in the sky with.... diamonds', What's a difference a day.........makes...', 'Daddy wont buy me a bow-wow' etc, all with covert lyrics hiding anatomy, sexual, drugs connotations.
By contrast we now have lyrics overt about it. So what has changed?

Take Lady Gaga 'Bad Romance' for example, have people seen the music video of it?
It is suggestive, graphic, and crude in some parts..Gaga and a bunch of women performing to a bunch of tattoos- covered butch criminal type looking men. In one part she was simulating clutching her crotch then simulating wanking.
Literally the lyrics is inviting this: " do it to me, even if you give me HIV, I dont care".
Cant get more disgusting than that yet it was not banned any where. She even got invited to play for the Queen IIRC.
That said, I actually like the song, I like the upbeat music. Gaga has a hugh talent for entertaining.
Just like I also like lucy in the sky and all those...

Part lyrics for Bad Romance...by Lady GaGa

I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it's free
I want your love

I want your love and
I want your revenge
(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oooh!)
I want your love and
All your lovers' revenge

I want your horror
I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal
As long as your mine
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love-uuhh)

I want your psycho
Your vertigo stick
Want you in my rear window
Baby you're sick
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
[

Check it out then and make your comment. Lady Gaga is crude and disgusting, the teacher's music is about death, blood, blue hands, then comment on whether you think Megan had a good companion for life.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.10.12 7:30

Give me the link again please.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.10.12 8:00

Snipped from Aiyoyo's post

''If you havent noticed I always advocate "put thing in its right context".

Two people in love who can't help their chemistry attractant is natural that leads to the inevitable, but of course the teacher should have known better than to start anything while she's minor. He should have restrained himself and waited. For all I know he's a sicko but I would be dead surprised ....if...that....''

This is where my opinion is very different from yours Aiyoyo. I think any adult male who has a sexual relationship with a minor, knowing they are a minor is a paedophile even if they don't need to 'force' themselves onto the child. To my mind there is no 'willing party' cop out clause because he/she may seem mature for their age/looks older/is nearing the age of consent. To fall in love with a minor you have to form a relationship with them, a relationship that as an adult you have chosen to pursue in the first place, knowing they are a minor. If that relationship were ok then the relationship would be overt but it's not like that. It is secretive. It removes the minor from a relationship with their friends and family. It foists upon a minor the problems of the adult getting caught out. It places a minor in a silent little world. Just taking this case in particular, (I am NOT saying there was anything sexual between Forrest and Megan), how did Forrest's actions affect Megan?

1. Did it affect her relationships with her friends and family?

Well it's almost a certainty that it did imo.

2. Did it affect her concentration on schoolwork, her long term educational choices and her relationship with other teachers?

Another almost certainty imo.

3. Did it cause her to be secretive and do things completely 'out of character'?

I'd take a fairly safe be on that one.

4. Did it cause her to become co-dependent?

another affirmitive I'd take a guess on. One of the things that strikes me as a strong possibility is a 15 year old was urged to leave her friends and family, 'elope' for want of a better word to a foreign country to avoid the 'love of her life' being caught/the relationship to end. Not things a 15 year old should ever have to consider.

The list is as long as your arm.

And all because a 30 year old teacher chose not to control himself.

All the above is my humble opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.10.12 19:31

10 October 2012 Last updated at 19:27

Megan Stammers: Jeremy Forrest charged with child abduction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19905205

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on 10.10.12 20:13

candyfloss wrote:10 October 2012 Last updated at 19:27

I happen to be looking through government websites since I have to renew my kids' passport.

Technically they are right to charge him with child abduction.
Here is the link to the government website:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applyingforaneworrenewedchildpassport/DG_174106

It is a crime for anyone 'connected with a child' under 16 to take or
send that child out of the UK without 'appropriate consent'. This is set
out in the Child Abduction Act 1984.

Still, I feel at that age it's not the same thing as with April Jones.
I stick to my opinion that he was utterly stupid not to have waited for another couple of months or so.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.10.12 21:07

@Julchen wrote:
candyfloss wrote:10 October 2012 Last updated at 19:27

I happen to be looking through government websites since I have to renew my kids' passport.

Technically they are right to charge him with child abduction.
Here is the link to the government website:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applyingforaneworrenewedchildpassport/DG_174106

It is a crime for anyone 'connected with a child' under 16 to take or
send that child out of the UK without 'appropriate consent'. This is set
out in the Child Abduction Act 1984.

Still, I feel at that age it's not the same thing as with April Jones.
I stick to my opinion that he was utterly stupid not to have waited for another couple of months or so.

Jule

At 15 years of age in UK your child is about to take GCSE's. Your child (yes at 15 you are a child) goes to school to be educated in order to have a future. At what point is it acceptable for a teacher to ever be excused from having a relationship with your child?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.10.12 22:49

But didn't her own father say, that he shouldn't be prosecuted, because they were [stupidly?] in love ... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 11.10.12 9:16

Don't you love the way they are now saying "a 15 years old, who we are not allowed to name for legal reasons" !!!!!!
The law really is an ass.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.10.12 9:56

If anyone with a 15 year old daughter/son thinks it is ok to send them to a school/educational establishment where there are defined rules for the conduct of teachers (age constraints are even higher than 15) can ever think it is ok for a teacher to form an inappropriate/perhaps sexual relationship/fall in love/abduct/take the child to a foreign country and there is a 'romantic' element to this then I want to leave the planet.

I ask myself how would I feel if it were my child. I doubt very much if I would have any tolerance for a teacher who broke so many rules.

For those that think there is a 'romance/love' thing here that can possibly be forgiven, I ask them to seriously consider putting themselves in the place of the parent of a 15 year old and ask themselves what they consider 'romantic/love affair' about this.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.06.13 12:09

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-06-10/jeremy-forrest-trial-schoolgirl-alleged-abduction/

The trial starts today.

It will be interesting to hear if the relationship is still ongoing - the girl will be 16 by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.06.13 12:14

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-06-10/jeremy-forrest-trial-schoolgirl-alleged-abduction/

The trial starts today.

It will be interesting to hear if the relationship is still ongoing - the girl will be 16 by now.

Thank you NFWTD, I've been wondering when this would come to trial.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.06.13 17:20

He's been found guilty of abduction and will be sentenced tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.06.13 17:28

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He's been found guilty of abduction and will be sentenced tomorrow.

Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345023/Married-teacher-Jeremy-Forrest-guilty-abducting-schoolgirl-lover-15-fled-France.html

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.06.13 18:47

Very interesting that they did not push the USI. In France of course they committed no offence, and I would guess that they did not wish to confuse the jury with having to work out what was an offence on what day, when, and why.
He is said to have mouthed "I love you" as he was taken down, and her evidence was as gentle and supportive as it could be.

Does anyone else find it slightly stupid that we were given the girl's name and all her details and that of her family at the time, and there are pages of it on google, but suddenly the law goes all coy and says "can't be named for legal reasons." Surname was the same as a common speech defect, for people who have forgotten.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.06.13 21:54

@PeterMac wrote:Very interesting that they did not push the USI.   In France of course they committed no offence, and I would guess that they did not wish to confuse the jury with having to work out what was an offence on what day, when, and why.
He is said to have mouthed "I love you" as he was taken down, and her evidence was as gentle and supportive as it could be.

Does anyone else find it slightly stupid that we were given the girl's name and all her details and that of her family at the time, and there are pages of it on google, but suddenly the law goes all coy and says "can't be named for legal reasons.
"  Surname was the same as a common speech defect, for people who have forgotten.

Yep that sounds about right.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.06.13 6:20

@PeterMac wrote:Don't you love the way they are now saying "a 15 years old, who we are not allowed to name for legal reasons"  !!!!!!
The law really is an ass.

And her photo had been plastered all over the front pages for days back then.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.06.13 7:28

And there are still 20 odd pages in google, with all the links still up and running.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.06.13 8:34

Proving the law is such an ass.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.06.13 8:56

@PeterMac wrote:Very interesting that they did not push the USI.   In France of course they committed no offence, and I would guess that they did not wish to confuse the jury with having to work out what was an offence on what day, when, and why.

Does anyone else find it slightly stupid that we were given the girl's name and all her details and that of her family at the time, and there are pages of it on google, but suddenly the law goes all coy and says "can't be named for legal reasons."  Surname was the same as a common speech defect, for people who have forgotten.

I'm stammering to find that common speech defect PeterMac, is it "Lisp" or "Stutter".Mrs

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.06.13 9:01

I don't suppose that Sun readers will remember that she was ever named. Judging by the way the tabloids regurgitate old McCann stories they must think we all have memory loss.

I don't want to give Peaches Geldof any ideas for more baby names but it was something like Vegan Slammers, I think.......

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.06.13 9:06

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I don't suppose that Sun readers will remember that she was ever named. Judging by the way the tabloids regurgitate old McCann stories they must think we all have memory loss.

I don't want to give Peaches Geldof any ideas for more baby names but it was something like Vegan Slammers, I think.......
laughat big grin

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.06.13 9:12

Are we allowed to post a previous link, because most of them include the name ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum