The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Post by Pershing36 on 24.09.12 12:16

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19698726

Sadly a case of another person who was trusted to look after children and has abused the trust.

The school in the story I have actually worked at in the past. I sometimes felt that the teachers were pals with the students rather than just the authoritative figures. One teacher had their class at their wedding and reception, another use to go out and lunch with the older ones.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maths teacher runs off with pupil.

Post by Spaniel on 24.09.12 12:32

@Pershing36 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19698726

Sadly a case of another person who was trusted to look after children and has abused the trust.

The school in the story I have actually worked at in the past. I sometimes felt that the teachers were pals with the students rather than just the authoritative figures. One teacher had their class at their wedding and reception, another use to go out and lunch with the older ones.
Good grief. There always a fine line that mustn't be crossed, but I consider those examples to be way over.

As daft as mothers who treat their daughters as mates, it always comes back to bite them later.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.09.12 14:42

Interesting that he chose France, where the age of consent is 15.
How are they going to get the French police interested, unless they put her up as another "Abduction".
Everyone is 'desperately worried" even though in the next sentence they all admit she is probably in no danger. (OK - moral danger if you are English, but not if you are French, Belgian, German, Dutch, Spanish etc)
Give it another 72 hours.
By then he will have to start talking to her, which with a 15 year old is not that interesting - like - yer know - like
Track his credit cards and bank card for withdrawals, (unless they have been stolen !)
and get the pings on his mobile phone.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 24.09.12 16:32

Can anyone remember the 14-year old who fell in love with a Turkish waiter when on holiday there with her parents? Her parents just left her there and went home. The social services alerted by the school got the girl home, by which time she was pregnant and wearing a headscarf. Don't know what happened after that. Gormless parents.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.09.12 18:59

I think that the girl you're referring to Tigger was Sarah Cook.

www.independent.co.uk/news/mother-of-bride-13-faces-turkish-police-1325484.html

I also found a more recent case.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/dec/13/turkey.world

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 24.09.12 19:06

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that he chose France, where the age of consent is 15.
How are they going to get the French police interested, unless they put her up as another "Abduction".
Everyone is 'desperately worried" even though in the next sentence they all admit she is probably in no danger. (OK - moral danger if you are English, but not if you are French, Belgian, German, Dutch, Spanish etc)
Give it another 72 hours.
By then he will have to start talking to her, which with a 15 year old is not that interesting - like - yer know - like
Track his credit cards and bank card for withdrawals, (unless they have been stolen !)
and get the pings on his mobile phone.

Someone else we know says 'like-yer know-like' but she's just turned 40.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.09.12 19:07

44 to be exact!

Can you imagine going to a doctor who speaks like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 24.09.12 20:11

I wonder if Megan is pregnant.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 24.09.12 21:28

@pennylane wrote:I wonder if Megan is pregnant.

Well, the teacher is 30 years old and got married last year, so it ain't lookin' good for someone.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 25.09.12 8:43

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 25.09.12 9:39

@bobbin wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I wonder if Megan is pregnant.

Well, the teacher is 30 years old and got married last year, so it ain't lookin' good for someone.

Poor wife aye? I expect someone has offered her a tidy sum for an exclusive..

They may have gone into hiding until Megan turns 16, and that is why I thought perhaps she might be pregnant.... Anyway, she looks very mature for her age, and in her young mind she's no doubt certain she is 'in lurve.' If the pair are separated... this will intensify that love, and in the end I reckon they will get together one way or another.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.09.12 11:33

@pennylane wrote:. . .
They may have gone into hiding until Megan turns 16, and that is why I thought perhaps she might be pregnant.... Anyway, she looks very mature for her age, and in her young mind she's no doubt certain she is 'in lurve.' If the pair are separated... this will intensify that love, and in the end I reckon they will get together one way or another.
One or two of the papers keep publishing the story about the parent's dysfunctional life together, with constant very noisy rows disturbing the neighbours and so on.
Was she running away to a better life, with someone who did not shout; with someone who treated her with respect; with someone with whom she feels safe ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.09.12 11:40

@PeterMac wrote:
One or two of the papers keep publishing the story about the parent's dysfunctional life together, with constant very noisy rows disturbing the neighbours and so on.
Was she running away to a better life, with someone who did not shout; with someone who treated her with respect; with someone with whom she feels safe ?

Well if she was she was certainly prey to at best a child abductor. A teacher (married) 30 years of age, professionally trained to teach children who absconds with a 15 year old. A teacher who if he has any sort of knowledge of home problems of his pupil has a host of options to report it and do the right thing. I'm not buying it. She has been failed by her school and abducted by a man who is a potential paedophile. This girl has done nothing wrong. The adults around her have a lot to answer to.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 11:41

Apparently the school knew about the affair 7 months ago!! They were seen holding hands and hugging on a flight back from LA.. Blimey school trips have changed since I was at school.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 25.09.12 11:48

@PeterMac wrote:
Weren't the rows between the teacher and his wife?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 11:50

More I hear the more I think my opinions of the head teacher were correct at the time.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.09.12 11:58

@Pershing36 wrote:More I hear the more I think my opinions of the head teacher were correct at the time.

Sorry Pershing36 I've missed the opinions of the headteacher. Can you give me a pointer?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 25.09.12 12:03

It was said on TV today that no European papers are carrying this story, so they could be gone for some time.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 12:05

@aquila wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:More I hear the more I think my opinions of the head teacher were correct at the time.

Sorry Pershing36 I've missed the opinions of the headteacher. Can you give me a pointer?

Well I wont go into my specific problems I had. However the failure to address the concerns of the other pupils towards this relationship that had been going on some considerable time doesn't give you the most confidence in him.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.09.12 12:20

@Pershing36 wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Well I wont go into my specific problems I had. However the failure to address the concerns of the other pupils towards this relationship that had been going on some considerable time doesn't give you the most confidence in him.

There will be a lot of activity in that school today that has nothing to do with educating children. There will be staff who are pulling out records as we speak. There will be non-specific/hushed conversations in offices and corridors. There will be 'discomfort' in the staff room. There will be telephone calls from advisors and perhaps crisis management professionals. There will be lots of conversation in the classroom/facebook/twitter from the pupils.

Just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 25.09.12 12:35

@aquila wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:
@aquila wrote:

There will be a lot of activity in that school today that has nothing to do with educating children. There will be staff who are pulling out records as we speak. There will be non-specific/hushed conversations in offices and corridors. There will be 'discomfort' in the staff room. There will be telephone calls from advisors and perhaps crisis management professionals. There will be lots of conversation in the classroom/facebook/twitter from the pupils.

Just my opinion.
Sounds like the day before an Ofsted inspection aquila.

I asked a child in the Village once why no school today? She told me school was closed for the day in preparation for the Ofsted inspection.

Can teachers not see the irony in pupils missing a day of education to be assessed?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 25.09.12 12:45

@aquila wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Well if she was she was certainly prey to at best a child abductor. A teacher (married) 30 years of age, professionally trained to teach children who absconds with a 15 year old. A teacher who if he has any sort of knowledge of home problems of his pupil has a host of options to report it and do the right thing. I'm not buying it. She has been failed by her school and abducted by a man who is a potential paedophile. This girl has done nothing wrong. The adults around her have a lot to answer to.

I agree with everything you have said Aquila! The confusing thing is that kids can marry at 16 with parental consent, and the law doesn't specify an age for the spouse.... which makes it all a bit wishy washy. The law is vague and confusing to say the least... but then the law is an ass, which is why the gruesome twosome are still free to roam (imo).

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 25.09.12 12:58

@PeterMac wrote:

At 15 a lot of teenagers feel the world is conspiring against them. It's an awkward age to say the least, when you think you're grown up, but your parents still treat you like a child.... which of course you really are. I myself ran away at 15 for a brief spell because I felt angry and frustrated by the way I was treated. I left home as soon as I could actually, so I totally get where you're coming from.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 25.09.12 13:16

@Spaniel wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Weren't the rows between the teacher and his wife?

Yes the newspaper reports were relating to the teacher and his wife, with police called to several domestic disturbances and a neighbour stating that the teacher had a bad temper apparently.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 25.09.12 13:20

Just picked this off the BBC site.

Ms Wilson has revealed that Megan had been receiving extra-curricular maths lessons since before the summer, but the family did not suspect there was any relationship between her and Mr Forrest, a married amateur musician from Ringmer, near Lewes.

Makes you wonder like it was said earlier on here she was indeed pregnant.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum