The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by butterfly23 on 20.09.12 20:18

...i have noticed that i have read A FEW DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS OF WHEN THE CANNS moved from glasgow-  it would seem it was around 2002..? i understand gerry was an 'expert' in sports /health issues at this time. i have also become aware that it seems he was put on a 'register' at this time- although the file is strangely 'empty'... how could he continue work as a doctor if this was true  ? was the issue of his name appearing on the register before or after they moved south- and what exactly was he working as at this time  ??? how could he contine work as a doctor if this file is genuine-  how could it be kept so quiet- was this why they left glasgow... ??? please - if anyone can throw any light on this-  would like a better picture of their movements at this time.... thankyou !!! ...

butterfly23

Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : BRITAIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Ross on 20.09.12 20:51

@butterfly23 wrote: how could he continue work as a doctor if this was true ?

Hello and welcome!

As to your question; with friends in the right places all kinds of things are possible...

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by tigger on 21.09.12 9:31

It's an interesting thought. I've always thought they were very keen to get away from the UK.
They wanted to stay in Portugal imo, see the topic on 'the original plan?'

So it is an interesting speculation - the protection afforded them in the UK was sufficient, but being out of the UK altogether would be better?
Having to return to the UK thanks to the PJ was not going to be the best outcome for anyone, so that the protection had to be increased as it were?
All musings and theory here, Kev, Nev, Trev and Tracy....

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.09.12 10:38

@butterfly23 wrote: ...i have noticed that i have read A FEW DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS OF WHEN THE CANNS moved from glasgow- it would seem it was around 2002..? i understand gerry was an 'expert' in sports /health issues at this time. i have also become aware that it seems he was put on a 'register' at this time- although the file is strangely 'empty'... how could he continue work as a doctor if this was true ? was the issue of his name appearing on the register before or after they moved south- and what exactly was he working as at this time ??? how could he contine work as a doctor if this file is genuine- how could it be kept so quiet- was this why they left glasgow... ??? please - if anyone can throw any light on this- would like a better picture of their movements at this time.... thankyou !!! ...

Kate says in her book, that they took the decision to move south in 2000, to enable Gerry to take up a training post in cardiology, 'positions that were hard to come by', according to her.

She doesn't mention when they actually did move.

Kate herself at the time 'had been promoted to a registrar post in anaesthetics in Glasgow and was -again according to Kate herself- working hard to complete her postgraduate examns or "fellowship".

Apparently it was possible for her to transfer from Glasgow to Leicester within six months. She doesn't say six months from what.

Shortly after moving south -to Queniborough, she decided to leave anaesthetics even though she was happy in it.

Stated reason: their quality of life would suffer but also their chances of having a child, if both of them continue to work as hospital specialists.

She still wanted to finish her anaestethics fellowship, however, and she did, even though this was no longer required for her next job, training as a GP.

She says she first met Fiona Payne in december 2000 at Leicester General Intensive Care Unit, where they were both anaestethic registrars at the time, she -Kate- having passed her anaestethic fellowship that very day.

Nothing untoward here, by the looks of it.

But why continue specializing in anaesthetics if that's not required of you, and you don't need it for your nect job as a (locum) GP?

It can't have been easy, as "it entailed loads of work and everybody told me I was crazy to carry on with it"

So: why do this, without any reason for it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by tigger on 21.09.12 13:03

Someone here is bound to know how to look this up. Kate being an anaesthetist seems to be not entirely true.
A member of MM looked it up and found there were no further qualifications listed for K.M.. Healy.

Kate and Gerry were given higher qualifications than they actually possess in the early days.
Gerry as a heart surgeon and Kate as an anaesthetist. From time to time I read in comments of the Daily Mail things like: 'How dare you say such a thing about people who have dedicated their lives to saving people.'

You can't improve on that...

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the mccanns go south..........

Post by butterfly23 on 21.09.12 17:55

i have recently started reading up again on the mccann case- in the years since the ''abduction'' a lot has been written about the mccanns- but it seems the mccanns themselves are as vague as ever... even tho they do a lot of talking.....in order to 'keep the case open ' !!! i remember at the time of the ''abduction'' that it was stated often that dr gerry was from glasgow....but to this day its still quite unclear about when & why he moved south....their circumstances at the time & the dates they moved are different in various accounts of their story. wonder if the issue of his name being placed on a ''register'' is from before they moved- perhaps it is the reason why they chose to move ? its still unclear what he was doing at this time- they are very good at covering details up !!!! thankyou to all who commented on my post- this is indeed a mystery which needs looked into further- i do intend to continue looking at this case myself- THANKYOU for all your help !!! x

butterfly23

Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : BRITAIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.09.12 18:00

@butterfly23 wrote:i have recently started reading up again on the mccann case- in the years since the ''abduction'' a lot has been written about the mccanns- but it seems the mccanns themselves are as vague as ever... even tho they do a lot of talking.....in order to 'keep the case open ' !!! i remember at the time of the ''abduction'' that it was stated often that dr gerry was from glasgow....but to this day its still quite unclear about when & why he moved south....their circumstances at the time & the dates they moved are different in various accounts of their story. wonder if the issue of his name being placed on a ''register'' is from before they moved- perhaps it is the reason why they chose to move ? its still unclear what he was doing at this time- they are very good at covering details up !!!! thankyou to all who commented on my post- this is indeed a mystery which needs looked into further- i do intend to continue looking at this case myself- THANKYOU for all your help !!! x


Kevin?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by dentdelion on 21.09.12 22:43

Just to repeat before someone else does! Gerry is not a heart surgeon but a cardiologist. He would be a consultant or specialist in matters relating to the heart but he would refer patients on to a surgeon for any 'hands on' work.

dentdelion

Posts : 129
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mccanns in glasgow...

Post by butterfly23 on 24.09.12 0:56

from what i read - doctor gerry studied at glasgow uni- he met kate while they trained in glasgow western infirmary- he then lectured in sports medicine / worked as a cardiologist / spent time as the doctor with celtic fc..??? round about 2002 they moved south.....but not sure of exact details- story varies in different versions- ????? but- for a young man he seemed to be doing very well- is there more to the reason they suddenly moved away from glasgow ...????? anyone know more about what he was doing in glasgow before they moved south..????

____________________
to be good at telling lies... ...you need to have a good memory...!!!

butterfly23

Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : BRITAIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by jd on 24.09.12 1:00

gerry mccann was in the news in 2000 re drugs in sport/athletics

Dr Gerry McCann, a lecturer in sports medicine at the Centre for Exercise Science and Medicine at Glasgow University, said the list of banned substances was so comprehensive that it was highly unlikely that an athlete could take a legal substance, but register a positive result in a doping test.

However, he said there were two areas that could catch athletes out.

Some cold and cough remedies include banned stimulants such as ephedrin and pseudo-ephedrin.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_depth/2000/drugs_in_sport/859465.stm

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 24.09.12 10:21

@butterfly23 wrote:from what i read - doctor gerry studied at glasgow uni- he met kate while they trained in glasgow western infirmary- he then lectured in sports medicine / worked as a cardiologist / spent time as the doctor with celtic fc..??? round about 2002 they moved south.....but not sure of exact details- story varies in different versions- ????? but- for a young man he seemed to be doing very well- is there more to the reason they suddenly moved away from glasgow ...????? anyone know more about what he was doing in glasgow before they moved south..????

Sorry, Butterfly, Kate emphasizes they moved south in 2000, not 2002. She says she first met Fiona there in december on the very day she got her fellowship in anaesthetics. She suggests she had to study for six months outside of Glasgow, or having left Glasgow. So that would put her leaving Glasgow somewhere around mid 2000.

Strangely, she doesn't mention a single fixed date enabling one to check the veracity of her statements.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Springers are FAB on 24.09.12 10:26

Hi everyone
He was definitely working at Glenfield hospital in 2001 as so was I at the time. I only met him once though. Hope this helps to clarify....but not sure when he actually came to Leicestershire.
Ollie

____________________

"Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality."
(T.S. Eliot, Burnt Norton)

Springers are FAB

Posts : 60
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-08-23
Location : Leicestershire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mccanns move south...

Post by butterfly23 on 24.09.12 23:08

thankyou- trying to put together an idea of their movements at this time- as always many things remain unclear= which is always the case with this family.... cheers !!!

____________________
to be good at telling lies... ...you need to have a good memory...!!!

butterfly23

Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : BRITAIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.04.13 13:49

@jd wrote:gerry mccann was in the news in 2000 re drugs in sport/athletics

Dr Gerry McCann, a lecturer in sports medicine at the Centre for Exercise Science and Medicine at Glasgow University, said the list of banned substances was so comprehensive that it was highly unlikely that an athlete could take a legal substance, but register a positive result in a doping test.

However, he said there were two areas that could catch athletes out.

Some cold and cough remedies include banned stimulants such as ephedrin and pseudo-ephedrin.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_depth/2000/drugs_in_sport/859465.stm


Sorry, forget the name of the (histamine) substance we discussed 2-3 weeks ago.

As GM studied banned substances, even lecturing in them, and as he therefor clearly was an expert on banned substances:
then how come he feigns the (anti?-)histamine accompanying the McCs on their week long holiday was current in 2007, instead of having been banned many years before, as causing cardiorythms as they were proven to do?

Again, why did they take this letal and scrapped stuff on this holiday?

And: did the McCs administer it to their children?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by PeterMac on 21.04.13 13:54

terfenadine.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.04.13 14:19

@Portia wrote:[...]

Again, why did they take this lethal and scrapped stuff on this holiday?

And: did the McCs administer it to their children?
***
To quote a [French] doctor, when I was opposing to take a certain medication, as there were quite a number of undesirable side-effects: "If the odds are that it's going to work for me and cure me are bigger than the chances it may kill me, I WILL TAKE IT." There you have it ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.04.13 16:21

Chatty dear,

How are the odds on your sneezing a little bit because of non-existing pollen in the South of Portugal in spring, as compared to the proven fact of you getting a cardiac arrest brought on by a dose of Terfenadine (thanks PM!) combatting that little sneeze?

And the question remains: how did they lay their hands on this 3-PH stuff when it was banned for years?!

How could GM NOT have known it was banned, and how could he NOT have known the reasons for that (cardiologist, paperwriter, teacher and all)

So, bear with me, please; Why did he see fit to take a banned substance with cardiorisk with him abroad, on a (mere) 6-day holiday with 3 baby-toddlers, every consecqutive night left with this lethal stuff, left to their own devices in a foreign environment, a darkened room, without any parent in sight?

Let's image for a moment little Maddie waking up after milk& biscuits, of even not being able to catch some sleep after the Kate-cum-twins carousing on het bed (after she had been tucked in)

The child wakes up, say, gets out of bed -making the bed as she goes along, of course- ambles over to her parents room as she apparenly, according to her father was wont to. There she opens a drawer, a cupboard, a blue sports bag; lo and behold: some sweets to console her.

Little does the infant (3yrs of age) understand that these sweets are the banned cardiorisky stuff her parents thought appropriate to take with them on this family holiday.

Heck: even I don't understand why they brought them in the first place!

Does anyone?

Oh, perish the thought: do these 'histamines' bring on cardiac arrest in a toddler, if administered on purpose?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Nina on 21.04.13 17:02

@Portia wrote:Chatty dear,

How are the odds on your sneezing a little bit because of non-existing pollen in the South of Portugal in spring, as compared to the proven fact of you getting a cardiac arrest brought on by a dose of Terfenadine (thanks PM!) combatting that little sneeze?

And the question remains: how did they lay their hands on this 3-PH stuff when it was banned for years?!

How could GM NOT have known it was banned, and how could he NOT have known the reasons for that (cardiologist, paperwriter, teacher and all)

So, bear with me, please; Why did he see fit to take a banned substance with cardiorisk with him abroad, on a (mere) 6-day holiday with 3 baby-toddlers, every consecqutive night left with this lethal stuff, left to their own devices in a foreign environment, a darkened room, without any parent in sight?

Let's image for a moment little Maddie waking up after milk& biscuits, of even not being able to catch some sleep after the Kate-cum-twins carousing on het bed (after she had been tucked in)

The child wakes up, say, gets out of bed -making the bed as she goes along, of course- ambles over to her parents room as she apparenly, according to her father was wont to. There she opens a drawer, a cupboard, a blue sports bag; lo and behold: some sweets to console her.

Little does the infant (3yrs of age) understand that these sweets are the banned cardiorisky stuff her parents thought appropriate to take with them on this family holiday.

Heck: even I don't understand why they brought them in the first place!

Does anyone?

Oh, perish the thought: do these 'histamines' bring on cardiac arrest in a toddler, if administered on purpose?

And why did Kate say that she ensured all the medicines were put back into the clasped bag and then safely stowed away. As I have commented before on this statement to put back means that they were out of the clasped bag, so why? There is no mention of either her or Gerry requiring to take a dose, so why were they out?

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2694
Reputation : 239
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by sami on 21.04.13 17:41

Even if Gerry was not up to date with the status of this drug, surely Kate as a GP would be made aware of which drugs are withdrawn from use. These are drugs quite likely to be prescribed by a GP.

Regardless, where did they get them ? If they were not for sale, then they could only have been obtained in another manner, which in itself says they must have known there were issues with the drug.

I'm no mastermind but the fact that I cannot buy heroin in my local chemist leads me to believe it is not legal.

So I would like to know why it was a preferred drug ? What were the perceived benefits to having it as opposed to the many other similar types of drugs available, either over the counter or on prescription. Obtaining any type of legal medication available on the open market would not be a problem for the McCanns given their profession. Why use one no longer sold ?

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.04.13 18:13

Let's investigate this whole thing a little further.

Chemists on the Forum?

If you administer enough of this cardiokiller to cause death, would that leave traces in the corpse?

Indelicate, sorry for that, but let's find out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 21.04.13 18:37

I looked into this. What I understand is that it is low residue and metabolises quickly. I looked into a while ago but various googling for drug residue in post mortem cases etc throws up a few things. Nothing as I recall definitive about this drug, I guess most of the evidence comes from medications commonly used in suicides etc. But, I do remember that there has to generally be long term use of a medication for it to leaves trace in bones.

However if someone had an underlying heart issue, terfenadine being linked to arrhythmia, I speculate that 1 single tablet could trigger off something. Also, terfenadine's lethal aspect is enhanced by grapefruit juice, and the combination is very dangerous. Specifically grapefruit juice.


____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Guest on 21.04.13 18:52

As opposed to milk & biscuits I suppose.

What did the good nennies at the club serve the children entrusted to their care with?

Do we have access to the feeding/beverage records of the kids clubs?

PS:

A Nanny would train at around 8-10K per year;
These people posing as Nannies at the Club were just that: nennies. IMO, of course.

Could that explain why they were shipped out within days after the incident?

Still, only asking questions, you see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Nina on 21.04.13 19:00

@Portia wrote:As opposed to milk & biscuits I suppose.

What did the good nennies at the club serve the children entrusted to their care with?

Do we have access to the feeding/beverage records of the kids clubs?

PS:

A Nanny would train at around 8-10K per year;
These people posing as Nannies at the Club were just that: nennies. IMO, of course.

Could that explain why they were shipped out within days after the incident?

Still, only asking questions, you see.

And very good ones too Portia. I have a feeling that they were maybe not trained at the prestigious college, the name of which has slipped my mind. Maybe managed a YTS level one.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2694
Reputation : 239
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 21.04.13 19:08

I think you are thinking of Norlands Nanny's, creme de la creme of Poppins-esque nannying for the super wealthy!

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow: when and why did he move south?

Post by Nina on 21.04.13 19:30

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:I think you are thinking of Norlands Nanny's, creme de la creme of Poppins-esque nannying for the super wealthy!

That's the one Smokeandmirrors. I knew it was something/land. And of course there are the NVQs in child care but did they even have those qualifications. Will have a scour around and see if they were qualified in any way or just well meaning child loving females.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2694
Reputation : 239
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum