The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Two female police officer killed in Manchester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two female police officer killed in Manchester

Post by tigger on 18.09.12 15:13

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two female police officer killed in Manchester

Post by aiyoyo on 19.09.12 2:50

Merde, what a senseless act and total waste of precious lives.

I say bring back the death penalty - the perpetrator should be hung.
Even lethal injection is too kind to that beast who'd already killed a father and son priorly.

ARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.09.12 7:43

He was on bail.
He had been arrested on his return from Thailand.
Join the dots.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.09.12 7:52

Fairly sensible account,including the background.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9551716/Police-shootings-How-routine-doorknock-turned-into-bloodshed.html
The unarmed officers, Fiona Bone, 32, and Nicola Hughes, 23, assumed the call was routine. There was no intelligence to suggest the home was anything other than the scene of a run of the mill break-in.
As they approached the door of the house in Abbey Gardens, however, they were unaware that one of Britain’s most wanted men was allegedly hiding at the property.
Dale Cregan, 29, had spent six weeks on the run from police following a series of gangland murders. Police said that Cregan may have made the false report of the burglary himself.
A man subsequently emerged from the property and fired 10 rounds at the officers before throwing a grenade. PC Bone was killed instantly, while the PC Hughes died shortly after.
Warren Shepherd, a local window cleaner, was on his rounds when he heard the shootings. “I just heard gun shots, bang, bang, bang - around ten of them, then a pause and big explosion.

“There were people, neighbours stood around there and one of my customers said 'They’ve been shot! The police officers have been shot!’.”
A 27-year-old woman, who did not want to be named, said her ex-boyfriend witnessed the shootings.
“He (the ex-boyfriend) was a bit shook up when I saw him,” the woman told ITV News.
“He was walking back from the doctor’s and he heard someone shout to him. Then someone has come outside the house... and shot two officers and then he threw a grenade in the garden. He said the officers hit the floor.”
A female witness said she saw the man walk calmly away from the scene, and drive away at speed in a BMW.
The BMW was abandoned a few streets away, and Cregan was subsequently seen walking down the street carrying a rucksack.
One witness said: “He looked straight through me, he just walked down the road as if he was on his way to work. I thought I’d seen him hanging around here in the last few weeks. I’m sure it was Cregan.
“You wouldn’t have thought it was just any ordinary day. Now I can’t believe he walked past me as if he didn’t have a worry in the world.”
Another woman, who asked to be known as Naomi, said: “I heard a massive bang, then about 10 minutes later I heard the police helicopter.
“As I was coming out of the house I saw this man strolling past the gate, it was him, Cregan. He must have ice cold blood, he walked past as cool as you like.
“After I found out it was him I was terrified, it’s scary. I think everyone has known he’s been hanging around for a while. I can’t believe that anyone would have shielded him from the police.”
Cregan later walked into a police station in Hyde three miles away, still carrying the rucksack, and gave himself up. Officers feared he may have had grenades in the bag and bomb squad officers were called in.
The origin of the killings lies in Manchester’s brutal gang culture.
In the 1990s the city earned the nickname “Gunchester” following a series of murders as gangs vied for the drugs trade. In 1999 alone there were 43 gun-related injuries and seven people were shot dead.
The number of shootings has declined over the past decade, but the threat has remained.
Cregan was being sought in connection with the murders of a father and son killed in separate gun and grenade attacks, with police offering £50,000 for his arrest.
On May 25, a masked gunman walked into the Cotton Tree pub in the Droylsden area of Greater Manchester and shot Mark Short, a 23-year-old amateur boxer with convictions for robbery and assault.
According to reports, the shooting was a botched gangland hit. Short’s family had been involved in a feud with rivals after over a woman and the gunman was supposed to “kneecap” his victim.
Instead he accidentally killed him when he crouched down.
Greater Manchester Police yesterday confirmed Mr Cregan was arrested at Manchester airport on June 12 as he returned from a holiday in Thailand and questioned over the murder. He was released on police bail pending further investigations.
After the attack Mark Short’s father, David, 46, branded the killers “cowards” and allegedly vowed to take revenge.
Short, who had a conviction for wounding and battering a man after a drunken row, was repeatedly warned by police that his life was in danger and regularly wore a bullet proof vest.
On August 10th, he too was killed in what police believe was a “pre-emptive attack”. He was shot on his driveway in Clayton, Manchester, before a grenade was thrown at him and exploded underneath his body as he lay dying.
Just nine minutes after the killing, two men were caught on CCTV carrying out another grenade attack three miles away on a house with four people inside. The gunman was seen roaming the street with his a loaded pistol, before throwing a grenade at the house. Nobody was injured.
Police subsequently launched one of the biggest manhunts in the history of the force for Cregan, costing an estimated £150,000 a day and involving hundreds of officers.
A reward of £50,000 was offered for information leading to his capture, and his image was broadcast at Manchester City’s Etihad stadium.
Police were particularly alarmed by the extent of the violence. Detective Chief Superintendent Mary Doyle said of Cregan: “Violence is not particularly out of character for him but there’s nothing in his history to this extent before – especially not with these kinds of weapons.”
According to police, however, he was protected by a “criminal conspiracy” to harbour him. Sir Peter said yesterday: “We are fully determined to investigate that conspiracy and bring the people involved to book.
“This case tells us something about the nature of organised crime, the web of intimidation it creates and how some people see others as folk heroes for being involved in this kind of activity.”
Neighbours said he had been staying at the property on the Hattersley council estate for several days and even been seen drinking in local pubs.
One said: “Dale was up at the pub the other week and has been spotted at the shop the other day.
“He’s been all over the front pages of the paper and TV with an offer of £50,000 on his head - yet no-one would shop him in because they’re scared.”

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.09.12 8:10

I think the government should make it very clear, legislate quickly and ENFORCE that anyone who is in possession of a gun will be given a mandatory life sentence. Anyone who points a gun at a police officer will be give a life (and I mean LIFE) sentence. Policing in UK is by consent. Regular officers are not armed (I thank God for that). It's amazing these two relatively new officers (who went to work and didn't come home and suffered the most brutal death) were allowed to go about routine duties when there was apparently intelligence of a major criminal in the area but I'm not going to speculate on that.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.09.12 8:40

I'm angry and saddened by the deaths of two young police officers yesterday. As the ex-wife of a police officer, knowing what the job involves and the impact it has on family life I'm motivated to write this to you. As I'm writing BBC News have a widow (Christine Fulton) of a murdered police officer has set up a charity (she's been to America from where she gained her motivation). She's been carted out on mainstream BBC News. Greater Manchester Police Federation 'chap' - BBC didn't give him a job title (Graham Hanson) who says 'the public should not think it is inevitable something should happen'. The BBC are speaking of counselling.

The media and the police service have all the 'padding' out today.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.09.12 8:46

Never forget that somewhere there is a firm of solicitors hoping they are going to get the account, and that somewhere there is a QC and a junior sharpening their pencils.

I thought is priceless that Michael Mansfield, of all people went on record the other day suggesting a "Truth Commission"
He represented Barrymore, Kenneth Noye, the Price sisters and the people who bombed the Israeli Embassy.
"Truth" has a different meaning for barristers, as does the word "Guilt".
Their dictionary does not include the page with "Conscience"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.09.12 8:56

A 'Truth Commission'. I'm going to start a new thread here.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.09.12 22:08

This is shocking, a 15 year old arrested in connection with the murder of these two policewomen......

Manchester police murders: Boy aged 15 arrested

PCs Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes were killed on Tuesday
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the murders of two police officers in Greater Manchester.

More on link below......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19681382

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.09.12 23:12

Go back to a previous thread which had to be closed down - ! !
You are not talking here about nice people on a nice housing estate in a nice part of Manchester -
This gang feud has been going on for years, and has reached its apotheosis. One of them had been arrested before, on suspicion of murder, and bailed, because of "lack of evidence" - - - which is code for 'terror in the community'.

For far too long the gangs have been allowed to run these estates, because of "Political correctness", and "policing by consent" and "Maintaining the Peace and Tranquillity" and all the other pseudo-acaedmic boll*** which we had to absorb in the 80s and 90s.

Policing is NOT by consent in these estates. You "Police" by the Authority granted to you by the Crown to keep them under control.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum