The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Mm11

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Mm11

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Regist10

Dr Roberts : DEFENSIVE WOUNDS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Empty Dr Roberts : DEFENSIVE WOUNDS

Post by russiandoll 12.09.12 17:39

Defensive Wounds/Dr Roberts

Eddie indicates cadaver odour behind the sofa in Apartment 5A
EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
12 September 2012

DEFENSIVE WOUNDS

On p.74 of her book, 'Madeleine,' Kate McCann describes how she was...'hitting out at things, banging (her) fists on the metal railing of the veranda, trying to expel the intolerable pain inside.' This is no doubt the same railing atop the same veranda at which Kate was afterwards pictured coyly holding Madeleine's 'cuddle-cat' where the media photographers stationed below could see it. It's about two inches wide and appears more wooden than metallic, but that's beside the point, which is that Kate unswervingly describes herself as hitting the limited target area with her fists. Twenty pages (less than 24 hours) later and, for the first time, Kate 'noticed the ugly purple, blue and black bruises on the sides of (her) hands, wrists and forearms...Gerry reminded her of how she'd been 'banging her clenched fists on the veranda railing and the apartment walls the night before.' She could 'only vaguely remember it.' Well you wouldn't, would you? After all, twenty pages is history.

'Madeleine' by Kate McCann is nothing if not a littany of explanations, many of which deal with seemingly trivial details - seemingly. When it comes to describing her other 'bruising' encounter, with the PJ on September 7, she has this to say, among other things, regarding the video of Martin Grime and his dogs at work (p.249): 'The dogs ultimately alerted. I felt myself starting to relax a little.'

You did what?!

It makes absolutely no difference whether the child in question is three or thirty-three. If a mother whose child is missing, and who 'believes they were alive' when they left home (or were taken), is suddenly and unexpectedly told by someone in a position to know that indications are the child is dead, what is she most likely to do? Faint is what. Like the innumerable mothers of young servicemen lost during the two world wars, when they received their 'special telegrams.' Only on recovering their composure would they want or even be able to deal with, a more detailed explanation, like 'You're telling me my daughter possibly died in the apartment before they took her away?'

It would take more than an aspirin to help a compassionate mother cope with that.

And how did the other half of this scientifically sophisticated partnership react when he heard the news?

'When researching the validity of sniffer-dog evidence later that month, Gerry would discover that false alerts can be attributable to the conscious or unconscious signals of the handler.' (p.250).

This statement is replete with significance. As is the one that follows it:

'From what I saw of the dogs' responses this certainly seemed to me to be what was happening here. We would later learn that in his written report, PC Grime had emphasized that such alerts cannot be relied upon without corroborating evidence.'

So, 'When researching the validity of sniffer-dog evidence later that month...'

Valid under what circumstances, might one ask? A court of law perhaps? And why on earth should anyone desperate to find their missing child be pre-occupied with the legal weight of evidence, indicators, suggestions or arguments? The status of Madeleine McCann was, and is, wholly unaffected by such considerations. The only people genuinely concerned with 'validity' in this context were the parents, because the dogs did not confine their intelligence to one place and corpses are not noted for moving around unassisted.

Gerry went on to answer reporter Sandra Felguieras with: "I can tell you that we've obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs, and they're incredibly unreliable."

SF: "Unreliable?"

GM: "Cadaver dogs, yes. That's what the evidence shows, if they're tested scientifically."

As Kate was saying, Gerry's pre-occupation 'later that month' was with sniffer-dog evidence. Obviously. Well I for one fail to see the obvious necessity for questioning such things outside of one specific context, and that is not the endeavour to locate a missing Madeleine McCann.

Nevertheless, 'Gerry would discover that false alerts can be attributable to the conscious or unconscious signals of the handler.'

Hardly reassuring background knowledge, given that it had already been explained to Kate that the dog(s) involved in elucidating the circumstances of her daughter Madeleine's disappearance had yet to make a false alert. Unless of course medical practitioners are accustomed to dismissal on account of their colleagues' mis-diagnoses.

We must replay this little excerpt from Kate's book in its entirety now, in order to highlight her cunning juxtaposition of tense.

The author, don't forget, is in the throes of recounting her experience of being interviewed under caution and faced with video footage of a sniffer-dog at work. She proceeds with 'When researching...later that month, Gerry would discover that false alerts can be attributable to the conscious or unconscious signals of the handler.'

So, at the time of Kate's interview as 'arguida,' Gerry hadn't discovered anything. And yet, 'from what I saw of the dogs' responses this certainly seemed to me to be what was happening here.'

Most certainly.

Not for the first time are we treated to an example of Kate McCann's clairvoyance. She obviously felt able to 'relax a little,' not solely on account of what she perceived to be an inexact science, but because she was able to discern a class of behaviour in Martin Grime's animals that Gerry, in his future research, hadn't identified yet.

Other mothers in such circumstances would be climbing the walls in desperation. Not Kate. Her account of the truth portrays her as having been cool, calm, collected and pre-cogniscent. Or maybe she was in a state of panic. Perhaps she'd looked into the future and seen both herself and her husband going to the dogs; before they'd considered the matter scientifically of course

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Dr Roberts :  DEFENSIVE WOUNDS Empty Re: Dr Roberts : DEFENSIVE WOUNDS

Post by statsman 12.09.12 18:22

I think this may have been pointed out before but it's worth pointing out again.

If Martin Grime did have a subconscious bias, it would have been to tell the cadaver dog not to bark, since a false positive, provable by Madeleine being found alive at any time in the future, in such a high profile case would have ruined his, and the dog's reputation.

On the other hand, if the dog did not bark and Madeleine's body was found later, all this would mean was that she did not die in the apartment.

So why bring this out as an explanation? And what happened to her being in contact with dead bodies the week before? Was this a lie?

And what a coincidence - Eddie was subconsciously told to bark at precisely the same point as Keela found the blood trace!
statsman
statsman

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 12.09.12 19:12

Why would she 'start to relax'? Because - for a woman who telephoned the PJ late at night to say she'd had a dream that Maddie was lying on a rock or a stone slab, it's clear that she had already considered she could be dead.

So it wasn't the possibility that she was dead, it was the possibility that the dogs were right - and if they were right about one site, they would likely be right about the others. Rather harder to explain. If it had just been 5a, it could still have been explained away by nosebleed, cadaver scent from something else. In all the locations together it made it impossible to explain. Especially the car.
So the dogs had to be wrong, the only way.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.12 19:53

tigger wrote:Why would she 'start to relax'? Because - for a woman who telephoned the PJ late at night to say she'd had a dream that Maddie was lying on a rock or a stone slab, it's clear that she had already considered she could be dead.

So it wasn't the possibility that she was dead, it was the possibility that the dogs were right - and if they were right about one site, they would likely be right about the others. Rather harder to explain. If it had just been 5a, it could still have been explained away by nosebleed, cadaver scent from something else. In all the locations together it made it impossible to explain. Especially the car.
So the dogs had to be wrong, the only way.

I'm happy to announce the arrival of my EUR 1 (one) copy of the Bewk today.
An early sunset prevented me from starting to read it right away, but the one or two snippets I saw sure seemed interesting.

Great reading, this.
Great writing too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top