The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Guest on 16.07.13 22:08

@plebgate wrote:Half way through July.  Still no news.

Somebody in Portugal  put us out our misery please.smilie 
 
 On twitter some are saying it is in September, don't know if true, or wind up.  Mind you that would be about right timewise from when it was postponed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 16.07.13 22:23

@plebgate wrote:Half way through July.  Still no news.

Somebody in Portugal  put us out our misery please. smilie 

 And let's pray that none of our corrupt coppers or MPs decide to put Amaral out of the McCanns 'misery' like someone did with his dog.

onphone Yeah yeah, sorry Kevin.

AskTheDogsSandra

Posts : 132
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lost weight

Post by Seek truth on 16.07.13 22:29

@AskTheDogsSandra wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Half way through July.  Still no news.

Somebody in Portugal  put us out our misery please. smilie 

 And let's pray that none of our corrupt coppers or MPs decide to put Amaral out of the McCanns 'misery' like someone did with his dog.

onphone Yeah yeah, sorry Kevin.
Well half of his body's gone already, to them, anyway.
He lost so much weight.

Seek truth

Posts : 447
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by aiyoyo on 17.07.13 6:41

If prosecution of you know who is imminent from the MET, then logically Amaral's trial has to be postponed until at least that trial is over or there is a risk of jeopardy. My opinion anyway!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by plebgate on 17.07.13 7:34

TY for info. Candyfloss, hope Twitter rumours are correct.

@Aiyoyo, I do not think any prosecution is imminent - 38 persons of interest, the Tapas Crew are not in that list and are not suspects according to SY. Could be at least another 2 years chasing people all over Europe apparently.

I hope that the libel trial is in September as it must be nerve racking beyond belief for Mr. A. waiting, waiting, waiting, no wonder he has lost so much weight with the stress of all of it. I think it is high time for the Courts to proceed and get it over with and let him get on with his life with no more delays.

plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by aiyoyo on 17.07.13 10:37

@plebgate wrote:TY for info. Candyfloss, hope Twitter rumours are correct.

@Aiyoyo, I do not think any prosecution is imminent - 38 persons of interest, the Tapas Crew are not in that list and are not suspects according to SY.    Could be at least another 2 years chasing people all over Europe apparently.    

I hope that the libel trial is in September as it must be nerve racking beyond belief  for Mr. A. waiting, waiting, waiting, no wonder he has lost so much weight with the stress of all of it.  I think it is high time for  the Courts to proceed and  get it over with and let him  get on with his life with no more delays.

Uhm....if following up of the 38 POI is not for purpose of prosecution, then what would be the point of that?

Redwood and his men must say what is the outcome after the investigation of the 38 POI. Surely they must come up with one of two things : abductor or perpetrator - no other option.

Can't possibly say : OK, we tried our very best but sorry we haven't a clue what happened to her?

Otherwise if his final verdict is again "wishy washy" there will be some ramification/backlash one would think.



aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Angelique on 18.07.13 7:17

I can't help feeling that SY's verdict has to in some way negate Amaral's claim. I think that this is the real reason for the length of time it is taking and the already accepted "abduction theory" from the word go. When SY finally cone up with an acceptable solution the Government will, when they feel the time is right, approach the Portuguese and ram it down their throats as well as ours.

I think they have to stop the GA trial at all costs. But to do this they have to re-write the case files and history so it's not going to be easy.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Woburn_exile on 18.07.13 8:16

Cherry Blossom wrote:
@sheila.edwards wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:Why is it that nobody in the British embassy or the media thought the same?
My recollection is that some people were removed from the Embassy for expressing doubts about the McCan's official version (s) of events.
Not the first time I've heard this. So who is this big brother that acts as an invisible hand?
Personally investigations and inquiries for political reasons make me sick.


This may have been diicussed and posted before, and I do remember reading about the British Embassy, but not in depth. however anyone who hasn't read it before like myself it makes very interesting reading.

McCann Case: Freedom of Information Act on John Buck former Ambassador
20 March 2009

It was Tony Blair and Gordon Brown who were behind the instructions given to the UK ambassador, John Buck, and to the British consul, Bill Henderson (the two senior UK diplomats in Portugal at the time she disappeared), to make sure Gerry and Kate McCann were given all possible assistance.

A few minutes after the return to Faro of the team of experts that the PJ had sent to Leicester, Her Majesty's British Ambassador, John Buck, to the Portuguese Republic was already visiting their premises. The presence of the diplomat, that has been confirmed by several journalist, is in direct relation with the Madeleine McCann case and was not asked by the Portuguese Authorities. The ambassador has stayed half an hour with the police.

John Buck - British Ambassador in Portugal in May 2006 - resigns his post on 10/09/07 - shortly after the McCanns are made suspects. John is replaced by Alexander Ellis. Leaves the Diplomatic Services entirely.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/03/mccann-case-freedom-of-information-act.html



spin they will all have signed official secrets,but wounder what effect latest goings on will have on the books trial, there does seem to be some fear around case still, is there such a thing as a super duper injunction uk ! how does that link in with free speech uk:spin: and could it include the Fund,surely not possible in law:spin: spin

If the book trial doesn't go ahead then imo it will be because the British Goverment has put pressure on the Portugese, trade links ect, remember the Portugese are in debt. GA is a man of principles, I do hope he doesn't give in to alll those who want to trash him with their dirty tricks.

There was something going on in Pria de Luz when TM were there, why all those medical people, and remember GM saying "He wasn't there to f****** enjoy himself". there were probably some very high profile VIP's there, TM knew who they were and partied with them, unfortunatly something happened to Madeleine which upset the apple cart and these VIP's had to be protected at all costs, imo maybe GM threatened blackmail if they weren't all afforded the same protection.



What are we trying to suggest here? A medical cum VIP swingers club? It wouldn't be the first time would it? Remember Profumo affair?  Hardly a scandal that warrants covering up for the death of a little girl. It has to be more sinister than that, methinks Drs Gasper may have uncovered something.


.

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by pennylane on 18.07.13 9:11

@Angelique wrote:I can't help feeling that SY's verdict has to in some way negate Amaral's claim. I think that this is the real reason for the length of time it is taking and the already accepted "abduction theory" from the word go. When SY finally cone up with an acceptable solution the Government will, when they feel the time is right, approach the Portuguese and ram it down their throats as well as ours.

I think they have to stop the GA trial at all costs. But to do this they have to re-write the case files and history so it's not going to be easy.

My sentiments exactly, Angelique. The Home Office has attempted to whitewash this crime since 2007, but the horse bolted very quickly thanks to Gerry's inflated ego, and his narcissistic belief he could convince the world black is white.  

The Operation Grange team's endgame, courtesy of the Home Office, has but one agenda... and that is to overwrite the mountain of damaging information that points directly to the odious couple and their dodgy mates.  Unfortunately for Scotland Yard, they've been linked to one scandalous cover up after another, and are trusted about as much as the gruesome twosome!  Thankfully, Goncalo Amaral has proven to be a knowledgeable and steadfast foe, and in spite of Team McCann's very best efforts, remains determined and steadfast. He is a very major concern at this juncture (imo).  

Andy Redwood and his Team can spout 'abduction' ad nauseam, and it won't make a blind bit of difference.  The CSI blood and cadaver dogs have shown the way, and no amount of whitewash will alter that fact!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Angelique on 18.07.13 9:50

hi pennylane

(sorry can't quote you - dysfunctional iPad)

Yes I agree but do you think that there is a possibility that no matter what irrefutable evidence there is as you say (the dogs) in GA's book and on the files, that UK Government will override this by brute force if necessary on the Portuguese Government.. The UK Government, past and present, have always allowed room for a "precedent" when they deem it necessary. Admittedly right is on GA's side but where does this stand when confronting a Governmenet that is corrupt?

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by sheila.edwards on 18.07.13 19:11

what about the eye witness Mr Smith as well surely all cant be not conclusive when all taken together spin unless other evidence exists of an abductor:spin:

sheila.edwards

Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : wirral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by tigger on 18.07.13 19:17

@sheila.edwards wrote:what about the eye witness Mr Smith as well surely all cant be not conclusive when all taken together spin unless other evidence exists of an abductor:spin:

So can't be not conclusive would mean it is conclusive to you? (You missed out a spin at the end I think)

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by sheila.edwards on 18.07.13 22:40

Id like  soothing couple and maddy found like most, as we don't know new info. they have. Just speculating IMO sadly there seems to be more clues that she is not alive.well have to wait and see what happens when 38 all seen now

sheila.edwards

Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : wirral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by pennylane on 19.07.13 8:10

@Angelique wrote:hi pennylane

(sorry can't quote you - dysfunctional iPad)

Yes I agree but do you think that there is a possibility that no matter what irrefutable evidence there is as you say (the dogs) in GA's book and on the files, that UK Government will override this by brute force if necessary on the Portuguese Government.. The UK Government, past and present, have always allowed room for a "precedent" when they deem it necessary. Admittedly right is on GA's side but where does this stand when confronting a Governmenet that is corrupt?

Hi Angelique hello 

Oh for sure.... the UK Government have been attempting to override the truth with 'brute force' all along.  It's a case of.... 'we are bigger and badder, and no amount of evidence johnny foreigner gathered that proves this pair are conniving liars, will prevent us from reaching our sleazy objective.'

As I have said often, unless something irrefutable emerges that puts a stop to this facade, the odious pair will be home free.  The court of public opinion is a different matter of course.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Woburn_exile on 19.07.13 9:13

@pennylane wrote:
@Angelique wrote:hi pennylane

(sorry can't quote you - dysfunctional iPad)

Yes I agree but do you think that there is a possibility that no matter what irrefutable evidence there is as you say (the dogs) in GA's book and on the files, that UK Government will override this by brute force if necessary on the Portuguese Government.. The UK Government, past and present, have always allowed room for a "precedent" when they deem it necessary. Admittedly right is on GA's side but where does this stand when confronting a Governmenet that is corrupt?

Hi Angelique hello 

Oh for sure.... the UK Government have been attempting to override the truth with 'brute force' all along.  It's a case of.... 'we are bigger and badder, and no amount of evidence johnny foreigner gathered that proves this pair are conniving liars, will prevent us from reaching our sleazy objective.'

As I have said often, unless something irrefutable emerges that puts a stop to this facade, the odious pair will be home free.  The court of public opinion is a different matter of course.


Pennylane,
The court of human opinion has been hijacked by the Sun and the Mirror. Instead of being vilified by the readers of those paragons of media truth and virtue they have turned into the luvvie darlings of the nation. Unless of course they have threatened to sue all of the media in this country unless they report the official McCann line.
A very distasteful way to see this brought before the courts could be a future test case. Just imagine, Mrs &Mr Chav leave their children alone whilst they go down the Local Pub then return home to find that 1 of them has fallen downstairs and sustained injury eg a broken leg . Neighbours are able to testify that they heard the children crying but nobody came to them and that this has happened before. This would almost certainly involve a court order and children placed at least on the at risk register one would have thought. Could it not be assumed that a viable defence for this couple's actions would be " The McCanns got away with this and their child was abducted. They didn't have to go to court and in fact they have been advised by social services that this is well within the bounds of responsible parenting".
A test case or what?

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by pennylane on 19.07.13 21:34

@Woburn_exile wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Angelique wrote:hi pennylane

(sorry can't quote you - dysfunctional iPad)

Yes I agree but do you think that there is a possibility that no matter what irrefutable evidence there is as you say (the dogs) in GA's book and on the files, that UK Government will override this by brute force if necessary on the Portuguese Government.. The UK Government, past and present, have always allowed room for a "precedent" when they deem it necessary. Admittedly right is on GA's side but where does this stand when confronting a Governmenet that is corrupt?

Hi Angelique hello 

Oh for sure.... the UK Government have been attempting to override the truth with 'brute force' all along.  It's a case of.... 'we are bigger and badder, and no amount of evidence johnny foreigner gathered that proves this pair are conniving liars, will prevent us from reaching our sleazy objective.'

As I have said often, unless something irrefutable emerges that puts a stop to this facade, the odious pair will be home free.  The court of public opinion is a different matter of course.

Pennylane,
The court of human opinion has been hijacked by the Sun and the Mirror. Instead of being vilified by the readers of those paragons of media truth and virtue they have turned into the luvvie darlings of the nation. Unless of course they have threatened to sue all of the media in this country unless they report the official McCann line.
A very distasteful way to see this brought before the courts could be a future test case. Just imagine, Mrs &Mr Chav leave their children alone whilst they go down the Local Pub then return home to find that 1 of them has fallen downstairs and sustained injury eg a broken leg . Neighbours are able to testify that they heard the children crying but nobody came to them and that this has happened before. This would almost certainly involve a court order and children placed at least on the at risk register one would have thought. Could it not be assumed that a viable defence for this couple's actions would be " The McCanns got away with this and their child was abducted. They didn't have to go to court and in fact they have been advised by social services that this is well within the bounds of responsible parenting".
A test case or what?

Yes Woburn exile, it is shocking and shameful how these (so called) parents have escaped prosecution, and have even been praised by some, after the reckless endangerment of their 3 toddlers throughout that ill fated holiday.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Casey5 on 22.08.13 22:09

I've come across this on another site:- I found it interesting but I'll just copy a small section here.



http://lhro.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/lisbon-libel-trial-mccanns-v-amaral/



Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral.
•August 21, 2013 • Leave a Comment
After almost two years of postponements the Libel Trial of the Century is set to take place this year in Lisbon, Portugal. Having been abandoned in February 2013 it was given a six month period after which, if both parties had failed to reach an agreement, the Full Trial was to be scheduled. Those six months are up.

Casey5

Posts : 321
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by plebgate on 23.08.13 10:02

The six months are up and no news.

If there is a police investigation I do not see how a libel trial can take place at the same time? Maybe it will but as the new investigation could take another 2 years there might be a long wait and it sounds as though the British police will arrive in Portugal just when the libel trial would have been starting.


plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Casey5 on 23.08.13 13:57

@plebgate wrote:The six months are up and no news.

If there is a police investigation I do not see how a libel trial can take place at the same time?  Maybe it will but as the new investigation could take another 2 years there might  be a long wait and it sounds as though the British police will arrive in Portugal just when the libel trial would have been starting.

If I was the Portuguese judiciary I would make damn sure the libel trial went ahead.

Goncalo Amaral was accused by the McCanns of libelling them, of preventing people from searching for Madeleine, in fact for many things all of which Kate hopes Mr Amaral will feel fear and become penniless.

Now, it appears, that the McCanns do now want the libel trial to go ahead and have tried to do a deal to no avail. well, thems the breaks as they say.

Why should Scotland Yard be able to stop the trial going ahead just so they can follow up umpteeen leads none of which, apparently, concern the McCanns or their 7 mates?

If the McCanns still wanted the trial to go ahead and Scotland Yard wanted them to wait there would be questions asked in Parliament surely.big grin

Mr Amaral is a Portuguese citizen , the libel trial will be held in Portugal. The McCanns brought the case so I hope Portugal says it will go ahead if push comes to shove.

Casey5

Posts : 321
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Angelique on 31.08.13 8:56

This point about whether the SY investigation has been " fixed" to cause this disruption to the libel trial has been mentioned in Dr. Robert's latest article.

Here:


http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

SANTA'S LITTLE HELPERS
EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
26 August 2013

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by tiny on 03.09.13 17:31

this is not about the libel trial,but just seen this on twitter and want to know if its true.

...some of the most incriminating evidence can be judged inadmissible in a criminal trial...a libel trial same evidence>ok?

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

-

Post by aniandr on 03.09.13 21:34

Its a bit weered to go to court and claim that GA had negative effect on the search when the biggest investigation ever for the child is still going on after so Many years. Isnt that a littel contradiction? The parents cant attend court not to harm the investigation. So Can the also make a courtcase against GA for attending the courtcase dontgetit

aniandr

Posts : 162
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by tigger on 04.09.13 5:52

@tiny wrote:this is not about the libel trial,but just seen this on twitter and want to know if its true.

...some of the most incriminating evidence can be judged inadmissible in a criminal trial...a libel trial same evidence>ok?
Hello Tiny, surely that would mean it applies to both sides? In which case I'd think the advantage is with the defendant here.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS v AMARAL: The final trial...Will it start in 3 weeks - or will there be another postponement? UPDATE NOW DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY

Post by Angelique on 09.09.13 7:03

If the McCanns are not going to appear and only give evidence via a video link is this acceptable? In reality they can't give evidence under oath, or do they not have this procedure in Portugal?

The reason I say this is because their answers to questions may not be their own IYSWIM.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum