The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A QUESTION FOR SY REVIEW - MCCANNS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A QUESTION FOR SY REVIEW - MCCANNS

Post by Cristobell on 12.08.12 15:39

Just posting link for your information.

I think many questions have arisen following the tragic events of this week. I don't know whether it is in the climate of the Levenson Enquiry and resignations at the met, but I feel we have been told quite a lot about the way in which this case has been conducted. This is a sense of transparency about it.

There are a lot of political reasons behind it, not least the characters involved, are easily dispensable and unlikely to rock any corporate or government policy. In addition, it is great spin, it diverts the attention of the populace towards the degraded lives, of the shiftless and their unlimited sprogs who are infesting decent society. We already have calls for compulsory sterilisation. It also provides excellent gloating opportunities and reasons to deprive the deprived still further, and it does of course detract from the billionaires bonuses and the double dip recession. Its a win, win situation.

Does anyone else feel that this tragic case of that poor child Tia, is more transparent that those before, especially Shannon Matthews, or am I imagining it?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A QUESTION FOR SY REVIEW - MCCANNS

Post by russiandoll on 12.08.12 15:53

Imo what at face value initially looked like a run of the mill near teen goes awol received mass nationwide coverage from the get-go. Tia could have returned any time. I find the coverage puzzling, I can't put my finger on why something about this does not sit right with me.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquarius2 on 12.08.12 15:56

@russiandoll wrote: Imo what at face value initially looked like a run of the mill near teen goes awol received mass nationwide coverage from the get-go. Tia could have returned any time. I find the coverage puzzling, I can't put my finger on why something about this does not sit right with me.

Indeed.
It will be interesting to hear more about the family involvement with social services.

aquarius2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 12.08.12 16:06

@russiandoll wrote: Imo what at face value initially looked like a run of the mill near teen goes awol received mass nationwide coverage from the get-go. Tia could have returned any time. I find the coverage puzzling, I can't put my finger on why something about this does not sit right with me.

How many 12 year olds go missing in UK - probably at least dozens a month but Tia got in the news. Poor child but I think it was her family trying to "do a McCann" - fame/fortune (T shirts) etc.

Good point Russiandoll.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 12.08.12 16:30

@Gillyspot wrote:

How many 12 year olds go missing in UK - probably at least dozens a month but Tia got in the news. Poor child but I think it was her family trying to "do a McCann" - fame/fortune (T shirts) etc.

Good point Russiandoll.

I agree with the above.

I also agree with the notion that these sorts of tragedies offer the opportunity to highlight social problems. We have a very real problem of these multi-generational families who are fairly dependent on state support. It seems crass and unkind to keep on about this in a way, but it is also an undeniable truth, an expensive fact that shows no sign of abating. We have a system that is getting more and more expensive, particularly as we are also in an ageing population, so between increased costs of funding young families in terms of working tax credits, child tax credits, child allowance, housing benefit etc we also have a lengthier period of claiming state pensions and NHS due to age related expensive treatments. The working period in between is "shrinking" relatively speaking, so contributions versus claims are all out of kilter.
It's the lack of sustainability that's the big issue here.

So, by highlighting certain cases it also serves the purpose of turning the spotlight on other factors, which may or may not be of particular relevance to the case itself. There are targets and agendas everywhere. Whether it be concealment or exposure, there are often subtexts to our headlines.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 12.08.12 17:24

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@Gillyspot wrote:

Good point Russiandoll.

I agree with the above.

I also agree with the notion that these sorts of tragedies offer the opportunity to highlight social problems. We have a very real problem of these multi-generational families who are fairly dependent on state support. It seems crass and unkind to keep on about this in a way, but it is also an undeniable truth, an expensive fact that shows no sign of abating. We have a system that is getting more and more expensive, particularly as we are also in an ageing population, so between increased costs of funding young families in terms of working tax credits, child tax credits, child allowance, housing benefit etc we also have a lengthier period of claiming state pensions and NHS due to age related expensive treatments. The working period in between is "shrinking" relatively speaking, so contributions versus claims are all out of kilter.
It's the lack of sustainability that's the big issue here.

So, by highlighting certain cases it also serves the purpose of turning the spotlight on other factors, which may or may not be of particular relevance to the case itself. There are targets and agendas everywhere. Whether it be concealment or exposure, there are often subtexts to our headlines.

I agree with much of what you say, continuing at the current rate our economic future is not sustainable, for all the social reasons you have highlighted.

I think however, we should continue to invest in our children and improve our education system. The children of today are the future generations whose taxes will support our ageing population. It is imperative that we ensure they grow up to be useful, contributing members of society. Depriving their families, as dysfunctional as they might be, will only worsen the problem.

Society needs to change, we have to acknowledge that the care industry must expand, so too the leisure industry - the fact is technology has given us much more free time, and it is ridiculous to scorn it.

The way in which we work has to change. I am a great believer in Roosevelt's New Deal, it rescued the US from depression. We must create new jobs, invest in science, get people back to work. When a population has spending power, it boosts the economy.

As nice as it would be to chain the feckless to factory conveyor belts churning out horsewhips for 12 hours a day, these jobs are now defunct.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum