The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Norwegian girl missing - Mystery

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Norwegian girl missing - Mystery

Post by Guest on 06.08.12 11:03

A 16 year old girl has been missing since saturday midnight on her way home from a friend.
This girl had not been partying, and are known for always keeping appointments. Thats why her parents raised the alarm when she didnt arrive at the time she should. When calling her friends parents, and they said she had already gone home, they instantly knew something was wrong, she also didnt answer the phone.

Police where called and the parents imidiatly went out looking for her, and within a short time they found her mobilephone , shoes and one sock nearby a kindergarden, only 300 m from home..

Obviously something has happened..

Her parents has been out on their feeet for 2 days now looking for her, so has neighbours, friends, police, volunters, dogs and helicopters.. Shes sadly not found yet..

Looking back at Mccanns case, it gives me the chills , why where they not out looking for their nearly 4 year old daughter imediatly? And the days to follow? Why wait for the daylight? Heard about flashlights? Come on, and then went jogging a few days later? sounds bizzare to me..

The parents of the Norwegian girl also thanks everyone helping in the search, saying it gives them hope and strength that they will find her well and alive...

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10052252

Back to top Go down

Re: Norwegian girl missing - Mystery

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 11:31

It's what you do, there's no thinking involved. You go out and look, with mobiles there's no excuse of having to stay near the phone or anything. The McCs had no excuse not to go searching. I've looked much harder for my cat who once disappeared for over six weeks and was indeed 'catnapped'.
We found him after placing articles and adverts in local newspapers.

Those poor parents, finding those things must break their hearts.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.08.12 12:08

@tigger wrote:It's what you do, there's no thinking involved. You go out and look, with mobiles there's no excuse of having to stay near the phone or anything. The McCs had no excuse not to go searching. I've looked much harder for my cat who once disappeared for over six weeks and was indeed 'catnapped'.
We found him after placing articles and adverts in local newspapers.

Those poor parents, finding those things must break their hearts.

I know, and when the child is only 3 years old you would think the urge to go out and look would be even bigger due to the age ...

Latest news (norwegian case) is that the police think she was taken into a car, as the searchdogs traces her to the road right next to the kindergarden and ther they stop. Still everybody is out looking ...And still they call it a mystery... And thats what it is.. Poor parents, hope they find her alive and well.. If i lived closer to Oslo I would helped look myself.. But im just abit to far away and have small children that I cant leave.. All I can do is help spread the information about her to my friends in the same town...

It is interesting tough to see how the police work in this case, what steps comes first etc..and then compare it to the Mccanns case and their crying about how nobody helped them andt he police not taking them seriously.. Police have their prosedures, and it is for a reason..

Back to top Go down

Update

Post by Guest on 02.09.12 11:03

The girl is still not found ,and has been missing for almost a month now ...There are still hundreds of people voluntering into searching for her..

Latest news: a few days ago a man , living close to the kindergarden where her shoes and phonewhere found, is now ARRESTED for FALS STATEMENT to the police. He had gone very early on to the police saying he had seen Sigrid, then described her clothing and some details that was NOT relized to the press, and how he had heard a sceary movie scream and then something that sounded like a car door slamming. This person was also jailed a few years back for a very brutal rape of another girl...

So two weeks after Sigrid went missing, the police where doing a RECONSTRUCTION of this mans sighting. From his appartment (ballcony where he says he was smoking) and with the same lighting outside as that awful evening. They placed a person with one of this bright yellow vest on, where he said he saw Sigrid, and even tough this person made a lot of movements from that spot, with that yellow vest on, they could not see that person at all !! And thats how they discovered this mans sighting was not true at all !

We still dont know if this person is the one that has taken Sigrid, but we do know he lied, and he did give details the press had not reliesed.. But without finding any forensic evidence or Sigrid, they can't yet, blame him for doing something to her.. Lets see what happens the enxt days...

What is interresting is to see how the reconstruction and fals statements leaded them to this man... This man has also been interviewd by newspaper early on talking about his sighting that evening...

After he got arrested for fals statement, the policce arrived at his appartment with dogs trained to detect the smalles amount of blood, bodyflueds etc..

I wonder what the PJ would have detected if they ever got a reconstruction of the evening of 3 may 2007 with the tapas group.. If Jane Tanners sighting would have been truthful or not.. I( im sure it wouldnt)

Plzpray for Sigrid, and lets hope she is still alive !! Tough that is probably not likely.. Lets just hope we find her one way or the other...

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.09.12 16:50

This is so interesting Moa. So the man - although he had a record got in touch with the police? Or had the police simply been asking people in the neighbourhood? If he got in touch with them with a story to rule himself out he took a risk of course.

But just like the Tia case, the police aren't superhuman. Although the story he told is a little suspect of course. Did anyone else hear the scream?

If the reconstruction was done in PdL it would have shown up all the lies immediately. Sorry, not lies, Gerry calls them 'inconsistencies' which were inevitable with so many people taking part...

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.09.12 18:10

@tigger wrote:This is so interesting Moa. So the man - although he had a record got in touch with the police? Or had the police simply been asking people in the neighbourhood? If he got in touch with them with a story to rule himself out he took a risk of course.

But just like the Tia case, the police aren't superhuman. Although the story he told is a little suspect of course. Did anyone else hear the scream?

If the reconstruction was done in PdL it would have shown up all the lies immediately. Sorry, not lies, Gerry calls them 'inconsistencies' which were inevitable with so many people taking part...

He got intouch with the police himself. The next day as the news told about what happened. And ofcourse he lived right across the street of the kindergarden where her shoes and phone and one sock where found., so he saw all the police, people etc..

Some witnesses say they hear screaming, some say it was quiet. two boys walked the street filming, just 30 min before Sigrid, they said they where making noices when they filmed walking home. So probably thos who heard screaming, heard them.

I dont think the police believe she went missing outside the kindergarden, right next to this mans appartment. I think they have found by using mobile pings, that she has been taken before she arrived to that point, and that her things has been thrown there. Also because of how the shoes and phone where found they believe this..

So he might not have lied because he has done something to her. but again why say you saw something when you didnt in a seriouse case like this? And how could he describe details about her clothing that was not written about in the press? Or told elsewhere?

But this man has a girlfriend. And at first I wonder what women would date a former raper.. Then we found out his girlfriend is from another country, probably thailand, and speak no norwegian and it is her first time here in Norway. This woman is his alibi... And she says there was only a few minutes when she was showering he was left alone..

SO only time will show, in the mean time people are still searching for her, and the reward for clues is now out there and its 100.000 Euros. (1 million Norwegian krones)

He left his testimony weeks before any reward was given. Her parents only had the reward out there for a week or so...

AS you say, why give a story to rule out yourself, take that risk? maybe because of his history he tought they would think the same. That he wouldn't do that if he had don it? I dont know maybe he just want attention and just got lucky on the details...

He is relized from jail and they have not charged him for more so far, just the fals statement...

Back to top Go down

Remindes me of someone

Post by Guest on 03.09.12 7:34

Ib todays news, this man charged for false statement is in the news with the header : I feel judged by the news and have to hide out..

This man has been jailed and sentenced 5 years ago for a rape he did. He then goes to the police with a false statement in this case. And then cry about feeling judged? OMG what the Fuck do you expect people to think about you then ? And his loyer ofcourse blames the police ...

Reminded me of someone else...

Back to top Go down

Maybe found

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 6:51

A dead body was found late last night in the woods, only a few miles from where Sigrid disappeared.. An otopsy will be done this morning to find out who it is but no other person is missing around this area... We will know in the end of this day if it's her or not....

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlefish on 04.09.12 7:54

This poor girl and her parents. It sounds as though Sigrid was literally 'snatched from the street', like Millie Dowler. I used to tell my daughter to cycle to school, rather than walk, as I figured if someone wanted to take her, they'd have to deal with the bike. I know stranger abductions are extremely rare, but even given the statistics, I dreaded this more than a road accident. So we found a route where my daughter didn't have to use roads at all. Of course, one fateful day she decided the cut-through near to school was too crowded with other pupils, and rather than get off and push her bike, she used the main road...you can guess the rest; it involved emergency services and a very lucky escape on her part. The thing is though, I suspect a determined criminal will take a child if they want to, bicycle or no. Probably the safest way to travel is with others, but this isn't always possible and is such a curtailment of freedom that it can't be enforced, even by the most protective parents.

Littlefish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A life for a life

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.12 8:13

Moa wrote:This person was also jailed a few years back for a very brutal rape of another girl...
So it now looks like this same man brutally raped and killed a 16-year-old. He should have been sent to a labour camp for 40 years for the brutal rape, instead of released to commit this murder. Now, he should be executed.

The old Jewish principle: 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth' was fair.

A life for a life.

That's not revenge.

It's justice

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 04.09.12 8:22

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Moa wrote:This person was also jailed a few years back for a very brutal rape of another girl...
So it now looks like this same man brutally raped and killed a 16-year-old. He should have been sent to a labour camp for 40 years for the brutal rape, instead of released to commit this murder. Now, he should be executed.

A life for a life.

That's not revenge.

It's justice

It is with the most profound sadness Tony, that I agree with you. How absolutely terrible for the little girl who must surely have died, in pain and suffering, and for her parents, to ever come to terms with their loss, is unimaginable. May their god give them strength.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 8:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:

A life for a life.

That's not revenge.

It's justice

We do not know if its her yet, and we do not know if its her, if he did it.. Its in a wood right behind a gas station with Security cams., police collected them this morning. I do have a feeling it is her , but we will now within a few hours ....

Maximum punishment in Norway is 21 Year in jail....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 9:16

Link to the news if anyone is interrested

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10060523

Link to all the news from day 1 in this case - http://www.dagbladet.no/tag/sigrid-saken

Back to top Go down

Two men arrested

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 9:44

Latest news is that two men at age 30 and 60 !! are arrested in the Sigrid case. The police has still not confirmed if the dead body is Sigrid or not ... The one man arrested for false statement is not one of this two.. So he might after all be innocent in doing her anything, why he lied we still dont know... Im sure there will be more information soon !

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10060533

Back to top Go down

BREIVUK - Only 99.5 days in prison for each murder

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.12 10:08

Moa wrote:[Maximum punishment in Norway is 21 years in jail...
Yes, thank you Moa, I think we were also told that during the trial of Anders Breivik, who received a 21-year jail sentence.

Breivik killed 77 people, robbing them of their futures.

Breivik virtually destroyed the lives of 77 sets of families.

And caused grief and distress to all those who knew the 77 people killed - and to many other people besides, not least the emergency services who had to deal with this massacre.

So, under Norwegian law, he kills 77 people, and is sentenced to 21 years, the absolute maximum.

I have done a quick calculation.

For each life he has taken, for each family life he has destroyed, the Norwegian justice system has sentenced him to just 99.5 days in prison for each killing.

There is no justice whatsoever in that

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 10:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Moa wrote:[Maximum punishment in Norway is 21 years in jail...
Yes, thank you Moa, I think we were also told that during the trial of Anders Breivik, who received a 21-year jail sentence.

Breivik killed 77 people, robbing them of their futures.

Breivik virtually destroyed the lives of 77 sets of families.

And caused grief and distress to all those who knew the 77 people killed - and to many other people besides, not least the emergency services who had to deal with this massacre.

So, under Norwegian law, he kills 77 people, and is sentenced to 21 years, the absolute maximum.

I have done a quick calculation.

For each life he has taken, for each family life he has destroyed, the Norwegian justice system has sentenced him to just 99.5 days in prison for each killing.

There is no justice whatsoever in that

Well , acually thats not totally right, We have a sentence that is called "forvaring" not sure what english word for that is. But in practise that mean if you are judged 21 years with forvaring, its basicly life sentence. Because he will not get out of jail until the police/state believe he is no longer dangerouse.. So in ABB case HE WILL ROT IN JAIL :D

We have two people in Norway with a sentence like that. one is Anders BB the other are the two boys that killed and raped to little girls at the age of 10, back in year 2000...One of this boys, the leader got 21 year with forvaring, and will never get out of jail...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 10:29

I've not heard of this case with the two little girls, Moa. Are you saying that the boys responsible were only 10 years old?!! Is it possible to provide an English language link?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariita on 04.09.12 10:46

Jean wrote:I've not heard of this case with the two little girls, Moa. Are you saying that the boys responsible were only 10 years old?!! Is it possible to provide an English language link?

I think Moa meant that the girls were 10 years old...?

Mariita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 10:51

@Mariita wrote:
Jean wrote:I've not heard of this case with the two little girls, Moa. Are you saying that the boys responsible were only 10 years old?!! Is it possible to provide an English language link?

I think Moa meant that the girls were 10 years old...?

Yes the girls was 10 years old, the boys where 19 ... One of the girls mum has this fundation Stinesofiestiftelsen.no

Its know as : the Baneheia murders, her is a wiki link in english http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baneheia_murders

I live in the city it happened in, and HORRIFYING ENOUGH, I knew one of the boys jailed for this , I used to play with him as a child....Makes my skin curl..

Back to top Go down

Press conference

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 15:24

At 1800 there will be a press konferance to the news from the police regarding the dead body found . We will then know if it is Sigrid that's found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 16:17

Latest news one of the arrested men, the one that is 37 is now charged with murder of a woman., they have not confirmed that it is Sigrid , and we will know that six o clock..

This case I have followed closely the last four weeks, I hope it is okey that I have the thread on here, even tough I'm probably is the only one from Norway on this sites , but the case is close to where I lived and I have also been out searching for this girl so..... But I do understand that for people in other countries where children go missing every day this case is not a big interest for them...and the news about it are not in English either so not so easy to follow it for others than us Norwegian people's...

And it's interesting to see how the police work in cases like this where the parents are for sure innocent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 18:15

My only link to your country Moa is the three months I spent in Bergen when I was 8, back in almost prehistoric times, and my knowledge of the language is now totally non-existant!

However I have been interested to read about this case as it's something that is relevant to everyone when a child of whatever age goes missing. I can only imagine what it was like for the family when items were found which provided no other explanation than that the girl had come to harm.

At least when a teenager or adult vanishes without trace, there is a hope that they may have gone of their own accord and be quite happy somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Sigrid is found dead

Post by Guest on 04.09.12 18:56

It is sadly now confirmed that it was Sigrid that was found dead last night, in the woods...

A man 37 and a man 64 years old are arrested and charged with the murders..

God bless the family and rest in peace sweet Sigrid ....

Back to top Go down

A missing person case - solved after 20 years

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.12 19:16

Moa, your contributions from Norway are always welcome, by the way.

The case you refer to reminds me of a very moving book just issued here in the UK, called "If You Sit Very Still", by Marian Partington (published in May).

It tells the story of how, on 27 December 1973, a 21-year-old Exeter University student, Lucy Partington (younger sister of Marian Partington), vanished after setting off from a friend in Cheltenham (Gloucestershire) to catch a bus back to Gretton, where she lived.

Four months after Lucy disappeared, the distraught elder sister had a dream about Lucy, in which Marian asked Lucy where she had been. In the dream, Lucy said: "I've been sitting in a water meadow near Grantham. If you sit very still, you can hear the sun move".

Hence the title of the book.

It was a full 20 years before Marian found out what had happened to her beloved sister.

Before being able to get on the bus, Lucy had been offered, and accepted, what seemed at the time to be a generous offer of a lift.

But the lift was offered by two of Britain's most notorious serial killers, Fred and Rosemary West.

What happened to Lucy after she accepted this lift is a thousand times too gruesome to state on this forum

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.09.12 19:21

Moa wrote:It is sadly now confirmed that it was Sigrid that was found dead last night, in the woods...

A man 37 and a man 64 years old are arrested and charged with the murders..

God bless the family and rest in peace sweet Sigrid ....

Those poor parents and that poor girl. If you are sending your condolences to the parents via a website or something, please add that there are many people abroad who feel for them.
It it the man you were writing about, the false witness who has been arrested?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum