The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleines Great Uncle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by EJW on 05.08.12 16:13

Hello all

I have just finished reading a book by Rose Rouse called Missing People (published Feb 2008). The first chapter is about Madeleine. In the first few paragraphs the release of pink balloons in Leicestershire, to coincide with Madeleines fourth birthday, is described. The person coordinating the balloon release is named as Brian Kennedy, the Great Uncle of Madeleine.

I was unaware that Brian Kennedy was her Great Uncle, if indeed it is the same Brian Kennedy. Is there more information on here about this? Is this true? Mods please feel free to move this if this is in the wrong topic.

EJW

Posts : 183
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by tigger on 05.08.12 16:53

@EJW wrote:Hello all

I have just finished reading a book by Rose Rouse called Missing People (published Feb 2008). The first chapter is about Madeleine. In the first few paragraphs the release of pink balloons in Leicestershire, to coincide with Madeleines fourth birthday, is described. The person coordinating the balloon release is named as Brian Kennedy, the Great Uncle of Madeleine.

I was unaware that Brian Kennedy was her Great Uncle, if indeed it is the same Brian Kennedy. Is there more information on here about this? Is this true? Mods please feel free to move this if this is in the wrong topic.

A Brian Kennedy is indeed Maddie's great-uncle (Kate's uncle) but the Brian Kennedy of double glazed windows, football clubs and rugby clubs is a different and possibly far more interesting person. He was bankrolling the mcCanns for no other reason than that he wanted to, he contacted witnesses in the case and has altogether been invaluable - a word than can be interpreted any way you like.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Relatively speaking

Post by Guest on 05.08.12 17:04

Nothing to do with Brian Kennedy but, just for curiosity's sake (all right, nosiness!) can anyone find out anything about Hugh McCann, Gerry's father's younger brother? He is variously described as having died in 1999 and yet somehow managed to go on the Donegal trip in April 2007!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by EJW on 05.08.12 17:21

Thanks Tigger that's cleared that up for me. For a minute there I was rather confused as I had always assumed that Brian Kennedy got involved for his own "altruistic" reasons and then I read that he was her Great Uncle !? Confusion over.

EJW

EJW

Posts : 183
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by Nina on 05.08.12 17:25

@EJW wrote:Thanks Tigger that's cleared that up for me. For a minute there I was rather confused as I had always assumed that Brian Kennedy got involved for his own "altruistic" reasons and then I read that he was her Great Uncle !? Confusion over.

EJW

I am sure he got in touch for his own reasons, not sure about the altruism though.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2695
Reputation : 240
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by Guest on 05.08.12 17:48

@Nina wrote:
@EJW wrote:Thanks Tigger that's cleared that up for me. For a minute there I was rather confused as I had always assumed that Brian Kennedy got involved for his own "altruistic" reasons and then I read that he was her Great Uncle !? Confusion over.

EJW

I am sure he got in touch for his own reasons, not sure about the altruism though.
***
I doubt the altruism too & I can only think of 2 possible other reasons, one of which is money white wash. I will not mention the other one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by EJW on 05.08.12 22:31

Châtelaine wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@EJW wrote:Thanks Tigger that's cleared that up for me. For a minute there I was rather confused as I had always assumed that Brian Kennedy got involved for his own "altruistic" reasons and then I read that he was her Great Uncle !? Confusion over.

EJW

I am sure he got in touch for his own reasons, not sure about the altruism though.
***
I doubt the altruism too & I can only think of 2 possible other reasons, one of which is money white wash. I will not mention the other one.



Hence the quotation marks. I am under no illusion that anything he has done has been for altruistic reasons.

EJW

Posts : 183
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 8:30

Jean wrote:Nothing to do with Brian Kennedy but, just for curiosity's sake (all right, nosiness!) can anyone find out anything about Hugh McCann, Gerry's father's younger brother? He is variously described as having died in 1999 and yet somehow managed to go on the Donegal trip in April 2007!

It really is an exceptional family if that's the case. Is he part of the family reunion in April? One wonders where these 26/42/5/10 people stayed whilst visiting their Irish roots. It was the first visit ever for G&K McCann.
The Irish are a generous lot and there are a lot of American/Irish - surely a target group if one is selling a Celtic 'product'.
Perhaps the family reunion did take place prior to 1999 when Uncle Hugh was alive and included and the whole thing was moved to 2007.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleines Great Uncle?

Post by Guest on 06.08.12 9:04

There are certainly some newspaper reports that state that Uncle Hughie was one of the McCann clan who went to Donegal in April 2007. They are I think (and hope) on the very interesting topic McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007.

I personally think that the Irish link was exaggerated to appeal to the kind heartedness of the Irish people and indeed they were very generous with donations to the fund. Another good marketing ploy methinks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum