The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine before Portugal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine before Portugal

Post by tuom on 03.08.12 20:59

candyfloss wrote:
Jean wrote:
Jean wrote:Thanks JD. I'm glad that I didn't imagine it. It had a really unlikely quote attributed to the child concerned - on hearing of Madeleine's disappearance, he said "Isn't that the little girl I played with yesterday?"

It is indeed odd that, despite the name Madeleine McCann being known all over the world, we know so little about her. She seems to have lived her life in a vacuum with no contact with anyone outside her family.

The article has now appeared on another topic.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/first-19-05-07.htm

It's the partial article beginning "We feel so much for Maddie's mum".

Does anyone know anything about the magazine the story is in? I've never heard of it.

This is the topic Jean, it might be best to discuss this there, as this topic is Madeleine before Portugal.

[url=http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5390-a-witness-who-sees-maddie-the-day-before-she-disappeared
http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5390-a-witness-who-sees-maddie-the-day-before-she-disappeared[/quote[/url]]

Yes CF this topic is called Madeleine before Portugal ???? not exactly hopping with posts thought is it !!! I rest my suitcases

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 04.08.12 2:00

@Nina wrote:
@tuom wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:Another person who needs to be traced is the person whose life Gerry is supposed to have saved on the plane back. It's amazing that he has never been asked to speak out to say how wonderful Gerry was.

Ah Yes ! and the ambulance driver , the flight attendents, other passengers , the kind thief who sent the wallet back ( iirc) and I repeat again all of Rothley FGS ! someone must have something to say about MMC , toy shop ? swimming pool ? McDonalds ? sweet shop ? playground ? Santa ? anyone ???????

I remember that a resident once did, a woman.
No one dare, at least not with their identity known, their life would be made hell. I have no doubt there will be some from the group you have mentioned above who could tell us a lot but just don't dare.

forget about the rothley residents being worried to speak out. what is more important is why local people have not come forward with story's to confirm what a nice family the MCCanns were meant to be.

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.08.12 7:42

@justathought wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@tuom wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:Another person who needs to be traced is the person whose life Gerry is supposed to have saved on the plane back. It's amazing that he has never been asked to speak out to say how wonderful Gerry was.

Ah Yes ! and the ambulance driver , the flight attendents, other passengers , the kind thief who sent the wallet back ( iirc) and I repeat again all of Rothley FGS ! someone must have something to say about MMC , toy shop ? swimming pool ? McDonalds ? sweet shop ? playground ? Santa ? anyone ???????

I remember that a resident once did, a woman.
No one dare, at least not with their identity known, their life would be made hell. I have no doubt there will be some from the group you have mentioned above who could tell us a lot but just don't dare.

forget about the rothley residents being worried to speak out. what is more important is why local people have not come forward with story's to confirm what a nice family the MCCanns were meant to be.

big grin Good point!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One on 04.08.12 11:22

"We should have been at home, where we'd arranged a joint party in Leicester for Madeleine and two of her classmates at nursery, her best friend Sofia, who had been born on the same day, and a little boy called Sam whose birthday was within a few days of theirs. they had been going to have their first disco. I'd bought a couple of girl-band CDs a few weeks earlier and we'd been having singalongs in the car to warm up for it. The memory of Madeleine, sitting in the back seat, singing her heart out along with the Pussycat Dolls still makes me laugh. And cry."

Kate doesn't mention where the party was to be or who did the organizing. She also doesn't mention hearing from Sofia or Sam's parents as you'd expect.

One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Up on 04.08.12 11:43

@One wrote:"... we'd been having singalongs in the car to warm up for it. The memory of Madeleine, sitting in the back seat, singing her heart out along with the Pussycat Dolls still makes me laugh. And cry."

I think if I were her Mother, I think I'd cry. The Pussycat Dolls? For a four year old? Oh puh-lease!

So, along with her love of Doctor Who and Harry Potter, we now have her enjoyment of music from a slutty girl band. What precocious taste for a pre-schooler.

"Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Doncha wish your girlfriend was free like me? Doncha? Doncha?"

Kate, get a grip!

Fred Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.08.12 14:20

Is that a quote from Kate's book, One?

I'm having trouble believing that even Kate with her fragile grip on reality would think that the Pussy Cat Dolls are suitable for pre-schoolers.

http://www.youtube.com/waych?v=YNSxNsr4wmA

Back to top Go down

Post by One on 04.08.12 14:31

Yes, Jean, it's P127 according to my kindle.

I think unfortunately Kate makes some very poor choices when it comes to Madeleine's activities/interests.

Interestingly the sentence that precedes it isn't much better:

"Not being with her today, loving her, pleasing her, enjoying her delight, was unbearable"

One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.08.12 14:33

When they were describing Maddie on the website, it made me laugh when they said she was a keen runner!! I could just imagine Maddie saying 'Mum...just going for a run around the block'!! Then I remember she was only 3 years old!!!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.08.12 14:36

Thanks One. I knew about the loving and pleasing her comment and the possible implications of it are very distasteful indeed.

I sometimes think that Kate reads books to give her an idea as to what constitutes being a mother. I dread to think what sort she's been reading to come out with a comment like that!

Back to top Go down

Post by fabpete on 04.08.12 18:55

Madeleines' best friend was Sofia,
Robert Murats' daughter (who is apparently a similar age to Madeleine) is called Sofia, another amazing coincidence?
Strange that there were never any interviews from Madeleines' friends parents in the early days, but there have never really been any interviews with friends other than the Tapas "friends"

fabpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 04.08.12 19:12

@One wrote:Yes, Jean, it's P127 according to my kindle.

I think unfortunately Kate makes some very poor choices when it comes to Madeleine's activities/interests.

Interestingly the sentence that precedes it isn't much better:

"Not being with her today, loving her, pleasing her, enjoying her delight, was unbearable"

Loving her, do you have to be with her Kate to love her. Pleasing her, to give pleasure, how? Enjoy her delight, what delights her Kate? You see we get the outcome, but not what it is that causes it.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum