The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Questions to Mr Stephen Birch

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions to Mr Stephen Birch

Post by sweetex on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm

@jd wrote:Well I disagree with you on this. He is making serious claims in a serious worldwide known child disappearnce case, and nobody putting themselves into the limelight would write 'lol, hahaha, Jill is hot' etc. He would write as he speaks in his interviews which is intellectual & professionally. He writes on this forum (only) like he has had a personality transplant (assuming it is the real SB). It doesn't add up to me in the slightest

Hi JD :)

You will see on the other thread I posted an Afrikaans message to Mr Birch commenting on his sense of humour. I agree, specially his first post did come across as a post from someone much younger and maybe "less professional". Looking at the lol, haha Jill is hot comment, like Gizmosgirl said, that is typically a comment any South African male will make. I know it sounds off, and not at all appropriate. It could also be his way of "breaking the ice", an attempt to feel more comfortable, or to take the spot light off him? Does it make sense?

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:57 pm

To the 'Stephen Birch' on this forum, there is a very simple test you can do to verify yourself that you are the real one. Post a comment on your youtube account referring back to this forum, or just post a comment with anything that tells us you are the real one on here

If you can post on a public forum here, then you can post on your youtube account

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvMyjtwGjYfQiWxYUE1-IYg

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 pm

I would like to say that I share JD's reservations on the authenticity of the poster. Unfortunately it is so easy nowadays to appear to be someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 pm

@sweetex wrote:

You will see on the other thread I posted an Afrikaans message to Mr Birch commenting on his sense of humour. I agree, specially his first post did come across as a post from someone much younger and maybe "less professional". Looking at the lol, haha Jill is hot comment, like Gizmosgirl said, that is typically a comment any South African male will make. I know it sounds off, and not at all appropriate. It could also be his way of "breaking the ice", an attempt to feel more comfortable, or to take the spot light off him? Does it make sense?

I understand what you are saying sweetex, but in this context I do not buy it until I am proven wrong. He only has to post a comment on his youtube which we know is him, which would answer this once and for all

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Jean wrote:I would like to say that I share JD's reservations on the authenticity of the poster. Unfortunately it is so easy nowadays to appear to be someone else.

Far too easy!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:05 pm

@jd wrote:
@sweetex wrote:

I understand what you are saying sweetex, but in this context I do not buy it until I am proven wrong. He only has to post a comment on his youtube which we know is him, which would answer this once and for all

I have had reservations myself. How can one be sure 100%? But I think the fact that the account refers back to his business e-mail should be seen as positive.

I got the idea he doesn't read all posts on here. Maybe also a male thing, big grin but hopefully he will see your request and that will clear it up for everyone.

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm

@sweetex wrote:
@jd wrote:
@sweetex wrote:

I have had reservations myself. How can one be sure 100%? But I think the fact that the account refers back to his business e-mail should be seen as positive.

I got the idea he doesn't read all posts on here. Maybe also a male thing, but hopefully he will see your request and that will clear it up for everyone.

Oh dear,

sweetex, where did you get the idea that he doesn´t read all the posts here, are you in the know?

Invinoveritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 pm

@jd wrote:
Jean wrote:I would like to say that I share JD's reservations on the authenticity of the poster. Unfortunately it is so easy nowadays to appear to be someone else.

Far too easy!
Easy? No, I disagree, with due respect. It isn't easy at all to pretend you're someone else. It's comparable to straight forward lying. You have to remember so much more than if speaking the truth. Your brain [knowing the real stuff] will kick in every time and again [it's called a Freudian] and slip up the truth and inconsistencies and muddle the waters with words with are only true to yourself ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Can someone tell me how he knew that an article about him would be in the Portuguese papers the next day, which it was??

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 pm

@Invinoveritas wrote: IOh dear, sweetex, where did you get the idea that he doesn´t read all the posts here, are you in the know?

No, I don't know. I'm guessing, because he only answers certain questions. I don't expect him to answer all of it, but he doesn't even acknowledge certain questions that were asked twice.

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm

candyfloss wrote:Can someone tell me how he knew that an article about him would be in the Portuguese papers the next day, which it was??

Perhaps he gave an interview while in PDL ? he has certainly captured the attention on this forum anyway and also took the spotlight away from other issues i.e. KMC as ambassador etc and he has also brought the whole case full circle and back to RM , I am at a loss as to his motives , I have to read more about RM and the brother and sister who say SB took their evidence, as this is questions to SB , I ask him again as others have , how does he explain the dog's findings ?

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Châtelaine wrote:
@jd wrote:

Far too easy!
Easy? No, I disagree, with due respect. It isn't easy at all to pretend you're someone else. It's comparable to straight forward lying. You have to remember so much more than if speaking the truth. Your brain [knowing the real stuff] will kick in every time and again [it's called a Freudian] and slip up the truth and inconsistencies and muddle the waters with words with are only true to yourself ...

Mark Twain:
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything"

Invinoveritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm

In England we know what the papers are saying the night before, if we look...Sky News review at 9.30pm for example. Sometimes papers advertise a big story so it is quite feasible that last night he knew from somewhere that the story was going to be published

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm

@jd wrote:In England we know what the papers are saying the night before, if we look...Sky News review at 9.30pm for example. Sometimes papers advertise a big story so it is quite feasible that last night he knew from somewhere that the story was going to be published

I did check online very late last night all the PT papers online and there was nothing I could see jd.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm

candyfloss wrote:
I did check online very late last night all the PT papers online and there was nothing I could see jd.

Hopefully he will make a comment on his youtube account which will end all the speculation once and for all. I see no reason why he wouldn't if he is posting in public

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 pm

@Invinoveritas wrote: [...]

Mark Twain:
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything"
Mark Twain has said so many more things, absolutely true. This is one of my favourites and completely in line with my personal experience yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Me on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:07 am

Having read the thread two things stick out for me.

Firstly the bickering and arguing amongst existing members over trivial issues and langauge semantics is tiresome. It's one of the reasons i post less frequently than i used to.

Secondly in relation to Stephen Birch's appearance i just think there are too many unknowns at this stage and having gone public he really needs to add more meat to the bones of his hypothesis in order for this to count as a genuine breakthrough.

The constant questions offered here distract from the real issue, which is really Stephen's hypothesis and the evidence he has behind it which led him to Murat's garden.

I'd really like him to set his case out in more detail and then ask for questions from forum members.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 am

I 2nd that last one me,it just does seem at times a bit boring to pick up on some stuff,how many of us can prove who we are really?ITs all new ideas at present ,none would have expected a site on that garden ,how do we try to understandit ,after we have been looking at dogs etc etc for so long ,yes its hard to work it out ,but domt lets dismiss it just yet,no disrespect to anyone here ,we are trying to do same thing joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmosgirl on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:17 pm

@joyce1938 wrote:I 2nd that last one me,it just does seem at times a bit boring to pick up on some stuff,how many of us can prove who we are really?ITs all new ideas at present ,none would have expected a site on that garden ,how do we try to understandit ,after we have been looking at dogs etc etc for so long ,yes its hard to work it out ,but domt lets dismiss it just yet,no disrespect to anyone here ,we are trying to do same thing joyce1938

Well, the man has now said goodbye to this forum for a while and I really don't blame him. I'm sure he imagined he'd be entering a constructive, supportive forum, but all he got was a pack of bullies.

Gizmosgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm not so sure that he got a 'pack of bullies', more like a bunch of people who probably know a sh*t-load more than the average punter about this case. And for those people, his claim raises very specific questions. If he can't (or won't) address those questions then his theory loses credibility.

As to whether Stephen Birch of the ground-radar fame should post on a forum like this... well, I don't know. Seems to me that the quickest way to get police attention in Portugal and the UK would be to lay out a compelling argument to add credibility to his claim about the location of the body. This argument would, of course, have to convincingly accommodate the key pieces of evidence the PJ and SY already have.

The fact that the garden hasn't been dug up in the last 48 hours seems to indicate that neither PJ nor SY are convinced by this claim...so far.

In that context, I really don't know what Stephen Birch would be looking for by joining a forum such as this.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 am

Well said the Professor!

Mr Birch (if that is he) is behaving like a troll and has to expect to be taken to task for it. I'm sure he will be welcome if he returns and decides to partake in discussions properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 am

@Gizmosgirl wrote:
@joyce1938 wrote:I 2nd that last one me,it just does seem at times a bit boring to pick up on some stuff,how many of us can prove who we are really?ITs all new ideas at present ,none would have expected a site on that garden ,how do we try to understandit ,after we have been looking at dogs etc etc for so long ,yes its hard to work it out ,but domt lets dismiss it just yet,no disrespect to anyone here ,we are trying to do same thing joyce1938

Well, the man has now said goodbye to this forum for a while and I really don't blame him. I'm sure he imagined he'd be entering a constructive, supportive forum, but all he got was a pack of bullies.
Bullies? Birch parachuted in from nowhere and made the most serious allegation about the one spot in the world guaranteed to generate huge controversy, without showing any evidence to back up his claim.

Of course people are going to ask him questions winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:21 am

@Gizmosgirl wrote:

Shame he couldn't prove himself though. If he had then he would find everyone most welcoming

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 am

My two cents worth,

SB is the equivalent of an 'excitable' Madeleine sighter eager to report to the Police his sighting except his is for a "dead" child. It's a no wonder the Police didn't entertain him - they probably filed it under "bogus" sightings!

I'm surprised the Mccanns haven't CR-ed him because the morbid and forbidden "dead" word was used. In so far as we know the Mccanns will not entertain anything except an alive-child sighting. Their conviction of belief in a "live" child itself is a mystery.

Now, about SB's claim - for all we know it could be a family pet buried there. How SB is SO SURE it was Madeleine interned there is a mystery, and how he knew it was done on the 3rd May is another mystery. So all in all his hypothesis is a complete mystery.

He cant blame people for being sinister or cynical about his claim because his unorthodox and most people think illegal method (well trespassing is a crime) is another mystery. Which begs the question what led him to Murat's property in the first place?
A conviction that Murat was involved must have been his firm belief, else how to explain his madness night visits there with a garden geo-radar he'd got to get through hazzle of customs.

Either he's a hoaxer or the Mccanns put him up to it. I know it's madness to think that but hey nothing is beyond contemptible mccanns..
Not only they havent set their bull dog on him, Kate even gave an interview on it. Bizzare NO? Why did she see the need to appear on TV to discredit him, not as if the Police are taking this "extraordinary" claim seriously/

And what about Murat, did Murat sue this guy for trespassing?

Lastly , if he wants to be taken seriously, why be put off by people's negative reactions to his hypothesis - isn't it expected? It comes with the turf one would have thought especially since he joined an interactive forum. I'm sorry like one poster said he's to throw off more meat with his bone.

He must be amazed people entertain him, the Police didn't for a good reason.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:55 pm

@aiyoyo wrote:My two cents worth,

SB is the equivalent of an 'excitable' Madeleine sighter eager to report to the Police his sighting except his is for a "dead" child. It's a no wonder the Police didn't entertain him - they probably filed it under "bogus" sightings!

I'm surprised the Mccanns haven't CR-ed him because the morbid and forbidden "dead" word was used. In so far as we know the Mccanns will not entertain anything except an alive-child sighting. Their conviction of belief in a "live" child itself is a mystery.

Now, about SB's claim - for all we know it could be a family pet buried there. How SB is SO SURE it was Madeleine interned there is a mystery, and how he knew it was done on the 3rd May is another mystery. So all in all his hypothesis is a complete mystery.

He cant blame people for being sinister or cynical about his claim because his unorthodox and most people think illegal method (well trespassing is a crime) is another mystery. Which begs the question what led him to Murat's property in the first place?
A conviction that Murat was involved must have been his firm belief, else how to explain his madness night visits there with a garden geo-radar he'd got to get through hazzle of customs.

Either he's a hoaxer or the Mccanns put him up to it. I know it's madness to think that but hey nothing is beyond contemptible mccanns..
Not only they havent set their bull dog on him, Kate even gave an interview on it. Bizzare NO? Why did she see the need to appear on TV to discredit him, not as if the Police are taking this "extraordinary" claim seriously/

And what about Murat, did Murat sue this guy for trespassing?

Lastly , if he wants to be taken seriously, why be put off by people's negative reactions to his hypothesis - isn't it expected? It comes with the turf one would have thought especially since he joined an interactive forum. I'm sorry like one poster said he's to throw off more meat with his bone.

He must be amazed people entertain him, the Police didn't for a good reason.

When SB was hauling his scanner over Murat's wall, how did he not know that someone would walk past at that precise time and ask him what the h*ll he was doing, or how did he not know that Jenny Murat wouldn't come out of the house at the moment and find him digging up her garden. No doubt his scanner would have been confiscated by the Police if they were called, that would be £40,000 down the drain before he even started digging and why would be fly all the way from SA on a "whim".

How would he explain to the police that he had evidence that Madeleine was buried there, if he had been told this information by someone, wouldn't that be "withholding information to a criminal investigation".

I have a niggling feeling that the McCanns are behind this, maybe to garner more sympathy from the general public to go hand in hand with Kate McCann's knewly acquired "Ambassador" role with the dodgy Missing People charity, knowing that many, many people on forums would be totally shocked by this announcement (me included) but it had to be balanced out with Kate playing the "poor me" role again if the public are blinded by the charade of someone looking for a dead Madeleine in the Murat's garden - "oh poor Kate, how terrible for her to have to read about this terrible person saying that Madeleine is dead and wanting to dig up a garden to find her when Kate is putting everything she's got into 'helping' a charity".

Everything the McCanns touch seems to have a shady background or shady connections. SB seems to be another one in the long list.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum