The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Pat Brown's blog

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pat Brown's blog

Post by PeterMac on 07.07.12 13:23

With all acknowledgements to Pat.
http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com.es/
FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2012
Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: Sherlock Holmes on Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann Review
W: So, Holmes, what do you think Scotland Yard is doing in the Madeleine McCann case?

H: Well, Watson, there are only two options: they are searching for truth and justice or they are using four million taxpayer dollars to cover up a crime.

W: What would show they are searching for truth and justice, Holmes?

H: They would be seeking justice for those who perpetrated crimes against a little three-year-old girl.

W: So, let me see if I have this right; they would be following evidence and statistics which would mean they would look at the parents first since there is evidence that they were the last ones to see her, they admitted to her neglect, and because cadaver and blood dogs hit in their apartment and car, and they would also investigate the parents because statistics show caretakers are the ones most likely involved when a child of Madeleine's age disappears or dies in their care. Then, if the parents can be cleared, they should look for a local child sex predator who murdered her since statistics overwhelmingly support a child this age would be kidnapped, raped, and murdered within an hour by a man living in the vicinity.

H: Correct, Watson. But, Scotland Yard hasn't spent any time analyzing the possibility of the parents' involvement in their daughter's disappearance nor have they spent any time focusing on the vicinity of the McCann's apartment or a local child sex predator.

W: I am confused, Holmes. Are you saying that they have spent four million dollars sifting through tips that would take them out of Portugal in search of a live Maddie living with a family somewhere?

H: This is what appears to be the fact, Watson.

W: Well, then, Holmes, I would have to deduce that Scotland Yard is rife with dunces or corruption.

H: Bravo, Watson! I think you have hit the nail on the head! All the evidence points to Madeleine McCann being dead but her parents and Scotland Yard have collectively purportedly spent some eight million dollars not seeking justice for little Maddie and not seeking to punish the perpetrator or perpetrators, but instead appear to be focusing on a statistical anomaly in spite of evidence to the contrary; they want the public to believe she is alive and being cared for by strangers for the last five years. Yet none of the investigators, not the McCann hired PIs nor Scotland Yard, has presented ONE shred of evidence to validate this cock-and-bull theory.

W: Then, why, Holmes, are so many attacking the Portuguese police, retired Detective Goncalo Amaral, Criminal Profiler Pat Brown, and the others who have worked to analyze the case and provide theories and evidence of Madeleine having died in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007? These folks haven't been milking the public and citizens of millions of dollars and then refusing to show them any of what they have discovered during their investigations.

H: Ah, Watson, I guess because there are a lot of people out there who just can't accept that Madeleine McCann is dead, has been dead, and will be dead, and there is not going to be a happy ending to the story.

W: Whoa, Holmes, aren't you afraid to say unequivocally that Madeleine McCann is dead? Aren't you worried the McCanns and Carter Ruck will be suing your deductive ass?

H: Well, let them have at it, Watson! Since I am a fictional character, they can sue me for my fictional money, and I will happily send them a fictional check for the fictional Madeleine Search Fund with my fictional signature on it. Good luck cashing that at the bank.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

July 6, 2012

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Cristobell on 07.07.12 14:59

Well, when you put it like that Pat, it does indeed show the absurdity of the whole case. I have recently been studying cases of missing children in the US, and what an eye opener it is, to see the cases investigated and discussed in the public arena, journalists asking pertinent questions and experts giving opinions, all without fear of libel laws and imprisonment.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by russiandoll on 07.07.12 17:14

quite incisive and cleverly written but I do not understand how she can claim the following as fact:

H: Correct, Watson. But, Scotland Yard hasn't spent any time analyzing the possibility of the parents' involvement in their daughter's disappearance nor have they spent any time focusing on the vicinity of the McCann's apartment or a local child sex predator

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by markus1976 on 09.07.12 6:15

can Pat Brown really be taken seriously. All her claims about suing the MccAnns, her Cease and Desist letter. She seems to have forgotten about all this.

markus1976

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by tigger on 09.07.12 6:38

quote:
W: Then, why, Holmes, are so many attacking the Portuguese police, retired Detective Goncalo Amaral, Criminal Profiler Pat Brown, and the others who have worked to analyze the case and provide theories and evidence of Madeleine having died in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007? These folks haven't been milking the public and citizens of millions of dollars and then refusing to show them any of what they have discovered during their investigations.

H: Ah, Watson, I guess because there are a lot of people out there who just can't accept that Madeleine McCann is dead, has been dead, and will be dead, and there is not going to be a happy ending to the story. unquote

That is the crux of the matter. No happy ending and so many people who want the fairy tale to end with a miraculous reunion - this fiction dreamt up by the media - a happy family, a beautiful, exceptional daughter, a nasty monster and 'good' to prevail at the end when they will live happily ever after.

A public conditioned by such stories will believe this obvious fiction, just to feel better about their own troubled daily lives.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by russiandoll on 09.07.12 20:17

I second all you say Tigger.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by tigger on 09.07.12 21:52

Tweets from Pat:
8th July 2012
PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Why didn't Scotland Yard spend a few pounds searching Monte do José Mestre, a desolate area where Gerry's phoned pinged near? #McCann


PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Why I believe Madeleine McCann is buried, in Monte do Jose Mestre & if I get the funds, I will search it. #McCann patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/03/crimin…

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by markus1976 on 10.07.12 6:37

@tigger wrote:Tweets from Pat:
8th July 2012
PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Why didn't Scotland Yard spend a few pounds searching Monte do José Mestre, a desolate area where Gerry's phoned pinged near? #McCann


PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Why I believe Madeleine McCann is buried, in Monte do Jose Mestre & if I get the funds, I will search it. #McCann patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/03/crimin…



Doesn't pat Brown realise this is a portuguese investigation, Scotland Yard can't search anywhere, but the PJ could.

markus1976

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by russiandoll on 10.07.12 9:48

Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by aquila on 10.07.12 10:06

@russiandoll wrote:Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.

I second that. Good post as usual russiandoll.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by uppatoffee on 10.07.12 10:24

@aquila wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.

I second that. Good post as usual russiandoll.

I agree. It seems like she has forgotten that at the centre of this is a missing 3 year old girl.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Meagain on 10.07.12 10:34

Well said Russiandoll.

K.

Meagain

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Guest on 10.07.12 17:42

Pat is a member here so I hope that in due course she will explain her recent actions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by pennylane on 10.07.12 19:03

I think Pat Brown deserves a great deal of respect. This lady flew all the way from California to Portugal, and spent a great deal of time assessing the local vicinity of where Madeleine went missing, and checking out the surrounding terrain and the area Mr Smith believed he saw Gerry McCann carrying Madeleine, and much, much more. She is not just an armchair critic, she has proven she cares.

I hope she is able to go back to Portugal again in the near future and report back to us on her findings!

You rock Pat!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Guest on 10.07.12 21:21

@pennylane wrote:I think Pat Brown deserves a great deal of respect. [...] She is not just an armchair critic, she has proven she cares. I hope she is able to go back to Portugal again in the near future and report back to us on her findings!
You rock Pat!
***
Yes, she does, doesn't she?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Guest on 11.07.12 0:12

PAT BROWN‏@ProfilerPatB
My blog post on Kate McCann being appointed ambassador for the Missing People charity. #McCann http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/07/criminal-profilng-topic-of-day-kate.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Pat Brown's Blog

Post by winjoy on 15.07.12 1:58

To dig or not to dig - Pat Brown's latest blog

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/

____________________
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. [George Washington]

winjoy

Posts : 92
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Woofer on 15.07.12 8:19

@russiandoll wrote:Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.


Pat has a criminal profiling business, profiling other cases besides this one, she is an author, she does media work and is obviously a very busy woman. I doubt whether she has the time to give one case her undivided attention to the exclusion of all her other work. Personally I`m just grateful she has found the time to show the interest she has to date.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by uppatoffee on 15.07.12 8:51

@Woofer wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.


Pat has a criminal profiling business, profiling other cases besides this one, she is an author, she does media work and is obviously a very busy woman. I doubt whether she has the time to give one case her undivided attention to the exclusion of all her other work. Personally I`m just grateful she has found the time to show the interest she has to date.

I think Russiandoll may have been referring to the content of the posts Woofer, rather than the fact that it had been a long time since posting about Madeleine.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Woofer on 15.07.12 9:02

@uppatoffee wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Ms Brown please do not associate yourself with Birch-like alleged activities, you are coming across as ghoulish with your talk of a search for a body and it smacks of jumping on a not very pleasant bandwagon.
btw how do you know what the Portuguese and British authorities have done/ are doing? They are working without publicising their activities and you are writing about their lack of certain actions as a fact.
Sorry to those of you who are fans of this woman, but her recent posts re this case after weeks of silence have really begun to annoy me.


Pat has a criminal profiling business, profiling other cases besides this one, she is an author, she does media work and is obviously a very busy woman. I doubt whether she has the time to give one case her undivided attention to the exclusion of all her other work. Personally I`m just grateful she has found the time to show the interest she has to date.

I think Russiandoll may have been referring to the content of the posts Woofer, rather than the fact that it had been a long time since posting about Madeleine.

Thanks, either way I`m still pleased a professional criminal profiler finds the time to present her expert views on this case.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by uppatoffee on 15.07.12 9:17

I agree Woofer, it is useful to have as many people as possible look at the case. I know though, that I have felt uncomfortable with the wording of some of her recent posts.

I am not sure about Birch and his motives however I think one positive thing that has come out of the whole affair is the response from Team McCann. As Pat so rightly says

"Should the McCanns push the police or Murat to take action? Well, if I were them and I were innocent, I would damn sure want that ground dug up because it would drive me crazy not to know if Maddie was really there or not."

This is the crux of the matter. If they are not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and are really looking to find out what happened to her, they MUST ask for the ground to be dug. Their pussyfooting around and waiting to see how this pans out only confirms in my mind what I already suspect. You would be desperate to find out whether there was any truth in the claims.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by Woofer on 15.07.12 9:56

@uppatoffee wrote:I agree Woofer, it is useful to have as many people as possible look at the case. I know though, that I have felt uncomfortable with the wording of some of her recent posts.

I am not sure about Birch and his motives however I think one positive thing that has come out of the whole affair is the response from Team McCann. As Pat so rightly says

"Should the McCanns push the police or Murat to take action? Well, if I were them and I were innocent, I would damn sure want that ground dug up because it would drive me crazy not to know if Maddie was really there or not."

This is the crux of the matter. If they are not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and are really looking to find out what happened to her, they MUST ask for the ground to be dug. Their pussyfooting around and waiting to see how this pans out only confirms in my mind what I already suspect. You would be desperate to find out whether there was any truth in the claims.

Totally agree uppatoffee. It`s an indication that either they don`t want her body found or they know it`s not there.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by pauline on 15.07.12 10:06

@Woofer wrote:
Totally agree uppatoffee. It`s an indication that either they don`t want her body found or they know it`s not there.

If they know its not there, surely logically they would push for the place to be dug up. Then the spin is poor Mccanns, no closure and this evil man has caused them more pain thinking that at least they might be able to give the remains of their daughter a Christian burial.

They don't want her body found as then they can't ask for money for the Fund to search and of course the body might, given modern forensic knowledge, indicate the killer.

So could the body actually be there - that would explain the refusal to insist on a dig here?

pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by russiandoll on 15.07.12 10:09

To clear up any confusion I was not disappointed that Pat B has been silent for a while on the Maddie case, simply that I found her first posts in a good while rather distasteful.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown's blog

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 15.07.12 21:58

Let's be realistic for a minute. This forum exists because many of us don't believe that MBM was 'abducted' and don't believe the abduction story.

That means that we believe that MBM died.

That means there is (or was) a body involved in this disappearance. I don't see how you can contest the McCann's abduction story and yet not want to deal with what that actually means?

So far, I've nothing but respect for Pat Brown's stand (and her courage in taking a stand).

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum