The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine is Alive

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by uppatoffee on 03.07.12 10:33

It's the story that just keeps on giving for newspapers. I just hope we are not all still going to be here in 10 years time discussing the latest "sighting". aaagh

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by russiandoll on 03.07.12 10:48

Did a person trained in deduction and with the use of logic write this? Incredible. Taken there by the Sun, well say no more there was an agenda as always.
The Sun needs a better proofreader, more than once the spelling "site " went through instead of sight


____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by jozi on 03.07.12 10:50

candyfloss wrote:It looks like it was the Sun who commisioned this report, which came out just at the time of the paperback book release, and the subsequent interviews with SY, and of course it was News International who serialised the book and RB pressuring Cameron for the review ............

(snipped from Sun Article from 29th April)

[b]The Portuguese authorities abandoned their investigation after 15 months, admitting they had no clues to what happened.


Whats this Ian ?

" The Portuguese authorities abandoned their investigation after 15 months, admitting they had no clues to what happened." That's not true though is it, Ian !!!

I think the Portuguese suspected the McCanns ?



jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by jd on 03.07.12 10:54

In February this year... I travelled to Portugal to review the investigation into the abduction of Madeleine McCann and the circumstances surround....Having tested the route myself,.........I also found that by turning right from the apartment he could have been totally out of sight within 30 seconds of leaving the apartment.

I have tried to look at this with fresh eyes untainted by what has been written in the past, much of which has been totally uninformed and not based upon any evidence, but on media reports, unreliable accounts, personal agendas, and sadly, often misguided vitriol. It is true to say that many of the police files have been released but these have not as yet led to any definitive conclusions.

In February 2012 I spent a lot of time looking at the scene and the locality.

Sounds identical to Pat Browns visit to PDL in February this year. Did Pat meet with Horricks seeing as they were there at the exact same time doing the exact same thing!

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by ShuBob on 03.07.12 11:01

IMO it is pointless dissecting that Horrocks piece of drivel. NO trained policeman- retired or otherwise- would dismiss police dogs out of hand let alone dogs with PROVEN track record.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 11:17

@ShuBob wrote:IMO it is pointless dissecting that Horrocks piece of drivel. NO trained policeman- retired or otherwise- would dismiss police dogs out of hand let alone dogs with PROVEN track record.

Exactly. Jason Farrell of Sky doesn't think so though......

Jason Farrell@JasonFarrellSky

Top Cop Ian Horrocks on the Madeleine #McCann case http://news.sky.com/story/955182/former-top-detective-madeleine-may-be-aliveThe best police analysis I've seen in 5 years of reporting on it.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by PeterMac on 03.07.12 11:50

@jd wrote:Sounds identical to Pat Browns visit to PDL in February this year. Did Pat meet with Horricks seeing as they were there at the exact same time doing the exact same thing!
No.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by tiny on 03.07.12 12:00

jason farrell,the only thing to say to your thoughts on this case is GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE MCCANNS AR*** AND GO READ THE FILES.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by jd on 03.07.12 12:07

@PeterMac wrote:
@jd wrote:Sounds identical to Pat Browns visit to PDL in February this year. Did Pat meet with Horricks seeing as they were there at the exact same time doing the exact same thing!
No.

Thats my point!

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 12:11

Ian Horrocks works for BGP Global Services, his page is here and his email address.......

http://www.bgpglobalservices.com/Ian-Horrocks.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by david_uk on 03.07.12 12:13

Was he purposely sent to PDL at the same time as Pats visit?. We all know how they like to counteract

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion

david_uk

Posts : 320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by jd on 03.07.12 12:20

@david_uk wrote:Was he purposely sent to PDL at the same time as Pats visit?. We all know how they like to counteract

Pat was there at the same time. Only she can confirm one way or another

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 12:23

@david_uk wrote:Was he purposely sent to PDL at the same time as Pats visit?. We all know how they like to counteract

Pat was originally going to PDL in February to support Goncalo Amaral in his libel trial, and when it was postponed she decided not to change her arrangements and went to do her own investigation. Ian Horrocks went in February as well for the Sun newspaper at the same time as the trial was due, so yet another strange coincidence.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by aquila on 03.07.12 12:31

candyfloss wrote:
@david_uk wrote:Was he purposely sent to PDL at the same time as Pats visit?. We all know how they like to counteract

Pat was originally going to PDL in February to support Goncalo Amaral in his libel trial, and when it was postponed she decided not to change her arrangements and went to do her own investigation. Ian Horrocks went in February as well for the Sun newspaper at the same time as the trial was due, so yet another strange coincidence.

...and an entirely different breed of retired police officer assisted Pat in her efforts and didn't get paid or write contradictory nonsense for a newspaper funded assignment.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by ShuBob on 03.07.12 13:35

The Sun are taking comments and so far, none are supportive of Horrocks and his paymasters.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 14:10

@ShuBob wrote:The Sun are taking comments and so far, none are supportive of Horrocks and his paymasters.



Yes not very favourable, a slightly rewritten piece from the original of 29th April 2012 but with same photo. It says published today at 11.55.... no journalist credited with the article. How can they publish this stuff as new when it is old re-cycled news, something is happening elsewhere no doubt.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4408124/Detective-Maddie-McCann-may-be-alive.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 18:07

Hola everybody howdy

Very silly stuff from Mr Horrocks isn't it. But he got this bit right anyway: "Jane Tanner should have been interviewed more thoroughly"

She's still the only 'fact' to support the abduction theory after 5 years and all the detectives involved. Doesn't that tell him something?

Horrocks writes:

"... as has been seen all too often before, both in the UK and elsewhere, the investigator often, albeit subconsciously will try to make the evidence fit his theory. This can be extremely dangerous. Although theories are of course a significant part of detective work, they should be based on evidence and not simply that you think you know what happened. The vital point is to keep an open mind and to go where the evidence leads, not where you think you want it to go."

then he decides on a theory there's not a scrap of evidence for (apart from Tanner) daft

He's also ignoring the eye defect, with all the implications the publicity that received would have had for Madeleine if she had been abducted.

Strange that Horrocks, as a former top cop, doesn't include in his options kidnap for ransom. He's very careful - as are all the journalists - to keep using the word abducted.

If K&G really were the completely uninvolved parents Horrocks thinks they are speculative articles like this giving them misplaced hope would be cruel, when there's absolutely nothing for him to base his theory on but the word of one person. Very, very cruel I think.

"I believe the later sighting by the Irish family to be irrelevant and not Madeleine." That's top police work there, Mr Horrocks lol4


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by russiandoll on 03.07.12 22:22

I believe the Smith sighting is relevant, but the child carried was not Madeleine. That or a red herring, but imo not Gerry carrying his daughter.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by sharonl on 03.07.12 22:29

Why would Brian Kennedy meet with Martin Smith? What possible reason could there have been for that meeting?

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3567
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 22:31

@sharonl wrote:Why would Brian Kennedy meet with Martin Smith? What possible reason could there have been for that meeting?

Good point sharonl.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Guest on 03.07.12 23:33

Excellent again from Blacksmith re the latest Ian Horrocks report....

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Euro championships special

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by BSAgirl on 04.07.12 0:14

Excellent post by Blacksmith as always....'Fibbers 'r' Us' - brilliant!

BSAgirl

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 68
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by ShuBob on 04.07.12 2:10

I think an otherwise good article was spoilt by Blacksmith's reference to "Special Needs classes" amongst other derogatory terms. Totally unnecessary in my opinion!

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Gillyspot on 04.07.12 6:34

@Gillyspot wrote:
It is my belief that Madeleine was targeted and her parents observed from shortly after they arrived at The Ocean Club. The McCann family arrived on Saturday 28th April 2007, and with the exception of Saturday evening, they dined every night in the Ocean Club on the complex. This pattern could have been observed by anyone, so by Thursday they could have been observed for up to four nights during which time their routine was firmly established. Whoever abducted Madeleine was then able to put their plan together." snip

"Now to the main question. Where is she now, and why has she not been discovered. Many have said that with all the publicity, she would have been seen. This is not necessarily correct; there are many instances where this has not happened. Also don’t forget that whoever took Madeleine knows that she could be recognised at any time and therefore they will go to any means necessary to ensure this does not happen. Could her hair be dyed a different colour, has she now got a tan, is she speaking a different language, has her hair been cut short and perhaps being dressed as a boy. These are just a few of the many ways in which she could be being disguised to prevent identification."
[/i]"

So a childless couple targeted from the start the only child in PDL with a (now) highly publicised (according to images released by her parents) very visible eye defect (whether it be a colombola or not) and according to Horrocks she could be easily disguised - but what about her EYES Ian!

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine is Alive

Post by Gillyspot on 04.07.12 7:12

Just been reading the comments in the Sun article & here is my favourite from Chooperh

"WOW, he has no credible evidence for or against any possible senario, however he has decided who may or may not be involved. Great bit of detective work."

Says it all. I hope EX DI Horrocks got a big fat paycheck for his "work".

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum