The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry #McCann: “(...) it was common for Madeleine to have nosebleeds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on 12.06.12 10:23

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/gerry-mccann-it-was-common-for.html?spref=tw

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry #McCann: “(...) it was common for Madeleine to have nosebleeds

Post by Hummingbird on 12.06.12 10:37

candyfloss wrote:Tuesday, June 12, 2012

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/gerry-mccann-it-was-common-for.html?spref=tw

'when asked if on any occasion MM was injured GM says that he has no comments!!'???????????????

'the defence lawyer requests he is asked again if MM bled, to which GM says it was common for MM to have nosebleeds, he says he doesn't know if his daughter bled in Portugal, because he does not want to be influenced by the news in the press regarding the detection of human blood in the apartment where his daughter disappeared'??????????????????????????????

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 11:44

Private Eye January 2010......

''Scientists urge reform of 'lethal'libel laws''.thundered the headline over a Times report on how the libel law was endangering public health by stopping peer-reviewed research appearing in medical journals.
It quoted Dr.Fiona Godlee, editor of the British Medical Journal, describing how one of BMJ's satellite magazines, Archives of Disease in Childhood, had turned down a paper describing clinical signs associated with child abuse.''These cases were all from the U.K., and the information should have been readily available to doctors inthe U.K.'' she said. ''Science and medical discussion must be open and critical''.
But what was the paper that Dr.Godlee feared might bring her colleaguesthe unwelcome attention of Carter Fuck and Mr.Justice Eady? Perhaps fearing a writ of it's own, the 'Thunderer coyly refused to say. The Eye can reveal that in 2007 Professor Neil McIntosh from the Department of Child Life and Health at the University of Edinburgh, and his associates submitted an exhaustive review of 58,059 infants admitted to Scottish A&E departments.
They were looking for examples of nosebleeds and coughing up blood,and suggested they were so rare among children under two that they could be signs of child abuse. They recommended that in future a paediatrician should check out children with nosebleeds, but were careful to add: ''No children described in this report suffered injury from definite abuse that was sufficiently worrying to trigger child protection proceedings at the time of the injury''.
Though no individual was named or accused, the lawyers went into a tizzy fearing that parents could sue the journal claiming the doctors were indirectly suggesting they may be abusers. That was enough of a chilling effect for the Archives of Disease in Childhood lawyers to stop publication.
Although it turned the paper down, 'Pediatrics' decided that Professor McIntosh and his team had produced important work and published it. 'Pediatrics ' is an American journal. Thus American doctors can read the results of a study of British children in British hospitals that British publishers dare not run.'''
'Ratbiter'.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 12.06.12 12:51

They were looking for examples of nosebleeds and coughing up blood,and suggested they were so rare among children under two that they could be signs of child abuse.
I think we also have to remember that Madeleine was a product of IVF and it's known that such children tend to have more health problems. Many of us believe that Madeleine did, so it might be possible that she was more suseptible to nosebleeds? I am not disagreeing with the quote above - it's just like all things, it's rarely black and white.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 13:01

@Miraflores wrote:
They were looking for examples of nosebleeds and coughing up blood,and suggested they were so rare among children under two that they could be signs of child abuse.
I think we also have to remember that Madeleine was a product of IVF and it's known that such children tend to have more health problems. Many of us believe that Madeleine did, so it might be possible that she was more suseptible to nosebleeds? I am not disagreeing with the quote above - it's just like all things, it's rarely black and white.

No, I only put this in as an 'extra'. I myself have frequent nosebleeds and have had these all my life, it is due to a particular gene I carry which also is the cause of a lot of bruising. I'm rarely without a bruise somewhere.
The fear of libel aspect of this report is far more interesting.

Gerry's refusal to answer the question is inexplicable. Why should it depend on what the press said about the blood?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 12.06.12 17:54

Gerry's refusal to answer the question is inexplicable. Why should it depend on what the press said about the blood?

why indeed Tigger? it is a very interesting refusal.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum