The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Dingo caused baby Azaria Chamberlain's death - coroner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dingo caused baby Azaria Chamberlain's death - coroner

Post by Ribisl on 12.06.12 5:28

An Australian coroner has made a final ruling that a dingo dog took baby Azaria Chamberlain from a campsite in 1980 and caused her death.

The decision was made after Azaria's parents presented new evidence to try to clear their names.

After the eight week-old baby went missing, they were charged with her disappearance. Her mother was convicted of her murder.

She was released when evidence matched the dingo story but doubts lingered.

They have long argued that the open verdict recorded after an earlier review of the case left room for doubt about Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton's innocence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18404330

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dingo caused baby Azaria Chamberlain's death - coroner

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 7:45

@Ribisl wrote:An Australian coroner has made a final ruling that a dingo dog took baby Azaria Chamberlain from a campsite in 1980 and caused her death.

The decision was made after Azaria's parents presented new evidence to try to clear their names.

After the eight week-old baby went missing, they were charged with her disappearance. Her mother was convicted of her murder.

She was released when evidence matched the dingo story but doubts lingered.

They have long argued that the open verdict recorded after an earlier review of the case left room for doubt about Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton's innocence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18404330

This is despite the evidence of the police that the clothes found were definitely put there by human agency. I'll have another look at it, because the MO has so many parallels.
The paedophile dingo was spotted by Lindy earlier, looking at the baby during a walk as I remember. That's one of the things that argues against her imo. It's registered in you subconscious at least - mothers have strong instincts, especially new mothers. That's one.
The other one is the full story shouted out for the world to hear right at the start 'They've taken her!'' That' dingo's got my baby!
Not 'Help!' or even more normal the name of the child 'Maddie!' 'Azzie!' That's two.
The parents didn't search. That's three.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.06.12 8:13

The Chamberlains didn't however market their daughter as a constantly changing product and use her as the basis for a commercial enterprise.

For me, the benefit of the doubt still applies here.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 8:25

Jean wrote:The Chamberlains didn't however market their daughter as a constantly changing product and use her as the basis for a commercial enterprise.

But in this case it may not have been murder but accident. I think it would have been possible for the baby to have died during the day - Lindy and (I think rather weird husband?) could have decided on this story. Sometime during early evening (having seen the dingos who are basically scavengers) laid the body in the desert, which explains the neat deposit of clothing at another site. I would guess in exactly the opposite direction where long afterwards the bones were found.
Walking around with a 'bundle' in the light of campfires doesn't constitute a definite presence of the child.

I'll just have to read up on it all to see if my wild surmises fit the story.

I don't think they even thought of a fund and money at the time.
Good thought, I don't think the T7did either, the Fund may have been rather a surprise for them as was the fact that the whole thing didn't blow over in a few months.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 12.06.12 9:37

Lindy Chamberlain was brought to trial and served a prison sentence, unlike another couple with a missing daughter. Nor, as far as I recall, did the family go round blaming everyone else for the dingo getting the baby. The Chamberlains weren't treated as saints because they were Drs but were part of some weird religious sect and this seemed to go against them.

So I'm with Jean, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.06.12 10:02

@tigger wrote:
Jean wrote:The Chamberlains didn't however market their daughter as a constantly changing product and use her as the basis for a commercial enterprise.

But in this case it may not have been murder but accident. I think it would have been possible for the baby to have died during the day - Lindy and (I think rather weird husband?) could have decided on this story. Sometime during early evening (having seen the dingos who are basically scavengers) laid the body in the desert, which explains the neat deposit of clothing at another site. I would guess in exactly the opposite direction where long afterwards the bones were found.
Walking around with a 'bundle' in the light of campfires doesn't constitute a definite presence of the child.

I'll just have to read up on it all to see if my wild surmises fit the story.

I don't think they even thought of a fund and money at the time.
Good thought, I don't think the T7did either, the Fund may have been rather a surprise for them as was the fact that the whole thing didn't blow over in a few months.

Azaria's body has never been found.....

• Baby's body was never found despite intensive searches by police, Aboriginal trackers and park rangers

• Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157971/Dingo-DID-baby-Azaria-Coroners-landmark-ruling-30-years-mother-jailed-murdering-week-old-daughter.html#ixzz1xZGji0FW

Interesting the article says....

There were also no signs of dingo saliva or hairs on the jumpsuit, but Mrs Chamberlain said that would have been because the baby was wearing a matinee jacket over the jumpsuit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157971/Dingo-DID-baby-Azaria-Coroners-landmark-ruling-30-years-mother-jailed-murdering-week-old-daughter.html#ixzz1xZH2CdRQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 12:48

From the recent court case:
    Retired officer Frank Morris, who was at the Chamberlains' campsite within 10 minutes of the alarm being raised 32 years ago, said there was no way a dingo was to blame.

"There was human intervention, there definitely was," he told Channel 9 tonight.

Mr Morris did not say Azaria's parents Lindy and Michael were involved.

But he believes someone dumped the nine-week-old baby's singlet, jumpsuit and booties.

"At the end of the day, the dingo didn't put them there," he said.

"They were put there by a human."

Unquote

The main thing that worries me, is that if she saw this large dingo and if he was carrying or dragging the baby, he couldn't have moved very fast. The natural thing for a dog/dingo is then to drop whatever they carry and head for the hills. Lindy wasn't very far away from him.
    In the book she describes him, his colour, the way the neck hair was 'ruffed.
    She then spent some time looking for the baby in the tent - it doesn't make sense to me if you've heard your baby cry, you've run to the tent, shooed the dingo to get him to go away and then not worry about the baby? Surely the memory of this dingo standing on a rock watching them intently earlier would have surfaced?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.06.12 12:52

from the book.....

'I was halfway between the fence and the BBQ railing when I saw the head and shoulders of a dingo emerging through the tent flap.

It had its head down, shaking vigorously, and I thought it's got Michael's shoes, which were at the front of the tent. It seemed a pretty golden colour; the light from the BBQ shining through its coat made it look shiny and in beautiful condition. It wasn't one of the mangy ones we had seen before and the way it had its head down made the hair of its neck stand out in the light like a ruff. The light shining through the hairs on the outer edge of the ears made them look fluffy (I was later to have my description of the dingo criticised because of that mention of its ears) Its nose was in the shadows cast by the bushes and railing in front of the tent but the way it was swinging its head round made me think it had the shoe by the shoelace and couldn't get it through the tent flap properly. It was these observations which made me think it was probably a young dog.

I mumbled 'Go on, get out'! and then turned to tell the others.
    I briefly noticed Aiden trailing a few feet behind me. As I was about to speak I suddenly thought there was no food in the tent and the realization that Michael had said Azaria had cried hit me. It flashed through my mind that dingoes were wild. When first asleep she slept heavily and it would actually have had to touch her to disturb her and it could have bitten her. The only thing visible was her head. She might need first aid. I was now one step closer past the bush and I could see into that dreadful ravaged tent. I started to scream to the others as I burst into headlong flight- the dingo's got the baby!

A few weeks later I wrote down my devastated feelings in an effort to get the horror out of my system and start dealing with life again

Unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum