The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by hedge on 04.03.10 17:29

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@hedge wrote:...I was expressing surprise that anyone thinks that the victims of a crime, however high profile, are celebrities and should be treated as though they are seeking fame and fortune for themselves, they have always been very clear and consistent that they go through these uncomfortable media processes because their child is still missing...
Do they enjoy the limelight?

Or shy away from it?

Do they court the limelight?

Or avoid it?

I would have thought that was obvious from my post and from watching them over the past nearly 3 years, they will do whatever they have to to do for their missing child which means that sometimes when it is deemed appropriate or helpful they will subject themselves to interviews to raise awareness of their child and sometimes they will not.

I don't think there is any suggestion they enjoy it, they have never sought it out prior to Madelene's disappearance so there is no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise that would lead anyone to suspect this, you may as well ask if Sara Payne 'enjoyed' the limelight (although I'd sincerely hope no-one would be so crass), I'm sure on one level she despised it and on another she was grateful for it because when the cameras are on it means some good might come for the future children she wanted to help and protect.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 17:38

James Whale show.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by bunny on 04.03.10 17:39

James Whale.....that was fun to listen to,

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by vaguely1 on 04.03.10 17:43

That's an interesting point.....Mr Bennett has probably been on TV/radio more than the rest of us put together.

Mr Bennett, when you appear on TV/Radio is it to get a message across.....or is it because you enjoy or court the limelight?

ty in advance for your answer.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 17:46

He certainly courted the appearance on the Whale show - then complained about it afterwards, his complaint was rejected. (upheld in part)

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.03.10 18:08

@vaguely1 wrote:That's an interesting point.....Mr Bennett has probably been on TV/radio more than the rest of us put together.

Mr Bennett, when you appear on TV/Radio is it to get a message across.....or is it because you enjoy or court the limelight?

ty in advance for your answer.
The previous week, James Whale had done his usual hagiographic piece on the McCanns and during his show put out a public challenge to me to come on his show and defend myself. This was a short while after my attempt to summons the McCanns for child neglect.

I didn't hear the show myself but someone told me about it.

I contacted the show and said: "If you want to interview me, here I am".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lCyfAmw9g

Look at the comments on the YouTube video of the broadcast. Over 95% of all comments are with me and against Whale.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13977
Reputation : 2149
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

jmbd - wrong again

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.03.10 18:12

@jmbd wrote:He certainly courted the appearance on the Whale show - then complained about it afterwards, his complaint was rejected. (upheld in part)
Untrue. Whale asked me to go on his show. Simple as.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13977
Reputation : 2149
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 18:16

Do you accept Ofcom's decision Tony?

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 18:17

Whale challenged you in a previous programme.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by vaguely1 on 04.03.10 18:28

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@vaguely1 wrote:That's an interesting point.....Mr Bennett has probably been on TV/radio more than the rest of us put together.

Mr Bennett, when you appear on TV/Radio is it to get a message across.....or is it because you enjoy or court the limelight?

ty in advance for your answer.
The previous week, James Whale had done his usual hagiographic piece on the McCanns and during his show put out a public challenge to me to come on his show and defend myself. This was a short while after my attempt to summons the McCanns for child neglect.

I didn't hear the show myself but someone told me about it.

I contacted the show and said: "If you want to interview me, here I am".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lCyfAmw9g

Look at the comments on the YouTube video of the broadcast. Over 95% of all comments are with me and against Whale.

What about the other radio show, there's a link on youtube, the presenter talks about when he took his children on caravanning holidays....did he request you go on his show too?

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 04.03.10 18:58

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@vaguely1 wrote:I thought you didn't have a TV Mr Bennett?
I don't. It leaves so much time for other activities.

You will go blind doing that big grin big grin

whoknowsthetruth

Posts : 159
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They approached me

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.03.10 19:00

@vaguely1 wrote:What about the other radio show, there's a link on youtube, the presenter talks about when he took his children on caravanning holidays....did he request you go on his show too?
Absolutely. I have never gone looking for interviews. Radio Talk Europe approached me for an interview after an ex-pat supporter in Spain gave them a copy of '60 Reasons'. I may say they had many calls after the interview along the lines of: 'That bloke's right, you know'.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13977
Reputation : 2149
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by vaguely1 on 04.03.10 19:04

But what is your reason for doing them - it would be seeking publicity no?

I'm just trying to work your issue with the McCanns seeking publicity. It seems you're both using the press for the same end.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 04.03.10 19:05

You may say that but you will be wrong Mr Bennett

whoknowsthetruth

Posts : 159
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 19:07

Tony said: I contacted the show and said: "If you want to interview me, here I am".

Reading the Ofcom report it was a little more than that Tony. You negotiated terms and conditions for your appearance on the show.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 04.03.10 19:09

Mr Bennett have you read my last post on the Mrs Butler arrested and took a picture of my wifes bush thread yet. If not i can post it here fot you to answer.

whoknowsthetruth

Posts : 159
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 19:17

@jmbd wrote:Tony said: I contacted the show and said: "If you want to interview me, here I am".

Reading the Ofcom report it was a little more than that Tony. You negotiated terms and conditions for your appearance on the show.

In fact one of your complaints to Ofcom was that those terms and condition were not adhered to.

It's very similar to what you say the Mccann's did on the Oprah show - negotiate conditions beforehand.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by hedge on 04.03.10 19:18

@vaguely1 wrote:But what is your reason for doing them - it would be seeking publicity no?

I'm just trying to work your issue with the McCanns seeking publicity. It seems you're both using the press for the same end.

And neither should consider themselves or be considered as celebrities.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No guidance

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.03.10 19:33

@vaguely1 wrote:But what is your reason for doing them - it would be seeking publicity no?

I'm just trying to work your issue with the McCanns seeking publicity. It seems you're both using the press for the same end.
Where we coincide is that both the McCanns and we/me/The Madeleine Foundation are trying to get our respective messages across.

I mentioned Oprah Winfrey in particular because of (a) the addition of a PayPal button showed that the exercise was partly about fund-raising and (b) they knew they would be watched by hundreds of millions worldwide.

We got no guidance on where to look for Madeleine (the whole world, presumably), nor which of the 11-plus abductors/abductresses we are supposed to be looking for.

Just a photo-fit of a happy, smiling girl who looked about 11 years old.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13977
Reputation : 2149
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 19:38

And the we/me/Foundation message is that there was no abduction - no point in looking for Madeleine, concentrate instead in how to prove that the Mccanns did something more than leave their children alone.

Simple

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by hedge on 04.03.10 19:51

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@vaguely1 wrote:But what is your reason for doing them - it would be seeking publicity no?

I'm just trying to work your issue with the McCanns seeking publicity. It seems you're both using the press for the same end.
Where we coincide is that both the McCanns and we/me/The Madeleine Foundation are trying to get our respective messages across.

I mentioned Oprah Winfrey in particular because of (a) the addition of a PayPal button showed that the exercise was partly about fund-raising and (b) they knew they would be watched by hundreds of millions worldwide.

We got no guidance on where to look for Madeleine (the whole world, presumably), nor which of the 11-plus abductors/abductresses we are supposed to be looking for.

Just a photo-fit of a happy, smiling girl who looked about 11 years old.

That's what parents of missing kids do, they ask for our help. There is no need to give all of the potentials in terms of people of interest to the investigation, partly because for all we or they know they might be innocent bystanders and also they were going on an american show where they wanted people to be aware of Madeleine, their much loved little girl, of what she might look like, of a little girl they miss terribly and who is possibly growing up with without them and her siblings right now. It's all about her and their families loss.

I don't know what you expect them to do, if fund raising for the ongoing search and awareness raising is so abhorrent to you.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 19:59

it is simple - the we/me/Foundation expect them to confess of wrongdoings rather than pursuing anyone looking for Madeleine.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 22:55

words per minute count please Tony?

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Heartening

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.03.10 23:16

@jmbd wrote:words per minute count please Tony?
It's good to see that you read my articles. There's another one coming along soon

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13977
Reputation : 2149
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd on 04.03.10 23:17

Of course I read them Tony - I have run out of Calpol.

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum