The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OLYMPIC Disatsers

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OLYMPIC Disatsers

Post by Guest on 22.07.12 10:08

Yet another ....................

Minister's daughter exposes Olympic safety scandal: Stewards made to fake NVQ qualifications and 'trained' in one hour at nightclub

• Prison Minister Crispin Blunt's daughter Claudia, 20, recruited through company Tungsten SIA, based in Witney, Oxfordshire
  • Stewards given fake documentation for safety qualification, didn't receive any first aid training and weren't subject to criminal background checks

By Sarah Duguid, Nick Craven and Helena Izett

PUBLISHED:22:10, 21 July 2012 | UPDATED:08:37, 22 July 2012

[snipped from article]

Olympic chiefs have launched an urgent investigation after stewards responsible for the safety of thousands of spectators were told to forge exam qualifications.

Whistle blower Claudia Blunt, the daughter of Prisons Minister Crispin Blunt, today exposes how lives could have been put at risk after students recruited to help at the Games were fed the answers to a crucial safety exam instead of doing the 12 months of study it normally takes. And the Cambridge student reveals how:

• In a dimly-lit nightclub, around 80 recruits were given bogus documentation bearing the name of a college that does not even offer the safety qualification.
  • The would-be stewards were told to exaggerate their experience if questioned by Olympic organisers.
  •  None of the students was subject to criminal background checks.
  • The recruits were told that even though they had no first aid training, they might have to provide medical attention.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177018/Ministers-daughter-exposes-Olympic-safety-scandal-Stewards-fake-NVQ-qualifications-trained-hour-nightclub.html#ixzz21LBSc0MB

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.07.12 12:58

I applaud this young woman for coming forward. She sounds a decent, well-brought up person with a conscience.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.12 12:49

Doh, and another............

23 July 2012 Last updated at 12:03

London 2012 Games lanes: Traffic delays of two hours

Delays of up to two hours were reported on the A40 going into London during the rush hour

Drivers coming into London have faced delays of up to two hours after new restrictions came into force for the Olympics.

Lane restrictions have begun to be applied on the A12, A13 and A40.

By 11:50 BST the situation on the three roads had improved, although there was still heavy traffic on the A13 and A40, with congestion on approach roads.

Transport for London had warned journeys on the roads may take "considerably longer than usual".

One motorist who called BBC London from the A13 said his normal hour-long drive from Swanley to Redbridge had already taken far longer than normal and he expected it to take about two and a half hours.

By noon the A12 was running smoothly again, however there continued to be long delays on the A13 westbound. The A40 eastbound was moving very slowly from Greenford.

There was also particularly heavy traffic on local roads in Canning Town and West Ham in east London.

Continue reading the main sCongestion was also seen in central London, with delays in Whitehall, Shaftesbury Avenue and Trafalgar Square.
The Mall is closed due to Olympic preparations and motorists told of delays in Greenwich.

And there will be additional road closures across London as the Olympic Torch continues its procession, with Croydon, Sutton, Merton and Wandswoth to be visited.

There have been changes to 120 key junctions, with more than 1,000 sets of traffic lights rephased due to the Games.

A fine of £130 will be issued to drivers who break the Games lanes regulations, for instance by driving in them or stopping along the route.

Up to date traffic information on delays can be obtained from the BBC Travel news site for London.

'Unprecedented changes'

In a briefing before the problems began, a spokesman for Transport for London, said: "Several major routes into London will be exceptionally busy on Monday morning as the capital continues its transformation into a huge sporting and cultural venue.

"The unprecedented scale of changes to London's roads, the arrival for the Games of 11,500 athletes, media and officials and the Torch Relay mean that there will be a significant impact on traffic in the capital.

"This impact will last for the duration of the Olympic Games."

The changes are part of the establishment of the Olympic Route Network, which is intended to make sure athletes and officials can move around the city smoothly.

It is due to begin full operation on Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18953088

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.12 17:53

Eeeeeeek another one............

23 July 2012 Last updated at 15:25

London 2012: Badminton teams in hotel food poisoning

The infection affected five Olympic hopefuls
Five members of Australia and Canada's badminton teams were among a number of guests who fell ill with food poisoning at a hotel in Derbyshire.
The Health Protection Agency (HPA) investigated when guests had stomach bugs after eating at the Mickleover Court Hotel, Derby, last week.

It said norovirus had been identified as the cause of the infection.

The three Australians have fully recovered but two Canadians had to miss a warm-up match on Saturday.

The three affected Australian badminton players were Ross Smith, Renuga Veeran and Glenn Warfe while Michelle Li and Alex Bruce were the ill Canadians.

The HPA said: "Norovirus has been identified as the cause of the infection and we are working with environmental health officers from South Derbyshire District Council to identify the source of the illness.

"Norovirus is the most common cause of infectious gastroenteritis (diarrhoea and vomiting) in England and Wales.
"People can suffer from norovirus at any time of the year, although activity increases in the winter months. It usually resolves in one or two days and there are no long-term effects."

The hotel, which briefly closed following the infection but has now reopened, is yet to comment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18954375

Back to top Go down

A rather sinister Olympic poster

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 9:28

The poster on the London underground for the Olympics.

I can't seem to copy and paste it here, so will ask Admin if they can put it up for us all to see. There are two curiosities about it.

Why is the woman, bottom right of picture, enthusiastically waving the Communist red flag?

But even more strange, why is there a picture of a sinister-looking Arabic Islamist-type, the very caricature of a suicide bomber, looking very shifty and unhappy (whilst everyone else is waving and cheering), and separated by some margin from the rest of the crowd, at the extreme right of the poster?e

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Someone approved this

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 10:41

candyfloss wrote:Is this the one Tony?? Looking for a larger version

Yes! Not sure why the lady is waving the Communist red flag instead of, say, the Union Jack or the Olympic flag - but why is that bearded Islamist so separated from the crowd, so distant, so sinister-looking? Only the suicide vest was missing. This was hardly an error, was it? Someone drew this. Someone approved it.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 10:49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 10:51

Keep checking for those islamists under the bed, Mr B.

Be vigilant! big grin

Back to top Go down

The poster, the red flag, and the Islamist

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 11:13

tcat wrote:Keep checking for those islamists under the bed, Mr B.

Be vigilant!
Judging by the numbers they are killing every day, there's clearly not enough vigilance going on. Remember the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1992 Olympics? Here's a link with a better photo of the underground poster in question:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread863640/pg1

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 11:26

I've seen sites you've posted links to before on this subject, Tony, and you may as well be linking to Fox News. They're propaganda sites.

I don't live anywhere near London but according to what I've heard you have half the army on the streets, anti-missile batteries on the roofs of blocks of flats and the RAF all over the skies. I think you can be assured the authorities are being vigilant.

Of course the Olympics may be a target for nutcases of all persuasion, but why single out 'Islamists' and not people like Breivik?

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 24.07.12 11:51

With all the police and military in London maybe another part of the country will be targeted.

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A vile ideology

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 11:54

tcat wrote:Of course the Olympics may be a target for nutcases of all persuasion, but why single out 'Islamists' and not people like Breivik?
Because of the sheer and highly organised scale of their killings?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Breivik was a lone but very wicked nutter. Islamists/jihadists, inspired by verses in the Koran which urge them to kill infidels, and other verses which promise a limitless supply of virgins to martyrs ('shahids'), have a settled ideology rooted deep in their souls that 'killing is good'. Even if it's just someone who drew a cartoon of the so-called 'Prophet' Muhammed, or published them. It constantly surprises me that so few people condemn this atrocious world view which has led to the slaughter of so many innocents.

Back on topic...am still mystified at that strange-looking, lonely, unhappy Arab/Muslim on the edge of that poster.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 24.07.12 15:05

quote TB :
Why is the woman, bottom right of picture, enthusiastically waving the Communist red flag?

The woman appears to hold a plain red flag, no hammer and sickle or other Communist symbol[s] visible.

Re: the following, quote TB :

But even more strange, why is there a picture of a sinister-looking Arabic Islamist-type, the very caricature of a suicide bomber, looking very shifty and unhappy (whilst everyone else is waving and cheering), and separated by some margin from the rest of the crowd, at the extreme right of the poster?

I note there is an underground station in this cartoon, is this the reason for your suicide bomber comment? I am unsure as to the reason[s] for your curiosity. Are you surprised that there has been on the face of it an unfair depiction of a certain section of our society and are you objecting to it?
I see a couple of not particularly happy faces, can only enlarge the picture so much but do not see anything shifty or sinister in the expression on the face of the man in Islamic dress.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Curiosity killed the cat

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 15:17

@russiandoll wrote: Are you surprised that there has been on the face of it an unfair depiction of a certain section of our society and are you objecting to it?
I am curious, rather than objecting. If the artist wanted to embrace Arabs/Muslims as part of the Olympic experience - and after all Lord Coe's pitch to the IOC was very much how 'multicultural' Britain was - why do we not see, e.g., a Muslim lady, say wearing a hijab, smiling and waving, like most of the others, and right in amongst the crowd? I simply ask the question as to why this man was drawn:

* right away from everyone else

* very small

* not looking happy and smiling like the others

* clearly not 'part of it'.

I would also venture the opinion that this portrayal was not an accident.

I would also suggest that the design was approved by someone who was either careless about the portrayal of Arabs/Muslims, or actually approved of this strange portrayal.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 24.07.12 16:32

Tony, are you misreading this ? How many men wear turbans who are not Sikhs?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 16:43

@Tony Bennett wrote:
tcat wrote:Of course the Olympics may be a target for nutcases of all persuasion, but why single out 'Islamists' and not people like Breivik?
Because of the sheer and highly organised scale of their killings?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Oh yes, Martin Amis's favourite website winkwink

@Tony Bennett wrote:Breivik was a lone but very wicked nutter. Islamists/jihadists, inspired by verses in the Koran which urge them to kill infidels, and other verses which promise a limitless supply of virgins to martyrs ('shahids'), have a settled ideology rooted deep in their souls that 'killing is good'. Even if it's just someone who drew a cartoon of the so-called 'Prophet' Muhammed, or published them. It constantly surprises me that so few people condemn this atrocious world view which has led to the slaughter of so many innocents.

Back on topic...am still mystified at that strange-looking, lonely, unhappy Arab/Muslim on the edge of that poster.
They're civil wars TB, and we all know what that means - fighters on all sides committing the most barbarous atrocities whilst 99% of the population just want to get on with their lives - it was the same in Ireland, Spain, Lebanon, Yugoslavia and England in centuries gone by. Just like in Northern Ireland the fighters are using religion when it's really territory that's motivating them.

Turn your Fox News off, Tony yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 16:46

Some types of turbans are worn by some Muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 24.07.12 17:31

He looks like a Sikh to me. Re. Dress of a suicide bomber....the alleged suicide bomber in Bulgaria wore shorts trainers and a baseball cap if I remember rightly. He was also American. I think pointing this out on this poster is making something out of nothing frankly.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 24.07.12 17:37

Jean wrote:Some types of turbans are worn by some Muslims.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban[/quote[/url]]

How many Afghans wearing turbans do you see Jean? I think Tony's trying to find something that's not there. I certainly don't think a bomber will be wearing an Afghan turban at the Olympics.

I watched the Wright Stuff this morning and they were discussing Irish Jokes, because Daly Thomson had joked that a tattoo mispelled as Oylympic was done by an Irishman. They said it was racist as implying the Irish are thick.

I didn't see it that way at all. I laughed because if you say Oylympic out loud it sounds like an Irish accent. People see things that they want to see.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.12 17:49

Quite a few in my area, Spaniel - non Sikh turban wearers that is.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the poster myself.

Tony, I hope that you will be able to take time out and enjoy the games if you are a sports fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 24.07.12 17:58

Just to take firther issue. The type of jihadists referred to are generally inspired by Imams who have am agenda, are sponsored by Salafist and other movements
These imams wrongly interpret certain verses in the Qu'ran(Koran being a terribly old fashioned and amglicised way of spelling) and hijack and twist these verses to fit their agenda, usually with impressionable,disillusioned or disenfranchised Muslims. A small minority out of 1.2 billion Muslims im the world

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.07.12 18:02

Jean wrote:Tony, I hope that you will be able to take time out and enjoy the games if you are a sports fan.
I saw the Olympic flame carried down the canoe slalom course at Waltham Abbey a few weeks back - courtesy of a police officer (Hertfordshire, not Essex btw) who gave me a ticket -unfortunately so much water was thrown around the raft going down the course that the flame went out before it passed the crowd, so they all had to go back and run the raft down the course again. I saw the flame again on Poole Quay more recently too. I hope and pray the Games will be safe for everyone concerned, and of course it'll be great if the United Kingdom win a lot of medals. I watched the canoeing Olympics in Seo d'Urgell back in 1992, and saw C1 canoeist Gareth Marriott get a silver medal for GB.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 25.07.12 20:58

Jusr watched two fine olympic womens football games with great britain beating new zealand and brazil beating cameroon. Superb entertainment and football played in the right spirit. Some horrendous tales about the security issues and paying customers being held up outside the stadium while cool boxes etc were searched. However. Really good football. Think I might enjoy the sport after all.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.07.12 21:27

the north Korean women's football team walked off the pitch at the start of their match after their images were shown against a south Korean flag. Oops..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 28.07.12 2:47

Stewie wrote:the north Korean women's football team walked off the pitch at the start of their match after their images were shown against a south Korean flag. Oops..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum