The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Mm11

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Mm11

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Regist10

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Empty Re: KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am

Post by PeterMac 23.05.12 14:21

jd wrote:
LOL I do like Ian Hislop! I wish he was free to speak what he really knows
He will. He will.
I would put money on a bet that a full 8 page supplement has been in preparation for along time, and is updated regularly.
His silence is deafening.
His occasional forays revealing.
But Justice Eady (I believe ) promised to send him to prison if he were ever found guilty of libel again.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 Empty Re: KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am

Post by PeterMac 23.05.12 14:26

ShuBob wrote:I'm coming out of hibernation to make the point that despite all the negative stories about Halligen in the press perpertuated by the McCanns, Halligen may have actually PERFORMED the duties he was HIRED to do for the McCanns. Has anyone seen a copy of his contract? How can you then say confidently he "conned" them? What about Metodo 3? Did they also con the couple?

To cut a long story short, I believe Metodo 3, Halligen, Edgar and Cowley and all the other assorted characters the McCanns have employed have actually done what they were hired to do which has NOTHING to do with "finding" Maddie. What that is, one can only guess!
It is a good and valid point.
The pure guesses might include
• keeping the "Fund" going by a pretence at investigation
• keeping the money coming in by inventing "sightings"
* keeping the public's concentration away from awkward facts
• money laundering, by taking "donated funds and relocating it elsewhere for future use
and so on and on.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 23.05.12 14:54

ShuBob wrote:I'm coming out of hibernation to make the point that despite all the negative stories about Halligen in the press perpertuated by the McCanns, Halligen may have actually PERFORMED the duties he was HIRED to do for the McCanns. Has anyone seen a copy of his contract? How can you then say confidently he "conned" them? What about Metodo 3? Did they also con the couple?

To cut a long story short, I believe Metodo 3, Halligen, Edgar and Cowley and all the other assorted characters the McCanns have employed have actually done what they were hired to do which has NOTHING to do with "finding" Maddie. What that is, one can only guess!

100% with you there! thumbsup

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by kinell 23.05.12 15:05

PeterMac wrote:

It is a good and valid point.
The pure guesses might include
• keeping the "Fund" going by a pretence at investigation
• keeping the money coming in by inventing "sightings"
* keeping the public's concentration away from awkward facts
• money laundering, by taking "donated funds and relocating it elsewhere for future use
and so on and on.

It is utterly mindblowing that a pair of NHS doctors could be involved with something like this yet with all the evidence uncovered in this case what else are we to think? Why the hell are these people still free to carry on with this scam?

kinell
kinell

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.05.12 15:27

Tony Bennett wrote:
jd wrote:Let me get this right...Halligen cons £500,000 of public monies and gets UK legal aid to protect himself!!!
Why aren't the directors of 'No Stone Unturned' Ltd being questioned for the grave lack of judgement with their usage of public donated monies (TWICE)...they have a duty of responsibility to the public that it is being used wisely
This country has gone past the point of ridicule and corruption
Hallligen...
1. Got £500,000 plus expenses from the McCann Team - and found NOTHING of interest, whilst spending much time drinking in a London club and living it up in 5-star hotels in New York and London with his girlfriend Shirin Trachioitis...
2...not to mention being found in a £700-a-night Oxfordshire hotel when he was arrested...
3...Oh, and he owed thousands of pounds in unpaid hotel bills at the time he was arrested...
4...allegedly defrauded a U.S. company of $2 million, for which the U.S. has been trying to extradite him for four long years (and more years to come, no doubt)...
5...was involved in numerous other cons and frauds (exposed in some of the articles 'candyfloss' referred to further up this thread)...
6...used the services of various companies whilst employed by the McCanns and then didn't pay their bills (it is not known whether the Find Madeleine Fund paid these defrauded companies their bills, as this is one of the Fund's many secrets)...
7...Halligen even underwent a bogus marriage in the U.S....
8...He failed to follow up any calls to the McCanns' investigation hotline whilst employed by the McCanns in 2008, according to the Managing Director of Virginia-based company iJet...
9...has (according to reports) had tens of thousands of legal aid spent on him...
10...is about to complete 949 days of continuous imprisonment in a British jail...
11...and yet one of Britain's leading media manipulators, Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, employed right at the top by Labour Prime Ministers, Conservative Party leaders and Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law, was allowed to get away by the mainstream British media with describing Halligen's one-man-band Oakley International, formed AFTER Madeleine McCann was reported missing, as 'the big boys of international private detection'...

And the Directors of the Fund, including the McCanns themselves, and the Solicitors who act for the Fund, and Clarence Mitchell will all have to testify under oath that they did "Due Diligence" before hiring him.
And further that someone was monitoring what he was doing, was receiving the results, and was satisfied with what they were told.
How will they be able to say anything different ?

p. 283 "We had one particularly bad experience with a man named Kevin Halligen (or Richard, as we knew him). Halligen was the CEO of a private-investigation firm called Oakley International which was hired by Madeleine's Fund for six months from the end of March 2008. Oakley's proposal and overall strategy were streets ahead of all the others we'd considered and the company came highly recommended. As the sums of money involved were pretty hefty, we agreed that our contract with them would be split into three phases with a break clause at the end of each phase. This gave us an opportunity to terminate the contract at any of these points if we wished to do so without incurring financial penalties. An independent consultant was also employed by the fund to liaise with Oakley and oversee the work they were doing."

1 CEO... Was it not a one man band ?
3 "came highly recommended". It will be interesting in the future to see by whom.
3 "pretty hefty" is a wonderful throwaway euphemism for half a million pounds. Even for us, dahrling, half a long one is pretty hefty, don't tcha know"
4 "An independent consultant was employed..." Who, pray ? And where do his fees appear in the accounts for that or the following year ?
5 "oversee the work they were doing". And the result of that overseeing - or should that read - oversight ?

One day there will be some very red faces, and one hopes some internal investigations in firms of solicitors, and accountants.

The "Fund" is in England, and subject to English law, and investigable by English Fraud Squad detectives, and prosecutable by the English Crown Prosecution Service, and tried by an English Judge with an English jury, under English criminal law.
Not a sardine in sight.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 23.05.12 20:18

PeterMac wrote:

The "Fund" is in England, and subject to English law, and investigable by English Fraud Squad detectives, and prosecutable by the English Crown Prosecution Service, and tried by an English Judge with an English jury, under English criminal law.
Not a sardine in sight.

Wonder if this is why they want to keep so quiet? I mean they probably hoped he would be on a plane to the USA by this evening, then there would be nobody to question under English law.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 23.05.12 21:08

tigger wrote:

100% with you there! KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 759815

Me too, but what was he employed to do?

Please correct me if I am wrong but the only evidence that we have of Halligen conning the McCanns is via the great British gutter press, very credible.

Even if Halligen was paid £500,000, how is he supposed to have "conned" the McCanns - what did he actually do? How could it be classed as a con?

Who was responsible for his employment?

Was he checked out?

Why was he paid such a large amount so soon? Why not monthly instalments depending on how he was doing?

Why was he paid via one of Kennedys' companies and not directly?

Why did Clarence Mitchell say that these were "The big boys of private investgation" when the company had only just been set up, just in time for the Mccanns who were probably the only client?

Why have the McCanns not pursued this?, surely they need the money.

Where is the money now?

In this particular case, as far as I am concerned, Halligen is innocent until proven guilty.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 23.05.12 21:16

sharonl wrote:
tigger wrote:

100% with you there! KEVIN HALLIGEN EXTRADITION DECISION - Issued on the internet tomorrow (23 May) around 10.00am - Page 2 759815

Please correct me if I am wrong but the only evidence that we have of Halligen conning the McCanns is via the great British gutter press, very credible.

Even if Halligen was paid £500,000, how is he supposed to have "conned" the McCanns - what did he actually do? How could it be classed as a con?

Was he checked out?

Why was he paid such a large amount so soon? Why not monthly instalments depending on how he was doing?

Why did Clarence Mitchell say that these were "The big boys of private investgation" when the company had only just been set up, just in time for the Mccanns who were probably the only client?

Where is the money now?

In this particular case, as far as I am concerned, Halligen is innocent until proven guilty.

IMO Shubob means (& I agree) that Halligen was employed to "appear" to be "searching" - Nothing more nothing less. Remember by then having shared nothing Metado3 were doing (apart from Madeleine "being home by Christmas"there was no need to do any more. If K& G were serious about searching they would have found an internationally renowned company (with many successes) as they had the £ "funds" at that time but they chose to go for small companies no one had heard of & built them up in the media.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 23.05.12 22:18

Gillyspot wrote:
sharonl wrote:
tigger wrote:

Was he checked out?

Where is the money now?

IMO Shubob means (& I agree) that Halligen was employed to "appear" to be "searching" - Nothing more nothing less. Remember by then having shared nothing Metado3 were doing (apart from Madeleine "being home by Christmas"there was no need to do any more. If K& G were serious about searching they would have found an internationally renowned company (with many successes) as they had the £ "funds" at that time but they chose to go for small companies no one had heard of & built them up in the media.

I take you points but apart from setting up a phone line, what did he appear to be doing that would be worth £500,000? How could the McCanns even justify that cost?

As far as the companies are concerned, you are quite right about them being built up in the media. If we look at Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, these were referred to as Alpha Group Investigations which doesn't exist. Alpha Investigations Group is a large and probably renowned company. The actual name of the PI company is Alphaig - a one man band set up in June 2010 purely for McCann purposes and with assets of no more than £1300. According to Mitchell these were a new team of crack detecives.

Oakley International was allegedly set just when the McCanns needed then, Red Defence Int Limited was set up in March 2005.

I cannot find any reference to Oakley International at Companies House
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouseau 23.05.12 22:25

a Irish national being extridited by a English court oh dear......
Clouseau
Clouseau

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouseau 05.06.12 20:37

just been reading a post on the calculated hoax thread which says he is a British citizen...

so perhaps I am mistaken I assumed that Mr Halligen being born in Dublin was a Irish National. Perhaps he has dual nationality ....quote from the Liverpool echo Feb 2010 courtesy of the Mccannfies

"At City of Westminster Magistrates' Court, yesterday, the Irish national's lawyer Mark Summers confirmed that his client would contest extradition proceedings "

I know in the grand scheme of things it perhaps is not that important but just wanted to clear it up any thoughts anybody ?
Clouseau
Clouseau

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.12 22:16

Clouseau wrote:just been reading a post on the calculated hoax thread which says he is a British citizen...

so perhaps I am mistaken I assumed that Mr Halligen being born in Dublin was a Irish National. Perhaps he has dual nationality ....quote from the Liverpool echo Feb 2010 courtesy of the Mccannfies

"At City of Westminster Magistrates' Court, yesterday, the Irish national's lawyer Mark Summers confirmed that his client would contest extradition proceedings "

I know in the grand scheme of things it perhaps is not that important but just wanted to clear it up any thoughts anybody ?
Clouseau, I know you always look for clues, as your avatar with the magnifying glass tends to emphasise. It has been noted in two articles that Halligen is a heavy drinker. Would that give any clue as to whether he might be Irish or British?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.06.12 8:32

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fraud-suspect-kevin-richard-halligen-allegedly-posed-as-a-spy-and-cheated-the-elite-on-both-sides-of-the-atlantic/2012/06/09/gJQA3gdwQV_story.html

Excellent story in the Washinton Post. Investigative journalism isn't dead!

Absolute 'must read'. (filched from MM's Annabel with thanks).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.06.12 9:04

Nice one! Team McCann and their supporters will be able to claim though that, like so many other people, they were taken in by this man and had no idea he was a crook when he was first employed by them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.06.12 9:14

Brilliant article. It should make Mitchell and Wells Braithwaite, and the Directors of the "Fund", who were all supposed to do due diligence, squirm.

Fraud suspect Kevin Richard Halligen allegedly posed as a spy and cheated the elite on both sides of the Atlantic

Obtained by The Washington Post - Kevin Richard Halligen, who is imprisoned in London, fighting extradition to the United States, where he faces felony fraud charges stemming from his days of extravagant living in Washington high society.

Some people knew him as Kevin. He told others he was Richard. Everyone could see he had money to burn, and most people thought he was a British spy. But nobody in Washington really knew Kevin Richard Halligen, not even the woman he pretended to marry.
Halligen now sits in a London prison, fighting extradition to the United States, where he faces felony fraud charges stemming from his days of extravagant living in Washington high society.

For about three years, until 2008, Halligen spent hundreds of thousands of dollars living large in Washington. He stayed in a Willard Hotel suite for months at a time and drank the days away at pricey Georgetown restaurants. He traveled everywhere in a chauffeur-driven Lincoln Town Car, set up high-tech offices in Herndon and bought a grand home in Great Falls.

Smart, charming and favoring black turtlenecks and sunglasses, Halligen told everyone that he was a spy, or a former spy, or connected to spies. He told friends that he was under such deep cover that he took over his fiancee’s place as a “safe house.”

Virtually all of it, it turns out, was fabricated or exaggerated, according to associates who have since investigated his background. But with amazing ease and a perfect British accent, the diminutive Halligen schmoozed his way into Washington’s intelligence elite — Pentagon officials, influential lawyers and lobbyists, former CIA operatives.

And he took their money.

He set up shop as a corporate security consultant, offering his dubious “operational experience” in intelligence to solve delicate problems for customers working in dangerous places.

In a capital with a long history of spies, foreigners with shadowy backgrounds, big talkers and charlatans, Halligen didn’t set off any alarm bells at first, according to former associates. But that changed when they concluded that Halligen was taking money and not doing the work he promised.

The U.S. government obtained an indictment against him in 2009 on criminal charges of bilking a client out of $2.1 million, and judges in the District and Virginia have ordered him to pay $6.5 million to former partners who claim he fleeced them.

Halligen, through his London lawyer, declined to comment as he fights extradition to the United States in British courts.

But in dozens of interviews in Washington and London, those who knew Halligen described how he created a trail of creditors, from lawyers to landlords to housekeepers. And they said he left a group of Washington insiders wondering how one charming and audacious hustler managed to seduce them all.

“I was duped,” said John Holmes, a retired British army general who was head of the British military’s special forces.

Holmes said he met Halligen in 2002, when Halligen took an IT job at a private security consulting firm where Holmes was working after his military retirement.

Holmes, in an interview in his London office, said he knew Halligen was never a member of any intelligence service. But he worked on the periphery of that world as an engineer for companies that provided technical support — designing batteries, for example — to the British government and military.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.06.12 9:51

Jean wrote:Nice one! Team McCann and their supporters will be able to claim though that, like so many other people, they were taken in by this man and had no idea he was a crook when he was first employed by them.
I beg to differ.
They will blame TB.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.06.12 10:26

Holmes, in an interview in his London office, said he knew Halligen was never a member of any intelligence service. But he worked on the periphery of that world as an engineer for companies that provided technical support — designing batteries, for example — to the British government and military.

So TM sent an engineer by training, paid him hundred of thousands to search for Madeleine, and this was despite having done due diligence on him.
The Board of Trustees has a lot to answer for. Who in particular did the due diligence, and was decision to hire him taken collectively and unanimously approved by the Board of Trustees? Why did the Board of Trustees not sue him to recover their money? Unless of course he'd fulfilled his job scopes which had nothing to do with really searching for Madeleine - you have to wonder don't you?
I mean the mccanns are constantly complaining about their depleting fund that needs replenishment yet they did nothing to recover it from the fraudster - it just does not add up.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.06.12 12:16

And yet they have the gall, effrontery, impudence, impertinence, cheek, audacity, temerity, presumption, nerve, and shamelessness, to blame TB for hindering the search !!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.06.12 12:46

PeterMac wrote:And yet they have the gall, effrontery, impudence, impertinence, cheek, audacity, temerity, presumption, nerve, and shamelessness, to blame TB for hindering the search !!
And GC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.06.12 14:54

Here is a useful link on Oakley International https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3139-kevin-halligen-worked-for-mccanns-for-6-months-only-but

and this one: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3284-kevin-halligen-s-oakley-partner-dies-in-road-accident

I've once seen a photograph of the HQ of Oakley International in the UK - a sort of fishermans' hovel up north?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.06.12 16:53

I cannot find a link between Colonel Kenneth Maurice Irish III and Halligen and/or Oakley.

I do find, though, retired US Marine Colonel John Garrett as Halligen confidence and the late Colonel Irish as CEO and president of "Sllent Partner Services".

IIRC Blackwatch mentioned Colonel Irish as Halligens "silent partner" in the Oakley enterprise. A typical sloppy research, as so many other of his that I've seen over the years ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top