The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Mm11

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Mm11

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Regist10

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Empty The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain

Post by Nina 17.05.12 18:05

Just picked up my free copy of the olivepress and aaagh

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/17/maddie-in-spain/

May 17, 2012Subscribe: RSS or Email

PENONCILLO BEACH, WHERE ROSE JOHNSON (BELOW) SAID SHE SAW A GIRL WHO LOOKED LIKE MADDIE PLAYING
By Wendy Williams
EVERY hour – even every minute – children go missing around the world.
Due to a lack of coherent data the exact number is unknown but the estimations are extremely disturbing.
This year alone eight million children are expected to go missing, and some of these will never be found.
With this in mind, May 25 marks International Missing Children’s Day.
It shares the date with the day six-year-old Etan Patz went missing in New York in 1979, never to be seen again.
The day is intended to encourage everyone to remember the children who are missing and send a message of support to the parents who have often campaigned tirelessly to find answers.
One of the most high-profile campaigns is, of course, that of Madeleine McCann (above, how experts believe she would look now) who vanished from Portugal on May 3, 2007, just days before her fourth birthday.
Her departure is very much back in the news – particularly in Spain – with the fifth anniversary having just passed, heralded with a spate of sightings and a new police probe launched around Nerja.
“It is only since Madeleine was taken from us, that Gerry and myself have become aware of just how many children go missing each year,” explained her mother Kate McCann this week.
“The scale of the problem is huge. In fact, it is terrifying.
“It is the most painful and agonising experience you could ever imagine,” she added.
“My thoughts of the fear, confusion and loss of love and security that my precious daughter has had to endure are unbearable – crippling. And yet I am not the victim, Madeleine is.
“No child should EVER have to experience something so terrible.”
The last confirmed sighting of Madeleine was in the early evening of May 3 by Miguel Matias, manager of the beachside Paraiso restaurant, who saw dad Gerry dancing with his daughter while the family ate a meal on the terrace.
Since then there have been many reported sightings of Madeleine in both Portugal and Spain as well as elsewhere in the world, yet, oddly perhaps, not one has produced any firm leads.
Nor, however, have most been conclusively eliminated.
This month marks the fifth anniversary since Maddie vanished, and police have issued a new photo of what they believe Maddie may look like now.
It comes a year after the Metropolitan Police – at the bidding of Prime Minister David Cameron – ordered a complete review of the case.
Since then there has been a renewed surge in publicity, as well as in sightings.
And Kate McCann is, at least, upbeat insisting ‘the chances of finding Madeleine are now significantly greater’.
“The term ‘mystery’ (commonly used by the media) is not applicable until all possible avenues have been explored.
“They haven’t been, and can’t be until the case is reopened,” she insisted.
Intriguingly, as reported in the Olive Press, many of the apparent sightings have been around Spain, with lots of people believing she could easily be living here.
It would have been easy for a possible kidnapper to sneak the toddler across the border and disappear into Spain.
Particularly as Portuguese police failed to inform the border of a missing toddler for 12 hours and, crucially, the CCTV on the A22 motorway was not working on the night in question.
This suspicion was heightened when a taxi driver came forward a fortnight ago claiming he had taken four adults with a young girl, looking like Madeleine, from a pick up in the Algarve towards Spain.
Antonio Castela, 72, went to Portugal’s CID, after three men, a woman and a young girl got into his cab on May 4 2007 in Monte Gordo and driving the group to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, where they drove away in a blue jeep.
Gerry McCann has always maintained there is a ‘very real possibility’ his daughter is in Spain.
“It’s about 90 minutes drive away so if the perpetrator had a car waiting, she could easily have been moved to Spain,” he has said.
Indeed in August 2009 it emerged that just 72 hours after Madeleine disappeared, two British men were approached, in Barcelona, by a ‘Victoria Beckham lookalike’ who reportedly asked: “Are you here to deliver my new daughter?”
Two detectives working with the Met Police’s Operation Grange actually flew to Spain in November 2011, to re-investigate that incident.
According to reports they have been back on various occasions since, always refusing to comment on the case.
Most recently Portuguese police sent a request to their Spanish counterparts to investigate a sighting in Nerja.
Off the back of this, Olive Press reader Rose Johnson (left), 70, came forward to insist she saw the missing girl playing on Penoncillo beach – between Torrox and Nerja – last summer.
It came just weeks after another Olive Press reader Yvonne Tunnicliffe insisted she was ‘100 per cent sure’ she saw Maddie while out on a shopping trip in Alhaurin two years ago.
Since then the Olive Press has also investigated sightings in nearby Sayalonga and Cabopino.
Many people have questioned the value of investigating these sightings but the McCann family continues to ask the public to report anything that could provide a clue.
“People have asked (usually in a critical manner) why has Madeleine received such attention when there are thousands of missing children around the world?
“My feeling is that the publicity surrounding Madeleine’s abduction was not inappropriate. Every child in such a situation should receive this same amount of attention, but it shouldn’t be down to the family to instigate it,” said Kate.
As we go to print, Portuguese police are still refusing to officially reopen the case, despite British police claiming there are 195 new leads as a result of Operation Grange launched last year.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood even went on record this month to say he ‘genuinely’ believes she could be alive.
He added that the original investigation was flawed because police were looking for a dead person and got it into their minds that the parents were to blame.
There are still several vocal groups that continue to uphold this theory and there are websites dedicated to bringing the parents ‘to justice.’
But the only thing that is certain is that Maddie is still missing and her parents are continuing the campaign to find her.
Just as parents around the world are campaigning to find their missing children.
Here the Olive Press looks look at a few of the cases of children who have gone missing from Spain…
Amy
Irish teenager Amy Fitzpatrick vanished without trace while walking home on New Year’s Day in 2008.
Despite a high profile campaign no trace of the 15-year-old has ever been found.
A lot of mystery surrounds the disappearance and, as reported in the Olive Press, police files emerged last year allegedly confirming she was a wild child living a lifestyle spiralling out of control.
An Olive Press reader recently dismissed claims that Amy ‘had to forage for food in the bins’ but confirmed that the teen spent four months living with her, ‘on and off’, instead of with her parents.
Incredibly, mother Audrey Fitzpatrick has recently claimed that Amy could have been murdered by convicted killer Eric ‘Lucky’ Wilson.
Wilson is currently serving 23 years in prison for shooting down Dan Smith outside the Lounge Bar, in Riviera, in June 2010.
Audrey made a formal statement to police in Ireland after ‘an underworld source’ approached them alleging Dubliner Wilson had boasted about killing Amy.
Yeremi
Yeremi Vargas was just seven years old when he disappeared from outside his family home on Gran Canaria five years ago.
His bespectacled smiling face has since become well known across Spain.
But there has been no trace of him.
This despite the police insisting at the time that they were confident he could not have left the Canary Islands as all boats were stopped from leaving within hours of his disappearance and those that had already left were searched when they reached their destination.
His mother Ithaisa Suarez, who was just 16 when Yeremi was born, maintains her son was kidnapped. “I called him in for lunch and he nodded and said he’d be there in a moment,” she says.
“Five minutes – it couldn’t have been more than five minutes, I put my head round the door and he was gone.”
There were no witnesses to his disappearance but police reopened the case in March this year, exactly five years after Yeremi vanished, following a new lead involving a white Opel Corsa, seen in the area at the time.
Jose and Ruth
The two siblings Jose and Ruth Breton, two and six, disappeared from a park in Cordoba last October.
Their dad Jose Breton has since been arrested over their disappearance and is being held in prison.
Meanwhile their mother Ruth Ortiz has publicly declared she believes her ex-husband murdered them.
Police have failed to find any trace of them despite several searches of his family home with radar equipment.
But the judge in the preliminary hearing has now said a third party could be implicated.
Security cameras show Breton arriving at his parents home with another man.
And Judge Jose Luis Rodriguez Lianz thinks this other man could have moved the children, and acted ‘through friendship or even for money’.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Empty Re: The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain

Post by pauline 17.05.12 18:13

To quote from this hard hitting article -

this year 8 million children are expected to go missing

it does not say how many of the 8 million will be taken from unlocked ground floor apartments while the parents are out drinking and have chosen not to use the available babysitting service
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 17.05.12 18:40

so the tax driver story is still being touted as happening on 4th may when he originally said it happened on 3rd may four years ago and the debunked madeleine playing on a beach with the german family is still being put out there as a sighting

they had to stick in the ridiculous beckham story as well, why did they not include the india, dubai, new zealand sightings or the one about the bouncer having a dossier with proof madeleine was in the usa

it makes a mockery of missing childrens week
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 17.05.12 18:42

pauline wrote:To quote from this hard hitting article -

this year 8 million children are expected to go missing

it does not say how many of the 8 million will be taken from unlocked ground floor apartments while the parents are out drinking and have chosen not to use the available babysitting service

This hard hitting article aaagh is still pushing the Madeleine in Spain and still peddling tripe like this,
The last confirmed sighting of Madeleine was in the early evening of May 3 by Miguel Matias, manager of the beachside Paraiso restaurant, who saw dad Gerry dancing with his daughter while the family ate a meal on the terrace.

And quote
This suspicion was heightened when a taxi driver came forward a fortnight ago claiming he had taken four adults with a young girl, looking like Madeleine, from a pick up in the Algarve towards Spain.
Antonio Castela, 72, went to Portugal’s CID, after three men, a woman and a young girl got into his cab on May 4 2007 in Monte Gordo and driving the group to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, where they drove away in a blue jeep.

And we have Kate saying
And Kate McCann is, at least, upbeat insisting ‘the chances of finding Madeleine are now significantly greater’.
“The term ‘mystery’ (commonly used by the media) is not applicable until all possible avenues have been explored.
“They haven’t been, and can’t be until the case is reopened,” she insisted.

I picked up this paper today many kms inland in an out of the way place called Competa. There are many many expats living there who rush to the venta for their free copy, and what are they reading ? spin

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 17.05.12 19:04

I missed the bit about the cctv, wasnt it confirmed it was taken a day or so before? Someone should post the link to the paraiso restauraunt cctv from 3rd may showing the mccanns were not there! or even their own statements and others saying they were not, how lazy they are.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 17.05.12 19:12

friedtomatoes wrote:I missed the bit about the cctv, wasnt it confirmed it was taken a day or so before? Someone should post the link to the paraiso restauraunt cctv from 3rd may showing the mccanns were not there! or even their own statements and others saying they were not, how lazy they are.
Hi friedtomatoes, no they were not there, we know they were not there, but the hundreds of holidaymakers on the Coata del Sol and Costa Blanca will read this tripe as these free papers are in stacks wherever the uk holiday makers eat, drink, buy their baked beans from. We can post up facts but they will not see it. They read these untruths in the uk press and come for a sunny holiday and read it again. spin and more spin .

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 17.05.12 19:28

Nina, well said, either those journos are ill informed or they are deliberately spreading untruths and half truths, either way they are irresponsible at best.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 17.05.12 19:51

friedtomatoes wrote:Nina, well said, either those journos are ill informed or they are deliberately spreading untruths and half truths, either way they are irresponsible at best.
Friedtomatoes, well said yourself. No they are not ill informed, they have the facilities to read everything we read from the police files. What was written in todays edition will be read by most of the passengers arriving at Malaga or Alicante from the uk because these papers are everywhere those passengers will go. As I posted previously all bars and cafes that do whatever and chips, the hotels, the supermarkets that stock baked beand and marmite. The venta I picked my copy up from today is a meeting place for all the expats who live in the area, and there are hundreds of them, and this place was many kms inland from the beaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 17.05.12 20:00

Nina wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:Nina, well said, either those journos are ill informed or they are deliberately spreading untruths and half truths, either way they are irresponsible at best.
Friedtomatoes, well said yourself. No they are not ill informed, they have the facilities to read everything we read from the police files. What was written in todays edition will be read by most of the passengers arriving at Malaga or Alicante from the uk because these papers are everywhere those passengers will go. As I posted previously all bars and cafes that do whatever and chips, the hotels, the supermarkets that stock baked beand and marmite. The venta I picked my copy up from today is a meeting place for all the expats who live in the area, and there are hundreds of them, and this place was many kms inland from the beaches.

i have more faith in people making their own minds up
big grin
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 17.05.12 20:19

I'm just sickened by this media blitz for the last couple of weeks. Sun, Star, Olive Press and all the crap they print. I blame Redwood for the stupid statements he's issued saying Maddie could be alive, could be dead. Why would a seasoned copper spout such twaddle?

If it's true that he's liaised with the 2 main suspects imo that is so dangerous. He should have questioned them, possibly under caution, not just had a friendly chat. If the parents spin is to be believed they're so happy now that SY is taking the case and they're much more buoyed by this news than they were last year!

I pray that some decent police will have the backbone to liaise with Mark Harrison, Martin Grimes and Lee Rainbow and stop the ridiculous charade that's ongoing. Perhaps I live in cloud cuckoo land but I've never seen a case like this where the main suspects chit-chat with the detective in charge of the review. Mind boggles.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.05.12 20:26

jay2001 wrote:I'm just sickened by this media blitz for the last couple of weeks. Sun, Star, Olive Press and all the crap they print. I blame Redwood for the stupid statements he's issued saying Maddie could be alive, could be dead. Why would a seasoned copper spout such twaddle?

If it's true that he's liaised with the 2 main suspects imo that is so dangerous. He should have questioned them, possibly under caution, not just had a friendly chat. If the parents spin is to be believed they're so happy now that SY is taking the case and they're much more buoyed by this news than they were last year!

I pray that some decent police will have the backbone to liaise with Mark Harrison, Martin Grimes and Lee Rainbow and stop the ridiculous charade that's ongoing. Perhaps I live in cloud cuckoo land but I've never seen a case like this where the main suspects chit-chat with the detective in charge of the review. Mind boggles.

I've never seen a case where the detective in charge sits on a breakfast sofa discussing a case either! Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 17.05.12 20:41

andy redwood went on gmtv/daybreak NOT newsnight, sky or bbc news, oprah next i guess
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 18.05.12 1:26

candy floss wrote: I've never seen a case where the detective in charge sits on a breakfast sofa discussing a case either! Shocked

Yes exactly...never

Well if people are stupid to believe everything they read and not have a mind to question and sense something not right then this just sums up the UK in truth

News International will be rubbing their hands with glee. They desperately needed a story that would run and run to sell their comics to pay for the upcoming law suits against them...Cue Rebekah Brooks forcing asking Cameron for the SY review
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.05.12 6:44

Can we help these poor hacks? The stories have so far been rather similar. I'm sure we can all think of much better headlines, here's a draft:

Maddie alive in Scotland - pyjamas found!
Police are questioning Help the Aged shop assistant in the Outer Hebrides!

Maddie's pyjamas found in second hand shop! Identifed by the teastain which was described in the book.
Woman says: I bought it for my niece, it was only a pound, so I thought I'd get the stain out. Then I saw that Madeleine is alive on the news and I just wondered, so I told my sister and she said to go to the police. (photograph of both sister and woman holding up pyjama top).
The police are checking with Kate McCann where the spot was exactly and the woman in the charity shop thinks she knows who put it in, the police are talking to Scotland Yard ...etc.
Suitable headline 'Proof at last - Maddie is in UK!'
Obligatory photograph of Maddie poster and a smaller one of the age progressed uninteresting one. [/quote]

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 18.05.12 9:06

Another piece I skimmed through in the article is where it says Andy Redwood added that the original investigation was flawed as the police were looking for a dead person and got it in their minds the parents were involved. Anyone here him saying this anywhere?
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.05.12 9:14

friedtomatoes wrote:Another piece I skimmed through in the article is where it says Andy Redwood added that the original investigation was flawed as the police were looking for a dead person and got it in their minds the parents were involved. Anyone here him saying this anywhere?

It's this: Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood even went on record this month to say he ‘genuinely’ believes she could be alive.
He added that the original investigation was flawed because police were looking for a dead person and got it into their minds that the parents were to blame.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 18.05.12 9:17

Thanks Tigger. But do you recall reading or hearing this before?
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.05.12 9:25

friedtomatoes wrote:Thanks Tigger. But do you recall reading or hearing this before?

I don't know, one would have to go through the videos or the transcripts to be sure, but imo it was essentially what came across.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.05.12 9:40

tigger wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:Another piece I skimmed through in the article is where it says Andy Redwood added that the original investigation was flawed as the police were looking for a dead person and got it in their minds the parents were involved. Anyone here him saying this anywhere?

It's this: Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood even went on record this month to say he ‘genuinely’ believes she could be alive.

I have watched most of the interviews etc., and I really don't recall him saying anything like that at all. I'm sure it would have been put on this forum if he had with the appropriate comments! I don't think he has ever said anything bad about the original investigation has he? It would undermine his relationship with the police in Portugal he is working with at present, if he was saying they got it totally wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.05.12 9:54

candyfloss wrote:
tigger wrote:

I have watched most of the interviews etc., and I really don't recall him saying anything like that at all. I'm sure it would have been put on this forum if he had with the appropriate comments! I don't think he has ever said anything bad about the original investigation has he? It would undermine his relationship with the police in Portugal he is working with at present, if he was saying they got it totally wrong.

Yes of course you're right. I just thought Friedtomatoes had lost it in the article. It's essentially what the press made of it and I think some of them printed it too, which may be why the OP has run it if it has alreay been printed elsewhere. Even so.

They come up with three children - one a 15 year old wild child, who was actually living on and off with an OP reader.
The two children whose father is I believe in jail because the Spanish police has arrested him for the murder of his two children in the wake of a bitter divorce and they are sure the children are dead.
Yeremy Vargas, who was probably killed by his karate teacher, who is I think in prison or on trial for paedophilia. This was many years ago in the Canary Islands I think .

So Sorry OP. No match to the unique disappearance of MBMcCann.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 18.05.12 10:16

The words rang a bell but I didnt think Redwood ever said them. Mystery solved, it was Ian Horrocks see end of the article linked.
I think there was an article in one of the uk newspapers on his theory that Madeleine was taken for a family.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/03/i-saw-maddie-at-costa-del-sol-beach-restaurant/
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 18.05.12 11:38

quote jay 2001

I've never seen a case like this where the main suspects chit-chat with the detective in charge of the review. Mind boggles

I have not heard anything other than the pair have been assigned a family liaison officer which is standard. If AR has had anything other than a brief chat updating them on procedure that is def out of order.
Also I understand the legal situation at the start of this review is that the parents are not suspects, their arguido status in Portugal was lifted ?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Empty Two stories in the Olive Press

Post by Tony Bennett 18.05.12 21:08

The precise role of Jon Clarke, Editor of The Olive Press, in generating stories about Madeleine McCann, is not fully understood, but has been significant.

In particular, let us look at these two stories from The Olive Press in October 2007. I will highlight the parts that are of particular interest in blue, and will return another time to discuss them:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A local paedophile, not the McCanns killed Maddie
The Olive Press
October 25, 2007

As the parents of Missing Madeleine claim their innocence on Spanish TV, the Olive Press’ Jon Clarke – the first British newspaper journalist on the scene – analyses why the McCanns did not do it.

OF course, the best whodunnits are complex and far-fetched. But for a couple of loving parents to murder their daughter, bury and cover all traces in the space of an hour while on holiday is stretching it a bit far.

The fact that they are educated doctors with not a blemish on their names.

The fact that they were on holiday with two other families.

The fact that they invited the world’s press to help with not one speck of real dirt sticking to them.

These are just some of the reasons why I am convinced the McCanns did not kill their daughter Madeleine, 4.

Increasingly, a whispering campaign has become a titillating news item that has become a deluge of news reports about why and how they murdered their daughter.

Not just in the United Kingdom. Even more so in Spain, Portugal, even France and the United States are throwing in their top reporters and crime analysts to try and solve the mystery that is Missing Maddie.

But, as a journalist who has four times been to Praia de Luz to cover the story and as the first British newspaper reporter on the scene on that fated morning in May this year, I am certain, Kate and Gerry McCann did not kill their daughter.

It is perhaps all too obvious that eventually the finger would point at the parents. After all, they say that in cases of child molesting and abduction half the time it is the nearest and dearest who is to blame.

This however, is perhaps more to do with the ineptitude of the Portuguese police investigation that has been ragged, eccentric at best.

That it took them three months to invite in specialists to pick up the vital strands of DNA evidence strewn around the flat.

That they seized the hire car of the McCann’s, found so-called “key, crucial DNA evidence on the back seat,” then allowed them to have it back to drive around.

That they allowed dozens of local people, including one of the main suspects to wander around the crime scene.

That they did not shut the border with Spain till practically the next day.

From the word go, they did not take this crime seriously.

And, in a way, who can blame them?

Praia de Luz sits in the sleepy south west corner of Europe, just short of Sagres. There had been no kidnappings, murders, or any serious crime reported for three years, as it turned out.

The Mark Warner holiday club that charged thousands to parents like the McCanns, did not even have security cameras, or secure premises.

There was no suggestion of putting families on higher floors. Like numerous housing developments up and down the Costa del Sol and the Algarve, you could walk straight in through a small gate.

All the more perfect for a predatory paedophile who lived in the area.

I am not going to claim to be able to solve the mystery, but I am convinced that Maddie was snatched by a local paedophile, who had been watching the family’s movements.

It was coming to the end of their holiday. The fifth night they had put their children to bed and wondered down to have dinner with their friends, all doctors bar one. The apartment door was shut, but within easy reach of the road. In any case it is almost certain that the plastic shutters on the apartment were used to get out, perhaps in too.

The small village had apparently very little crime . . . until you scratched the surface. While there had only been one murder of any substance for nearly three years in the area, there was, it turned out, a seedy underworld inhabited by numerous expatriates.

One woman told me how she had been the victim of an attempted snatch at midnight in nearby Lagos a month or two earlier. A long term English couple, who lived in the small nearby village where suspect Robert Murat grew up, told me there were “half a dozen” paedophiles living in their village alone.

It was sketchy and unsubstantiated, but there was no doubt, as in any place where northern European expatriates drift in their hundreds, there were quite a number of bad eggs amongst them.

Then, there was the Russian connection. Robert Murat’s friend Sergei, a handsome young man.

Either way, I do not see how the McCanns could have done it. That is if the police and press had been doing only half the job they should have been doing.

Much has been made of the missing hour-and-a-half window between 7pm and 8.30pm between Madeleine being put to bed and the parents coming down to dinner.

While Gerry was seen playing tennis, Kate was apparently in the flat...she must be guilty then? Not really. She was probably relaxing, having a bath, putting on her make up for the evening.

The latest report in one of the salacious Portuguese tabloids, Kate apparently killed Maddie and then hid the body in the fridge of their apartment before “passing it through various locations” and finally moving it in a hire car, perhaps on a “suspicious” trip to Huelva three weeks later.

But given that the apartment fridges are tiny, they would have had to chop her up first.

Would they have then calmly sat at dinner with their friends at 8.30pm, showing no sign of a struggle or the anguish of murdering their daughter?

Surely one of the so-called Tapas Nine would have spotted something?

On top of this, Portuguese police had their finest detectives flown in from Lisbon the following day.

Is not likely they would have checked the fridge, and more crucially monitored their movements three weeks later on their publicity tour around Europe?

One other thing, if they had killed Madeleine and then somehow driven her body away in the tiny time scale that evening, they would have needed to have gone more than 25 miles – the distance from the resort sniffer dogs and police searched.

That would mean driving for at least half an hour on the poor windy backroads inland from the Algarve. They did not know the back roads, nor a good spot to hide the body. How would they have hidden the body? Using a shovel? Hold on, would not there then be a shop somewhere that sold them a shovel? Is anyone missing a shovel? If so, please call the Olive Press newsdesk.

It is all so far fetched it is quite ridiculous. There is only one slight niggle. That of Harold Shipman. Britain’s most prolific serial killer to date. He was a GP near Manchester who got away with the murder of dozens of vulnerable elderly people in a sick craving for power.

Could Kate and Gerry be in the same league?

Now you are really talking fantasy football.

2nd Article

Maddie taken to Morocco by paedophiles
The Olive Press,
October 30, 2007

Majority of Spaniards believe McCanns are lying after TV appeal

A TOP Spanish detective agency believes Maddie McCann was kidnapped to order by a gang of paedophiles and smuggled to Morocco.

The company Metodo 3 reportedly thinks Madeleine was snatched after a tip-off by an insider at their Portuguese holiday complex.

The private eye team based in Barcelona has reportedly never failed to find a missing person, giving hope to distraught parents Kate and Gerry.

The group is said to be creating a ‘hitlist’ of Portuguese paedophiles known to prey on girls of Madeleine’s age.

Meanwhile over 70 per cent of viewers of a Spanish TV interview with Kate and Gerry McCann believe they were lying.

In a viewers’ poll, over two thirds believed they were covering up something in relation to the disappearance of their daughter Maddie in May.

The late night programme 360 Grados, in which Kate McCann broke down in tears, was chosen because the McCann’s believe that the Portuguese media have been relentlessly hostile.

They hoped that the Spanish programme might persuade viewers to be more sympathetic to them.

But in the discussion section following the 14-minute interview callers voiced their doubts about the couple.

The family have also issued an artist’s impression of the man believed to have snatched their daughter.

With no impression forthcoming from the Portuguese police, the family commissioned one of the UK’s top crime artists to make the sketch.

It is based on the recollection of one of the so-called Tapas Nine – the McCanns’ friends – who were also staying in Praia da Luz in May.

Jane Tanner, 36, told police how she saw a man carrying a bundle away from the apartment and down towards the church at around 9.15pm that night.

The man was around 5ft 9ins, about 35 years in age, with dark hair parted at the side and slightly longer at the back. He wore a dark jacket, beige trousers and dark shoes.

ENDS

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

The Olivepress, Maddie in Spain Empty The views of almostgothic and Jay2001 on The Olive Press

Post by Tony Bennett 18.05.12 21:20

These two posters on the 'Missing Madeleine' forum made some interesting points yesterday about The Olive Press:

almostgothic:

There must be something in it for The Olive Press to churn out Maddie stories and bogus sightings on a monotonously regular basis. And indeed any old regurgitated rubbish where the Maddie name can be included.
In a recent comment column on the Johnson story (which now seems to have vanished in its original form), the owner/editor not only encouraged Karen Sisson in her erroneous and ludicrous finger-pointing at the guy who turned out to be Mr Mayer, but he also said this:

Pls contact us at the Olive Press with any more sightings… We have had around a dozen so far and have investigated all, with around half knocked down…
as it happens we found Madeleine in An Axarquia village last week… Same age, looking similar, but NOT her!

To any passing Brit laydees who have had too much sun and not nearly enough HRT, his curiously elated enthusiasm will be a 'moths-to-a-flame' attraction. And any parents with their kids who just want to have a nice holiday will be fair game for all the resultant prodding, poking and gawping. Or worse.

One thing I'd like to ask The Olive Press - why in the original version of the Penoncillo Beach story was the woman referred to named as Rosalie Bray? And why did you change it to Rose Johnson?

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Jay2001:

Ain't that the truth! The gullible and deluded will believe it - you've only got to read the berks on the Sun who write such pathetic stuff. It makes me despair.

IMO the Olive Press has some sort of axe to grind and I'm not sure what it is. But the article is full of items that have been discounted and are just being regurgitated and full of spin. Why? The blitz in the last couple of weeks is mind boggling. And next week with the Missing Persons thingy at number 10 there'll be more spinning. After the last few items we've witnessed recently it's just weird. The crap in the Star, the Derek Acorah spooky goings on and now the Olive press. The taxi driver - first it was the 3 May, then it was the 4 May, which is Clarrie? Truth or lie?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 18.05.12 21:37

That they allowed dozens of local people, including one of the main suspects to wander around the crime scene.

--------------

Oh really? Would that be Mr Murat whom none of the gnr officers and other people who actually knew him recalled seeing him there that night let alone inside 5a?
Not to mention he was not a main suspect on May 3rd, so that was a bit of strange wording
lol!

I find the olive press articles contain alot of errors, they are not too different from the english red tops but not as bad.
eta: the journalists are also lazy with their cut and pasting or deliberately misquoting as they did in the latest article attributing words said by one ex police officer, which they reported on at the time, to andy redwood as if anything goes
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum