The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Priests

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Priests

Post by Nina on 28.07.15 21:19

@aquila wrote:
@tinkier wrote:The Eucharist, which is also called the Holy Communion, Mass, the Lord's Supper or the Divine Liturgy, is a sacrament accepted by almost all Christians.
It's normal for a Eucharist service to invite people who are not of a particular denomination to come forward if they want to receive a blessing. Depending on which church you attend, you can make your way forward with those who are partaking in Holy Communion by folding your arms with your hands crossed shoulder to shoulder to indicate you are not confirmed. The priest then knows to bless you. I believe there is a photograph of Haynes-Hubbard blessing KM in this way.
Here you are aquila........................

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4853p210-interview-with-father-haynes-hubbard-5-year-on

(snipped from news.bbc.co.uk, 11th May 2007)

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 28.07.15 21:32

But Kate isn't folding her arms. And it looks like she has something pinched between her fingers....

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 28.07.15 21:37

@worriedmum wrote:But Kate isn't folding her arms. And it looks like she has something pinched between her fingers....
The host, the bread/wafer?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.07.15 21:37

[quote="worriedmum"]But Kate isn't folding her arms. And it looks like she has something pinched between her fingers....[/quote]
==========

The Body of Christ (Catholic)

Back to top Go down

Holy Father...?

Post by missbeetle on 29.07.15 0:59

Another interesting old photograph has come to light via Facebook :

Date, place and priest unknown...

...but I believe that to be Kate Healy with her parents.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.07.15 5:55

@aquila wrote:
@tinkier wrote:The Eucharist, which is also called the Holy Communion, Mass, the Lord's Supper or the Divine Liturgy, is a sacrament accepted by almost all Christians.
It's normal for a Eucharist service to invite people who are not of a particular denomination to come forward if they want to receive a blessing. Depending on which church you attend, you can make your way forward with those who are partaking in Holy Communion by folding your arms with your hands crossed shoulder to shoulder to indicate you are not confirmed. The priest then knows to bless you. I believe there is a photograph of Haynes-Hubbard blessing KM in this way.

But that is the Anglican service you are talking about, isn't it aquila?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.07.15 5:57

@lj wrote:
@aquila wrote:

But that is the Anglican service you are talking about, isn't it aquila?
Yes lj. Father HH is an Anglican. It does get confusing (well for me anyway).

Thanks Nina for posting up the photo - and yes it does look like a wafer.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.07.15 5:58

@Honeyblade wrote:Participated in the Eucharist ?
Is that not receiving communion .. Sorry if I made mistake in CofE Eucharist is the sacrament ..
Apologies for mistake ...

It talks about an eucharistic celebration, which sounds like the whole service. 

I don't doubt they participated in the Anglican "communion", I doubt they went for the catholic one.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeyblade on 29.07.15 9:51

n Sunday, at around 9.30 a.m., the McCann family walked to the parochial church in order to, together with the other worshippers, participate in the Eucharistic celebration which also included the intention of little Maddie. During the Mass, the head of the celebration also tried to motivate the entire Christian community (including the foreigners that attended in greater numbers than usual) to prayers around the child that disappeared from the bedroom where she slept with her two siblings.
Sorry my confusion was here in that I thought that this was the RC priest saying they had taken communion with others ..in CofE all those who go to priest or Eucharistic minister when invited are either noted as communicant or non communicant if it's for a blessing ..sorry again...

Honeyblade

View user profile http://Hon3ybladesblog Wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.07.15 10:30

@Honeyblade wrote:n Sunday, at around 9.30 a.m., the McCann family walked to the parochial church in order to, together with the other worshippers, participate in the Eucharistic celebration which also included the intention of little Maddie. During the Mass, the head of the celebration also tried to motivate the entire Christian community (including the foreigners that attended in greater numbers than usual) to prayers around the child that disappeared from the bedroom where she slept with her two siblings.
 Sorry my confusion was here in that I thought that this was the RC priest saying they had taken communion with others ..in CofE all those who go to priest or Eucharistic minister when invited are either noted as communicant or non communicant if it's for a blessing ..sorry again...
I think you're getting too 'technical' here, it's so easy to do, especially when comparing the Catholic and Anglican traditions within the UK. Just to put some perspective on this, I was christened a Methodist (I haven't seen the inside of a Methodist church since 1969). I attended the Catholic church in the 1990's every week for one year. I attended the C of E church too - I've attended a Baptist church also (hellfire and brimstone).

Birmingham has two cathedrals - St. Philips is the C of E and St. Martins is the Catholic cathedral. These cathedrals now and then did a bit of a swap with their heads of church to provide Sunday Service to their respective congregations. I can recall the Catholic priest coming to St. Philips (who incidentally told the best joke about the Pope during the service I've ever heard) arrived at the C of E service. This was a Eucharist service and everyone who was confirmed took Holy Communion. I can only assume that his C of E counterpart did the same in the Catholic service that day (he probably wasn't as witty). The church in PDL was likely the same too - there isn't a great deal of difference between the services of Anglican 'high church' and Roman Catholic church.

The point I'm trying to make (so very badly) is that the church in PDL was swooped on by the Press and the unctuous Haynes-Hubbard (he makes me shudder), who was a little too slick and comfortable with speaking to the media than is normal for your average religious servant went on to become great friends with the McCanns and allegedly they visited relatives of HH's wife in Canada. That, I find very difficult to understand but hey, it's all a world of networking and my goodness the McCanns and their media machine have exploited that very well.

Swallowing a communion wafer and having your photo taken in PDL wouldn't have meant a jot imo.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeyblade on 29.07.15 11:44

Lol ... Beautifully put exactly the training my son is undertaking to make church more comfortable.. I'm stilted by high Anglican indoctrination so yes I guess I was being to technical .. Like you I dislike HH .. Thanks for putting perspective on it .. It must have been a terrible time for people in PdL on the periphery .. As well as those involved ... Lost my son once after he wasn't back from a friend when he should be .. We had search parties out all over our area ,police looking, bus drivers and it was dark,I was near breakdown then my phone rang and he'd been found as soon as I saw him I didn't know whether to laugh ,cry,hug him or shout probably all four ,he'd lost his bus fare and walked home across park alone.
What was lovely was how pleased the police were he was safe and sound

Honeyblade

View user profile http://Hon3ybladesblog Wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Sister Act...?

Post by missbeetle on 03.08.15 8:53

There are a couple of mentions of religious sisters in this mystery story -

- at Kate's announcement of her pregnancy with Madeleine :

(snipped from Mrs Janet Kennedy's rogatory statement)

...and when they went to the Vatican, two nuns dressed in white caught their eye :

(snipped from the Telegraph, 30th May 2007)

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Green Man...

Post by missbeetle on 11.08.15 6:27

(10th May, 2007 - sorry, I can't remember my source)

Is that Fr Paul Seddon robed up in the green at the top left of this picture?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More priestly photographs and trivia...

Post by missbeetle on 03.05.16 1:58

Speaking of the imported Fr Paul Seddon being photographed in mufti -

check out this enthusiastic picture of him at a 2007 vigil back home in Formby, Liverpool :

No wonder the McCanns didn't bring him along on their Papal visit...!

Not when the Pope himself had this glamorous fair-haired Father in his entourage :

HThis elegant fellow is, I think, Archbishop Georg Ganswein -

as seen on the cover of the Italian edition of Vanity Fair :

Gerry's blog makes reference to some kind words said to him by an American Priest in Rome -

he mentions the name of Msgr Daniel Gallagher - a media man himself :

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/27/priest-translates-pope-tweets-latin/6954991/

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 03.05.16 8:34

@missbeetle wrote:Another interesting old photograph has come to light via Facebook :

And note 'The Hidden Hand' Masonic pose.  No doubt just a coincidence.

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo on 03.05.16 15:07

@missbeetle wrote:Another interesting old photograph has come to light via Facebook :

The hand in the jacket is very mason-esque indeed!

Sorry! Already been mentioned!  yes

Roxyroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lead by the Church of England...?

Post by missbeetle on 04.05.16 10:26

Rothley's Anglican vicar Rob Gladstone again leading the vigil for missing Madeleine yesterday -

- prayers and a poem outside by the village war memorial.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 04.05.16 16:45

Strange how they can look so devastated nine years after the disappearance  but  managed  to look on top of the world nine days after .Is it possible they know the charade is coming to a close?

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another polo-shirt enthusiast...?

Post by missbeetle on 06.05.16 7:05

Here's a rather casually-dressed Fr Paul Seddon pictured helping the cause

15th August 2007, in Formby, Liverpool with family friends the McQueens

and I think Aunty Val to the far left. Cr Barry Griffiths in the Springbok jersey.

Again I am surprised by his polo-shirted muftiness -

and bogan black jeans - he really doesn't look very priestly to me.

Slightly strange is that a google images search for 'Fr Paul Seddon' gives me

various portraits of English gangsters (including one with a parrot on his shoulder)

in the related images section. I can only think it's because they are all big and bald.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum