The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MY BIGGEST FEAR

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MY BIGGEST FEAR

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 11:14

Yes I would like details of the "so many cases" to which they refer. Apart from the cases of Elisabeth Smart and the Austrian girl Natascha, I can think only of Jaycee Lee Dugard who spent 17 years with a paedophile and his wife and a lesser known case in the 1970s of Steven Stayner who was with an abductor / abuser for 7 years.

I presume that even the McCanns do not regard the Fritzl case as a good example of a lost child returning after many years.......

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.05.12 11:19

Jean wrote:Yes I would like details of the "so many cases" to which they refer. Apart from the cases of Elisabeth Smart and the Austrian girl Natascha, I can think only of Jaycee Lee Dugard who spent 17 years with a paedophile and his wife and a lesser known case in the 1970s of Steven Stayner who was with an abductor / abuser for 7 years.

I presume that even the McCanns do not regard the Fritzl case as a good example of a lost child returning after many years.......

Those two examples are also conveniently long term disappearances, leaving at least another decade of Fund raising!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 15.05.12 13:24

Jean wrote:Yes I would like details of the "so many cases" to which they refer. Apart from the cases of Elisabeth Smart and the Austrian girl Natascha, I can think only of Jaycee Lee Dugard who spent 17 years with a paedophile and his wife and a lesser known case in the 1970s of Steven Stayner who was with an abductor / abuser for 7 years.

Shawn Hornbeck, a boy from Missouri, US, was also kidnappd and held for 4 years before being discovered by police after a tip off, who were searching for another missing boy from Missouri, Ben Ownby. This was a very recent case and Shawn Hornbeck was discovered in 2007. He was being held by a violent paedophile, Michael J Devlin.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 13:43

Thanks for that EJW. I did know about that case but it had slipped my mind; some similarities with the Steven Stayner case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Stayner

Sadly Steven was killed in an accident when he was 24 and the second boy kidnapped by the same abductor died in 2010 aged 35.

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 15.05.12 13:47

Jean wrote:Thanks for that EJW. I did know about that case but it had slipped my mind; some similarities with the Steven Stayner case.

Sadly Steven was killed in an accident when he was 24 and the second boy kidnapped by the same abductor died in 2010 aged 35.

Yes Jean there are some similarities between the cases of Steven and Shawn, both very sad cases particularly as Steven died at a very young age. Cary Stayner the Yosemite Park Serial killer was also Steven's brother.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MY BIGGEST FEAR

Post by Hummingbird on 15.05.12 14:04

Can anyone tell me if any of these children were found during the almost 4 years of Madeleine's life before her disappearance?

Thanks!

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 14:19

Hummingbird, that would apply to the cases of Natascha (found August 2006) and Shawn (January 2007).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariita on 15.05.12 14:35

All right, so there have been some cases with "lucky" outcomes after being captivated for decades. Maybe the McCanns have been doing some homework after all...

Regarding the Fritzl case, the McCanns do actually have something in common with Josef Fritzl. The perpetrator is not a stranger to the child.

Mariita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.05.12 14:41

@Mariita wrote:All right, so there have been some cases with "lucky" outcomes after being captivated for decades. Maybe the McCanns have been doing some homework after all...

Regarding the Fritzl case, the McCanns do actually have something in common with Josef Fritzl. The perpetrator is not a stranger to the child.

So far there is nothing quite like the McCann case. A four year old girl taken by a stranger and expected to be alive five years later.
If it was for a childless couple, the obvious choice would have been Amelie. That leaves paedos and the MO is off the chart, the risk is off the chart and it would mean for certain that she is dead. Still alive in the 'care' of a paedophile is so far off the chart as to be in the next universe.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 15.05.12 15:03

@tigger wrote:
@Mariita wrote:All right, so there have been some cases with "lucky" outcomes after being captivated for decades. Maybe the McCanns have been doing some homework after all...

So far there is nothing quite like the McCann case. A four year old girl taken by a stranger and expected to be alive five years later.
If it was for a childless couple, the obvious choice would have been Amelie. That leaves paedos and the MO is off the chart, the risk is off the chart and it would mean for certain that she is dead. Still alive in the 'care' of a paedophile is so far off the chart as to be in the next universe.

tigger, I am inclined to agree with what you have just said, when all the evidence stacks up it can only lead to the fact that she is dead and was IMHO some time during her visit to Portugal.

There are many theories as to how she died - stating the obvious!!!. There is no evidence of an abduction, that we know, so we can rule it out.
She died by accident but then their 'happiness' immediately after the event and the quickness to print posters, family giving up full time jobs etc etc doesn't fit, they wouldn't have been able to think that logically.
Now, if this was planned and they decided to end Madeleine's life for whatever reason they had to have had a plan and they had to have got their ideas from somewhere to help them along. I can't help thinking that their continual references to the children being 'found alive & well' is not just because they want the fund givers to keep giving but maybe it is where the idea for abduction came from in the first place. Then the plan got bigger and bigger and they saw a way to make financial gain, as I am sure and quite rightly so, these children who were abducted and found years later have made through books and interviews etc.
This would explain why they keep bringing up this notion that she could be found in the future. They know she won't be but the whole idea was born from one of these cases.
Just thinking out loud really!

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Actually Kate and Gerry´s biggest fear...?

Post by Mariita on 17.05.12 13:18

For five years now we have been listening to the same old mantra-like statements that keep coming from Madeleine´s parents: Don´t give up on Madeleine!, Still missing, Keep the search going, Pray for Maddie´s safe return etc etc. I always get annoyed when the interviewer´s response to these statements is quiet noddings, almost with tears. Then the usual question of course, how long will they do this, how long will they keep searching. As tough it is to be in this horrible nightmare 24/7 (the worst that could happen to a parent, right?) they won´t give up on finding Maddie. She´s out there, somewhere. The interviewer looks at them, understanding (who would give up??) with admiration. So strong and persistent, enduring so much pain.

Well, let´s follow the abductionthesis all the way. Should be a dreamscenario for the McCann´s, in an interview. Pretend there is no other option. Madeleine was abducted, end of discussion. No accusations, no arguido-talk. Gerry has no need to start the "There is no evidence that we..."phrase.

Still, the facts are: Madeleine was not even four years old when she vanished, meaning only three years.
This incident occured five years ago. A long time for a child. Would she remember much from her first years in her life? She has now spent more time with the person who took her than she had with her mum and dad. If she returns back safe and well, would indicate she has come to no harm. Furthermore, Madeleine may even have been happy during this time. Happy enough to insist on staying with her new family? Since snatching children is so common (just quoting Kate) she could be living together with other boys and girls who also vanished from their first families once upon a time. Now considered as siblings! One big happy family, no harm done. Never heard of the Stockholm syndrome, Kate and Gerry? (Thankyou Tigger for reminding me of that expression in an earlier post)

Just some wishful thinking, what if they were asked such a question? After all, it´s a relevant one. Five years are 5 years. One has to consider a lot when you tell the whole world that you strongly believe that your child is still alive after such a long time. I mean, there are many "what if" questions even in the abductionthesis. Leaving no stone unturned...right?

Mariita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.05.12 14:19

Jean wrote:Thanks for that EJW. I did know about that case but it had slipped my mind; some similarities with the Steven Stayner case.

The case was featured on the real crime FBI TV programme last year. I've seen it a couple of times, it is quite horrendous. I was shocked the first time I watched it and they said at the end that Steven had died in a motorbike accident after all he had gone through. I felt so sorry for his family and friends.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 17.05.12 14:43

I wonder why they never trot out that terrible case of a very young girl who was camping in the garden as a special treat I believe. She was found murdered not long afterwards. Definitely a paedophile who took her, don't know if he was ever caught. It happened in the UK at least 10 years ago.

Not the MO they are looking for I imagine.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.12 15:47

I was thinking of that case Tigger only recently. Here's a link to a report at the time in 1995.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/girls-family-ripped-apart-by-murder-1594445.html

A truly dreadful but rare case of a child being taken from a home environment by a stranger.

Further link added - it's another case where are some doubts as to whether the right person was convicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes_(murderer)

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 17.05.12 16:54

Jean wrote:I was thinking of that case Tigger only recently. Here's a link to a report at the time in 1995.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/girls-family-ripped-apart-by-murder-1594445.html

A truly dreadful but rare case of a child being taken from a home environment by a stranger.

Further link added - it's another case where are some doubts as to whether the right person was convicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes_(murderer)

That is heart-breaking to read - the mother's story. They weren't neglectful even, Sophie was with other children. I think she was snatched while they were all asleep?
Now why are the McCanns not using that? Because if makes it clear that is the fate of children snatched by paedos. They are not treated like a princess or cared for and I doubt that Sophie's mother prayed for the murderer. Al she was concerned with is to have Sophie back.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A rare case of stranger abduction

Post by Guest on 02.06.12 19:20

I've just been refreshing my memory in this case from 1999 in which two 10-year-old girls were abducted in Hastings. They suffered a dreadful ordeal at the hands of their abductor but they survived and have been able to rebuild their lives.

http://www.youtube.co/watch?v=Io05IixAj8I&feature=related

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum