The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The airport bus F-Off comment

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The airport bus F-Off comment

Post by bunny on 02.03.10 13:22

Have to say I agree with Hedge here. Swearing as opposed to beating someone to within an inch of their life.......the beating is far far worse.

e.t.a How does the poster who thinks its okay to beat someone within an inch of their lives for swearing feel about the swearing on this forum made by a recent poster?

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 02.03.10 13:41

There is a big difference between swearing around young children and using the occasional swear word on a forum consisting of adults.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 02.03.10 13:42

The OP referred to the use of the F word, and that was what I was discussing. Personally, I wouldn't condone either of the extremes. For me, the choice is not between violence or verbal abuse but rather what is acceptable for young children to be exposed to. Choosing bad language rather than physical violence does not make use of the F word any more acceptable.
The use of more muted language in front of his patients smacks to me of double standards. IMO if the F word is unsuitable to use in front of his patients, it is certainly unacceptable for his children, otherwise how does a parent respond if their young child starts to use the F word in the day nursery/school ?

justagrannynow 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 02.03.10 13:47

I think you are overthinking it, unless you think the use of the swear word on the bus is directly linked to Madeleine's abduction then it strikes me as simply attempting to find any means to be critical or judgemental about their parenting. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that swearing in front of children is platinum standard parenting but how many of us platinum star it every minute of our lives, we simply don't.

I don't like this current fashion of picking holes in people when they are down, it's distasteful to me, so I think I'll step out of this thread now it has gone in this direction.

flower

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:11

Striker wrote:
@bunnie1 wrote:I can't recall the actual footage. Maybe it was just one mate joking to another out of earshot of the children.

There were four children, flanked by Kate on the left and Gerry on the right. The McCann's eldest daughter was sitting swinging her legs less than an arm's length away from her foul-mouthed father, and well within earshot. Opposite Gerry was a mother and baby, and behind her yet more children, with adults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043TUcduqd0

Such language may be the norm and not worthy of comment in your household, but there are still decent, honourable men in England who, if McCann had spoken that way in front of their wives and children then by God he would have apologised profusely or been beaten to within an inch of his life. McCann is a nothing more than a common hoodie, masquerading as a father and doctor.

Oi....you have no idea of what happens in my household so button it. Read my post again - I said I couldn't recall the actual video. Now that it has been provided I will look at it and give my opinion ok?

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 02.03.10 15:16

Striker wrote:
@bunnie1 wrote:I can't recall the actual footage. Maybe it was just one mate joking to another out of earshot of the children.

There were four children, flanked by Kate on the left and Gerry on the right. The McCann's eldest daughter was sitting swinging her legs less than an arm's length away from her foul-mouthed father, and well within earshot. Opposite Gerry was a mother and baby, and behind her yet more children, with adults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043TUcduqd0

Such language may be the norm and not worthy of comment in your household, but there are still decent, honourable men in England who, if McCann had spoken that way in front of their wives and children then by God he would have apologised profusely or been beaten to within an inch of his life. McCann is a nothing more than a common hoodie, masquerading as a father and doctor.

laugh laugh laugh

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:21

Striker wrote:Normal, decent people don't use such foul language in front of their toddler children. The children of their friends would also have been present, and quite possibly the children of strangers. On the strength of that one incident alone, Gerry McCann warranted close scrutiny and further investigation to determine exactly what kind of relationship he had with his infant offspring.

I noticed when the McCanns' propaganda 'documentary' was aired, Gerry had presumably been advised to refrain from effing and blinding whilst shooting the scenes in the family home. Must have been a great strain for him to keep it in check.

Given that the incident was captured on video, I would hope that his local Social Services took the opportunity to question him about it and to ensure that his remaining children aren't subjected to torrents of foul verbal abuse in the family home. It's shocking and disturbing though that a supposedly mature, educated adult - a doctor, no less - would need to be told how appallingly unacceptable his behaviour was.

It's a sobering and depressing thought too that that would have been one of the last memories which his daughter had of the uncouth, uncaring lout whom she was unfortunate enough to have for a father.

Having now seen the video....Have to say a bit muffled not quite as clear as Amaral's. I agree it was a bit naughty to say it but can see and agree with Hedge that it was a typical Joke between friends. I also agree with others that swearing in front of the kids is never a good idea and they will repeat everything they hear to their grandparents, this I know to be true LOL
Having said that I do think your post was over the top striker to equate one F word with children not being looked after properly. You must really hate the Royals and Toffs they do it all the time.

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker/muratfan on 02.03.10 15:28

It's vermin such as the McCanns who have brought this once-great nation to its knees. Our forefathers fought the evil Hun that we might live in freedom in England's green and pleasant land, and how do people like the McCanns choose to repay them? By using foul, disgusting language in front of women and children, by spending their holiday evenings out on the town getting blind drunk on alcohol whilst leaving their infant offspring to fend for themselves, alone and afraid in a foreign land, with said neglect leading to the disappearance and possible death of one of those unloved, burdensome mites. The foul language is but the thin end of the wedge, and a chilling, telling insight into the cold, dark soul of the man.

Striker/muratfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:31

Are you serious? It's the McCanns fault that all is not well with this Country, get real.

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 02.03.10 15:38

Striker, you seem to be blaming the McCanns for the downfall of this country and for life of me I just can't see why?

By your reckoning anyone who swears in front of their children must be responsible for the downfall of this country and must also be cold and must have a cold and dark soul? have I got this right?

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix on 02.03.10 15:44

Methinks striker is a WUM Rolling Eyes

bellatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 02.03.10 15:46

Thats what I was think too big grin

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:48

or something else - :scratch:

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 02.03.10 15:48

@bunnie1 wrote:
Striker wrote:Normal, decent people don't use such foul language in front of their toddler children. The children of their friends would also have been present, and quite possibly the children of strangers. On the strength of that one incident alone, Gerry McCann warranted close scrutiny and further investigation to determine exactly what kind of relationship he had with his infant offspring.

I noticed when the McCanns' propaganda 'documentary' was aired, Gerry had presumably been advised to refrain from effing and blinding whilst shooting the scenes in the family home. Must have been a great strain for him to keep it in check.

Given that the incident was captured on video, I would hope that his local Social Services took the opportunity to question him about it and to ensure that his remaining children aren't subjected to torrents of foul verbal abuse in the family home. It's shocking and disturbing though that a supposedly mature, educated adult - a doctor, no less - would need to be told how appallingly unacceptable his behaviour was.

It's a sobering and depressing thought too that that would have been one of the last memories which his daughter had of the uncouth, uncaring lout whom she was unfortunate enough to have for a father.

Having now seen the video....Have to say a bit muffled not quite as clear as Amaral's. I agree it was a bit naughty to say it but can see and agree with Hedge that it was a typical Joke between friends. I also agree with others that swearing in front of the kids is never a good idea and they will repeat everything they hear to their grandparents, this I know to be true LOL
Having said that I do think your post was over the top striker to equate one F word with children not being looked after properly. You must really hate the Royals and Toffs they do it all the time.

'Have to say a bit muffled and quite as clear as Amaral's.' - Bunnie, I am sure that you are as aware as everyone else that Amaral did not use the 'F' word.

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker/muratfan on 02.03.10 15:49

You see, this is the problem with the modern Britain in which we live. Only a handful of us navigate our lives with the guidance of a moral compass, while the rest of you see alcoholism and child neglect as perfectly normal, acceptable behaviour. Well it isn't; it never was and never will be but you'll never be able to understand that because it's become the norm in the strata of society which you inhabit, and may God help you and have mercy upon your souls. What those people did was wrong but they haven't even paid the price, have they? The price for their callous neglect was paid by their own daughter, who very likely paid with her life, and how you can defend that with a clear conscience is quite beyond me.

Striker/muratfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 02.03.10 15:50

@bellatrix wrote:Methinks striker is a WUM Rolling Eyes

Whats a WUM?

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 02.03.10 15:51

Striker wrote:You see, this is the problem with the modern Britain in which we live. Only a handful of us navigate our lives with the guidance of a moral compass, while the rest of you see alcoholism and child neglect as perfectly normal, acceptable behaviour. Well it isn't; it never was and never will be but you'll never be able to understand that because it's become the norm in the strata of society which you inhabit, and may God help you and have mercy upon your souls. What those people did was wrong but they haven't even paid the price, have they? The price for their callous neglect was paid by their own daughter, who very likely paid with her life, and how you can defend that with a clear conscience is quite beyond me.

Does your moral compass not guide you NOT to beat people to within an inch of their lives then? is that acceptable in your world?

Oh, and where does the alcholism come from? who is an alchoholic?

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:52

@Autumn wrote:
@bunnie1 wrote:

'Have to say a bit muffled and NOT quite as clear as Amaral's.' - Bunnie, I am sure that you are as aware as everyone else that Amaral did use the 'F' word.
big grin

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 15:54

@Autumn wrote:

Whats a WUM?

:bounce: wind up merchant..............

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix on 02.03.10 15:58

Striker wrote:You see, this is the problem with the modern Britain in which we live. Only a handful of us navigate our lives with the guidance of a moral compass, while the rest of you see alcoholism and child neglect as perfectly normal, acceptable behaviour. Well it isn't; it never was and never will be but you'll never be able to understand that because it's become the norm in the strata of society which you inhabit, and may God help you and have mercy upon your souls. What those people did was wrong but they haven't even paid the price, have they? The price for their callous neglect was paid by their own daughter, who very likely paid with her life, and how you can defend that with a clear conscience is quite beyond me.

Oh please! get over yourself! NOBODY is defending their actions neither pros nor antis nor fencies.You have NO idea what strata of society ANY of us inhabit but I do know it isn't a smug,self satisfied one! What has alcoholism got to do with anything and who is an alcoholic?

bellatrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 02.03.10 16:05

@bunny wrote:

Does your moral compass not guide you NOT to beat people to within an inch of their lives then? is that acceptable in your world?

Oh, and where does the alcholism come from? who is an alchoholic?

Fair point bunny thumbsup

Anti though I am I cannot hold the McCanns responsible for all the ills of the world.

justagrannynow 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on 02.03.10 16:11

@bunnie1 wrote:
@Autumn wrote:

Whats a WUM?

:bounce: wind up merchant..............

You learn something new everyday on this forum :)

Autumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 02.03.10 16:36

Hi
I didn't know what a wum was too but now I do.....

Things have changed. Things that would have been totally unacceptable in times gone by seem to be the norm now. I wouldn't hold Mr and Mrs McCann responsible for all the evils of the world because we are all responsible for allowing and settling for more relaxed standards.

As a generalisation I think Striker makes a fair comment but all the crap in the world cannot be laid on one doorstep only.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker/muratfan on 02.03.10 16:44

@bellatrix wrote:Oh please! get over yourself! NOBODY is defending their actions neither pros nor antis nor fencies.You have NO idea what strata of society ANY of us inhabit but I do know it isn't a smug,self satisfied one! What has alcoholism got to do with anything and who is an alcoholic?

By their own admission, the McCanns abandoned their children in a creche during the daylight hours of Thursday 3rd May 2007 while they spent the day drinking alcohol. Later, and again by their own admission, they were drinking alcohol in the apartment as they put the children to bed prior to abandoning them for the evening. Then they headed out to stuff their faces in the Tapas bar whilst knocking back yet more alcohol. Meantime, one of their children disappeared as a result of their neglect. The consumption of alcohol was more important to them than the wellbeing of their own offspring. Now tell me that that doesn't paint a picture of alcoholic parents.

Striker/muratfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on 02.03.10 16:56

Striker wrote:
@bellatrix wrote:Oh please! get over yourself! NOBODY is defending their actions neither pros nor antis nor fencies.You have NO idea what strata of society ANY of us inhabit but I do know it isn't a smug,self satisfied one! What has alcoholism got to do with anything and who is an alcoholic?

By their own admission, the McCanns abandoned their children in a creche during the daylight hours of Thursday 3rd May 2007 while they spent the day drinking alcohol. Later, and again by their own admission, they were drinking alcohol in the apartment as they put the children to bed prior to abandoning them for the evening. Then they headed out to stuff their faces in the Tapas bar whilst knocking back yet more alcohol. Meantime, one of their children disappeared as a result of their neglect. The consumption of alcohol was more important to them than the wellbeing of their own offspring. Now tell me that that doesn't paint a picture of alcoholic parents.

"At 19H30, the twins were already in their respective cots and MADELEINE in the bed next to the bedroom door. He does not know if they were asleep but from the silence he presumed that they were. As it was still early he took a bath, he thinks that KATE had already had one, they talked a little and drank wine or beer".

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Now show me where it says they spent the day drinking alcohol.

Drinks anyone?

ppcorn

Cath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum