The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The abduction of Elizabeth Smart in 2002

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The abduction of Elizabeth Smart in 2002

Post by Guest on 07.05.12 18:23

I don't think that this case has already been used by the McCanns to show that abducted children sometimes come home but, in view of this article, maybe they will now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140793/Kidnap-victim-Elizabeth-Smart-says-believes-missing-British-girl-Madeleine-McCann-alive.html#ixzz1uCcqZYFn

P.S. I'm now learning from comments on the Missing Madeleine site that the McCanns may have met the Smart family.

Back to top Go down

Re: The abduction of Elizabeth Smart in 2002

Post by Guest on 07.05.12 20:40

This little extract from the Daily Mail............

The couple have also drawn inspiration from meeting another girl, Elizabeth Smart, who was snatched from her home in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the age of 14 and found after a year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386093/Kate-McCann-Kidnapper-drugged-twins-night-Madeleine-taken.html#ixzz1uDMcaz1g

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.05.12 21:53

candyfloss wrote:This little extract from the Daily Mail............

The couple have also drawn inspiration from meeting another girl, Elizabeth Smart, who was snatched from her home in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the age of 14 and found after a year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386093/Kate-McCann-Kidnapper-drugged-twins-night-Madeleine-taken.html#ixzz1uDMcaz1g

I don't know the case, but from what I've just read I think this was a case of a mad Mormon who with the help of wife nr 1, took a wife nr 2? I don't know how young wives can be in Utah, but I do know that child-wives were very common in the West of US - this was hardly the kidnap of a child.

It just shows how very difficult it is for the McCanns to come up with a good example of their fairy story. This isn't even close.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 07.05.12 23:27

Saw part of a film about the Smart case last week.

Elizabeth was missing for 9 months and was found it seems more because the family were looking than the police who wasted time on a local no good who went and died in custody and then they still thought it was him. Elizabeth's uncle was proactive and got useful information from her younger sister - discovered they had met a man who might be the culprit and told the police who then took action.

This family did what you would expect - co-operated with the police but actually searched (in the widest sense of the term) themselves. Elizabeth was raped, hardly fed and told her family and/or herself would be killed if she did not co-operate. Though this happened some years ago, the trial was relatively recent as both defendants were initially deemed unfit to plead (ie mad). She seems to have made a remarkable recovery and got married earlier this year. but it would be a shame if the mcCanns used her case, which is quite different, to suggest Madeleine is alive.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum