The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Mm11

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Mm11

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Regist10

Only 3 more years to go re SY review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Empty Only 3 more years to go re SY review

Post by Guest 07.05.12 13:42

This from the article in Daily Mail today..................

They claim it could take a further three years to sift through the material, but Met commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe has stressed there is no limit on the amount of time and manpower he is prepared to lavish on the case.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140672/Madeleine-McCann-latest-news-Parents-Kate-Gerry-vow-missing-daughter.html#ixzz1uBelLQ1P

Why have they got the old picture on their t-shirts, how is that going to help find Madeleine 5 years on!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Empty Re: Only 3 more years to go re SY review

Post by Guest 07.05.12 14:11

They are taking comments, here are just 2 of them showing opposing views...........

Isn't it high time that this story about a couple seeking self justification was dropped for good?
- Cousin Jack, Kernow, 07/5/2012 11:55

Kate and Jerry McCann are the kind of British that make this a great country.
- Giovanni , London, 07/5/2012 11:49

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140672/Madeleine-McCann-latest-news-Parents-Kate-Gerry-vow-missing-daughter.html#ixzz1uBmXJzT5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Only 3 more years to go re SY review Empty Re: Only 3 more years to go re SY review

Post by Pershing36 07.05.12 14:19

Blimey they have published a picture of them smiling!!
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.05.12 16:10

So far 14 pro but Giovanni got 184 red arrows and nearly all pros are heavily red arrowed.
13 pro Maddie and mention Ben Needham. Also twice why no up to date picture. I like it!

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 07.05.12 16:23

Checking just now, that comment is the worst rated with 187 red arrows. There aren't many pro comments that I can see. How long will it be before the comments get whoosed?

I get the impression that the McCanns have overdone it this time and that people are fed up with them. Still, as one commentator mentions, at least it's giving attention to Ben Needham.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 07.05.12 17:10

Miraflores wrote:

Checking just now, that comment is the worst rated with 187 red arrows. There aren't many pro comments that I can see. How long will it be before the comments get whoosed?

I get the impression that the McCanns have overdone it this time and that people are fed up with them. Still, as one commentator mentions, at least it's giving attention to Ben Needham.

I assumed that Giovanni was being sarcastic...!
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.05.12 17:35

pauline wrote:
Miraflores wrote:

I assumed that Giovanni was being sarcastic...!

That would be too intellectual for DM readers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 07.05.12 17:47

This comment from Eric, Liverpool

"A pity they wernt so loayly attchead to that poor little girl a few years ago when all they thought off was drinking with their cronnies I hope this gilr ios safe and comes back to them but I feel like totaly anger when I see their faces in the media they let that child down"

Has received 193 likes. Now that is a LOT of people who are at least sick of the McCanns.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 07.05.12 18:13

Gillyspot wrote:This comment from Eric, Liverpool

"A pity they wernt so loayly attchead to that poor little girl a few years ago when all they thought off was drinking with their cronnies I hope this gilr ios safe and comes back to them but I feel like totaly anger when I see their faces in the media they let that child down"

Has received 193 likes. Now that is a LOT of people who are at least sick of the McCanns.

Agree 193 likes for 1 comment from 1 person , could we perhaps say = 193 people with the same view , the number grow daily methinks Only 3 more years to go re SY review 110921
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 07.05.12 18:25

194 of course - including the person who made the comment big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 07.05.12 20:41

candyfloss wrote:This from the article in Daily Mail today..................

They claim it could take a further three years to sift through the material, but Met commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe has stressed there is no limit on the amount of time and manpower he is prepared to lavish on the case.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140672/Madeleine-McCann-latest-news-Parents-Kate-Gerry-vow-missing-daughter.html#ixzz1uBelLQ1P

Why have they got the old picture on their t-shirts, how is that going to help find Madeleine 5 years on!

Well someone can count. If it took a year to get through a quarter of the material, then that adds up!
big grin

Unprecedented.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.05.12 22:44

If 4-year is needed to do a review, it is indeed unprecedented in the history of a missing child.
And for that matter history of review of any sort. Can anyone think of a review that takes as long as that?

I think someone is taking the piss. I will be really surprised if this review is not concluded before this year is out.

I still cant work out why AR commented on it the way he did thus far. The timing is so suspect considering impending libel trial.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 07.05.12 23:05

Aiyoyo - have to agree with you. How can they afford to have so many experienced staff engaged on this for even one year. Is there no crime in the UK?

pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Blimunda 07.05.12 23:24

Well, this has been a joke for so long...So sad.
Three years more??!! With more than 30 people doing the review?... Or pretending to do a review? For sure it's unprecedented, like everything about this case. This case just needs to be resolved one way or the other.
Why all this circus?
And "...Hogan-House has stressed there is no limit on the amount of time...." bored
Waiting to see what will come out of the trials? winkwink

Blimunda

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 07.05.12 23:34

In 3 years Maddie will become worldwide merchandise ..This is the long term plan and they have given themselves this with all the amendments to the fund
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 08.05.12 6:35

So, they are planning it to take another three years eh? Doesn't fill one with confidence regarding Redwood does it now? He said he thought she could be alive somewhere, and presumably this thought was based on something. Amongst the 195 leads perchance? If you are prepared to make a statement to the world, Mr Redwood, implying you actually know something, it would be a good idea to get a shifty on, track down the swarthy foreigners who marched Madeleine off to the hellish lair in which she dwells 5 years on, rescue her and save the tax payers of this country a few million. We are in austere times Mr R, we're all in it together you know (not the hellish cave on a lawless hill, obviously, it would be a bit cramped), so best get on with what you're doing quickly and quietly old chap.

I don't think the British public could cope with another three years of fun runs and wider agendas or silly stories about Madeleine being spotted by attention seekers whilst on her world tour.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.05.12 7:00

Smokeandmirrors wrote:So, they are planning it to take another three years eh? Doesn't fill one with confidence regarding Redwood does it now? He said he thought she could be alive somewhere, and presumably this thought was based on something. Amongst the 195 leads perchance? If you are prepared to make a statement to the world, Mr Redwood, implying you actually know something, it would be a good idea to get a shifty on, track down the swarthy foreigners who marched Madeleine off to the hellish lair in which she dwells 5 years on, rescue her and save the tax payers of this country a few million. We are in austere times Mr R, we're all in it together you know (not the hellish cave on a lawless hill, obviously, it would be a bit cramped), so best get on with what you're doing quickly and quietly old chap.

I don't think the British public could cope with another three years of fun runs and wider agendas or silly stories about Madeleine being spotted by attention seekers whilst on her world tour.

It's an industry now! The only growth factor in the UK - will it get Britain back into the black?

Smokeandmirrors, I so hope you're right and from the ever increasing negative comments in DM and such, I think the blanket coverage we've had the last few weeks is beginning to bore the public stiff.
We've got troubles of our own and the McCanns aren't just getting older, they're getting uglier as well - not a good thing if you want to stay a celebrity.
The public goes by appearances, had Matthews been a stunning little thing instead of what she is - she might still be in the news.
That's why the new picture of Maddie is not paraded - we get the icon, every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 08.05.12 8:00

Eric in Liverpool's comment

Now has 244 likes (245 counting him). I imagine all comments will be whooshed soon when office staff arrive at the Daily Fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.05.12 8:12

For the archive, and before they are whooshed.
Comments (27)
Well done Kate and Gerry. Your strength and determination is inspirational. God bless you.
- mary, Notts, 7/5/2012 14:49
Click to rate Rating 131Report abuse
Well, they gave up on her the night they left their kids on their own. A bit too late ain't it! - Maggie, London, 07/5/2012 12:12..........I am sick to death of hearing this...these parents KNOW they made a mistake and have acknowledged it. That doesn't mean someone had the right to steal their child and it doesn't mean they don't have the right to know what happened to her. Do you understand?
- Reubenene, Somewhere In The World, 7/5/2012 14:28
Click to rate Rating 100Report abuse
heartfelt .good luck
- marjorie simpson, london, 7/5/2012 14:25
Click to rate Rating 109Report abuse
What a totally wonderful brave couple they are. They're an absolute model for every parent in the country.
- MaryM, Manchester, 7/5/2012 14:23
Click to rate Rating 252Report abuse
"The Met has launched a £2million review of all the existing evidence and leads in the search for Maddie".----Has the same been done for Ben Needham to name but one of the many missing chidren ? - Pip Waller, North Yorkshire, 7/5/2012 11:39..................Erm were Ben Needhams parents middle class doctors with friends in high places? I think this answers your question.
- Ted, Teddington, 7/5/2012 14:16
Click to rate Rating 300Report abuse
Well, they gave up on her the night they left their kids on their own. A bit too late ain't it! - Maggie, London, - Yes they made a mistake don't you think they think about that enough? Instead of negative, insensitive 'troll' like comments we should be supporting them and their fight to find out what happened to Madeline. I wish the McCanns all the luck to find her.
- Lauren, Aberdeen, 7/5/2012 14:05
Click to rate Rating 141Report abuse
One good thing about all the publicity the Mccanns get is that Ben Needham's name nearly always gets mentioned in the comments now.
- anne, skipton uk, 7/5/2012 13:57
Click to rate Rating 312Report abuse
Of course going on a 10k is going to help find your 'missing' daughter. This pair really know no bounds.
- Mark, Ireland, 7/5/2012 13:54
Click to rate Rating 230Report abuse
I hope this time they left their children with a babysitter.
- TDXI, Liverpool, 7/5/2012 13:53
Click to rate Rating 272Report abuse
A pity they wernt so loayly attchead to that poor little girl a few years ago when all they thought off was drinking with their cronnies I hope this gilr ios safe and comes back to them but I feel like totaly anger when I see their faces in the media they let that child down
- eric, liverpool, 7/5/2012 13:48
Click to rate Rating 244Report abuse
Kate and Jerry McCann are the kind of British that make this a great country. - Giovanni , London, 07/5/2012 11:49 Yes Giovanni, they left three little children alone in a hotel room in a foreign country while they went out with friends for a meal and a drink. Very good role models NOT. Red arrow if you want and I hope they do find Madeleine and reunite her with her parents and siblings but the McCanns shouldn't be treated as heroes because they aren't
- NJM, Edinburgh, 7/5/2012 13:43
Click to rate Rating 240Report abuse
My hart goes with you, I hope you find your child soon.
- Graham, Thailand, 7/5/2012 13:38
Click to rate Rating 95Report abuse
Is Clarence Mitchell still working for them, and this is why the PR is so dire? Mind you, he can only work with what he's got...
- JS, Dorset, 7/5/2012 13:33
Click to rate Rating 60Report abuse
Yes, yes, before everyone starts with their negative comments, we all know (the McCanns more than most)that they made a terrible mistake but I for one sincerely hope that one day (hopefully sooner rather than later) they get good news. I wish them all the strength in the world and I admire them for trying so very hard AND for helping to highlight that so many children go missing. We need to all be vigilant and if something doesn't seem right, then maybe it isn't. Good luck Kate and Gerry and, of course, dear sweet Madeleine. xxxx
- Kathy, York, UK, 7/5/2012 13:24
Click to rate Rating 95Report abuse
i really hope they find her.
- rachel, ireland, 7/5/2012 13:21
Click to rate Rating 28Report abuse
God bless them
- xxx, xxx, 7/5/2012 13:13
Click to rate Rating 87Report abuse
Wouldn't it have been better to have the age progression pic on her running top? I think it does no good to keep reminding people who 4 year old Madeleine, people need to stop looking for this Madeleine and start looking for the 7-8 year old child that she would be now.
- Emma, Scotland, 7/5/2012 13:13
Click to rate Rating 63Report abuse
Well, they gave up on her the night they left their kids on their own. A bit too late ain't it!
- Maggie, London, 7/5/2012 13:12
Click to rate Rating 189Report abuse
Poor Kate McCann. She looks ill & frail. What a terrible burden.
- kate, London, UK, 7/5/2012 13:01
Click to rate Rating 164Report abuse
Isn't it high time that this story about a couple seeking self justification was dropped for good?
- Cousin Jack, Kernow, 7/5/2012 12:55
Click to rate Rating 211Report abuse
- Giovanni , London, 7/5/2012 12:49
Click to rate Rating 262Report abuse
I really don't know how they carry on not knowing where Maddie is.... I would have stopped breathing.
- michelle, London, 7/5/2012 12:46
Click to rate Rating 102Report abuse
"The Met has launched a £2million review of all the existing evidence and leads in the search for Maddie".----Has the same been done for Ben Needham to name but one of the many missing chidren ?
- Pip Waller, North Yorkshire, 7/5/2012 12:39
Click to rate Rating 282Report abuse
i find it strange as to why Mrs McCann is using a picture of Madeleine of when she was just three years old? Surely she should be using the updated one showing how Madeliene is likely to look now. It would give Madeleine a much better chance of being found as this marathon is seen and supported by many people.
- Eve Broughton, Essex, 7/5/2012 12:30
Click to rate Rating 31Report abuse
I wish they would find their lovely daughter along with all the other parents' missing their children too. People should not take what's not theirs! Simple.
- Mel, updownmixblogs, 7/5/2012 12:19
Click to rate Rating 118Report abuse
Kate vowed yesterday 'we'll never give up'............I have a vision of two elderly residents sitting in their care home, named Gerry and Kate, still saying the same mantra, although with frail voices, shaky liver spotted hands, and failing eyesight....So sad.
- Fred (Jane really), Berkshire, 7/5/2012 12:09
Click to rate Rating 121Report abuse
Met commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe has stressed there is no limit on the amount of time and manpower he is prepared to lavish on the case. Hope this applies to all missing children. I pray Maddie is found safe as I do for all those children missing.
- kitt, london, 7/5/2012 12:06
Click to rate Rating 112

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140672/Madeleine-McCann-latest-news-Parents-Kate-Gerry-vow-missing-daughter.html#ixzz1uGAJIqWe
Sadly the red arrows don't show after copying and pasting. But all are anti. Red for those which support, green for those which criticise.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top