The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by jd on 06.05.12 0:31

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318407/Kate-McCann-s-attack-on-lies-over-drugs-found-in-Maddie-flat

KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Sunday May 6,2012
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohia

KATE McCANN has responded angrily to attacks against her and her husband by Spanish ­television producers over drugs found after the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.
In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.

She said she and Gerry were confronted by a “propaganda” film just before giving an ­interview during a Spanish ­television programme.
They sat in stunned silence as “damning images” gathered from the media and Portuguese files were displayed on a big screen. The shots included ­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies, books, documents and medicines taken from the villa they had rented in Praia da Luz after the disappearance of their daughter from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club. Kate writes: “The commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact, as evidence of guilt.

“One of the books was a novel Gerry had taken to Portugal as holiday reading, The Interpretation Of Murder, a best-selling historical crime thriller inspired by a visit made to New York by Sigmund Freud in 1909, presumably ­singled out for no other reason than its sinister title.

“The tablets shown were actually my father’s Parkinson’s disease medication, as was confirmed by the patient’s name on the packets, conveniently out of shot, and not, as the voiceover suggested, sedatives that we had administered to our children.

“The Portuguese police knew this, and so would the producers of the programme, had they properly read the book they were supposed to be interviewing us about.
“I’ve run out of superlatives to adequately express my shock and disgust at this abhorrent behaviour.” Although she does not say so in her new chapter, Kate’s ­parents, Brian and Susan Healy, flew to join them to offer support in Portugal after Madeleine ­disappeared on May 3, 2007.

The epilogue is largely a tirade against the media but Kate does say of Scotland Yard’s investigative review of the case: “Almost immediately Gerry and I felt ­confident, reassured and hopeful. We know the review will be a long haul and results won’t appear overnight.

“We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

“From the moment I heard the news of this major step forward for Madeleine, a positive feeling had begun to spread inside me and it has remained with me ever since.”
The paperback will be ­published on May 10 by Corgi Books priced £7.99.

Meanwhile, Kate and Gerry say they are more hopeful than ever that Madeleine will be “back home soon” after revealing: “New leads are ­coming to light”.
The couple told ­well-wishers in their village of Rothley, Leicestershire, they now had “the best chance” of finding Madeleine.

Gerry addressed crowds who had gathered to support the ­family and pray for Madeleine on the fifth anniversary of her dis­appearance. He said: “We are very positive.
There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information. New leads are coming to light. The Metropolitan Police are determined to get to the bottom of this.”

Have you say for this story is - unavailable

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by T4two on 06.05.12 0:53

Gerry McCann said, yes he did - he actually said,
There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information
.

We know Gerry, we know - that's what's been going on for the last 5 years, but thanks for confirming it.

Not surprisingly
Have you say for this story is - unavailable

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by tigger on 06.05.12 7:06

Wasn't the other book a manual on forensics? Which is only used in the profession and as I recall, Gerry obtained during one of his visits to the UK?

And we know all about the Parkinson medication, nobody would interpret those boxes as containing e.g. cocaine.

Usual tactics: to exonerate themselves, choose a few minor points you can disprove. Big sympathy - poor Kate.
But overlooks the fact that reading a book with a title such as 'The interpretation of murder' when there is a real possibility that your beloved daughter has been killed by a paedophile - isn't normal.

Love the Gerry quote!

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by russiandoll on 06.05.12 10:22

Kate McCann could have produced a pamphlet to make her recent points re- sedation and they could have been made in her book last year anyhow. I read about her father's meds a long time ago.
Who she thinks out of readers of the original will be willing to shell out that money for what she has produced is beyond me, but then her narcissism seems to be boundless. Her[?] famous tennis photo of Maddie became known all over the world...
where does Madeleine fit into this epilogue I wonder, would be interesting to count the number of times her name appears.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 11:35

What on earth does this mean?

We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

So what is the goal? Surely the goal is to find Madeleine, and so how can you add "and possibly even all the way there?"




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 11:37

Why has she added all this about the drugs in the epilogue? Why not in the original book? All very interesting. thinking

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Nina on 06.05.12 11:45

candyfloss wrote:Why has she added all this about the drugs in the epilogue? Why not in the original book? All very interesting. thinking


Maybe because the drugs issue, recreational or medical is being investigated. Certainly since her first book I have not seen anything media wise re drugs, so she's not relating to that, maybe SY are asking questions, or Kate is answering before they do.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The interpretaion of murder

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 11:48

@jd wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318407/Kate-McCann-s-attack-on-lies-over-drugs-found-in-Maddie-flat

KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Sunday May 6,2012
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohia

KATE McCANN has responded angrily to attacks against her and her husband by Spanish ­television producers over drugs found after the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.
In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.

She said she and Gerry were confronted by a “propaganda” film just before giving an ­interview during a Spanish ­television programme.
They sat in stunned silence as “damning images” gathered from the media and Portuguese files were displayed on a big screen. The shots included ­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies, books, documents and medicines taken from the villa they had rented in Praia da Luz after the disappearance of their daughter from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club. Kate writes: “The commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact, as evidence of guilt.

“One of the books was a novel Gerry had taken to Portugal as holiday reading, The Interpretation Of Murder, a best-selling historical crime thriller inspired by a visit made to New York by Sigmund Freud in 1909, presumably ­singled out for no other reason than its sinister title.

“The tablets shown were actually my father’s Parkinson’s disease medication, as was confirmed by the patient’s name on the packets, conveniently out of shot, and not, as the voiceover suggested, sedatives that we had administered to our children.

“The Portuguese police knew this, and so would the producers of the programme, had they properly read the book they were supposed to be interviewing us about.
“I’ve run out of superlatives to adequately express my shock and disgust at this abhorrent behaviour.” Although she does not say so in her new chapter, Kate’s ­parents, Brian and Susan Healy, flew to join them to offer support in Portugal after Madeleine ­disappeared on May 3, 2007.

The epilogue is largely a tirade against the media but Kate does say of Scotland Yard’s investigative review of the case: “Almost immediately Gerry and I felt ­confident, reassured and hopeful. We know the review will be a long haul and results won’t appear overnight.

“We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

“From the moment I heard the news of this major step forward for Madeleine, a positive feeling had begun to spread inside me and it has remained with me ever since.”
The paperback will be ­published on May 10 by Corgi Books priced £7.99.

Meanwhile, Kate and Gerry say they are more hopeful than ever that Madeleine will be “back home soon” after revealing: “New leads are ­coming to light”.
The couple told ­well-wishers in their village of Rothley, Leicestershire, they now had “the best chance” of finding Madeleine.

Gerry addressed crowds who had gathered to support the ­family and pray for Madeleine on the fifth anniversary of her dis­appearance. He said: “We are very positive.
There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information. New leads are coming to light. The Metropolitan Police are determined to get to the bottom of this.”

Have you say for this story is - unavailable

Some book! See reviews as e.g:

As a mother of two small


Submitted by a reader from Rome, in an e-mail to the author on Tue, 15/05/2007 - 11:29am.

As a mother of two small boys, I spent three
VERY valuable hours during the lunch break (letting my son sleep until
five instead of three), so I could finish the book. Something I have not
done in five years. Please write more! I have missed such reading
sessions!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by sami on 06.05.12 11:54

I never thought I would say this, but I think I am starting to look forward to the release of the "epilogue".

It will be interesting to see what other topics Kate refers to. It is already starting to seem more like her way of justifying the facts rather than a book about Madeleine. Not that the first book was about Madeleine either, but the topics covered will be worth seeing.

Talking about that medication now is rather interesting. Much of the public will be aware of the accusation of the children being sedated with calpol or some such. The average person who would have no more than a media driven knowledge of the case would not have been aware of Parkinsons drugs and most certainly not awre of Gerrys reading choice.

The tide has turned recently, there would appear to be many more people questioning them. All this reference to those drugs and Gerrys book has done, imo, is encourage those who may not know a whole lot to look further.

A big gamble, there must be a reason for it. There always is with Healy and McCann.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by tigger on 06.05.12 12:10

candyfloss wrote:What on earth does this mean?

We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

So what is the goal? Surely the goal is to find Madeleine, and so how can you add "and possibly even all the way there?"

Beats me! I remember some forensic utterance by Gerry about the best possible outcome for us - and for Madeleine. I'd have to look it up. We have to be thankful they don't hear themselves talk.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 12:12

My view is something is happening quietly behind the scenes yes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Dogs Deleted

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 12:35

Kate's Epilogue:

They sat in stunned silence as “damning images” gathered from the media
and Portuguese files were displayed on a big screen.
The shots included
­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies,

How strange KM delves deep into the contents of some all-absorbing crime book GM was discovered to have with him, but tellingly omits to elaborate on, of even try to explain the barking of the dogs, especially trained to find dead bodies.

Whence the shock? At the mention of some book and/or some Parkinsons pills; or at having to face the fact that the dogs findings are there in plain view, for all to watch, on international TV?

Kate again:

“The commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact, as evidence of guilt".

The barking dogs picture is a fact. In fact: even the barking itself was a fact. What's more: the dog is a fact.
And, it is also a fact that this dog only barks when it discovers what it has been trained to detect: dead bodies.
So, it is a strange fact, that it should discover a dead body in the appartment 5a. Strange, maybe, but a fact: YES!

The picture of the dog discovering traces of a dead body in appartment 5a is indeed an exhibit.
It is not an 'exhibit' at all.

It was never used as evidence of guilt.
It is merely (!) evidence of a dead body.

The one(s) scrubbing the bloodied floor of appartment 5a after 'The Fact' must have been perfectly aware whose dead body that was, right?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Spaniel on 06.05.12 12:40

Up until she mentions that they were there to be interviewed for the bewk, I assumed it was the one where GM stormed off when asked about drugs. There was another where Spanish TV came to the UK to interview them, though they'd hardly have been showing all that displayed on "a big screen" in the Mc's own country. Where was Clarence I wonder?

In his absence why didn't the Mc's object? They're hardly shrinking violets.

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by jd on 06.05.12 13:22

candyfloss wrote:
We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

So what is the goal? Surely the goal is to find Madeleine, and so how can you add "and possibly even all the way there?"

The ultimate goal is to make Maddie A Worldwide Franchise imo

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Ashwarya on 06.05.12 15:17

The choice of topics covered in the Epilogue will be interesting indeed. The episodes referred to in this latest Express article have been well known to us for years, so why weren't they included in the original bewk? The only explanation that comes to mind is that they are anticipating questions that may be put to them in the fairly near future. Let's hope they haven't overlooked anything this time, otherwise the Epilogue may become an annual event, just like the anniversary press conferences.

Ashwarya

Posts : 141
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by friedtomatoes on 06.05.12 16:33

Portia, the dog barked only because it wanted to please it's master, so says Kate the cadaver dog expert.

We are also informed that the death scent is made up of two chemicals, as if, and the scent of those! lasts no more than a month according alledgdely to a policeman who retired in 1982 when cadaver dogs did not exist.
In any case she was relieved when Eddie alerted. lol!

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by tuom on 06.05.12 16:51

candyfloss wrote:What on earth does this mean?

We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

So what is the goal? Surely the goal is to find Madeleine, and so how can you add "and possibly even all the way there?"




"We know" or "We hope not " Kate ................ disgusted by that comment TBH !

tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by tuom on 06.05.12 16:52

candyfloss wrote:My view is something is happening quietly behind the scenes



You could be right there IMO

tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by friedtomatoes on 06.05.12 17:00

What is being said is the review will help getting them closer to their goal, and maybe to the end of it, ie finding Madeleine, which means the review may not suceed, make of that what you will

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bill

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 17:02

@jd wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

So what is the goal? Surely the goal is to find Madeleine, and so how can you add "and possibly even all the way there?"

The ultimate goal is to make Maddie A Worldwide Franchise imo

When will the good people of Great Britain start balking at the pricetag?

Does its Government intend to recoup the expenses from the negligent McCs, as any normal government would?

Is there anyone objecting to the covert/implicit/unlimited syphoning of public money to the McCs coffers, by allowing them to benefit from the public funds on the one hand while keeping the Fund intact on the other hand?

Just wondering.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 17:32

I can't understand why she is ranting and raving about this issue, it's not exactly news is it? I remember the subject being chewed over many a time in the past so why now? Is the the gutter press re-hashing old news for effect or is it a feeble attempt by Kate Mccann to sell the updated paperback version of the best seller hardback edition?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by friedtomatoes on 06.05.12 17:40

Gollum wrote:I can't understand why she is ranting and raving about this issue, it's not exactly news is it? I remember the subject being chewed over many a time in the past so why now? Is the the gutter press re-hashing old news for effect or is it a feeble attempt by Kate Mccann to sell the updated paperback version of the best seller hardback edition?

Both and more, barrel scraping and desperation come to mind. The public are sick to the back teeth with them, they really should swallow this fact.

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Spaniel on 06.05.12 18:07

Gollum wrote:I can't understand why she is ranting and raving about this issue, it's not exactly news is it? I remember the subject being chewed over many a time in the past so why now? Is the the gutter press re-hashing old news for effect or is it a feeble attempt by Kate Mccann to sell the updated paperback version of the best seller hardback edition?
This is twice in two weeks we've been reminded of the dogs alerting.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by friedtomatoes on 06.05.12 18:21

dogs are never wrong, what is bizarre is the mccanns goong out of their way to dismiss them, they failed every time, every gime

dog alerted to death in the parents room in a flat where a missing child was seen, its not rocket science

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT

Post by Guest on 06.05.12 20:38

@friedtomatoes wrote:
Gollum wrote:I can't understand why she is ranting and raving about this issue, it's not exactly news is it? I remember the subject being chewed over many a time in the past so why now? Is the the gutter press re-hashing old news for effect or is it a feeble attempt by Kate Mccann to sell the updated paperback version of the best seller hardback edition?

Both and more, barrel scraping and desperation come to mind. The public are sick to the back teeth with them, they really should swallow this fact.



Barrel scraping and desperation beyond a doubt. I was scrolling through the Sunday tabloids today and happen to say to somebody in the vicinity that the Mccann's are at it again, the immediate response by that somebody was "not them again, what are they up to now"?



I am curious to know how this paperback edition can be an update. Update of what I ask myself; there has been no progress or new developments in the case so what exactly is she updating? Perhaps she has remembered some answers to those awkward questions that the PJ pestered her with, after all the original hardback edition was nothing but an explanation for all those awkward questions the public have been asking for the four years prior to publication.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum