The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Post by pauline on 10.05.12 14:41

Ribisi, I think the last objective (gimme the money) was removed late last year when they filed revised documents. Think this was mentioned in that forensic analysis of the Fund on the mccannfiles.com

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.05.12 17:01

Was it replaced by this Pauline?

Limitation on private benefits
2D.1 The income and property of the Foundation shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its objects
2D.2 Except as provided below no part of the income and property of the Foundation may be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of benefit to the members of the Foundation. This shall not prevent any payment in good faith by the Foundation of:
2D.2.1 any payments made to any member, Director or Connected Person in their capacity as a beneficiary,
2D.2.2 reasonable and proper remuneration to any person for any goods or services supplied to the Foundation (including services performed under a contract of employment with the Foundation),
2D.2.3 interest on money lent by any member, Director or Connected Person at a reasonable and proper rate,
2D.2.4 any reasonable and proper rent for premises let by any member, Director or Connected Person,
2D.2.5 fees, remuneration or other benefits in money or money's worth to a company of which a member, Director or Connected Person holds less than 1% of the capital,
2D.2.6 reasonable and proper out-of-pocket expenses of Directors;
2D.2.7 reasonable and proper premiums in respect of indemnity insurance effected in accordance with Article 2C.29;
2D.3 The restrictions on benefits and remuneration conferred on members of the Foundation and on the Directors by Article 2D.2 and the exceptions to such restrictions in Articles 2D.2.1 to 2D.2.7 inclusive shall apply equally to benefits and remuneration conferred on members of the Foundation and on the Directors by any Subsidiary Company, and for this purpose references to the Foundation in Article 2D.2.2 shall be treated as references to the Subsidiary Company.

Enid O'Dowd is of the opinion that in the last financial year, some 20.000 pounds was for administrative cost, not to a person, but possibly for the use of a room in e.g. the McCann's House in Rothley.
The above articles seem to have replaced the benefits to family, but imo there is plenty of room for manoeuvre.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee on 10.05.12 17:33

The ethical kidz website has now been updated to say that it is a registered company number not a registered charity number.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 10.05.12 17:37

Just downloaded the file called STATEMENT OF COMPANY'S OBJECTS dated 21/12/2011 from Companies House. It was obviously for altering company's objects but I couldn't see what changes were actually made. tigger, where was that published?

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.05.12 17:41

@uppatoffee wrote:The ethical kidz website has now been updated to say that it is a registered company number not a registered charity number.
:

Oo arrr! they don't half have a lot of people to monitor us!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 10.05.12 23:50

Tigger - below what I was referring to -

Quote from Enid O'Dowd's report on the Fund:

'Interestingly a revised Memorandum and Articles of Association was filed in Companies House in December 2011. This deleted the object to provide support including financial assistance to Madeleine’s family. This particular object had attracted unfavourable comment in particular from internet bloggers. The motive for deleting this objective more than four years later is unclear. If the Board felt this minority criticism of the object was adversely affecting fundraising, it would presumably have changed it earlier.

Another mystery - why spend money on lawyers to change this? as the McCann family control the Fund, they can in reality do what they want regardless of what the legal documents say IMHO.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.05.12 11:14

Friday, 11 May 2012

The Madeleine McCann Company...

In light of a vast £2m being spent (so far) on the Scotland Yard review and goodness knows how much in Portugal, don't you find it absolutely appalling and in very bad taste that the McCanns are once again publicly attempting to boost the balance of the Madeleine Fund?

Now why do they need more money? Gerry McCann still consults both for the NHS and in private healthcare. A hefty sum was apparently made from Kate McCann's book 'Madeleine' which will no doubt be boosted by the recently released paperback version. It has also been reported that Edgar has whoosh clunked and no longer works for the McCanns. With ongoing reviews in both the UK and Portugal, it surely must be a relief for the McCanns to no longer have to claim that 'no law enforcement agency is looking for Madeleine'?

So why do they need more money? It's a smack in the face to every taxpayer and every officer working on the review teams.

In order to make money, companies normally offer a service or sell items to keep that company running. For many it's their liveliehood, they work hard to put food on their tables and a roof over their heads. The McCanns business offers nothing. This pair are content to simply sit on their backsides, and reap in the cash by offering nothing but a Paypal button or bank account number to the unsuspecting public. To run their company, they expect money to simply be given to them as if it's their right.

Now that they intend to slink back into the limelight with the proverbial begging bowl, it really is time for it to be publicly made clear that this 'fund' is not a charity or a search fund for a missing child - it is the McCanns own company, their own business! Like any other business, it needs to make money. However, it is a business that is being used for other means including costs in their many legal battles. Thanks to the McCanns, legal eagles such as Carter Ruck, Isabel Duarte, Rogerio Alves and many more have become a household name. All these lawyers employed in the UK and Portugal, yet the McCanns only employ one private investigator, Dave Edgar.

Their pathetic priorities are very clear, as is the real need to 'fundraise'.

When visiting Praia de Luz, they lurk in the shadows. They don't appeal or speak to the Portuguese public - people who helped them so much in the early days and who lost time and money out of the goodness of their own hearts. In the last five years, I've seen the McCanns show more passion for litigation than appeals to their missing daughter or her so called 'abductor'

It's about time this loathesome charade came to an end. Five years on... how many more?

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 11.05.12 11:20

It's a very good point. This is not a charity and now that SY have not only spent a year and £1million and have more or less stated they have an unlimited budget to continue reviewing the case what exactly do the McCanns need the fund for?

SY are covering ALL their bases for free! They've paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to private detectives who have produced nothing but spurious sightings and confessions and SY have shown themselves perfectly able to do just that! And what's more they seem fully committed to continuing for years!

By any definition the fund is now superfluous to requirements.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.05.12 12:31

from McCannfiles.com

26/1/2008:

McCanns in talks for £1million chat show deal

The parents of Madeleine McCann are in talks to strike a £1million deal with two of America's biggest chat show stars. Kate and Gerry McCann are at the centre of a bidding war between Oprah Winfrey and Barbara Walters.

Both celebrities are desperate to land an exclusive deal for the couple to talk about their missing daughter. If it goes ahead, it will be the largest publicly-known amount ever paid for a broadcast interview.

The McCanns, both 39, say they have been forced to consider the bids because their £1.2million Find Madeleine appeal fund is expected to run dry by June. But the move, expected to earn them £1million, will horrify those who have already accused them of cashing in since their daughter, then three, vanished from their holiday apartment in Portugal last May.
The couple's representatives have already met with producers to discuss turning the eight-month investigation into the disappearance into a film and could earn up to another £1million from selling the film and book rights. Earlier this month, they faced widespread criticism over their decision to give an interview to glossy society magazine Vanity Fair.

unquote

no comment required!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee on 11.05.12 12:47

I must have missed that when looking at the fund accounts for 2008-2009. big grin

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 11.05.12 13:28

findmadeleine.com still has three objects as they were before the alteration in December 2011, including 'To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family'.
http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_the_campaign/index.html

Their index page goes straight to an appeal page with the age-progression photo and Operation Grange's contact details.

[img][/img]

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 11.05.12 13:40

Hilarious (in a black humour kind of way) that they have updated the website with the new picture, written about their feelings on the 5th anniversary but do not change the website to reflect the changes to the company objectives as filed in Companies House. Especially odd as the removal of the objective about financial support for the family could be promoted as being a positive change, to show their bona fides as it were....!

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.05.12 13:54

@pauline wrote:Hilarious (in a black humour kind of way) that they have updated the website with the new picture, written about their feelings on the 5th anniversary but do not change the website to reflect the changes to the company objectives as filed in Companies House. Especially odd as the removal of the objective about financial support for the family could be promoted as being a positive change, to show their bona fides as it were....!

If they're still paying over 30.000 a year to manage the website, they're not getting value for money!
But as you said earlier, the change doesn't mean much anyway, they more or less have a free hand as to how the money is to be spent.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 11.05.12 16:45

Maybe I didn't make this very clear but www.findmadeleine.com now goes directly to a newly created page with links to Operational Grange, showing how much the SY are implicated in the McCanns' agenda.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.05.12 16:51

@Ribisl wrote:Maybe I didn't make this very clear but www.findmadeleine.com now goes directly to a newly created page with links to Operational Grange, showing how much the SY are implicated in the McCanns' agenda.

OR they have been told to do this by SY ensuring all information goes to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 11.05.12 16:53

candyfloss wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:Maybe I didn't make this very clear but www.findmadeleine.com now goes directly to a newly created page with links to Operational Grange, showing how much the SY are implicated in the McCanns' agenda.

Yes, that could indeed be the case too.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom on 11.05.12 23:23

@Ribisl wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Yes, that could indeed be the case too.

Sorry to sound like a dummy here , but , could you explain the above to me please ? does this mean that SY are in control of the FM website or is it virsa versa , I am not gone from the forum , I am locked away reading the case files I surface once or twice a day on here to try and keep up

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.05.12 6:29

From: http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/madeleine-mccann-company.html

-- it really is time for it to be publicly made clear that this 'fund' is not a charity or a search fund for a missing child - it is the McCanns own company, their own business! Like any other business, it needs to make money. However, it is a business that is being used for other means including costs in their many legal battles. Thanks to the McCanns, legal eagles such as Carter Ruck, Isabel Duarte, Rogerio Alves and many more have become a household name. All these lawyers employed in the UK and Portugal, yet the McCanns only employ one private investigator, Dave Edgar.
Unquote

Why are the McCanns still employing a PR person - why indeed have they ever needed to employ such a person? It appears the only person employed by them at the present time. Dave Edgar having recently left.
From September 2007 Clarence Mitchell was working for the McCanns at a salary of 75.000 a year. Which seems very little if one takes his previous job in account, where he was in charge of 20 staff and must surely have earned more than the average plumber.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 12.05.12 23:19

candyfloss wrote:

Probably I would think. As for SY endorsing money raising by the Mccanns I dont think so. They haveno Pis working for them, I guess thry might have to pay for a spokesman or pay their OFM facebook webmaster, campaign coordinator etc, Kates wages, but none of that has ever had any iota of success, ergo a waste of money

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 15.05.12 2:05

From 'The Truth Of the Lie' - Chapter 19

"During a more relaxed moment at one of these meetings, I come out with an ill-judged comment. Inopportune or undiplomatic, but this is my reasoning: thinking about the kinds of crime that may have been committed if the McCanns were involved in their daughter's disappearance, something occurs to me. If they were involved in one way or another, then a crime of fraud or abuse of trust is a possibility concerning the fund that was set up to finance the search for Madeleine. Donations have reached nearly 3 million Euros.

If such a crime exists, Portugal would not have jurisdiction to investigate and try it. The fund being legally registered in England, it would be our English colleagues who would deal with the case. Our English colleagues then realise a hard reality: the strong possibility that they would have a crime to investigate in their own country, with the McCann couple as the main suspects: a prospect that does not seem to appeal to them. I notice a sudden pallor in the faces of those British people present."

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 15.05.12 19:56

I see the Iatest fund accounts have been lodged. Someone who has seen them has posted it made just under £.5 m losses, and turnover was c £177,000. Where is the million that was mentioned in Panorama as being donated by NI for serialisation rights of the book? Why is nothing ever clear or straightforward.
?

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 20:00

I think that I am right in saying that the accounts for the year ending 31st March 2012 do not have to be filed until 31st December 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 15.05.12 20:06

Yes Jean, thats right I think. The latest ones are filed to end March 2011 and there is mention of them being made up to 15 May 2011, by that time the book had been published, and the Sun serialisation too. But I'm no accountant, so will wait for any analysis in due course by people more qualified.

ETA, Ignore my post, these accounts have already been analysed back in February on mccannfiles.com, its not NEW.
soz

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 30.05.12 1:49

IT APPEARS THAT THE McCann’s CAN’T BE BOTHERED
BY ADMIN, ON DECEMBER 17TH, 2008
Originally posted on the McCann Supporter website, http://www.wheres-madeleine.info/

The person responsible for “wheres-madeleine.info” is clearly miffed at the lack of replies to his messages to the official Madeleine Fund. No wonder – the fund is a scam, fraud and the administrators have no intention of responding to legitimate requests for information. Even the “McCann Supporters” are being duped. Here follows the article:

IT APPEARS THAT THE McCann’s CAN’T BE BOTHERED

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this article.

This web site is paid for, designed and updated by me to aid awareness of little Maddie, I do this because I want to help in her search.

All this takes up a lot of time and of course I need to be factual in what I put on my site.

This of course can only be done by checking the information I have obtained, this then means I need verification about the information I intend to place on my site from the McCann’s themselves.

Well since my site went live on the internet it has been a constant battle to get the McCann’s web site to answer any of my mails. I have even sent a letter to there home address (No reply to this either). This lack of cooperation with me is not unique to my site; other sites that I am constantly in contact with say they do not have replies either.

Time and time again I have to send mails that go un-answered. Occasionally they do reply with the briefest as possible reply they can get away with, though this does not happen very often at all.

As my site supports them I would have thought that they would be eager to give me information that is not going to hinder there investigations ect, clearly I accept that there will be information that they could not give me but the information that I ask for is things like Photos of Maddie, or if they have any new information that might help.

Well here we go again, I found such an article on the internet and mailed them for conformation and yet again I have been greeted by utter silence, below are the dates I sent the mails of this most recent request…sent to there investigation@findmadeleine.com address…

14 December 2008, 05 December 2008, 02 December 2008

I even told them that I was thinking of closing my site down because of it, which made no difference, still nothing.

I wonder if their financial backer knows how they treat their supporters! if he does not perhaps if he was to find out he might not be so eager to help.

If it was my child and people were trying to help, I would go out of my way to help provide them with as much information as I could, but this does not seem to be the way they are looking at it.

A friend of mine keeps saying to me “I do not know why you even bother, they are not interested, he then states a few reasons why he says this, but I will not state what they are here”.

So I ask you for your views, do you think I should close the site down or not, or do I carry on regardless and possibly put inaccurate information on my site as a result of it.

Please take the time to visit my guestbook and let me know your views.

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2008/12/it-appears-that-the-mccann’s-can’t-be-bothered/

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 30.05.12 1:56

On September 20th, 2007, Clarence Mitchell was interviewed on Radio Live in New Zealand.

Hear the interview at this link: http://content.mediaworks.co.nz/radio/radiolive/Marcus/Sept/070920_LUSH_mccann.mp3

Near the end of the interview Clarence says this:

I’d stress as well that the money that people have donated from around the world is only being spent on that campaign and Kate and Gerry’s legal costs and media management in the shape of me that’s all coming from the financial benefactors who are contributing quite separately so that anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that.
.....This statement is quite clear. “No money will be spent on lawyer’s fees or anything like that.” After reviewing the money spent on lawyers in the Madeleine Fund accounts, it is quite obvious that Mitchell’s statement is a bare faced lie.

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure
Brian Kennedy also gave an interview at the Rothley War Memorial on May 17, 2007. This time he was eager to tell us how to donate money to the “Fund” via two banks – the Nat West and the Royal Bank of Scotland. He also told us what the money would be used for:

Mainly for legal expenditure

As this was the first raison d’etre for the Madeleine Fund, and confirmed nationally by one of its directors, we can conclude that the Madeleine Fund was set up to provide legal funds for the McCanns.

At no time at all did Brian Kennedy state that the money was to be used to finance the search for Madeleine.

Comment:
Yea, if they are so innocent why do they care ? only 13% of fund money was used to search for THEIR daughter. The rest they use to sue anyone who does not believe THEIR version of lies.

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum