The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Mm11

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Mm11

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Regist10

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Empty Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Post by tigger 04.05.12 9:31

We're getting so much in such a short time that it seems the quickest way of getting this across as a topic header.
I am sure that I read in one of the transcripts that Kate said something about 'other charities' and confusion about this point. Can anyone find it?

I would also like to post this link again:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
A review of the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts
by Enid O'Dowd FCA

---------------------------
A Chronological Record of Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited Company
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/12/chronological-record-of-madeleines-fund.html

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Empty Re: Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Post by monkey mind 04.05.12 13:36

Excellent analysis. I hadn't read that, thanks for putting the link up.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Empty Re: Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 13:53

Look on the Lorraine interview video, she mentioned how they try and help other causes. It is around 8.30 minutes in.

ETA: She did say helping other charities but I don't think she was inferring the fund was.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.05.12 14:17

friedtomatoes wrote:Look on the Lorraine interview video, she mentioned how they try and help other causes. It is around 8.30 minutes in.

ETA: She did say helping other charities but I don't think she was inferring the fund was.

That might be it. We've been deluged with guff - but if she said helping other charities it is inferred that the Fund is one too. Imo. I'll try and find the transcript.

Back to top Go down

Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  Empty 37,071 for running a website

Post by tigger 04.05.12 14:24

From the link above:

These are from the Fund accounts up to 31st March 2008:

Fund professional fees £36,070

What exactly does this cover since legal, audit and accountancy fees are separately charged?

Website £37,071

Was a website person employed all through the period? This cost seems very high?

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 04.05.12 14:43

Considering all the 'help' they are receiving from the highest order in the country, I think we can safely assume that they can fiddle the books to their hearts content. Nobody is going to challenge
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.05.12 15:17

From the Lorraine Kelly interview. At about 8 mins. Kate ..'so we have tried to support other charities...'

The Fund is not a charity Kate, really not! It is not transparent either - as was promised at the start. This would be of some comfort to the many pensioners and schoolchildren who sent cash, cheques and postal orders - money they would really miss.
Unlike the millions promised by rich entrepreneurs, a writer, etc. if Madeleine was found.

Now that even SY believes she may be alive why are those millions never mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 16:39

I think far more money has gone into the fund than people think. Someone correct me if this is wrong, but wasn't it in that Irish interview last year with Mark Cagney that they were asked how much money the fund had had, and Gerry said around £2.5 million? I could be wrong and he said there was that amount left, but if not, then it's impossible that three years further on after the first accounts given plus the two libel payments which came to almost £3.5 million, and not counting any monies received since 2008' that the total was around £2.5 million.......unless, he was quoting only public donations!

PS, the videos won't play on my ipad, so I can't check.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 04.05.12 16:42

tigger wrote:From the Lorraine Kelly interview. At about 8 mins. Kate ..'so we have tried to support other charities...'

The Fund is not a charity Kate, really not! It is not transparent either - as was promised at the start. This would be of some comfort to the many pensioners and schoolchildren who sent cash, cheques and postal orders - money they would really miss.
Unlike the millions promised by rich entrepreneurs, a writer, etc. if Madeleine was found.

Now that even SY believes she may be alive why are those millions never mentioned?

Is the reward still available? I searched for T&C to claiming it recently, but all I got was an old news report saying "if returned safe and well." After all these years I still find something new, though of little matter. First the website and the picture of little Madeleleine forth from the left I don't recall seeing before. http://www.madeleinemccann.co.uk/

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 04.05.12 17:04

friedtomatoes wrote:I think far more money has gone into the fund than people think. Someone correct me if this is wrong, but wasn't it in that Irish interview last year with Mark Cagney that they were asked how much money the fund had had, and Gerry said around £2.5 million? I could be wrong and he said there was that amount left, but if not, then it's impossible that three years further on after the first accounts given plus the two libel payments which came to almost £3.5 million, and not counting any monies received since 2008' that the total was around £2.5 million.......unless, he was quoting only public donations!

PS, the videos won't play on my ipad, so I can't check.
As with all Ltd companies, it's easy to cover tracks. Pay yourself the tax free allowance as an income and take large dividends on profits. KM will surely be paid for her research.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 18:09

True Spaniel, I was trying to say it seems more has gone into it than they are saying.
Gerry also said that the vast majority of the fund money has gone directly on search fees, which I find it hard to believe.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 04.05.12 18:21

friedtomatoes wrote:True Spaniel, I was trying to say it seems more has gone into it than they are saying.
Gerry also said that the vast majority of the fund money has gone directly on search fees, which I find it hard to believe.
13% on searching, I've seen. Not so uncle Brian, he said the "fund" was for legal expenses. He also said the public pressed cash onto him. Mitchell asked the public to put money into envelopes marked to the McCanns. Oooooh! What a field day for a dishonest postperson. Where is the cash marked in accounts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.05.12 19:30

The Charity Commission: snipped from the Enid O'Dowd analysis.

....and it is clear from the documentation that the Charity Commission officials were helpful, and that it was likely that charity status could have been obtained with only minor delay with a little compromise by the McCanns.

snipped

Charities must give an annual report and accounts to the Charity Commission and make these documents available to the public on request. There are also rules relating to fundraising. The trustees (directors) cannot normally receive salary, fees or contracts from the charity and nor can their spouses or other close family members. These requirements are not onerous or unreasonable. Having hired charity experts BWB on the advice of the paralegal, it is surprising that Kate did not let them have a day or two more to explore charity status. And it is surprising that the McCanns have not apparently revisited this issue.

In Chapter 9 in which Kate describes her activities of May 14 she does not mention any dealings with BWB who must have worked very hard that day. Nor does she mention dealing with the paralegal or anyone else at IFLG. There must have been urgent emails and phone calls that day from her advisors. She just states that charity status would not be forthcoming as it was deemed that the 'public benefit' test would not be met, and adds that it (the Fund) 'was set up with great care and due diligence by experts in their field.'

It would be more accurate to state it was set up with great haste and with no apparent reason for that haste.

Rather than going into detail about the busy day she must have had dealing with her lawyers, and why she made the decision to proceed with incorporation and abandon the negotiations for charity status, she talks of going for a run, her first since Madeleine went missing!

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 19:34

Spaniel, I have yet to see in their fund accounts where it says they paid Kevin Halligen .5 million pounds.
Tigger, if I were cynical I would say they didn't make the fund a charity because they knew they would have to be 100% transparent.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.05.12 19:38

friedtomatoes wrote:Spaniel, I have yet to see in their fund accounts where it says they paid Kevin Halligen .5 million pounds.
Tigger, if I were cynical I would say they didn't make the fund a charity because they knew they would have to be 100% transparent.

Mme O'Dowd has also been unable to find the advance for the book in the accounts.

Are you telling me you're not cynical? But sweet and gullible?
Making it a charity would actually have made more money - tax wise and so on. But paying the mortgage and supporting the family wouldn't come under the remit.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 19:49

tigger wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:Spaniel, I have yet to see in their fund accounts where it says they paid Kevin Halligen .5 million pounds.

Mme O'Dowd has also been unable to find the advance for the book in the accounts.

Making it a charity would actually have made more money - tax wise and so on. But paying the mortgage and supporting the family wouldn't come under the remit.

I can be both
big grin
Depends on what the subject is. Well, were told in Panorama last week or so that NI had given a million pound to the fund for serialisation of Kate's book in the Sun, when all along I was under the impression it was around £200,000. Perhaps it will turn up in the next lot! Someone should post that analysis on the Mets facebook page.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.05.12 19:54

friedtomatoes wrote:
tigger wrote:

I can be both
Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  110921
Depends on what the subject is. Well, were told in Panorama last week or so that NI had given a million pound to the fund for serialisation of Kate's book in the Sun, when all along I was under the impression it was around £200,000. Perhaps it will turn up in the next lot! Someone should post that analysis on the Mets facebook page.

Go on then I dare you.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 04.05.12 20:01

Gerry's brother gave up his job almost immediately to take over the running of the 'find Maddie no stone unturned' fund.

For 3 years he was on the board of the fund.

How did he live? How did he feed his family? How did he pay his mortgage or rent? How did he afford to run his car?

There's no mention of him being paid a penny in the accounts, there are administrative expenditures in the accounts but it is impossible to work out what they are for. In fact, the accounts submitted are so broad and unspecific that to try to apply the notion of "highest standards of transparency" to them would be beyond the capacity of not just a mere earthling, but any earthling.

I
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.05.12 20:12

I can't find a direct quote where the McCann's refer their limited company as a charity but a while ago I did find these.

"Money raised from the event through tickets sales and an auction of items donated by the fund's backers will be split between the Find Madeleine fund and two other charities."

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Celebrities-backing-event-mark-1-000th-day-Madeleine-disappeared/story-12095486-detail/story.html

"Kate McCann tonight said she was "trying to move forward" as a charity event was held to mark the 1,000th day since her daughter Madeleine went missing."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246595/Kate-Gerry-McCann-host-star-studded-fundraiser-mark-1-000th-day-daughter-Maddie-went-missing.html#ixzz1tviBoyTL

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 04.05.12 21:19

aquila wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:
tigger wrote:

I can be both
Please note: the Fund is not a Charity.  110921

Go on then I dare you.

I dont have a facebook account. I might get one though.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 05.05.12 10:05

tigger wrote:From the Lorraine Kelly interview. At about 8 mins. Kate ..'so we have tried to support other charities...'

Far as I know the Fund is not a charity, neither has it been used to support other charities, so what is Kate going on about?

I doubt she can list one charity that the Fund contributed to. Not talking about joint social events where the fund raised are spilt between mccanns and other charities.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 05.05.12 10:26

aiyoyo wrote:

Far as I know the Fund is not a charity, neither has it been used to support other charities, so what is Kate going on about?

I doubt she can list one charity that the Fund contributed to. Not talking about joint social events where the fund raised are spilt between mccanns and other charities.

Time and time again, I have been surprised by the inarticulacy of the McCanns and their friends, who are all professionals if I am not mistaken. In television interviews, they appear better briefed which allows them to be more fluent but less spontaneous. Kate's mind however seems to wander and she is therefore more prone to make this kind of slip. She certainly keeps our Forensic Linguistics section buzzing. laughat

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.05.12 11:28

Yes their inarticulacy is a sight to behold. For example, david payne with 1,700 'you knows' in just one statement alone...jane tanner "yeah I left the Tap, saw gerry and jez having a cha cha cha"!! In English this means she left the Tapas bar and saw gerry and jez chatting to each other (even though she is lying)
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 05.05.12 11:54

sarcastic jd, it's staggering and would be highly amusing if this weren't all about a missing girl.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top