The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Regist10

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by Guest 19.05.12 23:32

Thank you, found these pics. Is it the same man....

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP-cdxg0WxJwd5W3ek4pIGQDFHFkXQDRd3nu8vMEx7hjVBInzHFQ

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwVXG0VofOn6xgEnqVxN-EwYwRI4YNZ-vVTnj0gdW-BQVm8pTxA

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/ragdoll2_small.jpg

From last image it looks like the same one.Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Ragdoll2_small
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by Ribisl 19.05.12 23:36

Yes, the last picture is the one I used to compare with. I believe it is Jose Manual Pacheco, da Conceição Calado being his mother's name.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 01.06.12 1:15

Father Haynes Hubbard is a wonderful example of corporate business today.

Here is a man who arrived in Praia on 6th May? on a mission, and within days, if not moments his mission became a PR representaive of Gerry and Kate McCann and their entourage of babysitters. The cries of he is an Anglican, they are Catholic this is a problem.

Where is the problem here, I do not see a problem, what I see is a business opportunity that serves the interests of all involved.

Is it ethical, is it moral, is it the kind of institution that serves the interests of all the people regardless or whether they have a vote or not, of course it in not, what is certain is that the corrupt will continue to abuse their privelege simply because WE the public do not care enough about the world around us to speak out and demand accountability from those who we elect to serve our best interests.

P.S. I know that all of you on here are proactive and the kind of people that the next generation need to know are out there, the UK today has a serious problem as a result of New Labours ambitions for themselves, that has left a nation of disaffected youth. The current administration rather than address the issue and attempt to bring some stability, appears to think the way forward is to go backwards. i.e lets talk about civil partnerships, (vote catching) lets talk about Emperor Blair and his good unblemished record .............why don't we just tell Cameron to step down and Blair take his place, no one will notice the difference.

Can this little island of ours get any more pathetic.
mira2

Activity : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.06.12 1:28

Oh mira2 I so agree with what you just said, this is exactly it!!

One day when football clubs goes bust and mod cons are too expensive, then people will realise but by then it will be too late
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.06.12 5:54

jd wrote:Oh mira2 I so agree with what you just said, this is exactly it!!

One day when football clubs goes bust and mod cons are too expensive, then people will realise but by then it will be too late

Second that! Great post Mira!

Let's be optimistic, if the football clubs go bust the hooligans will just have to play the game themselves. That'll keep them busy.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 01.06.12 6:59

mira2 wrote:Father Haynes Hubbard is a wonderful example of corporate business today.
It's a bit of a sweeping statement. Business by definition must make profit and the majority of them will try to do so within ethical bounds. Besides, there is no evidence to suggest that this couple benefited financially by their close association with the McCanns. As for the moral decline within our society I think the rot started earlier with Margaret Thatcher. I remember it well working in the City at the time. But that is another topic and for another day.

Before I run out of time, what I wanted to post was this.
The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

"It's something my mother would always do, being a part of the church community in Canada," Susan said.

More gifts of food followed, and notes, and soon a warm friendship between Susan Hubbard and Kate McCann began.

Susan wants it known that their friendship is not one-sided. She describes how throughout the McCanns' own desperate ordeal, Kate inquired about the Hubbards' children.

"That's how she is," Susan said. "In the middle of her grief, she still is such a caring, loving friend."

In fact, Susan says, it was the McCanns who helped the Hubbards settle in to their new parish. Susan has visited the McCanns since their return to England last September, and the two women keep in close touch through text messages and e-mail.

This is the mentality of the couple, the kind that often prevails within the servants of religious establishments. Furthermore, she gives me the impression of being starstruck by Kate. Her husband too appears to value their 'friendship' above reason, or is he simply so gullible to believe Gerry's every word? After all he must believe in everything his church tell him to believe to be a jolly priest in the first place.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 02.06.12 22:41

mira2 wrote:Father Haynes Hubbard is a wonderful example of corporate business today.
It's a bit of a sweeping statement. Business by definition must make profit and the majority of them will try to do so within ethical bounds. Besides, there is no evidence to suggest that this couple benefited financially by their close association with the McCanns. As for the moral decline within our society I think the rot started earlier with Margaret Thatcher. I remember it well working in the City at the time. But that is another topic and for another day.

Before I run out of time, what I wanted to post was this.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

"It's something my mother would always do, being a part of the church community in Canada," Susan said.

More gifts of food followed, and notes, and soon a warm friendship between Susan Hubbard and Kate McCann began.

Susan wants it known that their friendship is not one-sided. She describes how throughout the McCanns' own desperate ordeal, Kate inquired about the Hubbards' children.

"That's how she is," Susan said. "In the middle of her grief, she still is such a caring, loving friend."

In fact, Susan says, it was the McCanns who helped the Hubbards settle in to their new parish. Susan has visited the McCanns since their return to England last September, and the two women keep in close touch through text messages and e-mail.

This is the mentality of the couple, the kind that often prevails within the servants of religious establishments. Furthermore, she gives me the impression of being starstruck by Kate. Her husband too appears to value their 'friendship' above reason, or is he simply so gullible to believe Gerry's every word? After all he must believe in everything his church tell him to believe to be a jolly priest in the first place.

____

It has allways been my belief that this case would never be resolved and those involved never punished due to the UK Government of the days medling around that time in secretive contracts that the UK public were not party to, put that in the mix with Portugals leaders EU stance and the bigger picture that is now unfolding. I do not see conspiracy what I see is favors being called in as Kate's uncle stated early on, they turned up in the way of Murdoch.
Now ask yourself this: if your 3 year old disappeared under your watch, would you be joining a media frensy to sell papers, or would you be silently co-operating with the authorities in order to eliminate yourselves from the enquiry and allow the prefessionals to do their job.
I have no qualms about stating that Kate McCann gives me the creeps.

My personal feeling regarding the Hubbards from taking an interest in their arrival and almost miraculous advocates is that whatever order sent them there in the first place deemed that they could capitalise from the outfall.
There has been much hype regarding Kate being a devout Catholic, that hype was put out there by the McCanns own spokesman, even down to Kate being so blessed by the pontief that a butterfly took her fancy.
I can assure you that McCann Inc, PR attempt to turn themselves into some mega stars at the expense of Madeleine fell flat on its first hurdle.
The Vatican is an institution onto itself, it is the richest state on earth, it has emense power, so much so that scandals of child abuse going back decades have never made it to the courts. I come from a devout Catholiic home and became a lapsed Catholic due to the strict teaching. What I will say in favor of the Catholic Church is that it teaches right from wrong and that is something that all kids need to learn.
I hate to come across as cynical, but that is the world we are living in today and there is no point pretending that all is well, these are dangerous times WE need to speak out and get the message out.
P.S. When the Vatican got wind of the history of this couple i.e. IVF over and over again the knew they were being taken for a ride and pulled the plug.
Even though I am a lapsed Catholic I would never dream of going down the road of IVF it is against my core beliefs, if i cannot conceive naturally I adopt.
mira2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blimunda 09.06.12 23:39

http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=1168-25

Goodbye from Fr. Haynes
9/6/2012

It’s in the nature of this place for people to come and go. But it doesn’t make it any easier. Not a bit. And now it is our turn, and the goodbyes are being said and the hugs being given and the memories coming to mind and we wonder if we have made the right decision. But we have no choice, not really. It was made abundantly clear in our hearts that, like it or not, other doors were opening, and this door, the door to the sunny Algarve, was slowly closing.

But, just because it is right, doesn’t make it easy. You know that, and I am learning it, and perhaps that is the lesson I might take from five years of living here, in this lovely but quirky place we have come to call home. That living well is a choice. A deliberate, conscious and intentional choice.

I have been asked to speak at the local International School’s final Assembly. I am not at all sure why. I can preach in church, I can speak in public: but to speak to young men and women about to leave school for the adventures life will throw at them: I am very much unsure as to what to say. Unless it would be the same.

Choose to live life well.

That’s what these celebrations the past four days have been all about, as we have toasted Queen Elizabeth in every possible manner and style. For surely it is not simply because she has lived to see this year. That’s no great achievement in itself. No, what we have toasted, and praised, is the way she has done so. With dignity. With honour. With grace. With attention to what she was about. With gravitas, and gentleness. With humour, and yet a tremendous sense of the importance of her office. She is, in every good sense of the word, a Queen.

And she is, I would say to those young people, such by choice.

Which is strange in that that is in a sense not true. She is Queen by accident of her birth. Her uncle stepped aside for her father, who died and left her Queen, as they say. But that is not the end of the story. That is not what we have honoured this past weekend. For we have honoured someone who has chosen, with great deliberation and absolute determination, to live life well.

We need not look far to follow such an example as she has given us.

I have done a lot of funerals since I have been here in the Algarve. Too many, sadly. Yet there is a tremendous honour in doing these services, in getting to hear about the person we are saying goodbye to. Some people are remembered for their wit, their charm, their graces. Others are remembered for other things. It is when I look into the congregation, and see who is there to honour them, that I see what a difference they have made – or not. I see people, of every background and language, coming to say thank you, to God, for the life of this person who has changed their life, for the better. And that, almost always unspoken, is the best tribute I can think of.

That is what I pray I shall have at my funeral (not yet, though, I hope): not flowery words, but quiet statements of honour.

We leave the Algarve, and hope, that although it is not our funeral, nonetheless that we have left, in our tiny way, an opportunity for such quiet statements to be offered. Unsaid, but acknowledged. And we offer them to you, who have made our experience here, in this lovely place we have come to know as home, such a blessed adventure.

In thanksgiving for what the Algarve, and her people, have allowed us to become,

Fr. Haynes Hubbard and his family

June 2012

(Fr. Haynes’ last service as Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent’s church of England Chaplaincy is 17 June 12 noon at Praia da Luz. You would be most welcome indeed to join them as they say goodbye. contact Joyce, on 282 788 104)

Edition: 1168

Blimunda

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.04.13 12:19

Just reviving this topic as the interview from last year is being discussed again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 15.04.13 22:17

Just posted on the other thread re the Hubbards before realising this one was here. As I said there, IMO the Hubbards seem to have felt it their Christian duty to aid the McCs. In the process it probably did his profile in particular no harm but wouldn't say that was the only reason for embracing the publicity. But which of us would have heard the name Haynes Hubbard otherwise? That the support for the McCs went much further than mere pastoral care was somewhat divisive, not everyone was happy about it and some people were not sorry to see Fr H leave, although there were reasons other than his supporting the McCs. Contrary to what is said in the article, his Algarve stay was not open ended as he was there for a fixed term so it's doubtful he only left because other doors were opening for him. Completely agree with the person who said Mrs H seemed quite star struck; when KMcC made her first visit back to PDL, Mrs H looked as though all her Christmases had come at once.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 11:14

Quotes from the interview;

[size=12]It's hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The Hubbards have faithfully stood by the McCanns throughout their ordeal, and they continue to do so. They hold weekly vigils for Madeleine in Our Lady of Light. A photograph of the little girl's smiling face is on the wall by the altar. Beside it, the words "pray for me" are written.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services,

"It was pretty clear that He was using us, of the same age [as the McCanns] and with small children and Susan speaking Portuguese … and being able to relate to them in a tiny way, to lead them in prayer and just to walk with them," he said.

My highlights in red

This the first time I have read this artical.

Do the two faiths share the same church? why does he say the lines between Protestant and Catholic are blurred, I wouldn't say they were.

I wonder if the little girls photo is still there? is the age progression image now along side it?

Why would the McCanns attend his weekly services? Were there no Catholic services?

Why would he an Anglican Minister lead such devout Catholics in prayer and walk with them?

I simply can't understand why such so called devout Catholics would feel the need to turn to another faith.

[/size]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 16.04.13 11:33

From McCannfiles.com (I was looking for the bit where it says that soon after they left the church was cleared of the McCann memorabilia etc.) Host countries will make their churches available to similar creeds by arrangement. It's just the use of the building not a 'merging of faiths'. Absolute rubbish.
This article below is very interesting though: (hope it's not too much off topic)

Pilgrimage in Portuguese lands Joana Morais

By Antonieta Janeiro
12/12/2009
Thanks to Joana Morais for translation

They are mistaken those who thought that the famous Doctors McCann were travelling to Portugal to assist the first session of the claim filled against Dr. Gonçalo Amaral regarding the temporary injunction, because of 'insults' made against them in the book 'Maddie, The Truth of the Lie'.

They brought more in their luggage: In yet another claim against Gonçalo Amaral (this time for allegedly lying to the Court as to the goods and wages earned), they had in mind a glorious Hollywoodesque entrance, obfuscated by flashes, inundated with questions, with requests for autographs, with swarms of journalists, television channels, anonymous public and a crowd bath similar to the ones of 2007.

A Portuguese lawyer, who said she was in a deep state of stress, accompanied them.

However, God writes straight with crooked lines ... and the virus H1-N1 contaminated the 'Maddie case'!

Besides the frustration of having entered a court for nothing, they mainly felt the frustration of not having anyone waiting for them to give them that superstars status. Quite the contrary!

The star, this time was the man against whom they voted the entire world's hatred, because he might prove the «Truth» of the lie(s) that they have forged all over the world.

The posters that were seen in the open sun of a winter morning were in support of Gonçalo Amaral.

There was not a single word with «Maddie», «McCann», «fund», «search». NOTHING!

There was a bunch of red carnations that was offered to them, but whose meaning they did not know – it was the «poisoned chalice».

Visibly tense, uncomfortable and disappointed, they went forward with the «plan B» : A PILGRIMAGE TO THE PAST.

It was, after all, what the McCanns really wanted - MEDIA and PROPAGANDA.
They failed in Lisbon ... they headed to the Algarve!

Unfortunately, that theory that "the killer always returns to the crime scene” seems to apply to them.

They returned to the macabre route of the church and rocks on the beach.

It was very clear heard, at the Courthouse door, the failed act of Kate saying that Maddie was entitled to a decent funeral, «...Madeleine has the right to a proper...uhm... a... a proper ... a proper... search »

God be praised! Where (in this context) the adjective «proper» applies to the noun «search»?!? Are there, by chance, «fitting searches», «decent searches», «due searches »....??????????

If she had hesitated in the adjective «right», «accurate», etc…, before saying 'search', it would be different, especially since she was speaking fluently. She was not looking for an exact adjective to define an idea or concept.

Now, PROPER ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, later in Aldeia da Luz, she had another slip, stating that it was THERE where she felt closer to Maddie.

It never went unnoticed the saga of the church key, the prayers made at any time of day or night, always going in and locking themselves inside to meditate.

In cases of extreme agony, it is admissible for the parish priest of any church to facilitate the out of hour’s entrance for the relief and moral support of some parishioner.

But this was not the case.

And so strange and disturbing it became, the Bishop of the Diocese had to intervene in person and order the suspension of all those special meditations behind closed doors.

This happened, I believe, before they rented a car and changed apartments.

By now, and without private key, there it went Kate McCann on a pilgrimage to Praia da Luz, stopping in two places, which according to her, are where she feels the closest to Madeleine - the Church and the rocks from the beach.

Next appears in the British press a story-teller fantasying about «lairs», «traps», «hide outs», probably guarded by giants, monsters, ghosts and goblins, within 10 miles of the Ocean Club, citing examples such as the Austrian abductees , raped and walled up for years without realizing that these were teenagers and that Maddie was a girl-child.

For a paedophile, there is no difference.

However, for a sexual pervert who hides his special prey, there is a difference between a teenager and a little child.

And there is another big, huge difference, too.

We are all inserted in the great European Global Village.

But there are features that distinguish the Latin and Peninsular people from the Anglo-Saxon.

It is an insult to our Culture and to our Institutions, what a half a dozen Anglo-Saxons have been doing at our Lusitanian Coasts.

Lisbon, December 12, 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 12:54

Many thanks tigger, very interesting reading, there is a lot there to take in, I will read it again. The McCann's always seemed very attached to the church. Did KM ever say she felt closest to Maddie any where else apart from the church and the rocks on the beach?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 26.06.13 2:37

Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on
Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Cherry Blossom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Many thanks tigger, very interesting reading, there is a lot there to take in, I will read it again. The McCann's always seemed very attached to the church. Did KM ever say she felt closest to Maddie any where else apart from the church and the rocks on the beach?

reading back on this thread,  Gerry's calculated decision to involve the little church down the road is very telling.
mira2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.06.13 10:49

mira2 wrote:Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on
Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Cherry Blossom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

reading back on this thread,  Gerry's calculated decision to involve the little church down the road is very telling.

There's even more on Hubbard in this topic and I urge you to listen to the radio interview as well as watch the videos. He speaks about the McCanns as if they are truly 'holy'
e.g. 'when I first came into their presence...'sad ehhh?
He also makes a lovely slip in the video - ... they have... two (break) three children.. Imo 'He knows, you know?'

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6873-anniversary-coming-up-rev-hubbard-now-roped-in?highlight=hubbard

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.06.13 16:15

I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I would not trust him with anything.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.06.13 16:28

lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 16:35

lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I find him oily. They sure do give great media training to men of the cloth nowadays - you never know when you're gonna hit the cameras and the spotlights when you're a lowly preacher in a village church. If you look at the difference between his 'performance' and the real and obvious Press address of the vicar in Machynlleth (April Jones case) there's a world of difference isn't there.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.06.13 16:48

aquila wrote:

I find him oily. They sure do give great media training to men of the cloth nowadays - you never know when you're gonna hit the cameras and the spotlights when you're a lowly preacher in a village church. If you look at the difference between his 'performance' and the real and obvious Press address of the vicar in Machynlleth (April Jones case) there's a world of difference isn't there.

It's always seem strange to me that these people who represent the McCanns have no qualms in speaking to the media or being photographed or appearing on video for ever more.

I've been asked to man a stand this weekend for a local Council campaign and it's frightened the sh*t out of me to learn that the local press will be there!!!

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.06.13 19:04

Newintown wrote:

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.06.13 19:20

lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.  

Yes, Lance told us in one of these two topics that it had been planned a long time or at least months before. However -imo someone might have had ' a word' - e.g. from Control Risks Group or a similar outfit.
I still find 'father' Hubbard a person of interest. Imo he's giving a performance - in the video he is clearly acting, also the defensive folded arms and the expensive looking watch turned to the inside of his wrist, all just a bit 'off'.

The deliberate fudging of the faiths by calling him 'father' and giving the impression that the two faiths are 'merged' is very manipulative. The pope wouldn't have liked this either. They had the opportunity to go to the Portuguese Roman Catholic Mass as often as they liked, yet it is stated that they went to 'Father' Hubbards' services every week.
What tickles me pink is the night some twenty or so parishioners and the Portuguese priest came round to Kate to recite the rosary. I don't expect this was repeated, it's in the book but not told with any enthusiasm, I can't see Kate wasting her time with a bunch of devout locals, photo opportunities coming out of church are much more her thing imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 19:30

tigger wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Yes, Lance told us in one of these two topics that it had been planned a long time or at least months before. However -imo someone might have had ' a word' - e.g. from Control Risks Group or a similar outfit.
I still find 'father' Hubbard a person of interest. Imo he's giving a performance - in the video he is clearly acting, also the defensive folded arms and the expensive looking watch turned to the inside of his wrist, all just a bit 'off'.

The deliberate fudging of the faiths by calling him 'father' and giving the impression that the two faiths are 'merged' is very manipulative. The pope wouldn't have liked this either. They had the opportunity to go to the Portuguese Roman Catholic Mass as often as they liked, yet it is stated that they went to 'Father' Hubbards' services every week.
What tickles me pink is the night some twenty or so parishioners and the Portuguese priest  came round to Kate to recite the rosary. I don't expect this was repeated, it's in the book but not told with any enthusiasm, I can't see Kate wasting her time with a bunch of devout locals, photo opportunities coming out of church are much more her thing imo.

I'm a protestant and I've never heard 'Father' or for that matter 'Priest' attached to the protestant churches I've attended. I'm not Church of England but I've attended those churches over the years, in fact I married in a C of E church and my Son was christened C of E. I've never heard the term 'Father' in the C of E church attached to anyone but God. So can someone tell me why he's called Father Hubbard?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman 26.06.13 19:48

Some Anglo-Catholic Anglican priests like to be addressed as 'Father'.

It's not that common but it's not that uncommon either.
statsman
statsman

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 20:09

statsman wrote:Some Anglo-Catholic Anglican priests like to be addressed as 'Father'.

It's not that common but it's not that uncommon either.

That's another stumbling block for me. Portugal is a Catholic country. I lived in Greece for a few years - a Greek Orthodox country but it had a Catholic church in the city with services held in Greek and American priests would be allowed to have a few words in English at the end of the service. This little church in PDL is possibly the same sort of set up....BUT it would be essentially Catholic..so why the non-Catholic 'Father' Hubbard and this notion of sharing a church with non-Catholic beliefs? Why would the McCanns not find an English speaking Catholic priest?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 26.06.13 20:45

Why would the McCanns not find an English speaking Catholic priest?

This to me is the bit which doesn't make sense. I have got some Catholic relatives and a Catholic priest, even one they don't like, is preferred over a non-Catholic every time. Even when they admit that the priest/minister of the other denomination is absolutely fine as a person, they just can't quite cut it as a priest.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top