The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Regist10

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by ToffeeApple 04.05.12 23:27

tigger wrote:He was posted to PdL very soon after 3/5/07. Coming from Canada, I believe. His wife was so supportive of Kate that she visited witnesses who were refusing to contact Kate. (see the Witnesses contacted by the McCanns topic)

That's what I mean. New kid on the block. Parachuted in. It stinks.
ToffeeApple

Activity : 27

Back to top Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by Shibboleth 04.05.12 23:47

I do not understand this either. The McCann are a Catholic family, why do they become so friendly and in confidence with a Protestant pastor? Portugal is a Catholic country, there must be many Catholic priests. The Christian neighborhood where I grew up, the Catholic families would never entrust their secrets to a Priest who was not of the Catholic faith.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Blimunda 05.05.12 0:11

What I find interesting in all this is that a couple who arrived from Canada very early after the event would have to become close friends with the McCanns until today... If I remember it correctly I think someone advised them at their arrival at the Lisbon airport that a child had been abducted in the Algarve!...that they should take care about their children,( Susan H. said so) as if they might be arriving at an awful and dangerous place. There are marvellous coincidences ... They had to meet someone at the airport who would advise them......Too much information or what?
And it seems nobody will ever put in doubt a priest, no matter if anglican or catholic...
If you have priests talking nicely about you for sure you are nice, aren't you ?
I wouldn't like any priest to talk about me. But I won't give them a chance for it, will I ?
And why not? Because unlike Kate and Gerry, I'm a sinner yes laughat

Besides, why isn't there a statement from a Portuguese resident in PDL to tell about the McCanns what the "Little Britain"says about them?
Susan Hubbard seems to have contacted Port.witnesses for information?. But I guess she wasn't much successful.

Blimunda

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 0:22

Interesting article here on the Hubbards from mccannfiles..............

Missing Madeleine CBC News

Vanished on holiday

NANCY DURHAM
May 2, 2008

One year ago, Kate and Gerry McCann's holiday on Portugal's Algarve coast turned into a nightmare. On the second-last night of their vacation, the McCanns, from Leicestershire, England, put their three children to bed: Madeleine, nearly four, and two-year-old twins Sean and Emilie. Then they walked 50 metres to dine at a tapas bar, which is part of the Ocean Club complex in Praia de Luz where they were staying with friends. The couples took turns checking on each other's children every 30 minutes or so. At around 10 p.m., Kate McCann discovered Madeleine missing from her bed.

Father Haynes Hubbard

In the year since the 3-year-old girl disappeared on May 3, 2007, a Canadian couple has been playing a crucial role of support in the lives of Kate and Gerry McCann.

The Hubbards – Haynes, an Anglican priest who was about to take up a new post as senior chaplain for the Algarve Anglican Church, and Susan, a midwife – arrived in Praia de Luz three days after Madeleine's disappearance. The town was in chaos as police combed the area looking for the missing British girl, reporters jostled for interviews and helicopters circled in the sky. This was no longer the peaceful tourist town the couple remembered from a previous visit when Haynes temporarily filled the role of Anglican chaplain in the former fishing village. Now he was arriving to take on the job full time.

God brought us here

The Hubbards appear to have had enough of reporters. Yet they agree to open their door to another inquisitive stranger for one reason only: because there's a chance that giving another interview just might help find the little girl they've never met.

The Hubbards now believe Madeleine's disappearance is the reason they were "called" to Portugal. Susan remembers the moment it hit her.

"It wasn't until months later, when I saw really why God had brought us here, that I was awestruck that he confirmed we were to be here before we even set foot in our town of Praia de Luz," she says. "For me, he confirmed it on the plane … the fact that there was a child missing here gave us our first mission before we even set foot in the place."

Hold on to your baby

Their arrival was unnerving. When their plane landed in Lisbon, Susan was warned.

"This old woman grabbed me, and I was holding on to our five-month-old son, Caspian, and she grabbed my arm and spoke to me in Portuguese: 'Hold on to your baby; there's been an English child taken.'"

At first, Susan double-locked the doors and windows to keep their three children safe. Caspian has an older sister, Gabriela, 9, and brother, Sebastian, now 10. Soon, the family relaxed, and Haynes, too, saw this was the place they were meant to be.

"It was pretty clear that He was using us, of the same age [as the McCanns] and with small children and Susan speaking Portuguese … and being able to relate to them in a tiny way, to lead them in prayer and just to walk with them," he said.

Haynes Hubbard loves travel, so when it was time to move on from his Dunnville, Ont., parish, he and Susan saw the job opening in Praia de Luz as an opportunity. Haynes says he felt a little guilty "in terms of my ministry, wanting to travel," but a friend encouraged him to see it as a gift, pointing out that he could be useful abroad.

Rural Ontario roots

It's hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

"It's something my mother would always do, being a part of the church community in Canada," Susan said.

More gifts of food followed, and notes, and soon a warm friendship between Susan Hubbard and Kate McCann began.

Susan wants it known that their friendship is not one-sided. She describes how throughout the McCanns' own desperate ordeal, Kate inquired about the Hubbards' children.

"That's how she is," Susan said. "In the middle of her grief, she still is such a caring, loving friend."

In fact, Susan says, it was the McCanns who helped the Hubbards settle in to their new parish. Susan has visited the McCanns since their return to England last September, and the two women keep in close touch through text messages and e-mail.

The Hubbards have faithfully stood by the McCanns throughout their ordeal, and they continue to do so. They hold weekly vigils for Madeleine in Our Lady of Light. A photograph of the little girl's smiling face is on the wall by the altar. Beside it, the words "pray for me" are written.

Sightings of Madeleine have been reported across Europe and as far away as Australia, each one turning out to be a disappointment. At summer's end last year, and with no clue to Madeleine's disappearance, the Portuguese police named her parents as suspects, which in Portugal allows police to question witnesses more thoroughly.

No charges have been laid against the McCanns, but British tabloid newspapers turned on the couple, printing dozens of false stories filled with rumour and innuendo suggesting they were responsible for their daughter's disappearance. The McCanns sued, and in March, the Express newspaper group paid more than $1 million in damages to the couple and printed front-page apologies. The McCanns are using the funds to support their campaign to find Madeleine as well as to launch a program in Europe similar to the North American Amber Alert system used to find missing children.

The Hubbards, like the McCanns, believe Madeleine may well be alive, and they pray for her safe return. The Hubbards' faith in God is unwavering, though Susan Hubbard wonders "why our prayers haven't been answered."

"I don't understand that," she says. "I've seen the letters come into their home and their hands. How could so many people be praying for the exact same thing and it not happen? It's hard."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id66.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 9:10

Further mention of the Hubbards in Antonella Lazzeri's latest attempt at journalism.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4298857/The-McCanns-vow-to-continue-search-for-Maddie-five-years-after-she-disappeared.html

The comments about Sr Amaral and the police are an absolute disgrace!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 9:29

Jean wrote:Further mention of the Hubbards in Antonella Lazzeri's latest attempt at journalism.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4298857/The-McCanns-vow-to-continue-search-for-Maddie-five-years-after-she-disappeared.html

The comments about Sr Amaral and the police are an absolute disgrace!

Thanks Jean. Interesting though they put this bit in from Goncalo ..............

When the TV host remonstrated with him, the vile ex-cop replied: “I do not know why he (Gerry McCann) says there must be a body. In order to prove the child is dead it is not necessary to have a body.

Also this, she is going to be in trouble big grin ......................

It was the start of a nightmare for her parents that has lasted five years — and for the world, the beginning of one of the most puzzling mysteries of all time
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.05.12 9:42

But the four comments are not supportive.

mann210
if what he says is true then the witness who said she saw a man carrying a young child away is wrong,so what can you make of that.If only there was something to go on that was sound.
-----------------But most parents at the resort used the free evening creche while they ate out and then carried their often sleepy/sleeping kids back to their apartments. A man carrying a sleeping child in their pyjamas at the resort would therefore not be an unusual sight.

jasonw666
until there is more transparency from the parents, this case can never really be properly investigated. how many parents would refuse to do a reconstruction ?. most parents would crawl over broken glass if they felt it would help find their child safely.

ireadsun
i would never leave my kids in their own ,in a evening ,in a bed when i am out ,in foreign country ..that all

mann21
if what he says is true then the witness who said she saw a man carrying a young child away is wrong,so what can you make of that.If only there was something to go on that was sound.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.05.12 9:43

from the Sun:
For Kate and Gerry that reinvestigation could hold the key to them being reunited with Madeleine — or at least having the comfort of knowing what happened to her.

But I thought she was being held by a paedophile gang in a lawless village! After five years of that - is that going to be a comfort to know?

If she is with a family who fell instantly in love with her, kidnapped her and she now looks like the latest picture - a serene schoolgirl.
I'd leave her where she is - it'd certainly be a greater comfort to me.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 05.05.12 10:24

Latest comment:

The McCanns vow to continue search for daughter
Dont they mean they will continue to allow others to search for her
,,,,,,,,,,,,They wont find her sat at home will they ???? No ..They
need to get out there and look and not leave it to others
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.05.12 11:05

and a couple more
fxmaster
They were in the wrong by leaving her alone and they want our sympathy, i know it's sad what has happened but if they hadn't of left her alone none of this would of happened and the most shocking thing is i bet they was watched for the duration of the holiday and it probably wasn't the first time they left there kids alone, also i bet if they got all the cctv from the place and look for people looking suspicious that would give them clues.

tell the truth
Is this going to go on all bank holiday weekend? Stuck down the bottom of the page, fooling no one. There is no transparency only laboured spin that couldn't be more obvious. As someone who contributed to the fund I amongst many would like transparency.

Look at you
The McCanns vow to continue search for daughter
Dont they mean they will continue to allow others to search for her ,,,,,,,,,,,,They wont find her sat at home will they ???? No ..They need to get out there and look and not leave it to others
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 05.05.12 13:12

PeterMac wrote:But the four comments are not supportive.

mann210
-----------------But most parents at the resort used the free evening creche while they ate out and then carried their often sleepy/sleeping kids back to their apartments. A man carrying a sleeping child in their pyjamas at the resort would therefore not be an unusual sight.

jasonw666
until there is more transparency from the parents, this case can never really be properly investigated. how many parents would refuse to do a reconstruction ?. most parents would crawl over broken glass if they felt it would help find their child safely.

ireadsun
i would never leave my kids in their own ,in a evening ,in a bed when i am out ,in foreign country ..that all

mann21

The first poster sounds like he has some knowledge of PDL and confirms what many of us had concluded that it would not be unusual to see a child being carried at that time of night. Here's a coincidence....

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2551-creche-sheets-and-attendance-charts

Last post, names .

monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 21:34

[quote="candyfloss"]Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard, he's the Anglican priest isn't he, where is an interview with a Catholic one, I thought they were Catholics.......

From what I remember of his statement it read more as though he is a personal friend of the Mccann's as opposed to their religious mentor. His statement more or less was a carbon copy of the Mccann's version so I guess that confirms his close friendship with them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 21:39

[quote="Gollum"]
candyfloss wrote:Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard, he's the Anglican priest isn't he, where is an interview with a Catholic one, I thought they were Catholics.......

From what I remember of his statement it read more as though he is a personal friend of the Mccann's as opposed to their religious mentor. His statement more or less was a carbon copy of the Mccann's version so I guess that confirms his close friendship with them.

Yes, he is a close friend, Mrs Hubbard babysat the twins on occasions. My point is they are Catholics, why haven't we had any interviews with a Catholic priest. Surely a Catholic priest would be the one to befriend you and give you comfort, etc. Wouldn't a Catholic priest be the first one you turned to? Is Fr Pacheco (spelling?) still in PDL? Anyone know?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.05.12 21:51

[quote="candyfloss"]
Gollum wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard, he's the Anglican priest isn't he, where is an interview with a Catholic one, I thought they were Catholics.......

Yes, he is a close friend, Mrs Hubbard babysat the twins on occasions. My point is they are Catholics, why haven't we had any interviews with a Catholic priest. Surely a Catholic priest would be the one to befriend you and give you comfort, etc. Wouldn't a Catholic priest be the first one you turned to? Is Fr Pacheco (spelling?) still in PDL? Anyone know?

Good question, the Catholic Priest in PDL.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.05.12 4:27

Ashwarya wrote:I agree, the whole Fr Hubbard thing is very odd. It is understandable that the church is shared between protestants and catholics, as PDL attracts (or used to attract!) so many foreign visitors who might want an English speaking Anglican priest to conduct services for them. But it is unthinkable that in a Catholic country he would be centre stage the way he is - he would be a bit player. As for poor Fr Pacheco, I asked my parish priest in general terms whether a priest could ever break the seal of the confessional, even to the Pope, and he said no. What is more he confirmed that priests cannot withhold absolution if they believe the penitent is truly remorseful, so they can't put any conditions on absolution such as admitting what they have done to the police or anyone else. So if Fr Pacheco believed at the time they were sincere and absolved them of whatever it was, he would be tortured now by the circus that has gone on since May 2007. Fr Hubbard IMO was definitely shipped in for some reason - the coincidence otherwise of his arrival within a couple of days stretches credibility much too far.

Its fantastic isnt it - this religion where if you commit a crime, even of the most severe kind of taking a human life and as long as you confessed, you're granted absolution - no condition and no question about it , and your responsibility to answer for it becomes nil and you start anew again!

Isn't it just...... that a man can grant another man (a sinner) absolute absolution! A priest is after all just a man! Sorry don't mean to offend anyone but it's just the way I feel.

I imagine heaven is full of them isn't it (sinners I mean), and the gate keeper, St. peter is just supposed to welcome them with open arm and admit them with no question asked - Das ist wunderbar!
Are we all standing in the same queue?
Not me - thank you, I rather be elsewhere.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.05.12 6:29

Do little children and Catholic Priests both go to Heaven ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.05.12 13:01

Which heaven?

The heaven sinners go to, because admission is presumably guaranteed after people including sinners, have confessed and received absolution? Or a different one?

I have always thought there can be only one nation up there (in heaven) I mean.
If it's going to a united nation, then what is the point of queuing at St Peter's gate only to get in then find that people there still squabble with one another over religion differences, or cultural difference, or nation divide, and you still live side by side with sinners, criminals and murderers and what not?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.05.12 13:31

PeterMac wrote:Do little children and Catholic Priests both go to Heaven ?

Some children will hope that some priests don't!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h7m8r/This_World_The_Shame_of_the_Catholic_Church/

This is a programme about the cover-up of allegations against priests in Ireland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.12 22:01

Putting this here for information............

candyfloss wrote:I will put this here and also in the Haynes Hubbard Video thread so it can be found easily. It seems he is on the move.......

#McCann : Rev. Haynes Hubbard - Times Of Transition.
Times of Transition

The Pastoral Unit comprising Christ Church, Gananoque and Church of the Redeemer Rockport are awaiting the arrival of their new Incumbent, Rev. Christine Downey who will relocate with her husband Benjamin from the Diocese of Huron and begin her ministry with them on May 1st. Also, the people of St. Mark’s, Barriefield will welcome their new Incumbent, Rev. Haynes Hubbard, his wife Susan and family who will relocate from the Anglican Chaplaincy in the Algarve, Portugal on July 1st. Please continue to hold these parishes, clergy and families in your prayers as they continue through this time of transition.

I have heard Susan is already in Canada.

http://www.ontario.anglican.ca/joomla/index.php?option=com_k2&view=latest&layout=latest&Itemid=361

Bizarre, there is something flesh crawling about this entire case.

[youtube]

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 9_mp_t11
Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 2 10_og_10