The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Mm11

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Mm11

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Regist10

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by petunia 21.04.14 23:45

Wonder how much he paid for the wristband. and why his he sweating so much.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by lj 21.04.14 23:55

Portia wrote:Expression 'Closet Queen' ring a bell?

I don't know, Portia. Tha's not how he strikes me.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.04.14 14:01

missbeetle wrote:Crikey!

Thank you for picking that up and pointing it out to me.

To my mind, he sounds posh English, with a mild Canadian accent.

I recall listening to a NZ radio interview with Father HH (Sept 2007?) where at one stage he said something along the lines of "...because we were English, no, because we spoke English".

He does give me itchy teeth.

But at least he confirmed that the police were looking using helicopters. He relates that they were watching the news on TV and saw the helicopters at the same time as hearing them overhead. He said something like 'we were the news.

Pity Gerry missed them completely because we have his word for it that there were no helicopters at all.
In fact as he enthusiastically explained in the Swedish interview, that was because the Portuguese have no Royal Navy.
Well they are a republic.....

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.04.14 17:16

Interesting ‘spot’ posted by someone in comments on Textusa’s ‘Speed’ thread today:

June 23rd 2005

http://portugalresident.com/an-english-country-fair-in-the-western-algarve

‘ST VINCENT’S LOCUM ASSISTANT CHAPLAIN, FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD, HIS WIFE SUSAN and children Gabriel and Sebastian, put their full energy into the day. Although occupying only a brief tenure, FATHER HAYNES, whose parish is in Ontario near Niagara Falls, inspired HIS LUZ CONGREGATION and was clearly a hit among visitors to the fair. He has now left for pastures new and we wish him and his family well’.

So he was returning to PdL in 2007.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 22.04.14 18:11

You beat me to it dougd.... interesting indeed. HH had been there before and was familiar with PdL.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.04.14 18:11

I knew knew that he'd been in Algarve before 2007 ... Good find!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.04.14 18:40

Doug D wrote:Interesting ‘spot’ posted by someone in comments on Textusa’s ‘Speed’ thread today:

June 23rd 2005

http://portugalresident.com/an-english-country-fair-in-the-western-algarve

‘ST VINCENT’S LOCUM ASSISTANT CHAPLAIN, FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD, HIS WIFE SUSAN and children Gabriel and Sebastian, put their full energy into the day. Although occupying only a brief tenure, FATHER HAYNES, whose parish is in Ontario near Niagara Falls, inspired HIS LUZ CONGREGATION and was clearly a hit among visitors to the fair. He has now left for pastures new and we wish him and his family well’.

So he was returning to PdL in 2007.

More information about his career would be in Crockfords, most libraries have copies in the reference section.

Can't recall him ever mentioning this earlier posting which would be the most natural thing to do.
Short posting with two school age children? Where exactly were those pastures new for the next 18 - 20 months?

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 22.04.14 19:15

Nina wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:
lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he  talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I would not trust him with anything.

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.  
lj, your comment in bold (mine) spot on, IMO.  HH seemed to divide his PDL flock into two camps; those who found him charismatic (in the religious as well as wordly sense) and those who cordially disliked him.  Some even boycotted his services but made a point of attending when any another cleric was officiating.  Whether liked and disliked in equal measure is not possible to say but the Hubbards' open devotion to the McCs did not go down well universally, by any means.

As to the use of 'Father', the PDL Anglican congregation do routinely use the term but combine 'Father' plus first name, so Father Haynes rather than Father Hubbard.  Other Anglican priests related to that congregation were addressed in the same way so nothing unusual in that.  

HH arrival in PDL was many months in the planning, as there was a lengthy period of negotiation before all was agreed to the satisfaction of all parties, then the chaplaincy house was given a thorough overhaul and update to accommodate a priest with a young family for the first time in a very long time, if not ever.  That the Hubbards arrived just after the disappearance was one of those mutually serendipitous occurrences.  HH was catapulted from obscurity onto the world stage as the priest forever associated with that situation which, as others have pointed out he seems to have relished.  For their part the McCs gained extremely useful friends who were PR gold, and so could craft their own lasting assocation with a (happily) photogenic religious backdrop.
A snip from your excellent post Monty Heck,    then the chaplaincy house was given a thorough overhaul and update to accommodate a priest with a young family for the first time in a very long time, if not ever.
This overhaul/refurb wasn't quite completed when the Hubbards arrived, and they had to stay somewhere else for a few days, for the life in me I cannot remember where, nor find a link, just remember them not being able to move straight in. There is also a small chapel in the Chaplaincy, so consecrated. The residence is very close to the Church. Not saying, just wondering.
The chaplaincy house is rather an ordinary looking house and from the outside doesn't appear large enough to accommodate 2 adults and three children plus  chapel.  The garden is rather small and there didn't appear to be any outbuilding which could serve that purpose but these are my observations only.  Also, it's not that close to the church as it's right on the other side of the bay, close to the Rocha Negra and the path to the trig point above.  If there is a link somewhere regarding a chapel located at the chaplaincy house, be (genuinely) interested to see that.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 23.04.14 11:02

A little bit more about his earlier stay in Praia da Luz:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070520040440/http://www.stvincentsalgarve.org/news.htm

However, Fr. Haynes and his family are no strangers to the Algarve having spent two months here in 2007 (I think this should be 2005) when, following the retirement of Rev. David Kirby, he acted as locum for the congregation at Praia de Luz. Of his new appointment he said, “St. Vincent’s Chaplaincy has been established for thirty years and it is a privilege to build on that long tradition and to continue to work to develop its role in the lives of all those who have made their homes in the Algarve. Having made many friends here during a previous visit, it is almost a homecoming.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there is this interesting little titbit:

http://niagaraanglican.ca/newspaper/docs/2007/april.pdf

"The Reverend Haynes Hubbard submitted his resignation as Rector of St. Paul's, Dunnville, and the Dunn Parish, effective April 30. Haynes has accepted a position in the Diocese of Europe, specifically as Chaplain at St. Vincent's, Algarve, Portugal, beginning May 1."

The Niagara Anglican is a monthly publication, and the mention of Hubbard's resignation was in the April 2007 issue. I don't know how long the process of taking up a new position is in the Anglican Church, but it seems to have happened rather quickly.

http://prayerbook.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Ottawa-Branch-Newsletter-Lent-2007.pdf

In this Newsletter of December 2006 he was still listed as one of the Speakers for the 2007 National Cranmer Conference "“Anglicanism, Stirred Not Shaken”:

The 2nd Cranmer Conference, planned by the Grand Valley Branch and the Greater Niagara Branch of the PBSC, will run from Friday June 1st through to Sunday June 3rd (Trinity Sunday) at St Paul’s, Dunnville.

Speakers and Leaders this year include: Fr Haynes Hubbard, Chaplain to the Conference and Rector of the host parish of St Paul’s, Dunnville; the award-winning author Sue Careless, who visited us this past fall; Dr William Renwick, professor at McMaster University, parish organist in Hamilton, and music director of the Conference; and Bishop Anthony Burton who will be the principal speaker.

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 23.04.14 15:07

Thank you Nereid, to say that is interesting information is an understatement.  roses 

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty The Gene Genie...?

Post by missbeetle 05.06.14 9:08

A couple of thoughts about Haynes Hubbard and family...

Where did Mrs Hubbard learn to speak Portuguese?

Which daughter of theirs played Madeleine in the Cutting Edge documentary?
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 11:33

Long shot: Haynes Hubbard isn't related to L Ron Hubbard the founder of Scientology, is he?

This 2006 newsletter from the Anglican church community in Niagara, Ontario, mentions both Rev Haynes Hubbard and Deacon Ron Hubbard (a different Ron of course!).
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty In the cupboard with Hubbard...?

Post by missbeetle 05.06.14 22:08

I'm wondering - and speculating - if the Hubbards may have been the relatives Kate thought about handing Madeleine over to?

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 <a href=Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Capture7899_zps5c9de635" /
Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 <a href=Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Capturenhuji_zpsfe2bd899" />
In the following article, Michael Wright is down as 'Michael White' - White is Mrs Hubbard's maiden name.

...and only their youngest child seems to be around the age of the McCann twins.

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 <a href=Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Captureuyt_zpsbcaf2dd4" />

Itchy teeth...!
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.06.14 22:24

Well slap my thigh!!... Just looked on a certain Facebook page and it seems that our Reverend Hubbard got married in July 2008!  So does that mean another couple entwined in this scam have split up? Was he ever married to Susan in the first place? confused.com

Worth a look.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.06.14 23:07

Have doubled checked and triple checked and it is him.

My mind is wandering....was he ever really married to Susan? His Daughter Gabriel in on his friends list, she must have been the girl who played Madeleine in the reconstruction. No mention who his current wife is only that he got married in July 2008.

I am wondering if Susan might be the 'biological cousin'.
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty Relatively speaking...

Post by missbeetle 05.06.14 23:14

Hicks wrote:Have doubled checked and triple checked and it is him.

My mind is wandering....was he ever really married to Susan? His Daughter Gabriel in on his friends list, she must have been the girl who played Madeleine in the reconstruction. No mention who his current wife is only that he got married in July 2008.

Me too! Gabriella seems to have been too old to play Madeleine, though, at age 8 in 2007.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 05.06.14 23:20

missbeetle wrote:

Me too! Gabriella seems to have been too old to play Madeleine, though, at age 8 in 2007.
She is too old She was also in luz 3 weeks ago
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.06.14 23:22

missbeetle wrote:

What do you make of the fact he got married in 2008? Don't forget the Hubbard's 'allegedly' had their computer stolen in PDL. Incriminating emails perhaps? Something is not right at all here. Susan Hubbard has been photographed at Kate's side during trials in Portugal ,not that long ago so perhaps she is quite significant in all of this.

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty Spy vs spy...?

Post by missbeetle 05.06.14 23:25

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 <a href=Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Capture789_zps06d23467" />
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching The Detectives 05.06.14 23:28

I think Facebook just shows the date at which the account holder changes their status to married. 

It doesn't  indicate that was the actual date of marriage.
Watching The Detectives

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 23:28

Hello Hicks
Just did a bit of googling, came across this, there is a photo of Haynes and Susan Hubbard purportedly from April 2013. I took a screenshot but I can't figure out how to paste it here, sorry!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id440.html

Ordinarily with something like this on a Facebook page, I'd assume a simple error inputting his marriage year on his Facebook profile, but as this whole case is anything but ordinary, I think we can be forgiven our suspicions about this little snippet too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Empty Tunnel vision...?

Post by missbeetle 05.06.14 23:33

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 <a href=Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 5 Captureyuiolm_zps7944fc1a" />
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.06.14 23:36

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/burglar-snatche.html.
 Now who would steal their laptop? Hey, perhaps the police digging up that scrubland will find it there!
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.06.14 23:43

Rose Quartz wrote:

Hello Hicks
Just did a bit of googling, came across this, there is a photo of Haynes and Susan Hubbard purportedly from April 2013. I took a screenshot but I can't figure out how to paste it here, sorry!

Ordinarily with something like this on a Facebook page, I'd assume a simple error inputting his marriage year on his Facebook profile, but as this whole case is anything but ordinary, I think we can be forgiven our suspicions about this little snippet too!
You are certainly right about that. Surely though it can't be a mistake, you would amend it once spotted. Susan doesn't feature on his FB at all. They had three children....apparently!

I wonder when his profile picture was taken? Could that be a new child of his?
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.06.14 6:45

Hicks wrote:
Rose Quartz wrote:

Hello Hicks

You are certainly right about that. Surely though it can't be a mistake, you would amend it once spotted. Susan doesn't feature on his FB at all. They had three children....apparently!

I wonder when his profile picture was taken? Could that be a new child of his?

Mother Hubbard spent a lot of time with Kate, also in the UK. For a mother of two or three children that seems to be quite a lot.
Iirc she was also with Kate on several occasions - last time when the libel trial started up again in September.
If that is true she'd have had to come from Canada.

The Hubbard involvement is very 'off' imo.
Calling him 'Father' where there is no indication of high church
The rev saying things 'when I came into the presence of Kate and Gerry'
His constant affirmation of their martyrdom
His serendipidous arrival shortly after 'giving notice' on the 1st May
His generally giving the impression the church in PdL was his patch rather than graciously allowed to be used by the RC church.
His short tenure in Canada and 5 plus years in Pd and then back to Canada.
His not mentioning an earlier short tenure in PdL.
His wife speaking Portuguese - unusual unless she is a polyglot or had a reason for learning the language.

All the above may have perfectly good explanations - to be fair, I just don't like the man, too smug and condescending altogether imo.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top