The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Facebook update from OFMC

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 14.10.12 9:20

@PeterMac wrote:
Moa wrote:Oh lord, today's update from their fb account :

Please do not donate to anyone by text message asking for moneys in Madeleine's name. We do not use this method at this point in time for donations.
Thank you to all who have given in the past to help in the search for Madeleine.
But we reserve the right to do so in the future ?????
Or ... though we did so in the past [?]

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender on 14.10.12 9:25

couple of thought about that:-
1) they can't stop anyone else raising money in Madeleine's name provided the money is actually spent on things to help Madeleine!
2) if they suspect it's a scam they should just say that there is someone asking for money to be donated via text, but they want to make people aware that it isn't the McCann family.

For all they know, any number of people could be legitimately raising money for Madeleine.

lavender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.10.12 10:35

@PeterMac wrote:

Please do not donate to anyone by text message asking for moneys in Madeleine's name. We do not use this method at this point in time for donations.
Thank you to all who have given in th past to help in the search for Madeleine.

That was my first thought as well!

Back to top Go down

update nov

Post by dragonfly on 07.11.12 21:54

Moa wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Thank you to all who have given in th past to help in the search for Madeleine.

That was my first thought as well!

update

Thank you to those who let us know about the unauthorised Madeleine merchandise on Amazon. Per our request, the store selling the merchandise agreed to take it down. If you come across any other places where people are using copyrighted material of Madeleine and selling merchandise, please let us know by Emailing
************* Ta!
Ta???

(poster ) i brought 2 wristbands over a month ago and paid by paypal, it came out as 'PAYPAL *FINDMADELE CD' Yet i still havnt received them, is this your merchandise, im sure i brought it from your page?

We changed over to Google Checkout in mid-September. Can you please Email -***************** your PayPal checkout Email. We will look into it and refund your money. We don't use PayPal anymore due to problems with their system. ~FM Webmaster
Pay pal is used the world over millions of people use this method daily How do online companies survive then who use paypal ?

We've had some questions regarding our online store. The only merchandise authorised by us is merchandise sold in our online store. We use Google Checkout for our online store. We ask that you do not purchase outside our online store. We are not responsible for other online stores.

In addition, merchandise sold outside of our online store is violating copyright law. Our age progression image is copyrighted to Teri Blythe and cannot be used without written permission from her.

Never known anything like it ,

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.11.12 22:08

Find Madeleine Fund wrote:Our age progression image is copyrighted to Teri Blythe and cannot be used without written permission from her.
That's a quite breathtaking statement, and almost certainly incorrect.

Now, how much did Teri Blythe charge for her artist's impression of Madeleine at 9?

It took her a long time, for, as we know, she had to consult with both of the McCanns, especially Dr Kate McCann, to get all the details right:

'Change this bit here...and that bit there'.

'OK, I'll redraw it and show you next week'

'That bit there still doesn't look quite right'

'OK, I'll try again to get it right'

'Hmm, that's better, OK, we'll go with that. Ta'.

And so on.

How many hours did that take her?

And what is her hourly charging rate?

So, did it cost £1,000?

I suspect a lot more.

£10,000 might not even cover it.

So, who paid her?

The Metropolitan Police.

And who pays them?

Why, us, the taxpayers.

So, suppose a shopkeeper wants to put a poster of Madeleine, aged 9, in her shop window.

She goes to the internet and prints off a good quality poster and puts it in the window.

So, a copy of a taxpayer-funded picture of Madeleine is displayed in the hope that someone will think: 'That looks just like that girl a couple of streets from where my aunt lives'.

Is the shopkeeper in breach of Teri Blythe's copyright?

I very much doubt it

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 07.11.12 22:08

Find Madeleine Fund wrote:Our age progression image is copyrighted to Teri Blythe and cannot be used without written permission from her.
That's a quite breathtaking statement, and almost certainly incorrect.

Now, how much did Teri Blythe charge for her artist's impression of Madeleine at 9?

It took her a long time, for, as we know, she had to consult with both of the McCanns, especially Dr Kate McCann, to get all the details right:

'Change this bit here...and that bit there'.

'OK, I'll redraw it and show you next week'

'That bit there still doesn't look quite right'

'OK, I'll try again to get it right'

'Hmm, that's better, OK, we'll go with that. Ta'.

And so on.

How many hours did that take her?

And what is her hourly charging rate?

So, did it cost £1,000?

I suspect a lot more.

£10,000 might not even cover it.

So, who paid her?

The Metropolitan Police.

And who pays them?

Why, us, the taxpayers.

So, suppose a shopkeeper wants to put a poster of Madeleine, aged 9, in her shop window.

She goes to the internet and prints off a good quality poster and puts it in the window.

So, a copy of a taxpayer-funded picture of Madeleine is displayed in the hope that someone will think: 'That looks just like that girl a couple of streets from where my aunt lives'.

Is the shopkeeper in breach of Teri Blythe's copyright?

I very much doubt it

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 07.11.12 22:16

The age progression image being used by the amazon shopfront is not the one aged 9 commissioned by SY. It is the original one the McCanns themselves had prepared, with the pink hairband, as far as I know, but perhaps I am wrong.

I worked in a similar field for many years, preparing 3d images of buildings and developments for clients who could not visualise how something might look from a technical drawing. Once paid for, those images were in the hands of the client and theirs to do with what they choose. The actual design of the building however was a different matter and the subject of some sort of intellectual copyright issues, which I never fully understood.

I cannot see how the McCanns would have paid to have a drawing of their daughter prepared and, if what they say is true, they themselves would have to seek permission to use it, each and every time.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.11.12 22:17

I don't think the artist who did it can copyright a progression image of a child in a crime because technically that belongs to the Police who commissioned it and by definition to the taxpayers who paid for it.

The fact that store believe that Maddie's image on a bag is sell=able is so bizzare.
Who would want to walk around with a bag bearing a missing (dead) child image?
Come on, what are the chances of an abducted child being alive after 6 years as it goes against statistics.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 08.11.12 0:22

@sami wrote:The age progression image being used by the amazon shopfront is not the one aged 9 commissioned by SY. It is the original one the McCanns themselves had prepared, with the pink hairband, as far as I know, but perhaps I am wrong.

I worked in a similar field for many years, preparing 3d images of buildings and developments for clients who could not visualise how something might look from a technical drawing. Once paid for, those images were in the hands of the client and theirs to do with what they choose. The actual design of the building however was a different matter and the subject of some sort of intellectual copyright issues, which I never fully understood.

I cannot see how the McCanns would have paid to have a drawing of their daughter prepared and, if what they say is true, they themselves would have to seek permission to use it, each and every time.

It is quite perculiar!

When one commissions such a work, it is usual for copyright of the work to be transfered to them. I cannot understand why the business-minded McCanns will leave copyright at the hands of the artist . What is Teri Blythe supposed to do with an age-progressed image of a missing child commision by her parents?

If it is as the McCanns say that the copyright remains with Teri, I suspect it's a commercial decision and to cover their own backs like they've done with Art247. It's easy to deny the products have anything to do with them directly. In all their facebook updates on this matter, one important information is missing- they haven't denied that Teri has given permission for the image to be used commercially. They just say permission has to be taken from her and Art247 have got a copyright declaration on their website which states they get permission from authorized sources. Who is lying? I know who I'm more likely to believe!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.11.12 9:10

" And all they ever wanted was to get her image out there so everyone would remember her and look for her leaving no stone unturned"

HAHA what a F*** Joke !!

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum