The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Facebook update from OFMC

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 03.05.12 6:38

9 hours ago:
It’s hard to define succinctly how it feels to have reached five years
without Madeleine. Impossible, heart-breaking, frightening,
exasperating, incomprehensible. Sometimes it feels like forever and at
other times, just like yesterday.

What is certain though is
that since the Metropolitan Police review was commenced last May, the
chances of finding Madeleine and discovering what happened are now significantly
greater. Additionally, albeit less importantly, our lives and those of
our family have been much more bearable over the past year, simply by
knowing those stones are finally being turned.

We hope that the
investigation will be reopened in Portugal soon, as this will give us
the best possible chance of finding Madeleine and the person who
committed this crime - of solving the case. The term ‘mystery’ (commonly
used by the media) is not applicable until all possible avenues have
been explored. They haven’t been, and can’t be until the case is
reopened.

The age-progression image of Madeleine released last
week is an important tool in the search for Madeleine. We believe this
image bears a strong resemblance to what Madeleine will look like now.
Please help us by distributing this image as far and wide as you can.
Someone might just recognise her.

Abducted children have been
found many years following their disappearance. We cannot give up. We
won’t give up. Please keep looking for Madeleine.

And if you know something, please do the right thing:
CONTACT: OPERATION GRANGE on 0207 321 9251 (0044 207 321 9251 from outside the UK) or Operation.Grange@met.pnn.police.uk
OR CRIMESTOPPERS in confidence on 0800 555111; www.crimestoppers-uk.org

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped us,
comforted us, battled with us, cried and laughed with us over the past
five years. We couldn’t have made it this far on our own. Your support
has been amazing, invaluable and very, very humbling. Thank you.

And now.... the search goes on!



Kate and Gerry



  • 1669 people likes this
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by tigger on 03.05.12 6:43

We hope that the
investigation will be reopened in Portugal soon, as this will give us
the best possible chance of finding Madeleine and the person who
committed this crime - of solving the case. The term ‘mystery’ (commonly
used by the media) is not applicable
until all possible avenues have
been explored. They haven’t been, and can’t be until the case is
reopened.

Has this bit been inserted by CR? Bearing in mind the 9th and the 10th? But the media aren't getting sued for using this term and neither has CM - who himself called it a mystery.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Miraflores on 03.05.12 8:22

The term ‘mystery’ (commonly
used by the media) is
not applicable until all possible avenues have
been explored.

Edited so that it makes sense.

What tosh!

Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by nomendelta on 03.05.12 8:59

That's a real shooting-themselves-in-the-foot statement.

Remembering not just the fact that their own spokesman has used the term "mystery" look at what they say. It cannot be used UNTIL ALL OTHER AVENUES ARE EXLPORED.

Isn't it reasonable for people to explore the avenue that they know full well what happened to their daughter and exacly why the dogs alerted to blood and cadaver scent?

nomendelta

Posts : 308
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The search goes on!

Post by tweecy on 03.05.12 11:05

Does anyone else feel like screaming when these people put an exclamation mark in such an inappropriate place?
It's as if it's a joke.
They are completely unemotional, except of course when kate is being interviewed - she still has that breathing problem.

tweecy

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by sweetex on 03.05.12 11:27

I cant' stomach those sympathetic comments on that page :-(

sweetex

Posts : 281
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 09.05.12 14:44

Just found this FB page, some pics I hadnt seen before , well have a look if you can.. Seems like friends of the mccanns or just very strpng supporters running it.

https://www.facebook.com/ThinkingOfMadeleine

Also som interresting comments on the official FB page for Madeleine, Team MC seem very interrested in information from a girl : Official Find Madeleine Campaign ‎Shikha Girgla Please Email us. Webmaster@findmadeleine.com
søndag kl. 02:22 · Liker · 1

They have deletet her other messages so not sure what infoshe brought, all I figured out was that it was a link taken from a comment from a blog. But Team MC seems very interrested in this when reading the comments from them

heres another one adressing the same woman/ girl

Official Find Madeleine Campaign ‎Shikha Girgla, have you contacted the Operation Grange team via Email or phone? If not, please do so immediately. You can also send over your info to us (webmaster@findmadeleine.com) and we will get it to our liaison with Scotland Yard. Ta! ~FM Webmaster
4. mai kl. 15:33 · Liker · 9

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

update from today

Post by Guest on 09.07.12 18:43




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by russiandoll on 09.07.12 19:24

Disgusting. You have to pay for a piece of paper to stick in a car and keep the child in the minds of the public. They should be given away for free to kind hearted people who want to help find their daughter. If they had a link to a photo on their site it could be downloaded, printer paper provided at the other end, no cost to the fund. No wonder more of the general public, even though they do not read the files, are becoming skeptical about this whole 3 ring circus.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 09.07.12 19:43

@russiandoll wrote: Disgusting. You have to pay for a piece of paper to stick in a car and keep the child in the minds of the public. They should be given away for free to kind hearted people who want to help find their daughter. If they had a link to a photo on their site it could be downloaded, printer paper provided at the other end, no cost to the fund. No wonder more of the general public, even though they do not read the files, are becoming skeptical about this whole 3 ring circus.

If it was my childnandnthe story true I would bee given them out for free !! Even if payed from my own pocket. They don't ,even tough they don't have to pay for it from their own pockets . Disgusting I agree.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Cristobell on 09.07.12 20:21

@sweetex wrote:I cant' stomach those sympathetic comments on that page :-(



All 1669 of them! I am constantly amazed at the sheer numbers who press 'like' on this site. I doubt even Mark Zuckerberg could expect that kind of response!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New update today on FB

Post by Guest on 31.07.12 18:31

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Are you a taxi driver? Would you like to help in the search for Madeleine by putting up a sticker in your car? If so, please contact Turning Stones for Madeleine at tsmcampaign@hotmail.co.uk.

They will get a sticker to you in the post. Don't forget to send us pictures at Webmaster@findmadeleine.com; so we can show our other supporters how you are helping in the search. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign


wow they are giving away stickers for FREE !!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by tuom on 31.07.12 18:39

Moa wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Are you a taxi driver? Would you like to help in the search for Madeleine by putting up a sticker in your car? If so, please contact Turning Stones for Madeleine at tsmcampaign@hotmail.co.uk.

They will get a sticker to you in the post. Don't forget to send us pictures at Webmaster@findmadeleine.com; so we can show our other supporters how you are helping in the search. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign


wow they are giving away stickers for FREE !!



FREE

tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by aquarius2 on 31.07.12 18:54

@tweecy wrote:Does anyone else feel like screaming when these people put an exclamation mark in such an inappropriate place? It's as if it's a joke.They are completely unemotional, except of course when kate is being interviewed - she still has that breathing problem.

Just out of interest, I ran that posting very quickly through the Linguistic Inquiry & Word Count software (online version) to get some kind of dispassionate assessment of the level of emotionality. The results are below, with the "your data" column referring to the McCann statement and the other two columns as comparison data for formal and personal English texts. It is a very social, upbeat statement. It's not "unemotional", it's just that the negative emotions you'd expect to see expressed aren't there and instead it's almost chirpy in tone...

[img] [/img]

(That exclamation mark made me wince too)

aquarius2

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Nina on 31.07.12 20:20

@aquarius2 wrote:
@tweecy wrote:Does anyone else feel like screaming when these people put an exclamation mark in such an inappropriate place? It's as if it's a joke.They are completely unemotional, except of course when kate is being interviewed - she still has that breathing problem.

Just out of interest, I ran that posting very quickly through the Linguistic Inquiry & Word Count software (online version) to get some kind of dispassionate assessment of the level of emotionality. The results are below, with the "your data" column referring to the McCann statement and the other two columns as comparison data for formal and personal English texts. It is a very social, upbeat statement. It's not "unemotional", it's just that the negative emotions you'd expect to see expressed aren't there and instead it's almost chirpy in tone...

[img] [/img]

(That exclamation mark made me wince too)

I use them a lot, but then i am not perfect daft

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by ShuBob on 31.07.12 23:34

Moa wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Are you a taxi driver? Would you like to help in the search for Madeleine by putting up a sticker in your car? If so, please contact Turning Stones for Madeleine at tsmcampaign@hotmail.co.uk.

They will get a sticker to you in the post. Don't forget to send us pictures at Webmaster@findmadeleine.com; so we can show our other supporters how you are helping in the search. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign


wow they are giving away stickers for FREE !!

Ok, so what's going on here? I thought the whole point of allowing SY to take the lead was that the McCanns would stop their phoney campaign. Have they given up on the review then?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 01.08.12 0:11

"Thinking of Madeleine ‎(3) Oh there should be moderators on that kind of link for as long as it takes to whoosh those bullies.
10 July at 23:46 · Like"

Look - they're using the "whoosh" word and it's not even tongue-in-cheek titter

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Genbug on 01.08.12 22:30

Moa wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Are you a taxi driver? Would you like to help in the search for Madeleine by putting up a sticker in your car? If so, please contact Turning Stones for Madeleine at tsmcampaign@hotmail.co.uk.

They will get a sticker to you in the post. Don't forget to send us pictures at Webmaster@findmadeleine.com; so we can show our other supporters how you are helping in the search. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign


wow they are giving away stickers for FREE !!

Ah, but only to taxi drivers Moa! Several people there have said that they would like stickers for their cars, and this was their reply:


Official Find Madeleine Campaign Right now it is for taxi drivers. If you would like a sticker, they are included in the holiday packs and can be purchased here: http://store.findmadeleine.com/acatalog/Holiday_Packs.html
Everybody else still have to buy them...

Genbug

Posts : 186
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 01.08.12 22:37

@Genbug wrote:
Moa wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Are you a taxi driver? Would you like to help in the search for Madeleine by putting up a sticker in your car? If so, please contact Turning Stones for Madeleine at tsmcampaign@hotmail.co.uk.

They will get a sticker to you in the post. Don't forget to send us pictures at Webmaster@findmadeleine.com; so we can show our other supporters how you are helping in the search. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign


wow they are giving away stickers for FREE !!

Ah, but only to taxi drivers Moa! Several people there have said that they would like stickers for their cars, and this was their reply:


Official Find Madeleine Campaign Right now it is for taxi drivers. If you would like a sticker, they are included in the holiday packs and can be purchased here: http://store.findmadeleine.com/acatalog/Holiday_Packs.html
Everybody else still have to buy them...

what I am gobsmacked if this is the case. They want people to find Madeleine, yet they want to charge for the stickers to find their daughter, when there are thousands of pounds in the fund. I really am shocked at that answer if people are asking for them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by jd on 02.08.12 0:55

candyfloss wrote:
what I am gobsmacked if this is the case. They want people to find Madeleine, yet they want to charge for the stickers to find their daughter, when there are thousands of pounds in the fund. I really am shocked at that answer if people are asking for them.

My words exactly Candyfloss...gobsmacked. You have to 'purchase' a holiday pack to be able to get a sticker to help with the search of their daughter! Utterly amazing. It was the same with the posters, rather than have a PDF to download and print off yourself, you had to purchase something else to get one poster free or purchase the poster itself (with a maximum of 5 posters allowed to order at any one time). I liken it to buying merchandise & memorabilia from one of your favourite pop groups website....get your free poster or sticker with your order. This is not the actions of any parents trying to find their missing child in the slightest....just coining in money at every single opportunity

Do taxi drivers have to provide proof of their license to be able to get their sticker for 'free'!! All those millions they wasted on legals and fraud PI's etc could have been spent on providing anyone who wanted to help get the free posters and stickers to put up...Poor Maddie, she doesn't have a chance with parents like hers


jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Spaniel on 02.08.12 6:54

"Car sticker language"

English

Portuguese

Spainish

Is that similar to Spanish but with an English accent?

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by tigger on 02.08.12 8:02

@jd wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
what I am gobsmacked if this is the case. They want people to find Madeleine, yet they want to charge for the stickers to find their daughter, when there are thousands of pounds in the fund. I really am shocked at that answer if people are asking for them.

My words exactly Candyfloss...gobsmacked. You have to 'purchase' a holiday pack to be able to get a sticker to help with the search of their daughter! Utterly amazing. It was the same with the posters, rather than have a PDF to download and print off yourself, you had to purchase something else to get one poster free or purchase the poster itself (with a maximum of 5 posters allowed to order at any one time). I liken it to buying merchandise & memorabilia from one of your favourite pop groups website....get your free poster or sticker with your order. This is not the actions of any parents trying to find their missing child in the slightest....just coining in money at every single opportunity

Do taxi drivers have to provide proof of their license to be able to get their sticker for 'free'!! All those millions they wasted on legals and fraud PI's etc could have been spent on providing anyone who wanted to help get the free posters and stickers to put up...Poor Maddie, she doesn't have a chance with parents like hers


Could this be a cunning plan to get free taxi rides for the McCanns for the foreseeable future?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by monkey mind on 02.08.12 10:52

“our lives and those of our family have been much more bearable over the past year, simply by
knowing those stones are finally being turned.”

.....except in Murat’s drive, apparently.

“The term ‘mystery’ (commonly used by the media) is not applicable until all possible avenues have
been explored”

....what contradictory nonsense. Is the Oxford English dictionary being rewritten here?In investigatory terms a mystery or the unexplained could be considered the opposite to an open and shut case, ie one that is readily solved. In the latter, unlike the former, the need to explore “all possible avenues” is redundant.

From the Oxford online dictionaries...

Mystery: “1. Something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain:... what happened after he left home that day remains a mystery”

monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 02.08.12 11:49

All I can say is that if it was my daughter truly missing I would throw those stickers for FREE at anyone wanting to have them !! Even if I had to pay it from my own pocket and starv a week for doing it !!!



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook update from OFMC

Post by Guest on 02.08.12 11:53

At least a copy of the sticker should have been inside every copy of the book sold.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum