The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Express comments 20.2.2010

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Express comments 20.2.2010

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.02.10 17:59

HEART BREAKING FAILURES IN OUR SEARCH FOR MADELINE
20.02.10, 5:44pm

Can we all please remember that without them leaving three children under four alone each and every nigh of their holiday t there would be no need to look for Madeline.I live in the local area and I know there are very mixed feelings about the whole incident and I feel the person whose feelings are being missed in this whole farce are Madeline. All parents made mistakes and make decisions which upon reflection they woud change but this was a fundamental error which had the gravest outcome. I am afraid that Kate and gerry **** will have to live with this decisions for the rest of their lives.

• Posted by: GerryH • Report Comment

++++++++++

HEARTBREAKING?
20.02.10, 5:28pm

Funny, they didn't look heartbroken just after their daughter disappeared. They came out of the church on her fourth birthday looking like they'd just got married.
Failures in the search? When did they search?

When they went to Morocco, supposedly because there were credible sightings, did they tramp round the places where **** was supposed to have been seen, showing her photograph and asking people if they'd seen her? No! They accepted flowers from children, went to a few meetings and complained that only an older prop plane had been made available to them!

Then there was that ransom demand, when Gerry sat sucking a lollipop and chatting about football when they were waiting for a phone call about the ransom.

And their dodgy detectives? Metodo 3: one charged with stealing cocaine and others suspected of paying witnesses in Morocco. Oakley International? The boss is on remand, charged with money laundering and fraud. Dave Edgar? Sat in his office and never bothered to check out the details of the Victoria Beckham looky-likey before they showed that silly e-fit!

So, why not stop spending so much time suing and get themselves out to those "lawless villages," where their defective, I mean their detective, thinks that **** is being held in a "hellish lair," not having come to any harm, you understand!

• Posted by: myosotis • Report Comment

++++++++++

WE SHOULDN'T BE TALKING ABOUT BLAME....
20.02.10, 3:36pm

....that the Portugese Police acted like Keystone Cops there is no doubt, their so called investigation was done quickly so that the case wouldn't harm tourism in the area. A little girl is still missing, maybe held by a peadophile, someone somewhere must know something. We know that white slavery goes on in North Africa, but not inverstigated because we don't want to upset the African Nations, it's all political. All Holiday makers must keep and eye out for Madeline this Summer, she could be anywhere by now

• Posted by: Disgruntled • Report Comment

++++++++++

HIDE AND SEEK
20.02.10, 2:20pm

This could be resolved quite easily if the **** told either of the authorities where they put her body in the first place !

• Posted by: pym • Report Comment

++++++++++

HEARTBREAKING
20.02.10, 12:37pm

It must indeed be heartbreaking for The **** to discover that new leads have been marked Irrelevant and then filed by The PJ. And all in the name of tourism, rather than admit that Portugal is no better or worse than anywhere else. It is a disgrace.

I wouldn't stay away from Portugal for fear of what might happen to my child, I would be much more concerned about The Police, and I now wonder if they ever did look for that poor child.

• Posted by: Omega • Report Comment

++++++++++

FREE TO COMMENT AT LAST!!
20.02.10, 10:20am

At last we are free to comment on the ++++ case. Congratulations Express! Let's hope they won't target your paper for another half million quid for their "fund".

It's a joke that they claim to be having to "beg for cooperation between British and Portuguese authorities"
Maybe they could start by formally requesting that Scotland Yard investigate it - something they have never done!! Followed by another to have the case reopened!

Secondly - their main reason for banning Amarel's book - i.e. that it will hamper the search for their daughter is more than absurd. What search?? A bogus detective agency headed by a fraudster?

They certainly set an example themselves for people to search for Madaleine by actually going to bed at 3.00am on the night she disappeared - while hundreds of others kept up the immediate search - and then went jogging the next morning. Any normal person with children knows that it would be impossible to do this -you couldn't possibly retire for the night because you would be scouring every cranny til you dropped. They are such sociopaths that they couldn't even see how utterly weird their actions appeared.
These two are clearly guilty, that's not in doubt. The bigger question is how can they wield such power? Their protectors - whoever they are - must be very, very scared of what the Ms have on them.

• Posted by: magyartitkosugynok • Report Comment

++++++++++

BACKLASH OF THE GLOBAL MEDIA CIRCUS
20.02.10, 10:06am

This incredible case looks as though it will remain in the news for years to come. At the time of the disappearance I was scathing of the parents, in fact, the entire holiday group, who left their children unattended.

No one seems sure what really happened. Abduction? Maybe. Global media circus? Certainly. The ****'s were ill advised by a continuing line of 'spokespersons'. It was unreal.

I was disgusted that they went as far as to visit the pope. What on earth prompted this? The case became a media frenzy and a backlash was the only outcome.

I'm sorry to say that the parents have only themselves to blame for the disappearance of the poor little girl, for the media hype, and most certainly for playing off the police in Portugal and the UK off each other, not to mention wasting millions of pounds of hard earned public money by employing a never ending list of private investigators.

It is apparent from the anguish on the face of Kate **** that the pain from this experience is growing with each waking day, but as others have mentioned, if they were not prepared to travel to Portugal for a reconstruction how on earth can they expect the police to take any further interest in this case?

• Posted by: Sparkfilms • Report Comment

++++++++++

SICK AND TIRED
20.02.10, 8:57am

...of seeing these two moaning on about the police actions. They through negligence caused all this. They should not have left three small children unattended.They are the only people who should shoulder the blame .

• Posted by: Johnnyboy • Report Comment

++++++++++

BLAME!!!
20.02.10, 8:07am

Blame, Blame, Blame!!!

They talk about the police not investigating leads, if they and their friends had all gone back and done a reconstruction like they were asked to, then they may have been leads to follow.

• Posted by: pollyti • Report Comment

++++++++++

'HEART-BREAKING’ FAILURES IN SEARCH FOR OUR MADELEINE
20.02.10, 6:30am

What would be the point of investigating an abduction when there is no evidence that one took place?. The ****'s know the case is unlikey to be reopened & have pounced on that to make themselves look good. it is also strange how they want to prevent people from reading a book based on facts. what can they possibly be worried about.....presuming they're innocent of course!.

• Posted by: hifiwizard • Report Comment

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express comments 20.2.2010

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 1:58

So is no-one making any comments on what motivates the McCanns to pester the HO and meet up with Cameron to push for a re-investigation?

I'm still trying to figure it out...anyone shed any insight. I don't think it is deflection, its something more - just need to figure out what

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A theory for kangdang to chew over

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.02.10 9:04

@kangdang wrote:So is no-one making any comments on what motivates the McCanns to pester the HO and meet up with Cameron to push for a re-investigation?

I'm still trying to figure it out...anyone shed any insight. I don't think it is deflection, its something more - just need to figure out what
Right...so we know about this:

SUN:

"A source close to the couple revealed they have had several meetings with Home Secretary Alan Johnson and other officials to discuss a case review".

MAIL:

"The desperate mother of three and her husband Gerry had a face-to-face meeting with Home Secretary Alan Johnson to plead for Interpol to review the botched Portuguese investigation".

I didn't know they'd also been to see Dave Cameron btw.

How about...round the time the General Election is called, the government announces that a special team from Scotland Yard, or perhaps the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA), or maybe even CEOP, has been tasked to carry out an 'urgent and in-depth' review of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in conjunction with the Portuguese police, which will concentrate on all those leads that Ricardo Pavia and his incompetent colleagues said were not being followed up as they were 'irrelevant'.

Plus of course a pre-organised press conference carefully times to win maximum media exposure at which Clarence Mitchell says: "This is the news that Kate and Gerry have been waiting for...at last all those leads which the Portuguese police negligently failed to follow up will be pursued in the hope that they give us that vital one piece of information that will help us find Madeleine.

Do you have an alternative therory, kangdang?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 21.02.10 9:45

Maybe they are hedging their bets by sounding out members of the possibly next government.

Maybe trying to find out if a review would gain them access to the unpublished files.

Whatever it is, neither Kate nor Gerry look at all comfortable these days. Never mind the weeks following the disappearance of Madeleine, Kate looks a shadow of the woman who travelled to Brussels to launch the Amber Alert.

justagrannynow 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.02.10 10:22

@kangdang wrote:So is no-one making any comments on what motivates the McCanns to pester the HO and meet up with Cameron to push for a re-investigation?

Most likely getting him on side to their abduction story first, otherwise trouble time ahead!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.02.10 10:31

@justagrannynow 1 wrote:Maybe they are hedging their bets by sounding out members of the possibly next government.

Maybe trying to find out if a review would gain them access to the unpublished files.

Whatever it is, neither Kate nor Gerry look at all comfortable these days. Never mind the weeks following the disappearance of Madeleine, Kate looks a shadow of the woman who travelled to Brussels to launch the Amber Alert.

What was CM political allegiance before?

Did he switch just to go along with the flow of current to enable him to have the clout to continue to keep the lid on.

Mccanns was reported as having met Cameron together with CM. CM is still v. much tge media and lid controller it would seem. Anyway, its all v. strange this sudden burst of them having contacted the Home Office and potential Political leader - the timing of announcement is an agenda in itself.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 11:37

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Right...so we know about this:

SUN:

"A source close to the couple revealed they have had several meetings with Home Secretary Alan Johnson and other officials to discuss a case review".

MAIL:

"The desperate mother of three and her husband Gerry had a face-to-face meeting with Home Secretary Alan Johnson to plead for Interpol to review the botched Portuguese investigation".

I didn't know they'd also been to see Dave Cameron btw.

How about...round the time the General Election is called, the government announces that a special team from Scotland Yard, or perhaps the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA), or maybe even CEOP, has been tasked to carry out an 'urgent and in-depth' review of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in conjunction with the Portuguese police, which will concentrate on all those leads that Ricardo Pavia and his incompetent colleagues said were not being followed up as they were 'irrelevant'.

Plus of course a pre-organised press conference carefully times to win maximum media exposure at which Clarence Mitchell says: "This is the news that Kate and Gerry have been waiting for...at last all those leads which the Portuguese police negligently failed to follow up will be pursued in the hope that they give us that vital one piece of information that will help us find Madeleine.

Do you have an alternative therory, kangdang?

No, i have no theory at the moment Tony. Except perhaps..that the Mc's know it's sure bet that the case will not be revisited, funds dry up, they theatrically throw in the towel stating that they have done all they could - That PI investigations will have to be scaled down etc etc etc. Maddie media circus dies, and the Mc's ride off into the distance wearing their 'woe is us' and 'hard done by' T-shirts. Tbh i;m struggling with this one, it makes little sense.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 11:39

@justagrannynow 1 wrote:Maybe they are hedging their bets by sounding out members of the possibly next government.

Yes i noticed that too, she looks trodden. Something has changed.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Memory lapse

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.02.10 11:49

@kangdang wrote:No, i have no theory at the moment Tony. Except perhaps..that the Mc's know it's sure bet that the case will not be revisited, funds dry up, they theatrically throw in the towel stating that they have done all they could - That PI investigations will have to be scaled down etc etc etc. Maddie media circus dies, and the Mc's ride off into the distance wearing their 'woe is us' and 'hard done by' T-shirts. Tbh i;m struggling with this one, it makes little sense.
You forgot the bit about the paedophile Raymond Hewlett dying and taking his secrets about Madeleine to the grave

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 11:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@kangdang wrote:No, i have no theory at the moment Tony. Except perhaps..that the Mc's know it's sure bet that the case will not be revisited, funds dry up, they theatrically throw in the towel stating that they have done all they could - That PI investigations will have to be scaled down etc etc etc. Maddie media circus dies, and the Mc's ride off into the distance wearing their 'woe is us' and 'hard done by' T-shirts. Tbh i;m struggling with this one, it makes little sense.
You forgot the bit about the paedophile Raymond Hewlett dying and taking his secrets about Madeleine to the grave

ah yes, of course. You know.. he is a long time dying, last year he had weeks left. It wouldn't surprise me if a deal has been struck up with his wife, for her to reveal compelling info once he is dead. Kerching!

Not sure you if you have seen this site, its interesting - http://raymondhewlett.blogspot.com/

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 21.02.10 12:14

Hi
One of the things that I have always found a little odd is the "safety in numbers" aspect.

If I recall rightly Ben Needham never received all this attention and intervention from powerful people when he disappeared. Based upon the McCann's way of looking, there is no evidence to prove that he has been harmed and so one must presume that he is out there somewhere waiting to be found just like Madeleine. So who is searching for him?

What is it Madeleine has that Ben didn't that warrants her and her family receiving so much more assistance than him and his family received?

Surely, somewhere deep inside their hearts the McCann's must have wondered the fairness of this too. Surely joining forces with other parents in the same situation as they are in could have put great pressure on the powers that be to launch an international campaign of awareness and might even have opened closed doors for searching for all the children.

Instead the McCanns make a promise that once Madeleine is found they will use any fund money left to help other children in a situation similar to Madeleine. The likelihood of that seems rare as they beg for more because, they tell us, the fund is getting low.

I just wonder if a lot more could have been done that would have benefited all the missing children if they had joined together with others.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 21.02.10 17:12

When Ben went missing the Media wasnt running 24 hour news. The internet was non existant. Thats a HUGE difference.
Had Ben have gone missing now I think things would have been a lot different.

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 21.02.10 19:35

@bunny wrote:When Ben went missing the Media wasnt running 24 hour news. The internet was non existant. Thats a HUGE difference.

They had a campaign going then (posters and tv) Just all we had then was the 30 minute local news and probably a 2 minute section in the national news.

whoknowsthetruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 19:55

@bunny wrote:When Ben went missing the Media wasnt running 24 hour news. The internet was non existant. Thats a HUGE difference.

Absolutely, with out a doubt.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 21.02.10 22:43

Most of those Comments are the Result of Campaigns on MCF and MM.
The Real Test would be for You and Others to Allow One OPen Comments Section without Such a Campaign and THEN see what Happened.

aliberte2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 21.02.10 23:19

@aliberte2 wrote:Most of those Comments are the Result of Campaigns on MCF and MM.
The Real Test would be for You and Others to Allow One OPen Comments Section without Such a Campaign and THEN see what Happened.

Concur. I feel the very same about the polls doing the rounds on pro/anti sites, they are worthless...they mean jack shit. i would be more than interested to see the opinions and thoughts of others not so embroiled in the case - in fact i wonder if any comments would be left, most people (that i know anyway) are not interested in the anymore.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 22.02.10 10:26

You just had to read how they gloated how many times they left messages. What do tey think it does? It makes the public aware what a bunch of idiots they really are (the anti's)

whoknowsthetruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.02.10 10:55

@kangdang wrote:
@aliberte2 wrote:Most of those Comments are the Result of Campaigns on MCF and MM.

Concur. I feel the very same about the polls doing the rounds on pro/anti sites, they are worthless...they mean jack shit. i would be more than interested to see the opinions and thoughts of others not so embroiled in the case - in fact i wonder if any comments would be left, most people (that i know anyway) are not interested in the anymore.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.02.10 11:00

The papers still had Diana to sell their papers.

News was on for a couple of hours a day.

Can you imagine the pressure of having to fill news, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Back then it was about leaving out as much as possible, today it's about finding as much as possible.

Like the Norwich murders - 24 hours a day, interviewing people who had visited Norwich 7 years ago for an hour and a half. Desperation to fill news minutes. Celebrity culture, blah, blah, blah.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 22.02.10 16:03

Hi
Yep that's very true for sure.

The little boy is still missing now though with no evidence to prove he has been harmed so why can't his case be sort of resurrected and given all this attention that Madeleine receives now? Maybe I am missing something but for all the children who went missing before the internet and early morning t.v. and who haven't yet been found, would we say it's hard lines as they went missing at the wrong time?

I am not meaning to be contrary or difficult but every child's life is as valuable and as precious as the next child's and I do wonder how it can be justified that one child receives such massive input into her disappearance and the others seem to receive very little.

I know that the McCann's have kindly said that spare money from the fund will be used for other children once Madeleine is found but the likelihood of that seems remote. The McCann's have shown us that by being persistent and tapping into appropriate people in power you can almost move a mountain and for that I admire them but the attention that Madeleine has received should be readily available to all families regardless of how much like a Jack Russel terrier they can behave.

I also suppose that it could be very traumatic to start reliving it again for the parents. Lots of pros and conns I suppose - just never felt fair to me that's all.

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 22.02.10 16:08

Didn't you read Tony's opinion on Ben's case?

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 22.02.10 16:09

I'm sure Bens mum would be horrified if her boy had gone missing and she received the same treatment as the McCanns, as it was she got a fair bit of nastiness even in those kinder days.

I'm not sure that it can be argued that Madeleine case has had any more of an input than any other missing child case, police practices change with time and experience and sure new techniologies can be used. But I'm not sure it can be argued that 24 hour rolling news and endless speculations and a need to find a 'bad guy' to blame helps the missing child that much.

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 22.02.10 16:12

But Tony has the case of Ben solved.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 22.02.10 16:16

@jmbd wrote:But Tony has the case of Ben solved.

Can you point me in the direction of the relevant leaflet thanks?

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 22.02.10 16:22

@Kololi wrote:Hi
Yep that's very true for sure.

The little boy is still missing now though with no evidence to prove he has been harmed so why can't his case be sort of resurrected and given all this attention that Madeleine receives now? Maybe I am missing something but for all the children who went missing before the internet and early morning t.v. and who haven't yet been found, would we say it's hard lines as they went missing at the wrong time?

I am not meaning to be contrary or difficult but every child's life is as valuable and as precious as the next child's and I do wonder how it can be justified that one child receives such massive input into her disappearance and the others seem to receive very little.

I know that the McCann's have kindly said that spare money from the fund will be used for other children once Madeleine is found but the likelihood of that seems remote. The McCann's have shown us that by being persistent and tapping into appropriate people in power you can almost move a mountain and for that I admire them but the attention that Madeleine has received should be readily available to all families regardless of how much like a Jack Russel terrier they can behave.

I also suppose that it could be very traumatic to start reliving it again for the parents. Lots of pros and conns I suppose - just never felt fair to me that's all.

Take care

Kololi, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the UK who was 18+ 20 years ago who didn't hear at the time, or doesn't remember the name Ben Needham today. If he went missing today he would receive the same press attention as Madeleine, although let's hope somewhat more constructive and more truthful, since the press may have learnt from their mistakes.

The same way as there was round the clock news over the Matthews case.

Times have just changed.

Odds on if Kerry Needham or any parent of a missing child rang up Sky news this afternoon to ask for publicity they would get it.

Will the McCanns still be in the public eye in 20 years?

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum