The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Crimewatch BBC1 now

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crimewatch BBC1 now

Post by tuom on 01.05.12 22:45

"taken" "missing" "abducted" " kidnapped" "let down" Time for Take your pick

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 01.05.12 23:05

@nomendelta wrote:A week ago the same channel broadcast a show which included the Portuguese lawyer of Kate McCann bemoaning the fact that she cannot speak to people in Portugal about the case because everyone thinks the McCanns killed their daughter.

This week Andy Pandy of the Yard is telling us Portuguese police agree with the abduction thesis?

Feck, this is getting worse than I ever dreamt.

PMSL at andy pandy, this is going two ways, the man is a dick and part of a whitewash or the british met police are playing a blinder

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom on 01.05.12 23:47

@friedtomatoes wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:A week ago the same channel broadcast a show which included the Portuguese lawyer of Kate McCann bemoaning the fact that she cannot speak to people in Portugal about the case because everyone thinks the McCanns killed their daughter.

This week Andy Pandy of the Yard is telling us Portuguese police agree with the abduction thesis?

PMSL at andy pandy, this is going two ways, the man is a dick and part of a whitewash or the british met police are playing a blinder

Crimewatch Update ......60 calls so will that be 195 + 60 new leads ?

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 02.05.12 0:26

@tuom wrote: Crimewatch Update ......60 calls so will that be 195 + 60 new leads ?

196. A British couple discussing a theory in their front room

Ooops sorry, we are not allowed to discuss theories are we notme

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blimunda on 02.05.12 0:28

@friedtomatoes wrote:

And why should the great SY be playing a blinder?!
This is for me a whitewash, I just don't know if the Portuguese will go along with it or not, even if pretending not to. I'll be glad to swallow some frogs if I'm wrong winkwink
Time will tell.

Blimunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.05.12 7:05

Maybe the statement that both the PJ and SY agree she was 'taken' was made because of the outrageous accusation last week that the PJ did either nothing right or everything wrong, besides the obvious crime of being foreign and fond of sardines.

This makes it sound as if they're mates now.
Tell you what: In future I'll believe what SY tells me only if it's backed up by another countries' police force.

The whitewash has been going on for five years now, perhaps the job was given to SY because nobody believes politicians anymore. SY - imo - had credibility at one time. Now it seems they've just got bigger brushes and 'one coat covers' paint.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 02.05.12 8:49

I didn't see the main programme just the update and please did anyone who also saw it confirm or otherwise what I heard. AR was speaking of the new photofit and said, I am sure, either the parents or Kate and Gerry, not sure of the titles but then said 'agree that this is Madeleine' not a likeness, or what she might look like but that it is Madeleine. How could they be so sure?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 02.05.12 9:03

I think that's just Andy Pandy of the Yard stumbling over his words - when you're lying thru your teeth you sometimes do trip yourself up!

The photifit likeness is just a joke. I lived in Spain until a few months ago and I could have pointed to at least 3 Spanish girls that look enough like that photo to wonder. I also have an English acquaintance on the Costa Del Sol and both her daughters look very like the photo. Bring that search to Britain and there's bound to be more likenesses. How anyone with a straight face can say this is going to help fidn Madeleine is beyond me. What I will guarantee it WILL do is generate lots more false leads..

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 02.05.12 10:12

@Nina wrote:I didn't see the main programme just the update and please did anyone who also saw it confirm or otherwise what I heard. AR was speaking of the new photofit and said, I am sure, either the parents or Kate and Gerry, not sure of the titles but then said 'agree that this is Madeleine' not a likeness, or what she might look like but that it is Madeleine. How could they be so sure?

K & G had been working with the artist and Redwood's words in the update were that the photo "looks like Madeleine", hmmmmmm!

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 02.05.12 11:22

I watched that bit of Crimewatch.

DCI Redwood's words were taken as part of a criminal act, and that there is a possiblity that Madeleine is alive.

I think that, perhaps, these are words which, on the face of it, are rather less bold statements in support of abduction and proof of life than last week's offerings. At least, that is my inference.

mydadsanastronaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 02.05.12 11:38

The programme is on Iplayer now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b01h7pn4/

It starts around 29.30 minutes in. Mr Redwood is also called DCI George Barr.
big grin

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya on 02.05.12 22:54

Blimey, now Crimewatch has been whooshed. (This programme is no longer available - programmes are only available for a limited time after broadcast. Yeah, but that is normally 7 days!) It looks as though someone must have gone off message. Feeling sorry for anyone who had a genuine crime they want information about in last night's programme - it's not going to reach a very wide audience.

Ashwarya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 03.05.12 0:16

Surely they have not taken it off just because of the mccanns...must be another reason

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.05.12 2:01

ell,
@jd wrote:Surely they have not taken it off just because of the mccanns...must be another reason

Nope, the McCanns and their attack dogs (CR) make threathening noises to anyone who doesn't abide by their party line, the big question is WHY?

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 03.05.12 9:14

here is the appeal from crimewatch, please delete if already posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzXsLHSn-lM

No usual Crimewatch reconstruction using actors I note.
There was, as on Panorama, an appeal for British or Portuguese police to be contacted by holidaymakers or people in that area, 5 years after the event. I am thinking this is aimed at people who did not speak to the authorities but who contacted the helpline? To redirect their info in other words. Would anyone who in 5 years had not passed info to any party [because they never had any, presumably] be able to think hard now and remember someone or something which might assist the investigation?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom on 03.05.12 12:29

@friedtomatoes wrote:

Hi friedtomatoes , What you just said there "playing a blinder" my husband actually said that to me , he reckons SY may be getting close to something important not known to anyone even the MCS Just his opinion , I really do not know what to think

tuom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 03.05.12 12:42

Hi Tuom, who knows? That is the general impression I got.I have read that police do keep things close to their chest. Time wil tell. Perhaps they will see something in those spy satellite images they are supposed to just have been given by the Americans.

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 03.05.12 12:53

I would love to know the police are playing a blinder...but...but...but...

If the police KNOW what we suspect they should know (ie that Kate and Gerry know exactly what happened to Madeleine and why the dogs traced blood and cadaver scent) then why would they play along with the McCanns like this? There is no reason ESPECIALLY since the publicity will a) boost the fund (which of course is illegal if the McCanns DO know what happened) and b) create lots of false leads with the new "sightings" that are inevitable with the photofit.

So if they are "playing a blinder" I don't see how helping a possibly fraudulent fund and generating false time-wasting leads is going to sit well if SY later turn around and nab the parents.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum