The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Means and Motive etc

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Cherry on 19.02.10 23:37

I dont know but if something happened and they did all cover it up perhaps they could have all been invoved in something which they would not want to be known. Also there has been much talk of involvement of freemasonry and if they are freemasons I believe it is in the freemason rules to cover up for fellow freemasons.

Cherry

Posts : 2150
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Pascal on 19.02.10 23:39

So Bunny do you think that it is impossible that the McCanns and their friends could have something to cover up? Impossible? Really?

Pascal

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by twinkle on 19.02.10 23:39

@bunny wrote:See, I have never understood that at all. Why on earth would anyone having found their Daughter dead think about their careers first?

And really is it possible that every single (you stated "they all") friend in that group would agree to cover it up?

I don't know one person who wouldnt run screaming and shouting to the nearest police station that I was trying to cover up the death of my child!

9 people and you believe they all agreed to cover it up?

Autumn, how many friends do you have that would cover up for you? would you cover up for one of your friends in that situation?

As I said it was something I leaned towards initially.
I didn't think they all were involved, just probably two. Only one of those being her parent.
Sometimes people do place their jobs, lifestyle before their families.............obviously this would be an example in the extreme.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:40

Its not about possibility....many things are possible. The point is, its possible (as is the possibility of Amarals involvement in the abduction) but its highly improbable.

I think this is just a step into the realms of the ridiculous.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Cherry on 19.02.10 23:43

There may be no means or motive which can be evidenced but it has to be relevant that I believe Police statistics show that when children go missing in the majority of cases the parents are involved, therefore there can be understandable suspicions which it appears the UK Police had themselves.

Cherry

Posts : 2150
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:43

@twinkle wrote:
@bunny wrote:See, I have never understood that at all. Why on earth would anyone having found their Daughter dead think about their careers first?

And really is it possible that every single (you stated "they all") friend in that group would agree to cover it up?

I don't know one person who wouldnt run screaming and shouting to the nearest police station that I was trying to cover up the death of my child!

9 people and you believe they all agreed to cover it up?

Autumn, how many friends do you have that would cover up for you? would you cover up for one of your friends in that situation?

As I said it was something I leaned towards initially.
I didn't think they all were involved, just probably two. Only one of those being her parent.
Sometimes people do place their jobs, lifestyle before their families.............obviously this would be an example in the extreme.

Now that I can comprehend that, although I don't believe that for one second. But as you say even that would be the extreme Then when you see that there is nothing else to support them being capable of that. no history etc then it IMO becomes highly unlikely.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by twinkle on 19.02.10 23:44

Highly improbable I can get.
Stepping into the realms of the ridiculous is your take on it.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:45

@Cherry wrote:There may be no means or motive which can be evidenced but it has to be relevant that I believe Police statistics show that when children go missing in the majority of cases the parents are involved, therefore there can be understandable suspicions which it appears the UK Police had themselves.

Agree that the parents had to looked at....even the Mccanns agreed with that. A statistic is just that though....a statistic, not fact and never became fact as the Police investigated and found no evidence.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:46

@twinkle wrote:Highly improbable I can get.
Stepping into the realms of the ridiculous is your take on it.
So you dont think the nine of them being involved is ridiculous?

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Cherry on 19.02.10 23:48

Whether that is found no evidence or no evidence that would stick I am not sure. It has been said a Police investigation is still going on in UK. From what I understand they were not officially cleared in Portugal either. Time will tell.

Cherry

Posts : 2150
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by twinkle on 19.02.10 23:48

@bunny wrote:
@twinkle wrote:
@bunny wrote:See, I have never understood that at all. Why on earth would anyone having found their Daughter dead think about their careers first?

And really is it possible that every single (you stated "they all") friend in that group would agree to cover it up?

I don't know one person who wouldnt run screaming and shouting to the nearest police station that I was trying to cover up the death of my child!

9 people and you believe they all agreed to cover it up?

Autumn, how many friends do you have that would cover up for you? would you cover up for one of your friends in that situation?

As I said it was something I leaned towards initially.
I didn't think they all were involved, just probably two. Only one of those being her parent.
Sometimes people do place their jobs, lifestyle before their families.............obviously this would be an example in the extreme.

Now that I can comprehend that, although I don't believe that for one second. But as you say even that would be the extreme Then when you see that there is nothing else to support them being capable of that. no history etc then it IMO becomes highly unlikely.

I agree highly unlikely.........and not something I think now, although as a fencie I do take on all theories with interest (well maybe not all) rather than dismissing them.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by twinkle on 19.02.10 23:50

@bunny wrote:
@twinkle wrote:Highly improbable I can get.
Stepping into the realms of the ridiculous is your take on it.
So you dont think the nine of them being involved is ridiculous?

Yes I do, I am relating this to my previous post about only two being involved.

twinkle

Posts : 452
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Pascal on 19.02.10 23:50

@bunny wrote:Its not about possibility....many things are possible. The point is, its possible (as is the possibility of Amarals involvement in the abduction) but its highly improbable.

I think this is just a step into the realms of the ridiculous.

well you're welcome to your opinion.

Pascal

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:51

I've heard that theory before, many times. So it wasnt dismissed straight away without thought Twinkle.I have given my reasons for not giving it much credence, much in the same way as you have to have changed your mind.

So we have approached it in the same manner I would say.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Pascal on 19.02.10 23:52

Although I think the abduction theory is ridiculous. But not impossible.

Pascal

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:53

@twinkle wrote:
@bunny wrote:
@twinkle wrote:Highly improbable I can get.
Stepping into the realms of the ridiculous is your take on it.
So you dont think the nine of them being involved is ridiculous?

Yes I do, I am relating this to my previous post about only two being involved.

Thanks, I wanted to clarifiy that I had got the right end of the stick.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 19.02.10 23:54

@Pascal wrote:Although I think the abduction theory is ridiculous. But not impossible.

If you have the energy as well as the inclination I'd love to hear why you think that. I know its late so maybe another day?

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Pascal on 20.02.10 0:07

Now that I can comprehend that, although I don't believe that for one second. But as you say even that would be the extreme Then when you see that there is nothing else to support them being capable of that. no history etc then it IMO becomes highly unlikely.

So what? Crime starts somewhere. Why do you need a history to commit a crime? This is the bit that bothers me about that post. Why do we need something to support them being capable? Accidents happen Bunny. Tragic terrible accidents. No one meant it, it just happened. Human error.

Unless there was a spooks style operation in place to lift this little girl from her bed, I would expect an intruder to leave some trace behind, something which didn't need to be picked up by forensics. There was nothing.

How probable is that?

Pascal

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Kololi on 20.02.10 8:28

Hi
I have not seen anything that presents well enough to convince me that Madeleine's parents had a motive to deliberately harm her. Why would they want to harm her?

When their "me time" went wrong I can imagine that they had incredible motives to fib. They are intelligent people and they had had a wake up call already when Madeleine had told them her and her brother had been crying the night before but they had ignored it because "it was their holiday too".

The public were never told about that until it was sneaked out, supposedly in an effort to take the good press away from them when they were off to Europe presenting their child alert scheme. They appeared to me to be furious that this piece of information might put them in a bad light in the public eye and in the thoughts of those closer to them and tried to play it down. They were asking for help and money and trust that they had not done wrong from the public so surely it was right that they were honest with the public too?

If, and its an opinionated if, they were not checking those children as often as they said they stood to lose an awful lot. Reputations, lifestyles and careers could be shot alongside suffering the wrath of their families, friends, neighbours, Joe public and of course the authorities if it was found that they had been neglectful. Hence, a very strong motive to cover their own backsides when Madeleine was found to be missing by fibbing and scribbling some make believe time line on a book cover that reads more like a game of musical chairs at a child's party.

Take care

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 20.02.10 8:37

Well said Kololi, you have expressed exactly what I feel. clapping

People do indeed go to extraordinary lengths to protect their reputations. I recall reading about the businessman who killed his wife and teenage daughter before setting the house alight and killing himself rather than face the shame of his impending bankruptcy. Sorry I cannot remember the family name bt it was within the last ear. e also shot the family dogs and orses before bocking the drive with a horsebox

justagrannynow 1

Posts : 966
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by bunny on 20.02.10 8:56

@Pascal wrote:
Now that I can comprehend that, although I don't believe that for one second. But as you say even that would be the extreme Then when you see that there is nothing else to support them being capable of that. no history etc then it IMO becomes highly unlikely.

So what? Crime starts somewhere. Why do you need a history to commit a crime? This is the bit that bothers me about that post. Why do we need something to support them being capable? Accidents happen Bunny. Tragic terrible accidents. No one meant it, it just happened. Human error.

Unless there was a spooks style operation in place to lift this little girl from her bed, I would expect an intruder to leave some trace behind, something which didn't need to be picked up by forensics. There was nothing.

How probable is that?

Terrible accidents happen, yes. But concealing the death of a child!

As for the forensics......the first sweep and the competence of that first sweep IMO is questionable. Therefore we are left with the fact that there could well have been forensic evidence missed at that point.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Cath on 20.02.10 9:29

@Autumn wrote:
@Kololi wrote:Hi
I would go with no motive to harm Madeleine but lots of motive to perhaps tell porky pies once they discovered that she was missing.

Take care

Its almost inconceivable to think that anyone would wish to deliberatly harm Madeleine but, sadly, that possiblilty cannot be ruled out. My belief is that she was fatally injured in the apartment and maybe, because they all feared being charged with neglect, they agreed to cover-up what had happened. As doctors, presumably they stood to lose their jobs and reputations had they been prosecuted for neglect - as they say, a little lie becomes a big lie. I sometimes wonder if they could turn the clock back if things would have turned out differently.

And how would that fit in with all of them admitting they had dinner and left their children alone in the apartment(s)?
How would they know that wouldn't make them vulnerable as well for neglect charges according to Portuguese law?

Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 20.02.10 10:05

@bunny wrote: More significantly, there is absolutely no character history to indicate any of these people have the psychological mind set to both commit a terrible crime (perfectly) and then go on to parade their criminality in our faces though setting up a fraudulent fund and barefaced maintaining the lie over a substantial period of time. Any ‘normal’ person attempting to do this would have collapsed under the strain. Only a psychopath could maintain such a level of incongruity, and there is nothing in either character history (let alone both or more) to indicate psychopathy. Psychopaths cannot sustain careers, jobs, friendships, relationships; they lie, cheat and damage people around them. Anyone who has ever been ‘close’ to a psychopath knows it, even if they cannot put a diagnostic term upon it. Psychopaths are not created overnight, they leave a long history trail behind them, and there is nothing in the McCann family histories to indicate anything of the sort, and significant indicators to rule them out of this category. These are facts.

In response to Lynx post yesterday at 7.30pm, I cannot access my response to the OP as I am no longer a member of MM, but as I recall, it was this particular paragraph which caused me the most concern. Apart from the inaccurate description of psychopathy which I have answered in a previous post, the certainty with which Snoop claims that there is no character history to indicate psychopathy, alarmed me.

Psychopathy is an extremely complex condition, difficult to diagnose, requiring a prolonged assessment by a qualified practitioner who would be bound by the medical rule of confidentiality. If Snoop is so certain of his facts because he has access to the medical records, then he is a disgrace to his profession. If not, then he is in no better position than the rest of us who rely on speculation and state our opinions with a tad less pomposity and the occasional IMO. Snoop states these are facts, not opinions. For the sake of a profession which I devoted my working life to, and which I hold in high regard, I do so hope these are not facts.

justagrannynow 1

Posts : 966
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by Cath on 20.02.10 11:19

It's Inyx, my name.
I-n-y-x ..... a Latin name for a girl. Not a lynx


Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Means and Motive etc

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 20.02.10 11:49

Inyx wrote:It's Inyx, my name.
I-n-y-x ..... a Latin name for a girl. Not a lynx


So sorry :oops:

justagrannynow 1

Posts : 966
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum