The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by auntiefi on 28.04.12 7:27

Well that interview certainly has a few good revealing moments.... admitted that he thinks she is still alive is NOT a balanced view - he should be open minded to both possibilities - and as for the evidence, the EVIDENCE (not the wishy washy bullcrap witness statements from the fairy tale writing Tapas crew!), indicates that there was a death in the apartment that night, how can he NOT mention these factors. If a child has been 'missing' for years with no sign nor sound from her, the likelihood is certainly NOT that she is alive - there is a very minuscule possibility someone else died in the apartment before and that someone is treating her like a princess.
I really have no idea what is going on - and why Portugal would allow themselves to be bullied in this way. I've always believed the evidence and facts in this case would be too large to sweep under the proverbial carpet....

auntiefi

Posts : 17
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Woofer on 28.04.12 10:18

Could be we`re all reacting because AR has said they are investigating with both possibilities in mind:-

1. That she may still be alive (which he believes she may be) - this is why they`ve produced the new image.

2. That she is dead (I can`t find him saying she`s been abducted by a stranger, so is this just press lies?).

This could mean that he has split his team into 2 sections - one following the `alive` and one following the `dead`.

It`s hard for me to defend him, but I`ve been through the last 3 videos and I can`t find anything he says that favours the McCanns. (Please point it out to me if you can).

He has talked about the 195 leads from `historic material` ( I assume this must be from Dave Edgar, Metodo3 or Halligen - remember the PJ don`t allow P.Is and SY are now including the P.Is info). He also says `plus other very promising lines of enquiry. Bilton talks about FRESH evidence in addition to the review leads. But he doesn`t say whether these `leads` belong in the `alive` category or the `dead` category.

He admits they are only 1/4 of the way through.

He says these broadcasts are being made in full collaboration with the Porto Team. So are the Porto Team just reacting to the exaggerated press reports?

I tend to think we are all reacting merely to press reports rather than studying exactly what he said.

What I question is why the Home Office refused to say why they chose this case above all others. So someone said its because Cameron is a parent, but that`s stupid because what about all the other cases? Why is this case so special?

I also did not like AR`s superior attitude in saying they are bringing Porto `the best quality help to assist them in making their decision` - bit like saying the Porto team need it.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

...the evidence of...a criminal act..undertaken by a stranger...other cases where people have been found alive

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.04.12 10:40

@Woofer wrote:Could be we`re all reacting because AR has said they are investigating with both possibilities in mind:-

1. That she may still be alive

2. That she is dead (I can't find him saying she's been abducted by a stranger, so is this just press lies?
Woofer, here are his actual words on mainstream British TV yesterday morning:

I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by, by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13955
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by jd on 28.04.12 10:43

@tigger wrote:He may have been chosen for this job for various reasons, he looks like an honest copper, can just imagine him with a proper helmet. He looks intelligent enough so must realize this is rubbish. 195 leads, most of which would have to be sightings and as the Portuguese say: pointless if this is based on other photographs than the one published this week.

Not sure how true this is Tigger or if it is a mickey take, but this seems to be his background (Interesting choice of picture for the article!)

Waking The Dead style expert called in to crack case of Madeleine McCann
http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/midlands-news/2011/05/15/waking-the-dead-style-expert-called-in-to-crack-case-of-madeleine-mccann-66331-28694886/

BRITAIN’S top cold case cop is to lead the hunt for missing Midland girl Madeleine McCann.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood of the Metropolitan Police is the sleuth who inspired Waking The Dead TV detective Peter Boyd, played by actor Trevor Eve.
And he has already caught a killer on the run.

Detective Chief Inspector Redwood snared murderer Miguel da Silva, who went on the run for 15 years after the killing of mum-of-two Susan Martin in 1994.
Da Silva, who was jailed for life at the Old Bailey last November, escaped from a hospital in 1995 and fled to Spain where he raped two women while on the run.
But he was tracked down by the dogged detective in 2009.

Portuguese cops carried out an investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance from her family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve in May 2007, but failed to find her.

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Woofer on 28.04.12 10:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Could be we`re all reacting because AR has said they are investigating with both possibilities in mind:-

1. That she may still be alive

2. That she is dead (I can't find him saying she's been abducted by a stranger, so is this just press lies?
Woofer, here are his actual words on mainstream British TV yesterday morning:

I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by, by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive...



Thanks Tony - ok - yes, he does say `it is our belief, on the evidence of the timeline that a criminal act has been undertaken by a stranger`. Well the `alive team` are obviously grasping at straws here.

I`m holding out hope that the `dead team` are keeping their cards close to their chests and not broadcasting.

So why is he broadcasting the `highly unlikely alive team` above the `more likely dead team`?

I know Amaral has said SY is only investigating from the perspective of `alive/abducted`, and although I respect GA, I find it hard to believe that SY would do this. In fact AR has said they are following both possibilities.

Or maybe I`ve just woken up in a more positive mood this morning.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by PeterMac on 28.04.12 10:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there -
for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive -
and it is our belief, as experienced investigators -
on the evidence,
that,
um that you know,
that
that,
that is as a criminal act -
and that has been,
you know,
undertaken by,
by a stranger,
and so from that -
she’s…........
and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive...

If we break it up like that, we see his sub-conscious refusing to carry on until forced to do so by his conscious.

He is trapped. He cannot say what his professional experience tells him.
He cannot carry on, and eventually has to resort to changing the subject completely, at which point he become fluent and lucid again.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Spaniel on 28.04.12 11:11

@PeterMac wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there -
for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive -
and it is our belief, as experienced investigators -
on the evidence,
that,
um that you know,
that
that,
that is as a criminal act -
and that has been,
you know,
undertaken by,
by a stranger,
and so from that -
she’s…........
and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive...

If we break it up like that, we see his sub-conscious refusing to carry on until forced to do so by his conscious.

He is trapped. He cannot say what his professional experience tells him.
He cannot carry on, and eventually has to resort to changing the subject completely, at which point he become fluent and lucid again.
PeterMac, could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.04.12 11:30

@Woofer wrote:I know Amaral has said SY is only investigating from the perspective of `alive/abducted`, and although I respect GA, I find it hard to believe that SY would do this. In fact AR has said they are following both possibilities...[SNIPPED]
The way I read it, and the way everyone else was meant to take it, I'm sure, was:

"We have the evidence that Madeleine was taken by a stranger. We don't yet know if that abduction resulted in Madeleine being killed".

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13955
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 28.04.12 11:33

I have yet another question.

From the outset, this was supposed to be a review, not an investigation. A review looks at what is already there. That's what we have been told on numerous occasions, that SY have no remit to investigate, they were just turning over paper, and looking through the files, to see if anything had been missed.

So my question is this, if they are just reviewing, why have they had an age-progression photo made, and why are they asking people to ring them if they were in PDL at that time. They have already said they have a number of leads have already come in. So, this is not a review is it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Spaniel on 28.04.12 11:41

How can a timeline, drawn up by friends be evidence for a stranger abduction? Only one person has an independent witness to leaving the tapas bar at all, and that was Gerry McCann.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by puzzled on 28.04.12 11:59

@Spaniel wrote: could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?

Maybe not a lawyer, but concerns about the media could well influence it. After all, negative media coverage was one of the things that made the original Portuguese investigation so difficult wasn't it? It seems to me that Scotland Yard are caught between a rock and a hard place here. If they openly come out and say that she's most likely dead, what will the headlines be in all the papers next day? Apart from the fact that it could send the McCanns into pre-emptive spin mode. It seems then, that the best course of action might be to keep the media and the McCanns sweet, while doing all the real work behind the scenes.

____________________
...how did you feel the last time you squashed a bug? -psychopathic criminal, quoted in Robert Hare, Without Conscience

puzzled

Posts : 177
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by jd on 28.04.12 12:03

@Spaniel wrote:How can a timeline, drawn up by friends be evidence for a stranger abduction? Only one person has an independent witness to leaving the tapas bar at all, and that was Gerry McCann.

You mean this timeline.....


jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by justme3 on 28.04.12 12:04

I would like to ask SY, if the T9 hadn't been professional people, would the parents of the child be in jail right now? I think we ALL know the answer!

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by justme3 on 28.04.12 12:10

"THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann suffered a huge blow last night when slack Portuguese cops REFUSED to reopen the case"


Yes, I BET!

You can't make this C**p up, can you?

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by justme3 on 28.04.12 12:14

@justme3 wrote:"THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann suffered a huge blow last night when slack Portuguese cops REFUSED to reopen the case"


Yes, I BET!

"Kate and Gerry McCann had been given fresh hope by a Met review of the investigation.

Yesterday a source close to them said: “They were hoping the Portuguese would see sense and agree. But it seems not"

Go back and do a reconstruction, and explain why there were so many lies opps "inconsistencies" in your statements. I'll start you off..........locked doors, unlocked doors, jemmied windows, Jane Tanner see Gerry and Jeremy Wilkins, but them not seeing her. Shall I go on?




You can't make this C**p up, can you?

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Woofer on 28.04.12 12:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Woofer wrote:I know Amaral has said SY is only investigating from the perspective of `alive/abducted`, and although I respect GA, I find it hard to believe that SY would do this. In fact AR has said they are following both possibilities...[SNIPPED]
The way I read it, and the way everyone else was meant to take it, I'm sure, was:

"We have the evidence that Madeleine was taken by a stranger. We don't yet know if that abduction resulted in Madeleine being killed".

Thanks Tony - ok I concede it looks outwardly biased and, of course, totally unprofessional. AR is broadcasting that they are believing the prime suspects` stories.

So, one can only conclude that SY are either :-

1. Total twits, or

2. Pretending to be total twits.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by PeterMac on 28.04.12 12:16

@Spaniel wrote:PeterMac, could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?
When you are dealing with libel, and at this early stage in a review / enquiry, which even if it came to the conclusion all sentient people think is most likely, would not be heard in an English Court, yes.
But I doubt if they would need to directly.
Redwood knows the rules about not prejudicing a future court hearing by blabbing. And there is absolutely no doubt that he will have at his fingertips the details of all the libel suits past and present.
And he will despise them as much as an police officer does.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Pershing36 on 28.04.12 12:17

SY are going to be a laughing stock at the end of this. £3 million, 37 officers and probably years to go over what has already been done.


Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by friedtomatoes on 28.04.12 12:17

@justme3 wrote:"THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann suffered a huge blow last night when slack Portuguese cops REFUSED to reopen the case"


Yes, I BET!

You can't make this C**p up, can you?

Why can't they get their facts correct. Or is it they do know it is not up to the PJ but the AG to order the reopening but their spin suits them better.

____________________


friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Spaniel on 28.04.12 12:19

@puzzled wrote:
@Spaniel wrote: could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?

Maybe not a lawyer, but concerns about the media could well influence it. After all, negative media coverage was one of the things that made the original Portuguese investigation so difficult wasn't it? It seems to me that Scotland Yard are caught between a rock and a hard place here. If they openly come out and say that she's most likely dead, what will the headlines be in all the papers next day? Apart from the fact that it could send the McCanns into pre-emptive spin mode. It seems then, that the best course of action might be to keep the media and the McCanns sweet, while doing all the real work behind the scenes.
Thanks puzzled, what you say makes sense.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by justme3 on 28.04.12 12:21

@PeterMac wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:PeterMac, could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?
When you are dealing with libel, and at this early stage in a review / enquiry, which even if it came to the conclusion all sentient people think is most likely, would not be heard in an English Court, yes.
But I doubt if they would need to directly.
Redwood knows the rules about not prejudicing a future court hearing by blabbing. And there is absolutely no doubt that he will have at his fingertips the details of all the libel suits past and present.
And he will despise them as much as an police officer does.

I totally agree Petermac. I'm letting emotion get in the way of realising how the law works. Of course they aren't going to come out and say that the McCanns are guilty, but there's been so many twists to this sorry affair, where they have made millions from funds, books, libel cases, that it makes one lose faith in the British justice system.

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Spaniel on 28.04.12 12:24

@PeterMac wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:PeterMac, could a lawyer have any influence over what a senior met officer states in public or not?
When you are dealing with libel, and at this early stage in a review / enquiry, which even if it came to the conclusion all sentient people think is most likely, would not be heard in an English Court, yes.
But I doubt if they would need to directly.
Redwood knows the rules about not prejudicing a future court hearing by blabbing. And there is absolutely no doubt that he will have at his fingertips the details of all the libel suits past and present.
And he will despise them as much as an police officer does.
Thanks, I'll bow to your vast knowledge and trust AR will get a result.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by friedtomatoes on 28.04.12 12:24

@Pershing36 wrote:SY are going to be a laughing stock at the end of this. £3 million, 37 officers and probably years to go over what has already been done.


25% of the review done cost £2 million, so 100% could end up costing £8 million. If they could solve the case it would be a different matter. I hope they do.

____________________


friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Pershing36 on 28.04.12 12:47

Another thought just came across me.

If the original investigation was so 'botched' and the forensics so unreliable what is the point of looking at them again.

Surely any abductor would be able to discount any forensic evidence against them the same as Kate and Gerry did.

Maybe this is why they are heavily concentrating on the 'alive and well' theory as they know nothing else would stand up.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by russiandoll on 28.04.12 13:58

@PeterMac wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there -
for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive -
and it is our belief, as experienced investigators -
on the evidence,
that,
um that you know,
that
that,
that is as a criminal act -
and that has been,
you know,
undertaken by,
by a stranger,
and so from that -
she’s…........
and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive...

If we break it up like that, we see his sub-conscious refusing to carry on until forced to do so by his conscious.

He is trapped. He cannot say what his professional experience tells him.
He cannot carry on, and eventually has to resort to changing the subject completely, at which point he become fluent and lucid again.

exactly ! Apart from his professional experience, reason and logic won't allow it.
DCI Redwood has been handed the biggest of poison chalices. This is a review ordered by the Prime Minister and he is aware of all the controversy surrounding this case. He has a massive weight of responsibility on his shoulders trying to establish Maddie's fate. There is no way he has gone through the tapas statements and not noted the lies.
Foensic study of the timeline ? is that a ref to the virtual reconstruction?
He cannot say anything which might prejudice a fair trial and it is no surprise he is saying nothing about the parents' possible involvement.
I have seen the other clip where the video [the one I saw at least started at his point...] starts with his saying he is satisfied that someone took the child from her apartment, then mentions stranger abduction. I do not know if he was asked a leading question by the interviewer, put on the spot, he would have been in hot water to deny that possibility, because it implicates the parents immediately. I was surprised he did not announce that as a possibility, rather than say he was satisifed a stranger took Maddie, however the word stranger has a legal definition which is not as laypeople would understand it and maybe he was using the word that way.

I have read AR say different things to different papers, that there were MOMENTS when she might have been taken alive from the apartmtent, elsewhere that has changed to the nonsensical the timeline is evidence that she may be alive........that is bad journalism, if timeline allows abduction, there is no logical step at all to lead to belief she IS alive, quite the contrary; he knows the statistics. There is stuff for public consumption which possibly, hopefully, bears little resemblance to what is happening behind the scenes.
I am trying to keep in mind his words that Madeleine McCann is at the heart of everything his team is doing.
And the report in one paper that a key area of investigation is mobile phone analysis.

[o/t]

I would guess there is a lot of photo analysis going on. Madeleine was a child who was photographed numerous times, yet very little on an occasion you would expect more than average in a day, let alone a week.
The iconic photo does not imo show a child due to start school within the year.
Neither does the pool photo.
The tennis one does.
So the media were presented with a child younger than 3 imo.
The twins were photographed at the same time at the iconic photo, I have seen those photographs.
And they were photographed 5 months later.
They look more than 5 months older to me in the Portugal photos.
I hope a forensic specialist is called in,to enlarge the photos massively, measure limbs esp legs which are used for age calculation and decide if Maddie and the twins are only 5 months older than the earlier photos. And I hope they do that with Donegal.
Perversion of the course of justice is a serious crime.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum