The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Miracles do happen - why not for Maddie" - Daily Mail column

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Miracles do happen - why not for Maddie" - Daily Mail column

Post by nomendelta on 30.04.12 8:26

It's quite simple - the dogs don't lie! And their track record speaks for itself.

Martin Grimes had nothing to gain from forcing false alerts - better for him that his dogs miss something there than alert to something not there!

If Maddie died accidentally or otherwise and the trace of blood and death scent came from her then her parents HAD to know (or even be involved) and therefore had some reason to lie.

To date the McCanns have come up with a satisfactory answer regarding the dogs - the best they can do is claim a "conspiracy" of sorts suggesting they responded to signals from their handler. Strangely enough exactly the same kind of desperate wooly thinking that they accuse WE who speculate of!

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.04.12 8:29

@PeterMac wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
There are also sniffer dogs for drugs, money and guns, used mostly at airports and in drug raids.
And explosives. Airports and Afhanistan

Bill Bryson had a lovely story about - I think - Milwaukee airport. They decided to train some dogs to detect explosives. To test the dogs after a few weeks, they hid 2 packets of semtex in the airport.
The dogs - Basset hounds I seem to remember - were unable to find these. Unfortunately, so were the staff, who'd forgotten where they put them.
Undeterred, the dogs had some more training and an second trial was arranged with new explosives. Which the dogs also failed to find. The original packets of explosives were still not found by the time Bryson wrote his article.
Consequently, Milwaukee airport had become somewhat more dangerous than before these security measures.

I hasten to add that these were not well-trained dogs. The local sheriff thought it a good idea to try this out.

Chesterton wrote a poem about a dog:
- they haven't got no noses, the fallen sons of Eve, even the smell of roses is not what they supposes....

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.04.12 9:33

@tigger wrote:
Bill Bryson had a lovely story about - I think - Milwaukee airport. They decided to train some dogs to detect explosives. To test the dogs after a few weeks, they hid 2 packets of semtex in the airport.
The dogs - Basset hounds I seem to remember - were unable to find these. Unfortunately, so were the staff, who'd forgotten where they put them.
Undeterred, the dogs had some more training and an second trial was arranged with new explosives. Which the dogs also failed to find. The original packets of explosives were still not found by the time Bryson wrote his article.
Consequently, Milwaukee airport had become somewhat more dangerous than before these security measures.

I hasten to add that these were not well-trained dogs. The local sheriff thought it a good idea to try this out.
Lovely story.
Bill Bryson has a way with words, and a delightful way of shall we say "embellishing" a tale. Which is why he is so entertaining.
But don't be confused into thinking it is factually accurate to an evidential standard.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.04.12 9:41

@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Lovely story.
Bill Bryson has a way with words, and a delightful way of shall we say "embellishing" a tale. Which is why he is so entertaining.
But don't be confused into thinking it is factually accurate to an evidential standard.

Absolutely. Bryson is a writer, not a reporter. He did have another story which I can easily believe - that the FBI were watching the Russian Embassy - saw a US civil servant paying frequent visits. Meanwhile the CIA were trying to work out who was passing info to the Russians. But FBI and CIA don't really talk to each other, don't like each other and it only came out by accident.
Thurber is another one, during WWI the US Navy and the US army had different codes which they would not exchange. The Germans actually got hold of the Navy codes and returned them to the US, with recommendations on how to improve on them.

I'll desist! I'm derailing the topic. Sorry. smilie

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.04.12 11:27

[quote="tuom"]
Jean wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2135920/Miracles-happen-Maddie-Hope-McCanns-Scotland-Yard-detectives-review-case.html

This is a dreadful article - no surprises there - which will cause a shortage of sick buckets. Jan Moir is the lady whose article in 2009 on the deceased Boyzone singer Stephen Gately attracted unprecedented criticism and for which she was obliged to apologise.

She's certainly playing things safe now.

From the above quoted article :

Let us hope that the Portuguese authorities do the decent thing and follow up on every single lead that Scotland Yard now unearth.

The world would expect the British police to do the same if a Portuguese child went missing here — and you can bet your beat-pounding boots that our cops absolutely would.

I don’t think anyone could deny that from start to finish, the behaviour of the Portuguese police involved in investigating this case has been at the very least — infuriating.

I wonder whether Jan Moir listens to herself. In equal measure because the cadaver dog marked a dead body in Mccannss Apt and Car, should the UK Police ignore that line of investigation or should they take that into also consideration?

I mean if the possibility is 50/50, how can anyone realistically expect a country's police force (no matter which country) to chase up leads just on another country's police force say so without so much as give concrete evidence where they think she can be found.

If Yard seriously think she is alive ,and has concrete evidence to prove that, they should provide detail where to rescue her from. Failing that, then they should deploy ASAP the UK RAF or whatever rescue team to rescue her themselves. I cant see how the country's population can object to expenditure to rescue its missing citizen from the clutches of her evil captor, rather that waste it on further review which should no longer be necessary if the Yard is so certain they've evidence she is alive. To quantify that as a statement they must support they saying. In a nutshell, they should put their money where their mouth is.

Otherwise, how can they expect another country's Police to go on a wild goose chase?

Jan Moir should hang her head in shame whipping up xenophobia sentiment.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 30.04.12 21:47

[quote="aiyoyo"]
@tuom wrote:
Jean wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2135920/Miracles-happen-Maddie-Hope-McCanns-Scotland-Yard-detectives-review-case.html

This is a dreadful article - no surprises there - which will cause a shortage of sick buckets. Jan Moir is the lady whose article in 2009 on the deceased Boyzone singer Stephen Gately attracted unprecedented criticism and for which she was obliged to apologise.

She's certainly playing things safe now.

From the above quoted article :

Let us hope that the Portuguese authorities do the decent thing and follow up on every single lead that Scotland Yard now unearth.

The world would expect the British police to do the same if a Portuguese child went missing here — and you can bet your beat-pounding boots that our cops absolutely would.

I don’t think anyone could deny that from start to finish, the behaviour of the Portuguese police involved in investigating this case has been at the very least — infuriating.

I wonder whether Jan Moir listens to herself. In equal measure because the cadaver dog marked a dead body in Mccannss Apt and Car, should the UK Police ignore that line of investigation or should they take that into also consideration?

I mean if the possibility is 50/50, how can anyone realistically expect a country's police force (no matter which country) to chase up leads just on another country's police force say so without so much as give concrete evidence where they think she can be found.

If Yard seriously think she is alive ,and has concrete evidence to prove that, they should provide detail where to rescue her from. Failing that, then they should deploy ASAP the UK RAF or whatever rescue team to rescue her themselves. I cant see how the country's population can object to expenditure to rescue its missing citizen from the clutches of her evil captor, rather that waste it on further review which should no longer be necessary if the Yard is so certain they've evidence she is alive. To quantify that as a statement they must support they saying. In a nutshell, they should put their money where their mouth is.

Otherwise, how can they expect another country's Police to go on a wild goose chase?

Jan Moir should hang her head in shame whipping up xenophobia sentiment.

Jan Moir is a nasty piece of work who just loves to whip up xenophobia, homophobia, probably many things that end in 'phobia'. Bigoted doesn't quite cover it, frankly.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Daily Mirror article

Post by Guest on 01.05.12 9:04

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-opinion-my-utter-admiration-813033

I've never heard of this bimbo before - wonder if she's related to Fiona?

R.I.P. intelligent and informed journalism.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum