The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Death sentence for selling property to a Jew - Palestine

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Death sentence for selling property to a Jew - Palestine

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.04.12 19:00

@Shibboleth wrote:Nebuchadnezar reigned around 600 BCE. The chronicles of Daniel were written in both Aramaic and late-period Hebrew, which would have been the prominent languages of that time.
Yes.

Daniel was not only respected in his own (Jewish community) but also both in Babylon, where he became a minister of state, and in Persia, where the King of Persia promoted him to a high office in the diplomatic corps. Just as, by about 200BC, Greek had become the 'lingua franca' of the Mediterranean world, due to Alexander the Great's conquests, so Aramaic was the linua france of the Middle East, Persia and surrounding areas. Daniel would almost certainly have been multilingual and would undoubtedly have soken and written Aramaic, hence part of his book being written in that language.

There is a bit more about all this in this article about Daniel, written from a Christian point of view:

http://www.truthnet.org/Daniel/Introduction/

Languages

Aramaic and Hebrew are the two languages used in Daniel. Hebrew is used in Daniel 1:1 to Daniel 2:4a and Chapters 8 through 12, Aramaic is used from Daniel 2:4a to 7:28. The Aramaic langue was the common language or lingua franca, used in Assyrian, Babylonian and Persian communication. Aramaic is found also in the Ezra 4:8-6:18, 7:12-26 and Jeremiah 10:11.

Why did Daniel compose a portion of his revelation in a foreign language? Some have used this to argue a late date for the book of Daniel. Aramaic in fact was the common language in the 6th century B.C., not the Maccabean period (166 B.C) where Greek became the common language. Daniel's message was not only to the Jewish people, but to the nations. Aramaic in Daniel’s day is equivalent to English in our day. Daniel 2:4 to 7:28 would be accessible to any literate Greek, Babylonian or Jew in Daniel’s day and later.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsypeg on 22.04.12 1:31

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Besides that, the Palestinians are discriminated against and persecuted by their own people, the Arabs. Not one Arab state has ever accepted one Palestinian refugee. They refuse to help.

Not sure you've got that spot on Tony. I believe there are over 400,000 Palestinian refugees in Syria alone and I think most would consider Syria an Arab state.

http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/expert-guides/palestinian-refugees-in-syria/palestinian-refugees-in-syria

gypsypeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 on 22.04.12 2:51

Over 1.9 million Palestinians in exile in Jordan since 1948,of which 380,000 still living in refugee camps. Many thousands in Lebanon, and as you said,in Syria. As I said at the beginning of the thread, two sides to every story and as Mr Bennett said the whole truth should be told, or words to that effect, it is a complex situation, but imo there is fault and responsibility on each side and Britain and USA. Must also accept responsibility for their part in it.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.04.12 8:19

@gypsypeg wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Besides that, the Palestinians are discriminated against and persecuted by their own people, the Arabs. Not one Arab state has ever accepted one Palestinian refugee. They refuse to help.

Not sure you've got that spot on Tony. I believe there are over 400,000 Palestinian refugees in Syria alone and I think most would consider Syria an Arab state.

[url=http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/expert-guides/palestinian-refugees-in-syria/palestinian-refugees-in-syria
http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/expert-guides/palestinian-refugees-in-syria/palestinian-refugees-in-syria[/quote[/url]]

@anil39200 wrote:Over 1.9 million Palestinians in exile in Jordan since 1948,of which 380,000 still living in refugee camps. Many thousands in Lebanon, and as you said,in Syria. As I said at the beginning of the thread, two sides to every story and as Mr Bennett said the whole truth should be told, or words to that effect, it is a complex situation, but imo there is fault and responsibility on each side and Britain and USA. Must also accept responsibility for their part in it.
When I wrote "Not one Arab state has ever accepted one Palestinian refugee", I did not express myself very well. There are indeed many Palestinian refugees in Arab countries. My understanding is, however, that, collectively, the Arab states have decided not to offer resettlement to any of these Palestinian refugees. This is because it suits the Arab cause to portray all these refugees as Israel's fault. I should instead have written: "Not one Arab state has ever permanently re-settled one Palestinian refugee.

That's my understanding.

I'm open to being corrected.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.04.12 9:56

Starting with the Sykes-Picot treaty - which effectively started what we're seeing now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes–Picot_Agreement.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 22.04.12 10:01

This is because it suits the Arab cause to portray all these refugees as Israel's fault.
It is also why Arafat did not spend the millions he was given from countries across the world on his own people, instead squirrelling it away in Switzerland in private accounts which his wife is now trying to get hold of.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Inevitable

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.04.12 10:20

@tigger wrote:Starting with the Sykes-Picot treaty - which effectively started what we're seeing now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes–Picot_Agreement.
Yes, thank you for posting this.

I think it's the case that the appalling genocide of the Jews in the Nazi Empire 1933-45 made it almost inevitable that, after the end of World War II, the Jews would be given a homeland in Palestine, based largely on areas which were majority Jewish by 1948.

The area they were awarded by the U.N. was actually quite tiny. Israel enlarged it when the Arab states tried to strangle the tiny new state at birth by trying to invade it - and failing spectularly, despite superior manpower and weaponry.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.04.12 10:22

@PeterMac wrote:
This is because it suits the Arab cause to portray all these refugees as Israel's fault.
It is also why Arafat did not spend the millions he was given from countries across the world on his own people, instead squirrelling it away in Switzerland in private accounts which his wife is now trying to get hold of.
The Swiss financial coffers have been hugely swelled by the bank accounts of rogues and tax-evaders the world over.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum