The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jane Tanner - did she think she had killed Madeleine?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jane Tanner - did she think she had killed Madeleine?

Post by galena on 03.10.13 20:50

@nomendelta wrote:I think there is a tendency with some of us to latch on to more outlandish theories because the whole case stinks of something really beyond our comprehension.

One would have to presume that if Maddie was murdered or died accidentally that many if not all of the tapas 9, including of course her parents, are in on the secret. What would bind 9 people together to protect the secret? This together with how the McCanns have behaved in public - completely inappropriately for people who are worried about their abducted daughter and even more chillingly if they are responsible (accidentally or otherwise) for the child's death.

I personally can't imagine a scenario where I'd be quiet about such a thing so the more outlandish theories - some kind of experiment, cloned Maddie's, there was never actually a Maddie and the whole thing was set up to highlight chipping...they appeal because it's more palatable than the notion that 9 people can share and keep a dark, nasty secret in this way.
Personally I find it VERY hard to believe in any planned murder theory.  For one thing I can't see why anyone would plot to murder such a young child. For another if it HAD been planned 1) I doubt it would have been done in Portugal and 2) Gerry seems very good at planning, and they are both doctors - if they had committed the premeditated murder of their daughter I doubt we would have heard anything about it (look how long it took to catch Dr Shipman!)

My personal belief is an accidental death hastily covered up and everything else that followed intended to divert attention from that and on to an unknown abductor. I have actually no problem at all with their friends covering up for them - I read a lot of true crime and it's surprising how often friends/family members rally around to protect the accused, even when they aren't fully in the picture. 

I often wondered if some of the more outlandish theories on the 3As were actually created by PR people for the McCanns in order to strengthen the image of internet 'nutters'!

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.10.13 21:03

Has this ever been posted on this forum?

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/enigma-of-jennifer-anne-murat.html

It has had my mind racing, I have to say

Jenny Murat is/was a nurse. Could Madeleine have been taken there sometime in the day? Did someone put Madeleine BACK in the apartment when all was lost?? And was Gerry in the process of removing Maddie, when Jeremy Wilkins crossed GM's path? For me, at least, things are beginning to make sense

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.13 21:56

@ galena
I cannot see any planned murder either. I do "see" death, though. Accidental. The question is WHAT was the accident?

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 04.10.13 18:51

Châtelaine wrote:@ galena
I cannot see any planned murder either. I do "see" death, though. Accidental. The question is WHAT was the accident?
It's interesting that the McCanns (to the best of my memory) always talk about people on the internet saying that they killed Madeleine. In fact I would say that a large percentage actually think that she died an accidental death and the parents covered it up.

Well I can only speculate but I'm inclined to think that she came to grief when left on her own - that seems the most likely theory given the fact that the children seemed to spend most of their time in the crèche, where they had staff to look after them, or left alone in the apartment.  I also am deeply suspicious of the way the twins slept through the whole thing and wonder if Madeleine was accidently given an overdose. Cue panic on the part of her parents, who faced utter disgrace and damage to their careers/public image.  I could also speculate that instead of alerting the hospital they tried desperately to save her, perhaps enlisting the support of some friends, and ended up in an even worse situation when all attempts failed. The whole Find Maddie campaign and the attempt to force the abduction theory on the public strikes me as damage limitation rather than something thought out in advance (I know many will disagree with this).

I think the stumbling block for many people is the support of the Tapas 7 but I actually don't find that hard to credit at all if they thought it was an accident that could have happened to any of them and that there was no point in causing more suffering to the twins by having their parents sent to prison, losing their jobs etc. Or even if they didn't really know what happened they might have closed ranks to defend their friends against being framed by the 'nasty' foreign police. As I said earlier I read a lot of true crime and people seem to be a lot better at closing ranks and keeping silence in real life than in TV drama where the guilty party helpfully confesses all so that the audience finally understands what's going on smilie

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum