The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jane Tanner - did she think she had killed Madeleine?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jane Tanner - did she think she had killed Madeleine?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 10.05.12 18:17

@jd wrote:Maybe when Maddie met her fate they used the shower curtain to wrap her up in? Would be the only real thing in a holiday apartment on hand big enough, maybe it was tanner who got the curtain
Big enough indeed jd, but also crucially - waterproof...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 10.05.12 21:58

what shower curtain? i doubt this case is similar to psycho with a perkins

is there any evidence here? about anything to do with a shower curtain?

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariita on 10.05.12 22:11

This is what I found regarding shower curtains, never heard of it before.http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=45127

Mariita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.05.12 2:51

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@jd wrote:Maybe when Maddie met her fate they used the shower curtain to wrap her up in? Would be the only real thing in a holiday apartment on hand big enough, maybe it was tanner who got the curtain

RF...WATERPROOF....brilliant observation (hadn't thought this)..You are so on the ball! I see the logic of this and has got me thinking

Thank you Mariita for the link, please keep searching. This airport bag is something very important due to its contents and the timing. I do feel though that the shower curtain will only be relevant to the ones who knows and not info on the net (i.e. tanner/ROB). The blood stained towel in the barn is interesting especially with ROB and also his mobile calls to gerry. Am sure one of physics (Amanda Hart/Diane Lazarus) made this 'vision off my memory. There was this story in the UK media which was whooshed very quickly...however here are copies!

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html

Sunday Newspaper Front Pages Sunday December 02, 2007 The Sunday Express leads with a picture of missing toddler Madeleine McCann. It claims DNA clues have been found at a deserted farmhouse.

Sunday Express Newspaper Scan
http://tinyurl.com/2ejsuo
http://tinyurl.com/26szo7

"Now Hunt Centres on Disused Barn"

The hunt for Madeleine McCann last night centred on a disused barn near Praia da Luz where police found a towel stained with what may turn out to be the little girl's blood.

Fibres found on the towel allegedly match fibres from the hire car rented by Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester.

Today, for the first time the Sunday Express can shed light on the new avenue police are pursuing in the hope of a breakthrough in the baffling case.

Based on fresh information from mobile phone surveillance, police began a search of an area in the south east of the resort. They came across a towel, with an Aztec design, near a disused barn in a remote area close to Praia da Luz.

Portuguese sources say forensic scientists used a substance called Luminol to look for blood deposits and found three sites on the edges of the towel. They tested the blood deposits to see if there was a match with Madeleine's DNA.

Although the samples were not good quality the scientists were able to do what is called low copy analysis, which showed there was "moderate” support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in any court case.

They also found a loaf and a carrier bag, which produced no significant information, but close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the Renault Scenic hired by the McCanns 25 days after Maddie vanished.

Portuguese police sources say there was "strong support" that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres from the boot of the car.

One possibility being considered by the Portuguese detectives was that the towel had at some point been in the boot of the Renault Scenic, which would explain how fibres had got on it.

Note...This is straight after November 2007

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.05.12 5:55

@rainbow-fairy wrote:

My take on this is:
The bag with contents really existed and was indeed found near the airport - this may have been leaked to the press
The bag did contain the items stated - in fact exactly the items one would expect to find if a person had carried a dead body. The pencil box could be related to the colouring book.
The PJ - after analysis - kept the reports back - they are not in the published reports.
Dead bodies tend to leak I'm afraid - imo that's why the shower curtain was used, also to protect clothing.

The strange way in which the eggman carried the child: it would be the way one carries a dead body. One does not hug a dead body close to you.
Did JT describe the way the body was carried by herself? Not necessarily in the location given of course.

This is more for Forensic Linguistics: she mentions not having a fleece and not having jeans and in another interview demonstrates the way she carried the body or one might say - the bundle.

Since pretty well everybody else seems to have had both jeans and warm clothing with them - why did Jane have to borrow a fleece on the 3rd? Because both jeans and fleece had already been disposed of?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.05.12 6:54

Forgot to add: not the blanket.
This is more for Forensic Linguistics: she mentions not having a fleece and not having jeans and in another interview demonstrates the way she carried the body or one might say - the bundle.

All the items she specifically - (or rather which her brain unhelpfully supplies) - mentions could be related to one event. The blanket could have been wrapped over the shower curtain - and now we have bundle person wearing jeans and fleece.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 11.05.12 9:09

The plastic bag contained items which imo were an odd mixture. I am thinking if I am sorting out a cupboard or a drawer or wardrobe then the items are linked as in what you would find in that cupboard, drawer or wardrobe. So these items have a link through some other reason. I can link the shower curtain and the stained clothing as in the curtain was used to wrap something or even cover a floor or bed or table to prevent similar stains. It is the pencil case, the hair rubber band, a tee shirt I remember and wasn't there a face cloth also that stumps me as to why they are in the same bag. The lot are not the cleaning out of a drawer or cupboard, imo they are the disposing of items that were together during an event.
And why dumped at the side of the road when basuras are everywhere?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.05.12 9:40

I don't know where exactly it was found, perhaps in a basura (new word!). PJ have kept quiet about it,it seems.

I think the collection can quite easily be explained as items which were contaminated during one event. The pencil case being the odd one out, but if it was made of fabric, not so much. One might have expected something to match the t shirt, such as shorts or trousers.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 11.05.12 10:05

Tigger- as with everything to do with this case it pays to look at what is absent , not being said etc. That last line is chilling in its potential implications.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

same thought

Post by bobbin on 11.05.12 10:27

@russiandoll wrote:Tigger- as with everything to do with this case it pays to look at what is absent , not being said etc. That last line is chilling in its potential implications.

My thoughts exactly russiandoll

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.05.12 23:05

I think this 'airport bag' story is total fabrication, never happened, and was made to scare a few certain people to stay in line or else

To my knowledge, the PJ have never made any comment or reference to this bag, it only came out in the UK press

if it was true, nobody would dump these items and would burn them, bury them or something instead, not dump them on a road to be found. Also I think the location of Faro Airport is a subtle clue for whom this warning was intended. Saying it was not Portuguese but British if you understand my logic

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 11.05.12 23:19

There is also the possibility that the bag was left deliberately by some party by way of a distraction/red herring.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 12.05.12 0:15

@nomendelta wrote:There is also the possibility that the bag was left deliberately by some party by way of a distraction/red herring.

Possibly but I don't think so with all things considered

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 12.05.12 2:55

The 'airport bag' story came out on the same page as the ROB mobile phone call trace...was the mobile call on June 10th related to the barn story?
December 2nd 2007

On December 1st 2007...This story was published in The Sun (Curious timing as we all knew about this for nearly 6 months, so why now all of a sudden?)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/532112/The-Exeter-connection-Robert-Murat-Maddie.html

Murat's 'Exeter connection'
SUSPECT Briton Robert Murat, 34, lives in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese resort where Maddie went missing on May 3.
He spent ten days with his sister Samantha in Exeter, Devon, and worked on a house his mother Jennifer, 71, owns in nearby Sidmouth. Murat returned to Portugal two days before Maddie vanished.

Connection ... from left, Dr O'Brien and partner Jane Tanner, James Gorrod and his wife Charlotte (why has this line pasted as it is not in the article, weird)
Murat's sister lives less than a mile from Dr Russell O’Brien and partner Jane Tanner, two of the McCanns’ Tapas Seven holiday friends.

Dr O'Brien and Ms Tanner are neighbours of James and Charlotte Gorrod, who were also at the resort. Did Murat know of the holiday plans?

So 2 weeks after the kennedy meetings & reports of 2 Tapas 9 members wanting to change their statement, we have 3 stories within 24 hours of each other......Which has one common factor if you include the fleece....Russell O'Brien (partner of jane tanner)

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee on 12.05.12 8:21

Jd that line is from under the photo at the bottom of the page.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 12.05.12 11:36

@uppatoffee wrote:Jd that line is from under the photo at the bottom of the page.

Ah yes! thanks....it was late!! ooops

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 04.09.12 19:00

fiona payne interview

I still don’t see, erm, I think, emotionally, it would be hideous to go back and have to do an re-enactment, I really do, and I don’t see how, erm, emotions couldn’t affect the way it was done, because it would just be horrific, I mean, imagine, you know, Jane having to relive that, Kate having relive that, any of us having to relive that, you, you couldn’t do it without it being an emotional thing”.

why prioritise Jane's name first when it's Kate's daughter missing?

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.09.12 20:53

Feeling Like a Tanner
2:05 PM(24) Comments

Who can forget "the crying Tanner" from the Mockumentary?.

It was the purest, most formidable expression of betrayal sufferance that we’ve ever had the opportunity of setting our eyes on.
http://textusa.blogspot.nl/2012/05/feeling-like-tanner.html
It was clear and precise. At once we all understood that we were before someone who has just been told mercilessly that “You’ve outlasted your use so you’re totally dispensable”.

It takes a total lack of conscience and of principles to tell that to someone who has significantly, under relevant risk, gone way out of his/her way to help you out of an enormously problematic situation that his/her, altruism and friendship are no longer of use in your favour but s/he should NEVER forget that their altruism has now become very useful to be used against them.

That is called to be made “feel like a Tanner”. Please, not to be confused with “doing a Tanner”.

To be made to "feel like a Tanner" is to have your friendship and trust bent by your trusted friends in such a way that it becomes a dagger pointed right at your heart.
unquote
Textusa has a particularly obtuse angle on things but I always find them (after a bit of digging) full of interesting insights and information.
Jane Tanner was crying real tears and why exactly?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.09.12 21:01

@dragonfly wrote:fiona payne interview

I still don’t see, erm, I think, emotionally, it would be hideous to go back and have to do an re-enactment, I really do, and I don’t see how, erm, emotions couldn’t affect the way it was done, because it would just be horrific, I mean, imagine, you know, Jane having to relive that, Kate having relive that, any of us having to relive that, you, you couldn’t do it without it being an emotional thing”.

why prioritise Jane's name first when it's Kate's daughter missing?

Something another poster observed was DP refers to the other couples as Matt & Rachael, Rob & Jane etc i.e. male/female. But with the mccanns only he refers to them kate & gerry....female/male....Interesting. Shows he has a close bond with kate maybe?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 04.09.12 23:35

story november... 2 people wanted to change statements...then story re bag in press same month...then people deny wanting to change statements .
a message to shut the hell up imo. keep in line or else. message received and understood it would appear.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.12 6:38

@russiandoll wrote: story november... 2 people wanted to change statements...then story re bag in press same month...then people deny wanting to change statements .
a message to shut the hell up imo. keep in line or else. message received and understood it would appear.

That's why I think it was ROB and JT who were the two witnesses that the PJ was so interested in, not DP and DW.

Gerry was very well informed about the prison sentence one could expect for hiding a body - two years. That might be the same for an 'accomplice'.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 05.09.12 12:12

Agreed re- the O'Briens Tigger; the more I read the more I am convinced. I thought they were too obvious at first and that maybe the Paynes were the main interest for the police. I still believe the Paynes are more involved than at first appears, under the radar so to speak, especially Fiona. So I thought maybe the police had JT and ROB sussed and wanted to probe the Paynes a bit more.
The O' Briens are up to their necks in it ; how much of their involvement has been voluntary, how much was coerced, how much they have been embroiled in ignorance is what I find interesting.
I get a strong impression that one or both feels used and abused to the point of betrayal.
One day I am sure the pack of cards will come tumbling down and the truth will out. I do not think that level of secrecy can be maintained indefinitely.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.12 16:34

It might also explain the blind panic of JT when she was asked to identify Murat from a van with darkened windows. I didn't pay much attention to it, but she was afraid that she'd be taken somewhere and I remember a mention of Spain for some reason. In any case, the story sounded true.
In view of the above, she may well have been petrified at the time for reasons best known to herself.
She did think she was in danger of being arrested. I'll have to find it again.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.12 18:36

From the Rogatory Interview:
Jane Tanner: ...
so I arranged to meet Bob SMALL in a car park at half seven or something at night or
whatever it was, so Russell and I walked up to, erm, to meet Bob SMALL and, by
chance, erm, we walked up, we’d missed the throng of Press that were at the top of
the road, we actually walked up by Robert MURAT’s house and he came down in his
car, in his van at that point, stopped, and he knew Russ, he’d met Russell earlier in
the week, so he actually jumped out to say ‘Hi’ to Russell and he was showing us,
erm, things in the back of his car as to what he was doing with the, erm, because
they’d set up a stop where people could come and give their own evidence”.
01.17.05 4078 “Yeah, I can remember that”.
Reply “So he’d actually jumped out and I’d never, I’d never, I hadn’t met him at this point,
so I didn’t really know who he was and I wasn’t really taking it in because I was
worried sick I was about to be abducted by the people”.

4078 “By the Spanish Police?”
Reply “And taken to the Spanish Police, so I was a bit sort of like, you know. Erm, and so
we stopped to talk, that was probably a couple of minutes, and he was trying to show
us all this stuff, but I was, at that point, I was thinking ‘Oh shut-up I need to go and
meet Bob SMALL’”.
unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 05.09.12 19:12

@tigger wrote:From the Rogatory Interview:
Jane Tanner: ...
so I arranged to meet Bob SMALL in a car park at half seven or something at night or
whatever it was, so Russell and I walked up to, erm, to meet Bob SMALL and, by
chance, erm, we walked up, we’d missed the throng of Press that were at the top of
the road, we actually walked up by Robert MURAT’s house and he came down in his
car, in his van at that point, stopped, and he knew Russ, he’d met Russell earlier in
the week, so he actually jumped out to say ‘Hi’ to Russell and he was showing us,
erm, things in the back of his car as to what he was doing with the, erm, because
they’d set up a stop where people could come and give their own evidence”.
01.17.05 4078 “Yeah, I can remember that”.
Reply “So he’d actually jumped out and I’d never, I’d never, I hadn’t met him at this point,
so I didn’t really know who he was and I wasn’t really taking it in because I was
worried sick I was about to be abducted by the people”.

4078 “By the Spanish Police?”
Reply “And taken to the Spanish Police, so I was a bit sort of like, you know. Erm, and so
we stopped to talk, that was probably a couple of minutes, and he was trying to show
us all this stuff, but I was, at that point, I was thinking ‘Oh shut-up I need to go and
meet Bob SMALL’”.
unquote

What earth is that woman on, this or Fullers winkwink She has the word ABDUCTION well and truly on her mind.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum